Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 10:49:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228116 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Can the GN'R fanbase EVER be satisfied?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can the GN'R fanbase EVER be satisfied?  (Read 51996 times)
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #120 on: November 24, 2015, 06:05:44 PM »

If I were GNR I wouldn't want my fan base to be satisfied. There is a saying in show business "Always leave the public wanting more." It applies. I would be more worried if my fan base was happy with the status quo. That's how bands become nostalgia acts when fans are content with just going to see their favorite band play the hits. After everything that's gone on over the last 20 something years they should be honored that they have a fan base as rabid as they have. Fans who come on these sites who want to hear new material. Who want news. All of that should be seen as a plus for them.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2015, 07:08:11 PM »

Why would you post that here? Not cool at all. no Troll move.

You aren't very good at sussing out people's emotions via the internet, keep your day job- I'm Zen.

Nobody gets "violent" here, that is laughable that you think so

Only one lost in the game is you  Kiss

Oh, but you can stalk me from one thread to the other and that is ok ?

So I was right.  Grin

Honestly I don't know how old you are or how long you have been a fan, but I don't see a great deal you have "been right" about at all.  no

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2015, 07:12:45 PM »

You continually come in here and complain, criticize and try to paint all things GNR in the darkest most dire colors, and you post opinion as fact and fantasy as truth.

If I'm so wrong and clueless, why do you put stock in anything I say?  That gripe never made any sense to me.

Why not just label me misguided and move on?  Its what I do with most of your stuff.  I don't stomp my feet and shout from the heavens that you sound ridiculous.  People can read.  They know you sound ridiculous.  They don't need me holding up a big fucking sign like the crazy homeless guy on the corner.

It seems like you disregard anything I say on merit, but then pretend its real just to rail against it.

Isn't that the very definition of "straw man".  You're the board dictionary buff, help me out here.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #123 on: November 24, 2015, 07:13:56 PM »

Granted I havent read ALL of his posts. However from what ive read, aside from this one comment about the Stuff added to the LIve Albums, I don't think he's a hater. He just likes to point out flaws. That's observing, not complaining, he was probably just born under Virgo.  hihi

He was asking me to be treated differently. I told him why it doesn't work like that and offered a reason why this happens. Instead of acknowledging or responding, he started going on about one post. Nice shift of focus.

/jarmo

I've said it before how It must be difficult to moderate this site.
Its true, you don't want the negative to overpower the positive.

However, sometimes supporters can be negative and critics can be positive.  Maybe DGenerationX walks on that fine line, but at least he seems respectful.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #124 on: November 24, 2015, 07:18:03 PM »

He was asking me to be treated differently. I told him why it doesn't work like that and offered a reason why this happens. Instead of acknowledging or responding, he started going on about one post. Nice shift of focus.

It was more asking to spread some of your attention around a bit.  Appreciate the love, but I'm really not that fascinating.

Your response percentage to things I have to say is absurdly high.  I 100% believe when you log on you search every thread to find out what the same handful of folks said.  Look at all your responses.  Look at the pattern.

It's all right there. 

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #125 on: November 24, 2015, 07:20:11 PM »

However, sometimes supporters can be negative and critics can be positive.  Maybe DGenerationX walks on that fine line, but at least he seems respectful.

I know a lot of my opinions are going to get pushback, some of it, very vocal.

But I would have zero qualms letting someone come in here, read my responses to people and their responses to me, and determine who is more out of line and aggressively agitated.

I'll take that Pepsi challenge every day of the week. 

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #126 on: November 24, 2015, 07:21:45 PM »

Respectful to who?

Like I said, it's not one or two posts.... It's not something I realized today. It's been going on for quite some time.

And you know, maybe it'd be better if it wasn't the same day in and day out and if the person in question was able to be a bit more open to the fact that he's not always right... But it's not gonna happen any time soon. Until then, it's just a lot of words about stuff that don't mean anything. Say one thing, act the opposite.

Your response percentage to things I have to say is absurdly high.  I 100% believe when you log on you search every thread to find out what the same handful of folks said.  Look at all your responses.  Look at the pattern.

It's all right there. 

Again, the poor me routine.

You're living in some weird alternative reality?

No, I don't log in and look for posters.
I look at posts. I read the new posts. It's not odd is it? It's a bit sad to think that you sit there and honestly think I login and go looking for your posts. Like really?

Now, I'm gonna ask you something, and don't skip this only because you want to.
Is it possible that since you posts so much, it's more likely that I will reply to your post than to other posts? If out of 50 posts, 35 are yours, is it more likely that one of yours will get a reply compared to say one made by someone else who only made that one post?

Yes/No?

Maybe that tells you something. Probably it doesn't because you don't wanna think about being wrong. Again.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 07:31:46 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #127 on: November 24, 2015, 07:38:57 PM »

I look at posts. I read the new posts. It's not odd is it? It's a bit sad to think that you sit there and honestly think I login and go looking for your posts. Like really?

Um...yeah, I do.

The other day I posted something about an analogy I felt missed the mark.  You, who I was not even talking to at the time, was able to call up an analogy I made *six weeks prior* in a disturbingly short period of time.  I don't even know what thread that was in.

But you did.

And its not just me.  Never said it was just me.  Like I said, an absurdly high rate of your responses are to the same 5 or people, of which I am one.  I just have more posts, so its seems like its more me than them.

The posts are all found right here on this board, dude.  It's not like I'm spinning some wild yarn.  It right there, and provable to anyone that challenges that.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #128 on: November 24, 2015, 07:47:14 PM »

Is it possible that since you posts so much, it's more likely that I will reply to your post than to other posts? If out of 50 posts, 35 are yours, is it more likely that one of yours will get a reply compared to say one made by someone else who only made that one post?

Yes/No?

Maybe that tells you something. Probably it doesn't because you don't wanna think about being wrong. Again.

Oh, absolutely its because I post more.  100% accurate that's part of it.

I think that's why you finally snapped today.  You've been trying to draw me out for weeks.  I knew the post you fired off today was coming eventually.  Because we both spend so much time here.  Even I'll admit it was getting sort of weird.  I just knew I'd outlast you.

Look, can I be honest?  I only went so hardcore this time around because you puffed out your chest about how you could take or leave me, which... I knew had no chance of being accurate.  So I sort of wanted to draw it out and really drive home that was just never going to happen.

I see your point about post frequency, and it has merit.  But I'd also add...why, if we are going to be talking more than most, why you insist on remaining so guarded.  Showing no levity with me whatsoever and being so adversarial.

I joke around.  You don't joke around.  Your affinity for exclamation points does not automatically make you a take it light joker type of fella.

Would it kill you to lighten up?

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #129 on: November 24, 2015, 08:13:09 PM »

Respectful to who?

Like I said, it's not one or two posts.... It's not something I realized today. It's been going on for quite some time.

And you know, maybe it'd be better if it wasn't the same day in and day out and if the person in question was able to be a bit more open to the fact that he's not always right... But it's not gonna happen any time soon. Until then, it's just a lot of words about stuff that don't mean anything. Say one thing, act the opposite.

It's all right there. 

Yes/No?

/jarmo

Well... half a day off the board to get a few things done and i miss all the action.  Cheesy

To be fair, i tried this on my 3rd or 4th post once i joined this site, to try and "keep it light" and meet half way.. .but all i got was abuse after abuse from Emily.  Shocked  Wink

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #130 on: November 24, 2015, 08:15:52 PM »

If I were GNR I wouldn't want my fan base to be satisfied. There is a saying in show business "Always leave the public wanting more." It applies. I would be more worried if my fan base was happy with the status quo. That's how bands become nostalgia acts when fans are content with just going to see their favorite band play the hits. After everything that's gone on over the last 20 something years they should be honored that they have a fan base as rabid as they have. Fans who come on these sites who want to hear new material. Who want news. All of that should be seen as a plus for them.

While very thankful for all the great shows I've attended and all the great music I own, I'm anxious and looking forward for the next touring cycle and the next release as well.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #131 on: November 24, 2015, 08:18:11 PM »

Why would you post that here? Not cool at all. no Troll move.

You aren't very good at sussing out people's emotions via the internet, keep your day job- I'm Zen.

Nobody gets "violent" here, that is laughable that you think so

Only one lost in the game is you  Kiss

Oh, but you can stalk me from one thread to the other and that is ok ?

So I was right.  Grin

Honestly I don't know how old you are or how long you have been a fan, but I don't see a great deal you have "been right" about at all.  no

Haha you are a funny troll  hihi

Answering somebody's posts on a message board and participating in discussions isn't "stalking" them.

Paranoid much?

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #132 on: November 24, 2015, 08:24:33 PM »

You continually come in here and complain, criticize and try to paint all things GNR in the darkest most dire colors, and you post opinion as fact and fantasy as truth.

If I'm so wrong and clueless, why do you put stock in anything I say?  That gripe never made any sense to me.

Why not just label me misguided and move on?  Its what I do with most of your stuff.  I don't stomp my feet and shout from the heavens that you sound ridiculous.  People can read.  They know you sound ridiculous.  They don't need me holding up a big fucking sign like the crazy homeless guy on the corner.

It seems like you disregard anything I say on merit, but then pretend its real just to rail against it.

Isn't that the very definition of "straw man".  You're the board dictionary buff, help me out here.

It is merely your opinion that I sound ridiculous, wear a tinfoil hat, belong to a cult blah blah blah.

You are very mistaken and yes, misguided and delusional about some of the things you post- so No, I'm not going to ignore an obvious and blatant mistruth that you vomit up with astounding regularity.

Capice?

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #133 on: November 24, 2015, 08:29:18 PM »

Respectful to who?

It's all right there. 

Yes/No?

/jarmo

Well... half a day off the board to get a few things done and i miss all the action.  Cheesy

To be fair, i tried this on my 3rd or 4th post once i joined this site, to try and "keep it light" and meet half way.. .but all i got was abuse after abuse from Emily.  Shocked  Wink

Poor you  crying

A quick gander at post history shows you were the instigator in any "abuse" you received. You made several personal attacks and were responded to accordingly.

I don't see eye to eye with DgenX much at all, but we manage to debate, even heatedly debate without resorting to some of the comments you made.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 08:34:15 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #134 on: November 24, 2015, 08:31:59 PM »

Respectful to who?

It's all right there. 

Yes/No?

/jarmo

Poor you  crying

A quick gander at post history shows you were the instigator in any "abuse" you received. You made several personal attacks and were responded to accordingly.

Your Reputation for flying off the handle and not controlling yourself proceeds you.

Mine does not.

A great example of that, is the fact you are currently arguing with 3 people in the same thread.   Kiss
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #135 on: November 24, 2015, 08:33:53 PM »

You are very mistaken and yes, misguided and delusional about some of the things you post- so No, I'm not going to ignore an obvious and blatant mistruth that you vomit up with astounding regularity.

But its just a difference of opinion.

I think nothing is happening with a new album.  You think things are happening.  Who's right?  Who knows?

But which of us are claiming either as fact?  Neither of us.  Just differing opinions.

Why the need to pretend I claiming mine as fact?  Where is that happening in this set-up?  The only one intimating it, is you.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #136 on: November 24, 2015, 08:36:25 PM »

Respectful to who?

It's all right there. 

Yes/No?

/jarmo

Poor you  crying

Your Reputation for flying off the handle and not controlling yourself proceeds you.

Mine does not.

A great example of that, is the fact you are currently arguing with 3 people in the same thread.   Kiss

Haha, a majority doesn't make for right nor truth.

Again, you lot are not talented at discerning emotions on the internet, it isn't your forte'  hihi

I'm not arguing, I'm discussing  Kiss
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 08:41:39 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #137 on: November 24, 2015, 08:39:52 PM »

But its just a difference of opinion.

I think nothing is happening with a new album.  You think things are happening.  Who's right?  Who knows?

But which of us are claiming either as fact?  Neither of us.  Just differing opinions.

Why the need to pretend I claiming mine as fact?  Where is that happening in this set-up?  The only one intimating it, is you.

In my opinion (there's that pesky word) you often post inaccuracies as truth, and sometimes invent situations and conversations that never happened.

Definitely different opinions, and I still think you should write a novel and use that imaginative quality in the right direction.

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #138 on: November 24, 2015, 08:52:06 PM »

Respectful to who?

It's all right there. 

Yes/No?

/jarmo

Poor you  crying

Mine does not.

Haha, a majority doesn't make for right nor truth.

Again, you lot are not talented at discerning emotions on the internet, it isn't your forte'  hihi

I'm not arguing, I'm discussing  Kiss

Umm.. No. I have tried in the past to lighten up your hostility on here by keeping my side of things light hearted. I have not seen a response from you that indicates you are able to do the same.

Anyhoo, im gonna move off this for the sake of the thread ... Ill answer the OP's question and hopefully it doesnt cause a huge fight Wink.

For me personally.... Am i satisfied with what Guns have produced so far? Up until TSI... yes... what they delivered was brilliant. And i listen to those albums more then any other music, i can honestly say i enjoy pretty much every song on AFD, UYI and TSI. CD did nothing for me, thats just my opinion.

If Guns were to never get back together, and Axl never performed again... id be sad because i dont think he would have fulfilled his potential completely. If he shares a stage with some of the classic line up especially Slash.....and comes back fit.. and looking mean and not sloppy on vocals... and does another tour and then calls it quits, then for me personally... it would be a great closure. I would love to see a couple more official releases too if this happens. I know some will disagree... but the fans probably deserve an official release if this reunion happens.. it doesnt have to be an album of new material.... hell.. id settle for a DVD of their come back show and that would do me.

I dont ask for much  Cheesy Wink

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #139 on: November 24, 2015, 08:53:19 PM »

In my opinion (there's that pesky word) you often post inaccuracies as truth, and sometimes invent situations and conversations that never happened.

I absolutely use hypothetical conversations to make a larger point.  No question about it.

Number of times any of them have been prefaced with any variation of : This is 100% what happened.  Write it down, write it in ink, chisel it in stone, though?

Zero.  Zero times.

What you are saying, and have been saying, is simply inaccurate.  You are describing events that have never occurred.

What's the fear here, Emily?  Someone here might agree with me?  Is that why asking the questions is so dangerous and must be stopped?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: