Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 10:51:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228116 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Can the GN'R fanbase EVER be satisfied?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can the GN'R fanbase EVER be satisfied?  (Read 52000 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #220 on: January 05, 2016, 07:35:35 PM »

I agree with most of you. But also I think there is negativity out of fear of getting excited just to see everything breaking up again.  

Take the Gilby thing, for example - at mygnr there is people demanding that Gilby is present. Well, Gilby represents absolutely nothing in GNR history, he accomplished absolutely nothing, he was not instrumental in absolutely anything. He is also an extremely average guitar player, technically miles behind Fortus and most other players that were a part of GNR at any point. But he is old, he was around in the 90s, so he is more legit, cooler and has to be there.
Agree with you 100%. Gilby had zero input unless you consider TSI's power chords to be anything worthy. It's like demanding Teddy Zig Zag on the current lineup.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #221 on: January 05, 2016, 07:44:43 PM »

^wow, great answer (kyrie).

i think people are just designed to not be satisfied about things in the long term. its like a survival mechanism in our dna or something. the whole perpetual carrot on a fishing pole being dangled in front of a horse thing.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #222 on: January 05, 2016, 07:48:06 PM »

Short answer: no

Longer answer: no, because once the band imploded, fans took sides. And as members came and went, more lines were drawn. To the point that I don't think it's possible to satisfy the entire fanbase.

Hard to argue with this.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ericy210
Headliner

What's up..... homefuck!

« Reply #223 on: January 05, 2016, 08:45:47 PM »

The only satisfaction is if we could roll the clock 25 years (I'd love to be a rocking teen again)!  We can't turn back time, so let's enjoy the greatest thing that could have happened!

Iowa City 1993, Leeds 2002, Quad Cities 2002, Chicago 2002, NYC 2006, Lisbon 2006, London 2006, Donnington 2006, Wembley 2006, Chicago 2006, Toronto 2010, Chicago 2011, Chicago 2012, Chicago 2016 x 2
lipeguns
Rocker

This guy wanna pinch my ass! Ha! Ha! Ha!

« Reply #224 on: January 06, 2016, 12:54:03 AM »

It always will be a vicious circle! Slash will be on stage but some asshole fans will ask Axl where's Izzy or Adler. Just wait!
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #225 on: January 06, 2016, 05:49:48 AM »

Well....I am quite happy!!! Ok - excited as hell!!! 💃💃💃💃

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
Gman84
Opening Act

« Reply #226 on: January 06, 2016, 07:27:59 AM »

To answer the original question of the thread title - no.

If you got into the band in the early days you'll always feel that the original/classic (however you want to refer to it, for me it's unimportant but I've seen how that term divides people on here) were the real band and will have always hankered for something like what is happening now to happen although there will also be those who want the AFD line-up and nothing more.

For those who discovered the band later in their career and have seen them live with the likes of Buckethead/Robin/DJ/BBF and have an attachment for those guys, their styles, what they brought to CD then I can understand that some of those people will feel it's a backward step.

For me, I'm excited, although still a little apprehensive.  I really hope that Axl and Slash have truly sorted their differences rather than just agreeing to disagree and perform together.  Whatever has happened since Slash left has happened and can't be changed but you would hope they can also remember where they came from and what they battled to achieve from nothing.  You also hope that the years have made them wiser and I think the fact that everyone is clean(er) nowadays is a big difference.

My final hope is that this just isn't a one-off thing.  I do think it would be very difficult for many to accept anything without Slash and Duff if they move on after these performances and possible tour but at the same time no one can make them or Axl do anything they don't want to do.  It would be great to see some new music but maybe the most difficult aspect of this whole situation for people who are more inclined towards the more modern line-ups is what happens to the music Axl has stated is done.  I'm not sure Slash and Duff would want to work on it but you never know especially if the band as a whole feels they can add to it.

All I'd say to everyone is accept you have no control and enjoy the ride.  The fact that Axl and Slash are going to share a stage again proves that anything can happen in this world.
SV4GNR
Opening Act

« Reply #227 on: January 06, 2016, 07:49:27 AM »

It would be great if everyone would be satisfied but unfortunately to many people have there own idea of how things should be. Why not just be happy and excited about the up coming shows and wait and see what the future holds.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #228 on: January 06, 2016, 08:07:02 AM »

Take the Gilby thing, for example - at mygnr there is people demanding that Gilby is present. Well, Gilby represents absolutely nothing in GNR history, he accomplished absolutely nothing, he was not instrumental in absolutely anything. He is also an extremely average guitar player, technically miles behind Fortus and most other players that were a part of GNR at any point. But he is old, he was around in the 90s, so he is more legit, cooler and has to be there.
Agree with you 100%. Gilby had zero input unless you consider TSI's power chords to be anything worthy. It's like demanding Teddy Zig Zag on the current lineup.
[/quote]

Something wrong with being a fan of Gilby and/or wanting to see him again? It's a personal opinion. And to some, the technical ability is not all there is.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #229 on: January 06, 2016, 08:12:03 AM »

When is enough enough? When can people just be satisfied?

Apparently never. I can't believe we've arrived at a point where Slash and Duff have returned and people are still unhappy. It's insane.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
sandman
Legend

« Reply #230 on: January 06, 2016, 08:25:03 AM »

YES.

the fanbase is very satisfied. The fans are very excited about the reunion.

There is not a band that has a fanbase with 100% agreement and satisfaction. if that is what anyone is expecting, you need to wake up to reality.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
SV4GNR
Opening Act

« Reply #231 on: January 06, 2016, 08:28:13 AM »

When is enough enough? When can people just be satisfied?

Apparently never. I can't believe we've arrived at a point where Slash and Duff have returned and people are still unhappy. It's insane.

Yea I have to say I would have never expected to still hear people complaining after huge news like Axl, Slash and Duff playing together again.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 08:51:44 AM by SV4GNR » Logged
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #232 on: January 06, 2016, 08:38:58 AM »

YES.

There is not a band that has a fanbase with 100% agreement and satisfaction. if that is what anyone is expecting, you need to wake up to reality.

Exactly.  There is never 100% satisfaction among any fan base, be it with a band, sports team, movie, etc.  I would guess that the vast majority of GnR fans are very satisfied with the recent events.  Well done, TB!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #233 on: January 06, 2016, 08:47:17 AM »

YES.

Exactly.  There is never 100% satisfaction among any fan base, be it with a band, sports team, movie, etc.  I would guess that the vast majority of GnR fans are very satisfied with the recent events.  Well done, TB!

Yes... and even more important than them.. credit to the two MEGAPOWERS for finally squashing their 20 year feud.

I keep refreshing all of these pages 100 times a day hoping to see official tour dates pop up.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
SV4GNR
Opening Act

« Reply #234 on: January 06, 2016, 08:54:43 AM »

It is awesome to see them put the past behind them.  beer
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #235 on: January 06, 2016, 08:57:03 AM »

Fanatics will always find something to bitch about.  peace
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #236 on: January 06, 2016, 09:01:18 AM »

I think Slash and Duff being back in the fold is a very cool thing, and it?s great to see the posters here upbeat about the upcoming show(s).
For me personally, I?ve seen Axl, Slash and Duff play together. I?ve seen them play apart in more intimate venues than I could have if they hadn?t broken up, and I enjoyed all of those experiences.

But the idea of Axl, Slash and Duff getting up on stage without Izzy and Steven just doesn?t have me reaching for my wallet.
I could be cool with the fact that these guys are far removed from their prime, and I?d probably be paying 10x the amount I paid to see them in the past. Hell, I?d be giddy about it. But while Axl and Slash alone is enough for the masses, it?s still a far cry from the Guns N? Roses I grew up on.
If it ends up being Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, & Steven, I?ll be there. Not ideal, but Sorum and Gilby would probably get me there too.
If the rumours of the kinda-sorta reunion are true, I think I?ll enjoy catching it on youtube just the same.

Will at the very least be interesting to see Axl and Slash back on stage together again, where they were always meant to be.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #237 on: January 06, 2016, 09:03:08 AM »

Pure speculation on my part, but I don't think this is how it was supposed to go down.
I think possibly Axl, Slash and Duff were meant to go on Kimmel or something to announce it all.
The low key annoucment on social media might be a plan B or C. 

Its possible they hit some kind of road block. 

Overall though, I'm personally excited to see Slash and Duff back.
Hopefully we get more details soon so i can relax.  Cheesy

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #238 on: January 06, 2016, 09:14:52 AM »

Pure speculation on my part, but I don't think this is how it was supposed to go down.
I think possibly Axl, Slash and Duff were meant to go on Kimmel or something to announce it all.
The low key annoucment on social media might be a plan B or C. 

Its possible they hit some kind of road block. 

Overall though, I'm personally excited to see Slash and Duff back.
Hopefully we get more details soon so i can relax.  Cheesy

How is it speculation that the future of GNR was supposed to be announced on Kimmel? It's fact.
Brahaman
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #239 on: January 06, 2016, 09:35:29 AM »

Hi every one. I'm from Chile and my english is like shit. No Google Translator what so ever.

For years (there's some guys in this board that may remember me, maybe not) I've considered all this 1997-2014 line ups a simple tribute band with exceptional musicans but with no blod in their veins. just a bunch of guys collected carefully to try to bring back to life somethig long dead. Let's say a sort of GNR Light, sugar free, whith Estevia, Aloe Vera, fat free... what ever.

Back in the day, I really whish (for almost a decade), that some UYI/ish line up rise from the ashes and ruled the world, kick asses, fuck off all over the place... I was young.

When Slash pulled out his "solo" work, my thoughts slightly changed. I simply stop traking GNR for 5 years until a cuple of month now.

Today I'm prety exited about this. No more guitar guy doing everything to get some audience response. No more bass guy jumping arround trying to get noticed. No more three guitars (hopefully).

Slash and Duff are back in GNR.

GNR is back.

Where's Izzy?...

Matt or Steven.

No more three guitars, but two drummers?

It's kinda funny to be in this side of the fence now, watching lots of Slash haters ripping off his robes, cursing to heavens for freezing the hell, and for unleashing the Devil in the top hat.

Once again, sorry for my english.

Bye

ps: I didn't remember that already had 13 post in this board...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 09:38:45 AM by Brahaman » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: