Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 12:32:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rumor: GNR reunion may not include all classic members
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rumor: GNR reunion may not include all classic members  (Read 42816 times)
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2015, 09:37:47 PM »

That's the "beauty". These sites can post anything and if it doesn't happen, blame the band.  Tongue

/jarmo

Oh I'm sure some will find a reason to complain regardless of what is announced, in fact I'd bet on that.

Hi Emily.  Cheesy
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2015, 09:41:46 PM »

It's been three months of it building and not one single statement confirming or denying from ANY camp - Axl's, Slash's, Duff's, Izzy's, Steven's, Matt's or Dizzy. Not one real peep out of Richard or Frank, either. If there was absolutely NOTHING to this, I think at least one of the camps would've said something.

My guess is this: Right now, negotiations are in place for some sort of reunion. They're probably not even sure themselves at this point on the details (meaning exactly who would be involved), and it's not something that would happen this year obviously, or next year. I think Axl and Slash are still trying to mend their relationship, and see how it feels. Perhaps part of the delay might be hesitation on one or more of the camps. Maybe they want Izzy, for example, and Izzy is wobbly about it. Maybe they're feeling out if Steven is solid enough for one gig. Maybe Axl and Slash behind the scenes are trying to test whether they still have chemistry in terms of songwriting. Whatever the case is, I do believe negotiations of some sort for some sort of revival of the old band in some form (be it Axl/Slash/Izzy/Duff/Steven or the UYI lineup or Axl/Slash/Fortus/Duff/Frank/Dizzy/Chris) are taking place, very tentatively and very touch-and-go, which is why we've not heard a peep. It could be sealed, and concrete tomorrow, or totally fall apart tomorrow, but until things are sure either way probably we're not going to hear anything.

well we dont really know how far things have gone. slash may have realized by making that statement over summer, regardless of how small the media outlet was, that something like this could have happened. if it has been in the works for a while, that could have been a precalculated part of the plan. for all anyone knows, they had the details ironed out before he said it and the statement was the first step towards building up publicity for an event that was already planned out in private between the band members involved.

maybe they know theyre going to do it but dont say so beacuse they can get a higher bid for a tour if they dont outright say they want to do it. like playing hard to get. not to mention, the buzz is continuing to build up just by them saying nothing. but as i asked before, how long will that last? is their an expiration date on buzz with no follow up announcement?

i dont necessarily think this is whats happening, but its possible.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2015, 09:44:09 PM »

It's been three months of it building and not one single statement confirming or denying from ANY camp - Axl's, Slash's, Duff's, Izzy's, Steven's, Matt's or Dizzy. Not one real peep out of Richard or Frank, either. If there was absolutely NOTHING to this, I think at least one of the camps would've said something.

My guess is this: Right now, negotiations are in place for some sort of reunion. They're probably not even sure themselves at this point on the details (meaning exactly who would be involved), and it's not something that would happen this year obviously, or next year. I think Axl and Slash are still trying to mend their relationship, and see how it feels. Perhaps part of the delay might be hesitation on one or more of the camps. Maybe they want Izzy, for example, and Izzy is wobbly about it. Maybe they're feeling out if Steven is solid enough for one gig. Maybe Axl and Slash behind the scenes are trying to test whether they still have chemistry in terms of songwriting. Whatever the case is, I do believe negotiations of some sort for some sort of revival of the old band in some form (be it Axl/Slash/Izzy/Duff/Steven or the UYI lineup or Axl/Slash/Fortus/Duff/Frank/Dizzy/Chris) are taking place, very tentatively and very touch-and-go, which is why we've not heard a peep. It could be sealed, and concrete tomorrow, or totally fall apart tomorrow, but until things are sure either way probably we're not going to hear anything.

well we dont really know how far things have gone. slash may have realized by making that statement over summer, regardless of how small the media outlet was, that something like this could have happened. if it has been in the works for a while, that could have been a precalculated part of the plan. for all anyone knows, they had the details ironed out before he said it and the statement was the first step towards building up publicity for an event that was already planned out in private between the band members involved.

maybe they know theyre going to do it but dont say so beacuse they can get a higher bid for a tour if they dont outright say they want to do it. like playing hard to get. not to mention, the buzz is continuing to build up just by them saying nothing. but as i asked before, how long will that last? is their an expiration date on buzz with no follow up announcement?

TB & Axl will get a free swing at this until Feb. By then most people would be asking some serious questions of where this is going. IMO.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2015, 09:46:09 PM »

That's the "beauty". These sites can post anything and if it doesn't happen, blame the band.  Tongue

/jarmo

Oh I'm sure some will find a reason to complain regardless of what is announced, in fact I'd bet on that.

Hi Emily.  Cheesy

Deja Vu Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #124 on: November 17, 2015, 09:49:51 PM »

TB & Axl will get a free swing at this until Feb. By then most people would be asking some serious questions of where this is going. IMO.

forum people? or the masses? maybe one group is a little more consequential than the other. but at the same time, i think some of the articles that go around are based off what is going on in the forums, and those articles are likely what the masses go off of. or get off on. however you want to say it.

ps hi emily : )

* for different reasons than oscar, just saying hi

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #125 on: November 17, 2015, 10:10:36 PM »

forum people? or the masses? maybe one group is a little more consequential than the other. but at the same time, i think some of the articles that go around are based off what is going on in the forums, and those articles are likely what the masses go off of. or get off on. however you want to say it.

Oh definitely for the forums man.

The forums are where the crazys and lifers who have supported GNR forever hang out and know the intimate history or at least follow the current situation as best they can.

For example.. a friend of mine posted a link from "god knows where" on fb the other day about the reunion.. and they are like.. where we can get tickets and making statements like "I'm there".

Those types of people probably just get ticketek updates and wouldn't care if it happened this year or next year or whenever because it doesn't matter to them enough to stay in the loop but love the classics or whatever.

For us... i think a statement with some sort of details needs to be forthcoming by the end of the first quarter of next year. Even if its not concrete tour dates or release dates for an album.. but to give us a general idea of what the fuck is going on.

I think that seems reasonable?
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #126 on: November 17, 2015, 10:30:40 PM »

Hi Rudy! Long time No See Smiley

The problem is GNR announced a tentative album release date for Chinese Democracy and got raked over the coals when the tentative date didn't pan out. I guess few, if any knew the actual meaning of tentative.

I don't see a reason to repeat that, so I can understand fully why they are waiting for concrete details to announce.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: November 18, 2015, 12:28:32 AM »

I think it's a little farther along than you think.  I believe DJ left when he knew what was going on.  And that was a while ago.  Slash made his comment a while ago.  Duffs wife (friend?) made her comment....and I doubt she makes that comment without some concrete evidence.  Because I don't think she is even told if it wasn't concrete.  And concrete makes me think it took some time to get to that point.  I actually wouldnt be surprised if they are rehearsing or even working on a song or two at this point.  I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't either...but I think this thing is farther along than not knowing who is going to be involved. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #128 on: November 18, 2015, 12:31:16 AM »

I think it's a little farther along than you think.  I believe DJ left when he knew what was going on.  And that was a while ago.  Slash made his comment a while ago.  Duffs wife (friend?) made her comment....and I doubt she makes that comment without some concrete evidence.  Because I don't think she is even told if it wasn't concrete.  And concrete makes me think it took some time to get to that point.  I actually wouldnt be surprised if they are rehearsing or even working on a song or two at this point.  I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't either...but I think this thing is farther along than not knowing who is going to be involved. 

Can you imagine?

That would be beyond awesome.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #129 on: November 18, 2015, 01:43:29 AM »

I don't think any of them are just going to drop what they're doing because reunion rumors are running rampant, some reunions take a long time to work things out.

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #130 on: November 18, 2015, 02:41:15 AM »

I don't think any of them are just going to drop what they're doing because reunion rumors are running rampant, some reunions take a long time to work things out.

Whose saying they're dropping what their doing because reunion rumors are flying around?  You ever think it might be the opposite?  Reunion rumors are running rampant because they did drop everything else?  I have no idea what's going on, but if the guys are getting along and want to play with each other again, Guns N Roses would not only be Axl's first choice, but Slash and Duffs as well.  Just because they haven't been in the band for years, doesn't mean they forgot what GNR meant to them and how special it was. It's all of those guys first love, best work, what made them successful, and gave them all great memories.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #131 on: November 18, 2015, 07:11:11 AM »

Announcement of concerts will be made november 23

http://blitz.sapo.pt/rumores-de-guns-n-roses-vindos-de-franca-digressao-comeca-em-maio-anuncio-so-depois-de-24-de-novembro=f98565
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #132 on: November 18, 2015, 07:18:48 AM »

They're referencing a French fan site saying that's when they'll announce it because Slashs's tour ends then.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #133 on: November 18, 2015, 07:34:46 AM »

Jarmo ,

I had the pleasure of Meeting him in sao paulo 2010 in a meeting with DJ Ashbba , I would like to know,  if you have any doubt about the latest news about the meeting with Slash and Duff, what is your opinion about this?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 08:53:27 AM by Slashrose » Logged
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #134 on: November 18, 2015, 07:51:52 AM »

Ut dixit Cherry Garcia
It would be interesting to see how long the timeline is for goodwill before people/fans get restless with not hearing anything though.

I dunno - reunion rumours have come and gone so many times in the past, that I think if Axl either remains out of the public view indefinitely and then tours and/ or releases a record with another bunch of dudes you've not heard of, most people will shrug and move on.  The people who've been on board with the last 15 years will mostly still be, the people who haven't, won't.  I accept that the current social media context makes people hungrier for instant and constant updates, but I think the reverse of that is that people will get bored and move on faster as well.  A few tweets of "Oh FFS Axl, give us the real #GNR", then back to binge-watching Netflix. 

Longer-term, I can see it maybe eroding the credibility of the band... but how much credibility do they (he) have outside of the more sympathetic fans like us in any case?

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #135 on: November 18, 2015, 08:41:58 AM »

Hi Rudy! Long time No See Smiley

The problem is GNR announced a tentative album release date for Chinese Democracy and got raked over the coals when the tentative date didn't pan out. I guess few, if any knew the actual meaning of tentative.

I don't see a reason to repeat that, so I can understand fully why they are waiting for concrete details to announce.

Well maybe this time you don't give a tentative update.  You give a definitive, unambiguous response.  The options aren't qualified update or silence.  But maybe they are waiting until everything is concrete.  Or not.  Who knows.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #136 on: November 18, 2015, 08:42:39 AM »

I dunno - reunion rumours have come and gone so many times in the past, that I think if Axl either remains out of the public view indefinitely and then tours and/ or releases a record with another bunch of dudes you've not heard of, most people will shrug and move on.  The people who've been on board with the last 15 years will mostly still be, the people who haven't, won't.  I accept that the current social media context makes people hungrier for instant and constant updates, but I think the reverse of that is that people will get bored and move on faster as well.  A few tweets of "Oh FFS Axl, give us the real #GNR", then back to binge-watching Netflix. 

Longer-term, I can see it maybe eroding the credibility of the band... but how much credibility do they (he) have outside of the more sympathetic fans like us in any case?

Little to none.

I agree that its only us that will be truly disappointed if it doesn't come off.

To the rest of the world, just a bump in the road.  They hadn't paid attention to Axl in 20 years...it appeared they might have reason to again.....nope, didn't pan out.  Same old Axl.  What a lunatic.

That sort of thing.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2015, 09:04:38 AM »

I think where there's smoke there's fire. Someone would've shut down the rumors by now. I agree with one of the posters In saying that I wouldn't be surprised if Slash's statement regarding his relationship was planned. Kind of seems that way now. Plus the fact that no one is confirming or denying it adds to that belief.
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2015, 09:19:58 AM »

The band has the opportunity to set the record straight if they feel the need.

Obviously they don't do that for every little rumor that comes along, but this one has gone global. If there's no truth whatsoever to the reunion stuff, I'm inclined to say they can blame themselves if they receive heat when shooting it down in the future, waiting so long.

The band has the opportunity to set the record straight if they feel the need.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2015, 09:39:04 AM »

if you have any doubt about the latest news about the meeting with Slash and Duff, what is your opinion about this?

You're asking me about a supposed meeting between Axl, Duff and Slash?
I really don't know anything about any meetings. I didn't see any credible information about any meetings, or maybe I just missed it?

Duff seems to be keeping busy (judging by his Tweets) and Slash is currently on tour with his band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: