Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 11:02:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228116 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Can the GN'R fanbase EVER be satisfied?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can the GN'R fanbase EVER be satisfied?  (Read 52026 times)
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #140 on: November 24, 2015, 09:14:48 PM »

It's called examples, it doesn't have to be true, it's just proving his point, or wondering if something will happen. Imagine how boring it would be discussing without opinion

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #141 on: November 24, 2015, 09:18:27 PM »

It's called examples, it doesn't have to be true, it's just proving his point, or wondering if something
will happen. Imagine how boring it would be discussing without opinion

Exactly.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #142 on: November 24, 2015, 09:24:20 PM »

In my opinion (there's that pesky word) you often post inaccuracies as truth, and sometimes invent situations and conversations that never happened.

I absolutely use hypothetical conversations to make a larger point.  No question about it.

Number of times any of them have been prefaced with any variation of : This is 100% what happened.  Write it down, write it in ink, chisel it in stone, though?

Zero.  Zero times.

What you are saying, and have been saying, is simply inaccurate.  You are describing events that have never occurred.

What's the fear here, Emily?  Someone here might agree with me?  Is that why asking the questions is so dangerous and must be stopped?

Ridiculous, nobody anywhere said you used that preface- straw man argument.

I said you often posted things as if they were fact, and concocted imaginary conversations and scenarios.

There is No fear at all, It is very tiring and dreary to read the same bitter regurgitation of dead horse topics and weary little criticisms every single day, it gets old.

We have already discussed why I'm not going to ignore it.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #143 on: November 24, 2015, 09:25:28 PM »

It's called examples, it doesn't have to be true, it's just proving his point, or wondering if something will happen. Imagine how boring it would be discussing without opinion

Isn't Terminology fun? You call it examples, and I call it fabrication.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #144 on: November 24, 2015, 09:33:36 PM »

No, but you repeatedly said I've presented opinion as fact, which is a 100%, no doubt about it falsehood.

It's never happened, Emily.  If it was your interpretation of how it came across, its the wrong one.  Which you've been told repeatedly, and you just keep repeating the same nonsense.

Hey, look at that.  I guess I get can't let fabrication go unanswered either.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #145 on: November 24, 2015, 09:34:45 PM »

However, sometimes supporters can be negative and critics can be positive.  Maybe DGenerationX walks on that fine line, but at least he seems respectful.

Respectful to who?

Like I said, it's not one or two posts.... It's not something I realized today. It's been going on for quite some time.

And you know, maybe it'd be better if it wasn't the same day in and day out and if the person in question was able to be a bit more open to the fact that he's not always right... But it's not gonna happen any time soon. Until then, it's just a lot of words about stuff that don't mean anything. Say one thing, act the opposite.

Your response percentage to things I have to say is absurdly high.  I 100% believe when you log on you search every thread to find out what the same handful of folks said.  Look at all your responses.  Look at the pattern.

It's all right there. 

Again, the poor me routine.

You're living in some weird alternative reality?

No, I don't log in and look for posters.
I look at posts. I read the new posts. It's not odd is it? It's a bit sad to think that you sit there and honestly think I login and go looking for your posts. Like really?

Now, I'm gonna ask you something, and don't skip this only because you want to.
Is it possible that since you posts so much, it's more likely that I will reply to your post than to other posts? If out of 50 posts, 35 are yours, is it more likely that one of yours will get a reply compared to say one made by someone else who only made that one post?

Yes/No?

Maybe that tells you something. Probably it doesn't because you don't wanna think about being wrong. Again.

/jarmo

Well... half a day off the board to get a few things done and i miss all the action.  Cheesy

To be fair, i tried this on my 3rd or 4th post once i joined this site, to try and "keep it light" and meet half way.. .but all i got was abuse after abuse from Emily.  Shocked  Wink

Poor you  crying

A quick gander at post history shows you were the instigator in any "abuse" you received. You made several personal attacks and were responded to accordingly.

Your Reputation for flying off the handle and not controlling yourself proceeds you.

Mine does not.

A great example of that, is the fact you are currently arguing with 3 people in the same thread.   Kiss

Haha, a majority doesn't make for right nor truth.

Again, you lot are not talented at discerning emotions on the internet, it isn't your forte'  hihi

I'm not arguing, I'm discussing  Kiss

Umm.. No. I have tried in the past to lighten up your hostility on here by keeping my side of things light hearted. I have not seen a response from you that indicates you are able to do the same.

Anyhoo, im gonna move off this for the sake of the thread ... Ill answer the OP's question and hopefully it doesnt cause a huge fight Wink.

For me personally.... Am i satisfied with what Guns have produced so far? Up until TSI... yes... what they delivered was brilliant. And i listen to those albums more then any other music, i can honestly say i enjoy pretty much every song on AFD, UYI and TSI. CD did nothing for me, thats just my opinion.

If Guns were to never get back together, and Axl never performed again... id be sad because i dont think he would have fulfilled his potential completely. If he shares a stage with some of the classic line up especially Slash.....and comes back fit.. and looking mean and not sloppy on vocals... and does another tour and then calls it quits, then for me personally... it would be a great closure. I would love to see a couple more official releases too if this happens. I know some will disagree... but the fans probably deserve an official release if this reunion happens.. it doesnt have to be an album of new material.... hell.. id settle for a DVD of their come back show and that would do me.

I dont ask for much  Cheesy Wink

Nice attempt to try and justify your personal attacks and attempt to save face Cheesy

That said-
I love Chinese Democracy and consider it a very valuable piece of the GNR Discography, it contains some brilliant music.

Unlike the above "fan" I don't think Axl was ever "sloppy" on Vocals and I have been to a good many shows.

I think GNR should do what is best for GNR,and all involved, and I look forward to the next touring cycle, the next release and everything going forward.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #146 on: November 24, 2015, 09:38:02 PM »

No, but you repeatedly said I've presented opinion as fact, which is a 100%, no doubt about it falsehood.

It's never happened, Emily.  If it was your interpretation of how it came across, its the wrong one.  Which you've been told repeatedly, and you just keep repeating the same nonsense.

Hey, look at that.  I guess I get can't let fabrication go unanswered either.

No, I have seen you repeatedly pose scenarios and suppositions as fact.

Even Fernando said you were wrong in most of your posts.

The only nonsense is you making excuses for your obviously negative behavior and attempting to paint yourself as blameless while trying to divert from the actual issue by defending individual posts.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #147 on: November 24, 2015, 09:39:54 PM »

I have zero qualms about how that whole exchange went.

I'd link it in my sig, but don't want the implication I'm taunting.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #148 on: November 24, 2015, 09:48:40 PM »

I have zero qualms about how that whole exchange went.

I'd link it in my sig, but don't want the implication I'm taunting.

Sure, zero qualms because you (mistakenly) think you know it all .

Confimational bias is a way to keep on believing lies and remaining delusional.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #149 on: November 24, 2015, 09:57:02 PM »

Boy, do you love that term.

No, I have no qualms about the exchange because he didn't say anything.  He quoted 3 different arguments I made in one post about 3 different things.  Threw out one line about it being wrong.  No context.  No follow up.  No details.  We don't even know, of the 3, what he was actually even talking about. 

But at that point, he was in the wind.

Now, to some of my bigger fans, this was the smackdown of the century.  Whooped up like it a Def Comedy Jam crowd back in the day. 

But then the subsequent conversation had amongst the gang here afterwards, folks did wonder what new was actually learned by his bombshell.  Even the people that felt I just got served struggled to point out what exactly was said, if they even bothered to try to answer that question.

Now, I don't have the hate for TB some do.  But one of the chief complaints is lack of communication and running and hiding, right?

Well, with that opinion out there...would you be putting that exchange in your highlight film?

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #150 on: November 24, 2015, 10:00:24 PM »

However, sometimes supporters can be negative and critics can be positive.  Maybe DGenerationX walks on that fine line, but at least he seems respectful.

Respectful to who?

Like I said, it's not one or two posts.... It's not something I realized today. It's been going on for quite some time.

And you know, maybe it'd be better if it wasn't the same day in and day out and if the person in question was able to be a bit more open to the fact that he's not always right... But it's not gonna happen any time soon. Until then, it's just a lot of words about stuff that don't mean anything. Say one thing, act the opposite.

Your response percentage to things I have to say is absurdly high.  I 100% believe when you log on you search every thread to find out what the same handful of folks said.  Look at all your responses.  Look at the pattern.

It's all right there. 

I look at posts. I read the new posts. It's not odd is it? It's a bit sad to think that you sit there and honestly think I login and go looking for your posts. Like really?

Is it possible that since you posts so much, it's more likely that I will reply to your post than to other posts? If out of 50 posts, 35 are yours, is it more likely that one of yours will get a reply compared to say one made by someone else who only made that one post?

Yes/No?

Maybe that tells you something. Probably it doesn't because you don't wanna think about being wrong. Again.

/jarmo

Well... half a day off the board to get a few things done and i miss all the action.  Cheesy

To be fair, i tried this on my 3rd or 4th post once i joined this site, to try and "keep it light" and meet half way.. .but all i got was abuse after abuse from Emily.  Shocked  Wink

Poor you  crying

A quick gander at post history shows you were the instigator in any "abuse" you received. You made several personal attacks and were responded to accordingly.

Your Reputation for flying off the handle and not controlling yourself proceeds you.

Mine does not.

A great example of that, is the fact you are currently arguing with 3 people in the same thread.   Kiss

Again, you lot are not talented at discerning emotions on the internet, it isn't your forte'  hihi

Umm.. No. I have tried in the past to lighten up your hostility on here by keeping my side of things light hearted. I have not seen a response from you that indicates you are able to do the same.

Anyhoo, im gonna move off this for the sake of the thread ... Ill answer the OP's question and hopefully it doesnt cause a huge fight Wink.

For me personally.... Am i satisfied with what Guns have produced so far? Up until TSI... yes... what they delivered was brilliant. And i listen to those albums more then any other music, i can honestly say i enjoy pretty much every song on AFD, UYI and TSI. CD did nothing for me, thats just my opinion.

If Guns were to never get back together, and Axl never performed again... id be sad because i dont think he would have fulfilled his potential completely. If he shares a stage with some of the classic line up especially Slash.....and comes back fit.. and looking mean and not sloppy on vocals... and does another tour and then calls it quits, then for me personally... it would be a great closure. I would love to see a couple more official releases too if this happens. I know some will disagree... but the fans probably deserve an official release if this reunion happens.. it doesnt have to be an album of new material.... hell.. id settle for a DVD of their come back show and that would do me.

Nice attempt to try and justify your personal attacks and attempt to save face Cheesy

That said-
I love Chinese Democracy and consider it a very valuable piece of the GNR Discography, it contains some brilliant music.

Unlike the above "fan" I don't think Axl was ever "sloppy" on Vocals and I have been to a good many shows.

I think GNR should do what is best for GNR,and all involved, and I look forward to the next touring cycle, the next release and everything going forward.

How am i saving face? Do you think other posters like reading the personal wars you wage on here? I personally dont think they do.. hence why i just moved on with the convo.

Fair enough.. you like CD.. i don't. That's cool.

Axl has been sloppy in the past. RIR 2011 ring any bells?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #151 on: November 24, 2015, 10:02:03 PM »

That was bad, yeah.

But, first night and first show in like, a year.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #152 on: November 24, 2015, 10:04:33 PM »

Boy, do you love that term.

No, I have no qualms about the exchange because he didn't say anything.  He quoted 3 different arguments I made in one post about 3 different things.  Threw out one line about it being wrong.  No context.  No follow up.  No details.  We don't even know, of the 3, what he was actually even talking about. 

But at that point, he was in the wind.

Now, to some of my bigger fans, this was the smackdown of the century.  Whooped up like it a Def Comedy Jam crowd back in the day. 

But then the subsequent conversation had amongst the gang here afterwards, folks did wonder what new was actually learned by his bombshell.  Even the people that felt I just got served struggled to point out what exactly was said, if they even bothered to try to answer that question.

Now, I don't have the hate for TB some do.  But one of the chief complaints is lack of communication and running and hiding, right?

Well, with that opinion out there...would you be putting that exchange in your highlight film?

I read the exchange, how do you know he wasn't drawing that conclusion and making that statement from reading a good many of your posts, or maybe even your post history?

He clearly said you were wrong in most of your posts.

But hey, only most - not all, there's the bright side for you. Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #153 on: November 24, 2015, 10:08:32 PM »

I read the exchange, how do you know he wasn't drawing that conclusion and making that statement from reading a good many of your posts, or maybe even your post history?

I sincerely doubt he even knows who I am.  I am just some name on a screen, posting on a day he happened to log on.

I'd have been happy to have the conversation though, were he willing.  If I have something wrong, by all means, correct the record.  I'm not opposed to it by any stretch.  I've consistently said one of their great failures as an operation is letting errors go uncorrected.

But I can't force him to talk if he doesn't want to.  Can I?

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #154 on: November 24, 2015, 10:10:02 PM »

Respectful to who?

It's all right there. 

Yes/No?

/jarmo

Poor you  crying

Mine does not.

That said-

How am i saving face? Do you think other posters like reading the personal wars you wage on here? I personally dont think they do.. hence why i just moved on with the convo.

No personal wars waged at all, it is discussion and sometimes debate.  Kiss

I don't think Rio11 was vocally sloppy at all, that is Troll Gospel.

There were lots of things going awry that day- the endless downpour and the equipment malfunctions didn't help anything.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #155 on: November 24, 2015, 10:12:31 PM »

I sincerely doubt he even knows who I am.  I am just some name on a screen, posting on a day he happened to log on.

I'd have been happy to have the conversation though, were he willing.  If I have something wrong, by all means, correct the record.  I'm not opposed to it by any stretch.  I've consistently said one of their great failures as an operation is letting errors go uncorrected.

But I can't force him to talk if he doesn't want to.  Can I?

He said you were wrong in most of your posts, you expect him to give you a post by post personal rundown?

Hilarious Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #156 on: November 24, 2015, 10:13:34 PM »

There were lots of things going awry that day- the endless downpour and the equipment malfunctions didn't help anything.

True.

But 'November Rain' was not a good showing for him that night.  Let's be honest here.

Incredible performance of 'Estranged' for the first time in 18 years.  But there were other problems in that show, not weather or equipment related.

Why is that wrong to say?  Anyone can have an off night.  Even just an off song.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #157 on: November 24, 2015, 10:15:37 PM »

Respectful to who?

It's all right there. 

Yes/No?

/jarmo

Poor you  crying

Mine does not.

That said-

No personal wars waged at all, it is discussion and sometimes debate.  Kiss

I thought it was horrible.... IIRC he forgot the words to NR too?

Ill have to go back and watch that song again to confirm it....

And, just to clarify my earlier point about the sloppy comment.. i just really hope that IF/WHEN Axl is up on stage he is at absolute peak fitness physically and vocally. There has been times  where he probably could have done more to be in tip top shape and i just hope that if hes back, hes back at his best. That is my hope. And.... i think he will be, especially if hes sharing a stage with Duff and Slash.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #158 on: November 24, 2015, 10:16:39 PM »

He said you were wrong in most of your posts, you expect him to give you a post by post personal rundown?

He said I was wrong in one of my posts he quoted.  One post with 3 different arguments made.  I still don't even know what he was referencing.  

But if he came back tomorrow, I'd resurrect the thread from the depths and try to have a conversation with the guy.

Odd course of action for a guy supposedly so concerned with being right and telling others what's what, hmm?

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #159 on: November 24, 2015, 10:16:43 PM »

True.

But 'November Rain' was not a good showing for him that night.  Let's be honest here.

Incredible performance of 'Estranged' for the first time in 18 years.  But there were other problems in that show, not weather or equipment related.

Why is that wrong to say?  Anyone can have an off night.  Even just an off song.

It's wrong to pile blame on a performer when there were clearly more than a few contributing factors. I didn't think it was the "disaster" that some [trolls] make it out to be.

"Shut the fuck up."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: