Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:38:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do you think Axl and Slash have hung out?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you think Axl and Slash have hung out?  (Read 14407 times)
Annie
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2015, 11:50:06 AM »

You have to wonder if Axl is being "protected" from all the reunion madness in the media.  You'd think he would have commented one way or another at this point if he was aware.
Paleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze - that is fucking the single most stupid post ever, protect him from what  Roll Eyes
I have to agree. Axl is a grown ass man. What I can't believe is how all these GNR reunion rumours have just spun out of control. And Now Eddie Trunk is trying to backpedal and say he isn't making any comments when he was one of the main instigators of the initial hype.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2015, 11:54:24 AM »

But when a handy excuse is needed when something goes bad, they have trotted out that Axl was not in the loop and just had no idea.

Now, many people (myself included, full disclosure) have ridiculed that to no end as obvious bullshit. 

But let's face it, there was some pushback when that was questioned.

So...which is it?  He's either not oblivious, or living in the Fortress Of Solitude.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2015, 11:57:06 AM »

Well I just think a lot of people won't give the alternative to a reunion with Slash a very fair shake when it comes out... people will be angry... maybe I am over thinking it, people will say they should have told us and not let us get our hopes up ! That kinda thing.

Of course. That's why they want the update. they assume it would be a confirmation. But what if it's not?
But I still think even if it's not, having something good to report would be better than only bad news...  Obviously for those who are holding onto the reunion idea that won't matter.

Suppose Axl doesn't want to do this, and gets the word out either through his official management or one of his allies.  Something like :

You wrote an update already so you can disagree with it. Cheesy
Amazing.

You have to wonder if Axl is being "protected" from all the reunion madness in the media.  You'd think he would have commented one way or another at this point if he was aware.

You have to wonder what kind of ides you have of him, and those around him, if you come up with this kind of ideas...

So...which is it?  He's either not oblivious, or living in the Fortress Of Solitude.

In your simple world, there's nothing in between.... Just generalizations

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 11:59:49 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2015, 12:00:04 PM »

You have to wonder what kind of ides you have of him, and those around him, if you come up with this kind of ideas...

/jarmo

They've done it before.  Undecided
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2015, 12:01:54 PM »

/jarmo

Who, and what?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2015, 12:04:56 PM »

/jarmo

Who, and what?

/jarmo

During that t-shirt ban nonsense in 2010 with Madison, Beta told her that up to that point they had been protecting Axl from all of the online bullshit and rumors. Right or wrong, she posted a PM, but that's what she (Beta) said. 

Now I have no idea if that's the case this time around, I just think it's weird Axl's had zip to say up to now.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2015, 12:16:08 PM »

- Axl didn't know about an entire European tour that had to be cancelled
- Axl doesn't know what people say about him online
- Axl didn't know about the t-shirt thing, which made him look crazy petty
- Axl didn't know about the last DVD which Rock Fuel said was plagued with delays on their end

Ever find it curious that it's never a success story that was news to Axl?  It's always something that went bad.

Just on balance, and to give things at least an air of plausibility, you think they'd throw in something that came off well that he didn't know about.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2015, 12:16:50 PM »

During that t-shirt ban nonsense in 2010 with Madison, Beta told her that up to that point they had been protecting Axl from all of the online bullshit and rumors. Right or wrong, she posted a PM, but that's what she (Beta) said. 

Now I have no idea if that's the case this time around, I just think it's weird Axl's had zip to say up to now.

Ok....

I'm 100% aware that what I'll say now won't matter to some because they choose to believe what they want. But I'll say it anyway.
The whole protecting thing. You're on tour, you don't necessarily want the focus to be on what some sensationalist media is writing to be the focus.

There's a reason many people who are successful and in the public eye choose to ignore reading things about them. Reviews, articles, fan sites, social media and so on. So if they make a choice not to go look for these things, it must mean they're being protected?

You think it's weird he doesn't say anything? I'm sure he knows anything he'll say, would be twisted in all kinds of ways. So it's better not to say a word.

Regarding posting personal messages, you think there's a question whether it's right or wrong?  nervous

Just on balance, and to give things at least an air of plausibility, you think they'd throw in something that came off well that he didn't know about.

Just because you don't know about it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Smiley
As usual.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 12:25:03 PM by jarmo » Logged

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2015, 12:35:37 PM »

Regarding posting personal messages, you think there's a question whether it's right or wrong?  nervous

/jarmo

I'm not arguing whether it's right or wrong, I certainly wouldn't do it.  You asked for evidence to back up my claim that they "protect" Axl from time to time, and I presented it.

As for your prior comment, Beta used the word "protecting". She may have very well been right in her reasoning to do so, but nevertheless, she did it.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2015, 12:45:08 PM »

I'm not arguing whether it's right or wrong, I certainly wouldn't do it.  You asked for evidence to back up my claim that they "protect" Axl from time to time, and I presented it.

As for your prior comment, Beta used the word "protecting". She may have very well been right in her reasoning to do so, but nevertheless, she did it.

Sure. But the idea seems to be something else. Not that she didn't go and say to Axl "Hey, I know you're busy with these shows but some of the people of the Internet are up in arms about you banning people from venues because of their clothes!".

On that subject. Did you ever notice how, often when he tweets, it's about current (world) issues? How would he know about what's going on in the world? Don't you think news as big as this hypothetical reunion, he'd hear about it? Smiley

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2015, 12:50:23 PM »

Sure. But the idea seems to be something else. Not that she didn't go and say to Axl "Hey, I know you're busy with these shows but some of the people of the Internet are up in arms about you banning people from venues because of their clothes!".

On that subject. Did you ever notice how, often when he tweets, it's about current (world) issues? How would he know about what's going on in the world? Don't you think news as big as this hypothetical reunion, he'd hear about it? Smiley

/jarmo

Oh yeah. Agreed.

Axl knows what's going on... it's been everywhere!

They do try to shield of him things think think will upset him... I think that has been proven over time... but not of this...couldnt even if they wanted to.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2015, 12:54:05 PM »

Sure. But the idea seems to be something else. Not that she didn't go and say to Axl "Hey, I know you're busy with these shows but the idiots of the Internet are up in arms about you banning people from venues because of their clothes!".

/jarmo

If I had to guess, I would say that you're probably right, he does likely know there's some reunion speculation making the rounds right now.  But if it's not actually happening, I don't imagine he'd be particularly thrilled about it, since the next step is, allegedly, another album release.  Letting the reunion fever spread might not be the best way to usher in another album from the Chinese Democracy era, if that is in fact the next step for GNR.  It might seem like a negative announcement, but paired with the intent to release the next album would definitely soften the blow.

On the flip side, if it is happening, I would also imagine that there are about a million details that need to be hammered out before any declaration can be made.  Which would also explain why Slash & Duff haven't said jack up to this point either.

That said, a little clarity on the future of GNR, however vague, wouldn't hurt right now.  If only because releasing the next album and a reunion are pretty much the polar opposites of the other, and it would be smart to keep the fans expectations in check to a degree.  I'm one of the rare birds that would be just as excited for the announcement of either of those options...But I'm a minority.  Most either just want the next album or a reunion tour, with most leaning towards the latter, and that camp seems to be growing larger by the day.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 01:05:27 PM by sofine11 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2015, 12:54:30 PM »

Maybe he doesn't know because he's been so busy in the studio.  Holed up, if you will.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2015, 01:48:20 PM »

That said, a little clarity on the future of GNR, however vague, wouldn't hurt right now.  If only because releasing the next album and a reunion are pretty much the polar opposites of the other, and it would be smart to keep the fans expectations in check to a degree.  I'm one of the rare birds that would be just as excited for the announcement of either of those options...But I'm a minority.  Most either just want the next album or a reunion tour, with most leaning towards the latter, and that camp seems to be growing larger by the day.

Well, clarity might be nice but until it's 100% certain, set in stone, and so on..... Well, you know.... Smiley

Whatever happens, I'm sure it'll be interesting.
Can't please everybody.

/jarmo

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2015, 02:03:42 PM »

You're on tour, you don't necessarily want the focus to be on what some sensationalist media is writing to be the focus.

There's a reason many people who are successful and in the public eye choose to ignore reading things about them. Reviews, articles, fan sites, social media and so on.

Yeah, it's funny people are thinking that Axl (or Slash or Duff) is "avoiding" these things.  They probably conditioned themselves YEARS ago to avoid this kind of talk.  This time around is no different than the billion other reunion requests being made over the years.  Every single time Axl Rose steps out of the house, someone is probably asking him about a reunion.  Why do people assume the reunion rumors are any more plausible now?  If Axl were aware of all of this, he'd probably just roll his eyes and think, "jeez, didn't I fucking address this years ago?!"

You think it's weird he doesn't say anything? I'm sure he knows anything he'll say, would be twisted in all kinds of ways. So it's better not to say a word.

Yeah, the way things are right now, I'd have to wonder, if Axl said "FUCK NO", would even that stop the reunion rumors?  People would probably keep saying he was holding out for the right time to reveal the news...

Annie
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2015, 02:07:21 PM »

You're on tour, you don't necessarily want the focus to be on what some sensationalist media is writing to be the focus.

There's a reason many people who are successful and in the public eye choose to ignore reading things about them. Reviews, articles, fan sites, social media and so on.

Yeah, it's funny people are thinking that Axl (or Slash or Duff) is "avoiding" these things.  They probably conditioned themselves YEARS ago to avoid this kind of talk.  This time around is no different than the billion other reunion requests being made over the years.  Every single time Axl Rose steps out of the house, someone is probably asking him about a reunion.  Why do people assume the reunion rumors are any more plausible now?  If Axl were aware of all of this, he'd probably just roll his eyes and think, "jeez, didn't I fucking address this years ago?!"

Yeah, the way things are right now, I'd have to wonder, if Axl said "FUCK NO", would even that stop the reunion rumors?  People would probably keep saying he was holding out for the right time to reveal the news...

Very profound posts, especially the Fuck No comment. hihi
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2015, 02:11:43 PM »

In this case Axl would have to provide the plan ahead in addition to just deny the rumors. Then the reunion talk would probably die out..

It could be the reason why there haven't been any comments yet. There's no alternate plan at the moment..

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2015, 02:21:43 PM »

Axl would have to just deny the rumors. Then the reunion talk would probably die out..

Until next year anyway.   Tongue
Annie
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2015, 02:25:13 PM »

Axl would have to just deny the rumors. Then the reunion talk would probably die out..

Until next year anyway.   Tongue
Ha ha. true that. Double true.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2015, 03:42:07 PM »

Well, clarity might be nice but until it's 100% certain, set in stone, and so on..... Well, you know.... Smiley

Whatever happens, I'm sure it'll be interesting.
Can't please everybody.

/jarmo

Oh for sure, and God knows we'll all stay tuned until we hear something real.  As cool as a reunion tour would be, it would be a bloody shame if the followup album was put even further into limbo because of it.  And I'm someone who would get as close to front row center as possible if it happens.  I just want to hear the rest of the tracks Axl wrote and recorded too.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: