Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 11:09:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228116 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Can the GN'R fanbase EVER be satisfied?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can the GN'R fanbase EVER be satisfied?  (Read 52046 times)
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #160 on: November 24, 2015, 10:18:38 PM »

I don't think Rio11 was vocally sloppy at all, that is Troll Gospel.

There were lots of things going awry that day- the endless downpour and the equipment malfunctions didn't help anything.

True.

But 'November Rain' was not a good showing for him that night.  Let's be honest here.

Incredible performance of 'Estranged' for the first time in 18 years.  But there were other problems in that show, not weather or equipment related.

Why is that wrong to say?  Anyone can have an off night.  Even just an off song.

It's wrong to pile blame on a performer when there were clearly more than a few contributing factors. I didn't think it was the "disaster" that some [trolls] make it out to be.

So if someone says that the performance was sloppy.. they are automatically trolls?

Oh c'mon Emily. It was a very weak performance, yes there was some other things going on, but do you think Axl walked off happy with himself after that performance? I highly doubt it.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #161 on: November 24, 2015, 10:19:11 PM »

However, sometimes supporters can be negative and critics can be positive.  Maybe DGenerationX walks on that fine line, but at least he seems respectful.

Respectful to who?

Like I said, it's not one or two posts.... It's not something I realized today. It's been going on for quite some time.

And you know, maybe it'd be better if it wasn't the same day in and day out and if the person in question was able to be a bit more open to the fact that he's not always right... But it's not gonna happen any time soon. Until then, it's just a lot of words about stuff that don't mean anything. Say one thing, act the opposite.

Your response percentage to things I have to say is absurdly high.  I 100% believe when you log on you search every thread to find out what the same handful of folks said.  Look at all your responses.  Look at the pattern.

It's all right there. 

Again, the poor me routine.

You're living in some weird alternative reality?

No, I don't log in and look for posters.
I look at posts. I read the new posts. It's not odd is it? It's a bit sad to think that you sit there and honestly think I login and go looking for your posts. Like really?

Now, I'm gonna ask you something, and don't skip this only because you want to.
Is it possible that since you posts so much, it's more likely that I will reply to your post than to other posts? If out of 50 posts, 35 are yours, is it more likely that one of yours will get a reply compared to say one made by someone else who only made that one post?

Yes/No?

Maybe that tells you something. Probably it doesn't because you don't wanna think about being wrong. Again.

/jarmo

Well... half a day off the board to get a few things done and i miss all the action.  Cheesy

To be fair, i tried this on my 3rd or 4th post once i joined this site, to try and "keep it light" and meet half way.. .but all i got was abuse after abuse from Emily.  Shocked  Wink

Poor you  crying

A quick gander at post history shows you were the instigator in any "abuse" you received. You made several personal attacks and were responded to accordingly.

Your Reputation for flying off the handle and not controlling yourself proceeds you.

Mine does not.

A great example of that, is the fact you are currently arguing with 3 people in the same thread.   Kiss

Haha, a majority doesn't make for right nor truth.

Again, you lot are not talented at discerning emotions on the internet, it isn't your forte'  hihi

I'm not arguing, I'm discussing  Kiss

Umm.. No. I have tried in the past to lighten up your hostility on here by keeping my side of things light hearted. I have not seen a response from you that indicates you are able to do the same.

Anyhoo, im gonna move off this for the sake of the thread ... Ill answer the OP's question and hopefully it doesnt cause a huge fight Wink.

For me personally.... Am i satisfied with what Guns have produced so far? Up until TSI... yes... what they delivered was brilliant. And i listen to those albums more then any other music, i can honestly say i enjoy pretty much every song on AFD, UYI and TSI. CD did nothing for me, thats just my opinion.

If Guns were to never get back together, and Axl never performed again... id be sad because i dont think he would have fulfilled his potential completely. If he shares a stage with some of the classic line up especially Slash.....and comes back fit.. and looking mean and not sloppy on vocals... and does another tour and then calls it quits, then for me personally... it would be a great closure. I would love to see a couple more official releases too if this happens. I know some will disagree... but the fans probably deserve an official release if this reunion happens.. it doesnt have to be an album of new material.... hell.. id settle for a DVD of their come back show and that would do me.

I dont ask for much  Cheesy Wink

Nice attempt to try and justify your personal attacks and attempt to save face Cheesy

That said-
I love Chinese Democracy and consider it a very valuable piece of the GNR Discography, it contains some brilliant music.

Unlike the above "fan" I don't think Axl was ever "sloppy" on Vocals and I have been to a good many shows.

I think GNR should do what is best for GNR,and all involved, and I look forward to the next touring cycle, the next release and everything going forward.

How am i saving face? Do you think other posters like reading the personal wars you wage on here? I personally dont think they do.. hence why i just moved on with the convo.

Fair enough.. you like CD.. i don't. That's cool.

Axl has been sloppy in the past. RIR 2011 ring any bells?

No personal wars waged at all, it is discussion and sometimes debate.  Kiss

There were lots of things going awry that day- the endless downpour and the equipment malfunctions didn't help anything.

I thought it was horrible.... IIRC he forgot the words to NR too?

Ill have to go back and watch that song again to confirm it....

And, just to clarify my earlier point about the sloppy comment.. i just really hope that IF/WHEN Axl is up on stage he is at absolute peak fitness physically and vocally. There has been times  where he probably could have done more to be in tip top shape and i just hope that if hes back, hes back at his best. That is my hope. And.... i think he will be, especially if hes sharing a stage with Duff and Slash.

As I noted, there were more than a few contributing factors that show.

It's real easy to sit back and pass judgment .

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #162 on: November 24, 2015, 10:20:46 PM »

True.

But 'November Rain' was not a good showing for him that night.  Let's be honest here.

Incredible performance of 'Estranged' for the first time in 18 years.  But there were other problems in that show, not weather or equipment related.

Why is that wrong to say?  Anyone can have an off night.  Even just an off song.
he said in the show he was sick. That also explains why he doesn't really care and is hard to pay attention, forgetting lyrics. Nice that he still went on. And people say he doesn't care about the fans

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #163 on: November 24, 2015, 10:21:43 PM »

True.

It's wrong to pile blame on a performer when there were clearly more than a few contributing factors. I didn't think it was the "disaster" that some [trolls] make it out to be.

So if someone says that the performance was sloppy.. they are automatically trolls?

Oh c'mon Emily. It was a very weak performance, yes there was some other things going on, but do you think Axl walked off happy with himself after that performance? I highly doubt it.

No, I know he wasn't happy with that show, but you have seen the trolls that post that it was some unmitigated "disaster".

It honestly wasn't that bad, and there were more than a few contributing factors.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #164 on: November 24, 2015, 10:22:59 PM »

True.

he said in the show he was sick. That also explains why he doesn't really care and is hard to pay attention, forgetting lyrics. Nice that he still went on. And people say he doesn't care about the fans

Yes, he was sick, the equipment was malfunctioning AND it was pouring down rain nonstop.

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #165 on: November 24, 2015, 10:23:35 PM »

Most definitely.

But that happens in all walks of life for professionals, why shouldn't a performance be critiqued? It wasnt his best night out. He would probably admit it too.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #166 on: November 24, 2015, 10:26:08 PM »

True.

No, I know he wasn't happy with that show, but you have seen the trolls that post that it was some unmitigated "disaster".

It honestly wasn't that bad, and there were more than a few contributing factors.

I read a lot of very over the top comments online regarding that show too. Thats the internet though.

Ive watched numerous awesome shows on youtube and Axl has been fucking superb, go down to the comments section and theres just hate filled shit everywhere. It's hard to swallow that stuff, because i dont think its even close to the mark. I am sure people dont believe everything they write just do it for trolling purposes. So yeah i agree with you.

However, im not one of those people for the record.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #167 on: November 24, 2015, 10:26:29 PM »

Most definitely.

But that happens in all walks of life for professionals, why shouldn't a performance be critiqued? It wasnt his best night out. He would probably admit it too.

Again- considering he was sick, the equipment was malfunctioning and it was pouring down rain- it is admirable that he soldiered on with the show.

I wonder how many of the little haters and critics would have the same fortitude and dedication?

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #168 on: November 24, 2015, 10:27:37 PM »

True.

I read a lot of very over the top comments online regarding that show too. Thats the internet though.

Ive watched numerous awesome shows on youtube and Axl has been fucking superb, go down to the comments section and theres just hate filled shit everywhere. It's hard to swallow that stuff, because i dont think its even close to the mark. I am sure people dont believe everything they write just do it for trolling purposes. So yeah i agree with you.

Good to know, some of those comments are way over the line, inappropriate and inaccurate, obviously Trolls, sociopaths and other #internetfilth.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 10:31:56 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #169 on: November 24, 2015, 10:34:42 PM »

True.

Yes, he was sick, the equipment was malfunctioning AND it was pouring down rain nonstop.

Those conditions where horrible and I think the entire band especially Axl did a great job

However the true champs of the show

Where the fans there!!   

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #170 on: November 24, 2015, 10:36:24 PM »

Now here, we agree.  I also find the whole "Axl Rose Disaster" routine on Youtube a bit overdone.

He flubbed some lyrics.  Shit happens.  

He wasn't killing live kittens onstage.  People need to relax.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #171 on: November 24, 2015, 10:42:09 PM »

Now here, we agree.  I also find the whole "Axl Rose Disaster" routine on Youtube a bit overdone.

Agreed- All things considered it honestly wasn't any sort of a disaster.

I wonder how many of those little critics would have the same commitment and determination to carry on in the light of the situation?

"Shut the fuck up."
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #172 on: November 24, 2015, 10:45:53 PM »

Axl had a off night.    There were circumstances around it.

You can say that and move on

There are people that just pounce on anyone that says anything about any show.   Or any critisism that someone may have towards the band.  

Get over it

Don't harp on the negative

Don't think everything is great.  

I treat the band like a sports team.  Well I will always be a fan.  But I like to have my say.    

Go forbid any goes to a move and gives a review

You are not a fan of movies!!   You just don't get it hater!!  

Umm. No

I love that arist and most of there work usually.  But this one per romance stunk
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #173 on: November 24, 2015, 10:47:22 PM »

I treat the band like a sports team.  Well I will always be a fan.  But I like to have my say.    

Umm. No

I love that arist and most of there work usually.  But this one per romance stunk

Best post of the day.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #174 on: November 24, 2015, 10:50:53 PM »

There are people that just pounce on anyone that says anything about any show.   Or any critisism that someone may have towards the band.  

Get over it

Umm. No

Nope, My gripe is with supposed fans that are constantly critical and negative about damn near anything pertaining to GNR.

It isn't confined to one topic or one post, it is ongoing.

But hey, you got approval from your possee so that's all that matters right?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 10:52:46 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #175 on: November 24, 2015, 11:39:48 PM »

Get over it

Umm. No

Nope, My gripe is with supposed fans that are constantly critical and negative about damn near anything pertaining to GNR.

I dont think there is any "possee" going on here???  Roll Eyes

Everyone (so far) seems to be meeting at half way regarding that show in Rio. Yes... there was mitigating factors that contributed to what most people would suggest wasnt a great performance. No-one has said anything derogatory about Axl today regarding that show. I said it was sloppy... not exactly a harsh word... and i still think forgetting lyrics is a bit of no no and its not a good look, certainly in the age of youtube its not... but as you rightly pointed out its not the end of the world and he did battle on which was admirable.

No-one is back slapping for agreeing to any of this. I dont think anyone is being nasty or harsh either. As i said... There is a lot of superb stuff from Axl online and i love the shit out of it.  Cheesy

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #176 on: November 25, 2015, 01:11:10 AM »

Get over it

Umm. No

I dont think there is any "possee" going on here???  Roll Eyes

Everyone (so far) seems to be meeting at half way regarding that show in Rio. Yes... there was mitigating factors that contributed to what most people would suggest wasnt a great performance. No-one has said anything derogatory about Axl today regarding that show. I said it was sloppy... not exactly a harsh word... and i still think forgetting lyrics is a bit of no no and its not a good look, certainly in the age of youtube its not... but as you rightly pointed out its not the end of the world and he did battle on which was admirable.

No-one is back slapping for agreeing to any of this. I dont think anyone is being nasty or harsh either. As i said... There is a lot of superb stuff from Axl online and i love the shit out of it.  Cheesy

Typo with the Extra "E".

There are definitely two sides to the ongoing debates, complaints and more or less constant disagreements- we can call them Pro GNR vs Anti GNR for clarity, I would be considered in the Pro Camp.

I don't think sloppy is an accurate term, but that is more along the line of semantics, there are some really good songs and moments from that show-which is more or less miraculous considering the amount of things going on and going wrong-- and it is a testament to how determined, committed and Great GNR really is IMO.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 01:24:47 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #177 on: November 25, 2015, 03:44:02 AM »

True.

yeah its always disheartening to see that stuff. you know they arent giving him a chance.

as for the argument that jarmo should leave dx alone, i dont see how you can expect that to work. its his site and you are talking about people he knows. its like going to someones house everyday, talking bad about their friends, and telling them to just ignore you. instead of kicking you out, he lets you stay, but at least he has to correct the record, doesnt he? what would you do in his position?

also, what is it that keeps this place from being reduced to the level of mygnr or youtube? isnt it because of the way Jarmo manages it? if he just starts ignoring comments, how long do you think it would take this place to become another mygnr? id give it a few months, tops. if jarmo and his way of doing things is not the reason this place is different from mygnr, please tell me what the reason is?

the internet is too impersonal. there is no scale. i heard the reason george lucas quit making star wars films was partly because of internet fans.

well this is the millionth time weve all had this same talk and brought up the same exact points. but the point that it is not really an option for jarmo to ignore posts, and where him ignoring posts would lead to, is always ignored or laughed off with some joke.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #178 on: November 25, 2015, 04:50:13 AM »

Rio was the best performance of all time, by any artist, and if you disagree, you hate Axl and love Satan.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #179 on: November 25, 2015, 05:01:30 AM »

Rio was the best performance of all time, by any artist, and if you disagree, you hate Axl and love Satan.

You know posting silly trolls like this is why people don't think you are sincere or take you seriously.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 05:33:58 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: