Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 04:11:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Nikki Sixx Confirms Guns N? Roses Reunion
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nikki Sixx Confirms Guns N? Roses Reunion  (Read 16552 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2015, 01:52:48 PM »

That's the "speculation = logic" formula again.  DJ Ashba knows one thing: he isn't in Guns N Roses anymore.  Whatever was or wasn't happening to make him leave doesn't logically translate into "there WILL be a reunion!".

I assume he left because he was at least 2 albums away from having something he did appear on a GNR record.

And the GNR record that was to come in between now and then is nowhere close to being ready either.

If your choices where to hop on something happening right now...or give a notoriously unmotivated man close to 10 years to maybe get you on one of his albums in a meaningful way, which way would you go?

Can't fault the man, from where I sit.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2015, 01:54:39 PM »

I concur, but that still doesn't mean a reunion is logical on that basis.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2015, 01:59:55 PM »

The question in my head is still: Why couldn't Dj do both GNR and Sixx AM?

It had worked up until now. Guns hasn't made any official plans for the future, so it's hard to say that it wouldn't have worked out in the future. For a guy that seems very interested in getting publicity every chance given, it seems like a rather strange move to walk away from one of the most famous music brands of all time.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2015, 02:15:59 PM »

Probably because GNR was too emotionally draining for him.  There's nothing worse than putting your life on hold waiting for someone else, to have your entire life controlled by an external source.  There are more important things in life than remaining affiliated with a "famous music brand".

To me, the most telling statement that DJ made when he quit GNR was that he wanted to spend more time with his wife and family.  That says a lot about what GNR was taking out of him emotionally and psychologically.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2015, 02:20:59 PM »

Probably because GNR was too emotionally draining for him.  There's nothing worse than putting your life on hold waiting for someone else, to have your entire life controlled by an external source.  There are more important things in life than remaining affiliated with a "famous music brand".

To me, the most telling statement that DJ made when he quit GNR was that he wanted to spend more time with his wife and family.  That says a lot about what GNR was taking out of him emotionally and psychologically.

Does that mean he knew the plan was for continued extensive touring in the near future? A year went by since the last tour before he decided to quit GNR. I guess some new info about the future of Guns must have surfaced during that time period for him to decide to quit.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Annie
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2015, 02:24:01 PM »

Does that mean he knew the plan was for continued extensive touring in the near future? A year went by since the last tour before he decided to quit GNR. I guess some new info about the future of Guns must have surfaced during that time period for him to decide to quit.

I really don't think that was the case. But I do think he is trying to say he paved the way for a reunion by his departure to once again get some attention for himself. Just my .02.
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2015, 02:40:53 PM »

It doesn't mean that he knew anything.

And maybe the "new info" was really the same old info that was really sinking in finally: GNR wasn't taking him anywhere.  It wasn't providing a fulfilling life for him.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2015, 03:41:25 PM »

I really don't think that was the case. But I do think he is trying to say he paved the way for a reunion by his departure to once again get some attention for himself. Just my .02.

I agree with that too.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2015, 03:45:32 PM »

And maybe the "new info" was really the same old info that was really sinking in finally: GNR wasn't taking him anywhere.  It wasn't providing a fulfilling life for him.

I agree.

Playing 25 year old songs you had nothing to do with isn't exactly a dream set-up.  But could be a means to an end, if that payoff was you eventually having your own stuff released under the GNR banner.

But when the man that controls when (if?) that happens can't be bothered to get moving, you lose that chance of a payoff.  And suddenly, plowing through 'Nightrain' for the 150th time starts to lose its luster.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2015, 03:50:31 PM »

Didnt we discuss this whole thing on another thread  Tongue

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2015, 03:52:56 PM »

Hey, the scant reunion issue has flooded this board with really the same thread over and over.
Annie
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2015, 03:53:07 PM »

I agree.

Playing 25 year old songs you had nothing to do with isn't exactly a dream set-up.  But could be a means to an end, if that payoff was you eventually having your own stuff released under the GNR banner.

But when the man that controls when (if?) that happens can't be bothered to get moving, you lose that chance of a payoff.  And suddenly, plowing through 'Nightrain' for the 150th time starts to lose its luster.
I'm not a musician, but I can't imagine playing classic GNR songs to an enthusiastic audience would ever get old. He used to always do those fist bumps from his heart to the audience. SIXX AM has a few good songs, but I don't think they are anywhere near the same caliber as GNR.  Now I could see singing that cheezy Cherry Pie song getting old. hihi
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2015, 03:53:35 PM »

I agree.

He has always stated he is a songwriter, and Sixx Am gave him that possibility, GNR? THey may have recorded something together, but we don't know that, and may never know.  However, I would certainly be impatient or frustrated if I where him,  about not having my input in the band come out fully, if what DJ is about is creating music.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 03:55:22 PM by Wooody » Logged

Annie
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2015, 03:55:38 PM »

I agree.

He has always stated he is a songwriter, and Sixx Am gave him that possibility, GNR? THey may have recorded something together, but we don't know that, and may never know.  However, I would certainly be impatient or frustrated about not having your input in a band come out fully, if what you're about is creating music.

That's a valid point, but if your own music is so great why do you need to keep riding on the coattails of GNR?
Annie
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2015, 03:56:41 PM »

Hey, the scant reunion issue has flooded this board with really the same thread over and over.
That would make Nikki Sixx happy.  hihi
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2015, 03:57:36 PM »

That's a valid point, but if your own music is so great why do you need to keep riding on the coattails of GNR?

He didn't.  That's why he quit!   hihi
Annie
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2015, 03:58:50 PM »

He didn't.  That's why he quit!   hihi
I mean right now by throwing out his opinions on the reunion speculations. hihi
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2015, 04:01:39 PM »

Hard to take Nikki Sixx seriously.... You could say he forced DJ to choose between GnR & Sixx Am. 

People see clues everywhere.
But in this case, not so much.
Nikki's main band is ending so he'll have more time for his other projects. Is it possible that he told the rest of his band that he'd like if they made the band their main focus? Yes, why not? Did it happen? Don't know.

/jarmo

I just find it funny, you can find interviews where DJ says " he's in GnR for the long run", "sixx Am will not be touring".  Then the opposite happens.  I understand where things change over time, but I can't help to think GnR was caught off guard by his decision.  That's where I think Nikki comes into play. 

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2015, 04:06:41 PM »

It is odd that some view it as DJ changing his mind and him quitting must have been a surprise for the band, but I view it more like something must have happened that made DJ quit, precisely because he always seemed so invested in GNR.

My conspiracy theory: DJ was sacked, and Axl gave him the opportunity to say that he quit so it doesnt look bad on anyone.

Bridge
Legend

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2015, 04:07:59 PM »

I mean right now by throwing out his opinions on the reunion speculations. hihi

I was talking about DJ Ashba.  I thought we all were.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: