Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 11:02:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228116 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Can the GN'R fanbase EVER be satisfied?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can the GN'R fanbase EVER be satisfied?  (Read 52026 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #200 on: January 05, 2016, 04:53:03 PM »

Most of the negative comments I have seen have to do with questions of Axl's current vocal ability.

Which, honestly, aren't going away until that first show.

But he comes out on April 16th and can still belt it out, that talk dies.

That's all there is to it in my opinion. Axl's voice has changed dramatically for the worse after 2010. If he recovers his voice, this will be a massively sucessful tour.

I agree.  Think it all comes down to that one aspect of all this.

I think tickets sell this time regardless.  But future tours will depend on how he sounds this summer.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #201 on: January 05, 2016, 04:58:34 PM »

I find it funny how the media is reacting to this. Some journalists who have been writing shit about the 2001-2015 lineups and saying things like "it's only Axl, why bother" and demanding the older members back, are now telling us how this is just a cash grab and nothing more and it will suck and blah blah.

Most of the negative comments I have seen have to do with questions of Axl's current vocal ability.

That's all there is to it in my opinion. Axl's voice has changed dramatically for the worse after 2010. If he recovers his voice, this will be a massively sucessful tour.

That's for sure. But then you'll have the delays bullshit, the no original 5, the no new music, the no certain songs instead of new songs, the no press release, you name it man, plenty of shits and all wrong. Cheesy

"...It don't really matter..."
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #202 on: January 05, 2016, 04:59:03 PM »

BTW, to answer the topic. No, the GNR fanbase will never be satisfied.

The NuGNR supporters are already expressing their dissent regarding NewOldGNR (SLashDUFAXLGNR)

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #203 on: January 05, 2016, 05:03:17 PM »

The NuGNR supporters are already expressing their dissent regarding NewOldGNR (SLashDUFAXLGNR)

Don't you figure they struggle to find real numbers though?  I sure do.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #204 on: January 05, 2016, 05:09:54 PM »

Don't you figure they struggle to find real numbers though?  I sure do.

I think they should've started their dissent when Robin left. That's when I kind of let myself go emotionally.

While I do think their position is odd.  I understand where they come from.
If this is just a cash grab, and no new music is released, the whole thing could look bad.

Pedrolg
Opening Act

« Reply #205 on: January 05, 2016, 05:19:49 PM »

I find it funny how the media is reacting to this. Some journalists who have been writing shit about the 2001-2015 lineups and saying things like "it's only Axl, why bother" and demanding the older members back, are now telling us how this is just a cash grab and nothing more and it will suck and blah blah.

That's for sure. But then you'll have the delays bullshit, the no original 5, the no new music, the no certain songs instead of new songs, the no press release, you name it man, plenty of shits and all wrong. Cheesy

A bit of the BS is jut how GNR is. I wouldn't have it any other way tbh, as long as it doesn't get to a point where it ruins things.
Giantrobott
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #206 on: January 05, 2016, 05:55:10 PM »

Things are getting weird  ok
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #207 on: January 05, 2016, 06:00:47 PM »

Nah we'll probably never be satisfied. For me to be satisfied, I would need a good tour, new album and a new best of with 2 new songs before the new album.

Also unreleased box set of 4 discs with all the best unheard or rare stuff on it...

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Giantrobott
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #208 on: January 05, 2016, 06:06:46 PM »

The means DO exist.
DizzyReed63
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #209 on: January 05, 2016, 06:11:12 PM »

Nope. Casual fans just like Slash. Casual fans who think they are more than casual fans will beg for people like Gilby and Matt. Die-hard old school fans demand Izzy and Steven. Super nerds will demand Tracii Guns. Angry trolls just hate "Axel"

Imagine every current and former player lining up in every possible combination. One part of the crowd goes, "YES!!" and another goes, "BOO! NOT AUTHENTIC GNR!"
Also, what is up with so many angry "gnr experts" commenting about "Axel"?

For me, I'm freaking happy as hell with what's going on.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #210 on: January 05, 2016, 06:18:58 PM »

Nope. Casual fans just like Slash. Casual fans who think they are more than casual fans will beg for people like Gilby and Matt. Die-hard old school fans demand Izzy and Steven. Super nerds will demand Tracii Guns. Angry trolls just hate "Axel"

Hahahaha

How do people misspell his name?  Even if you are not a fan, he is one of the most famous singers of his time.

Does anyone talk U2 and call him "Bonno"?

Pedrolg
Opening Act

« Reply #211 on: January 05, 2016, 06:25:37 PM »

Hahahaha

How do people misspell his name?  Even if you are not a fan, he is one of the most famous singers of his time.

Does anyone talk U2 and call him "Bonno"?

I think there is a line of reasoning similar to the hipster - one has to argue that the situation is not cool, while advocating for what is cool in his opinion, and that he knew it was cool before it was cool.

Take the Gilby thing, for example - at mygnr there is people demanding that Gilby is present. Well, Gilby represents absolutely nothing in GNR history, he accomplished absolutely nothing, he was not instrumental in absolutely anything. He is also an extremely average guitar player, technically miles behind Fortus and most other players that were a part of GNR at any point. But he is old, he was around in the 90s, so he is more legit, cooler and has to be there.
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #212 on: January 05, 2016, 06:26:15 PM »

I'm very happy with the reunion news. I'm enjoying the amount of attention the world is paying to GNR right now.

But as far as fans go I have the most love and respect for the people on here who were perfectly prepared to stick it out with Tommy, Ron, DJ and the rest.
Props to everyone that stayed loyal the whole time.

or to put it another way "all the Guns N' Fuckin' Roses fans who stuck with us through all the fucking shit.."
Pedrolg
Opening Act

« Reply #213 on: January 05, 2016, 06:29:53 PM »

I'm very happy with the reunion news. I'm enjoying the amount of attention the world is paying to GNR right now.

But as far as fans go I have the most love and respect for the people on here who were perfectly prepared to stick it out with Tommy, Ron, DJ and the rest.

or to put it another way "all the Guns N' Fuckin' Roses fans who stuck with us through all the fucking shit.."

Well, I would stick with them no problem, I just wanted them to do something. Five years of touring the same songs can get a bit stale, don't you agree?
--DEA--
Rocker

Try it!!

« Reply #214 on: January 05, 2016, 06:35:16 PM »

It's just all the idiots that are not satisfied..
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #215 on: January 05, 2016, 06:36:30 PM »

Well, I would stick with them no problem, I just wanted them to do something. Five years of touring the same songs can get a bit stale, don't you agree?

Exactly. Well, we did get one demo leak from them.

Pedrolg
Opening Act

« Reply #216 on: January 05, 2016, 06:39:21 PM »

It's just all the idiots that are not satisfied..

Where does the need to use insults come from? Their music and performances are products, people have the right to be satisfied or not.

What is annoying is people who are not coherent - spend 10 years saying that the band is a farce because it doesn't have the original members; when thei finally reunite, the same people say Axl sold out. That is indeed idiotic.
Kenan
Opening Act

« Reply #217 on: January 05, 2016, 07:16:48 PM »

I agree with the original poster. Quite a few people picking apart the "reasons" behind the reunion/reformation...While it's their right to do so, I can't help but think they should instead just enjoy the show. I for one, am very happy to see Axl, Slash and Duff on the stage - GRATEFUL to be more precise! beer
Annie
« Reply #218 on: January 05, 2016, 07:22:47 PM »

The world is so full of haters.  I saw the trailer for Batman vs Superman and Ben Affleck is one HOT Batman.  There was so much backlash when he got the role! GNR is going to put on some kick ass shows this year!  I will always be grateful that I got to see them Up Close and Personal. Not much of a festival gal.   Would only do Lollapalooza if I had VIP.  But will see at least one stadium show in Chicago for sure!  Cool

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #219 on: January 05, 2016, 07:29:21 PM »

Short answer: no

Longer answer: no, because once the band imploded, fans took sides. And as members came and went, more lines were drawn. To the point that I don't think it's possible to satisfy the entire fanbase.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: