Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:29:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do you think Axl and Slash have hung out?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you think Axl and Slash have hung out?  (Read 14381 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2015, 10:29:37 AM »

Back to the original question - Yes & I think they are exchanging musical ideas already
Yup.
Didn't we read a few months ago that Duff and Izzy were laying down some basic tracks together?

You mean the songs that were for the tracks that they put together to go with Duff's book?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2015, 12:30:19 PM »

were there any comments about the '96 recordings?
Did any of those songs evolve to one of the CD songs, or were they all scrapped?
same goes for the "down by the ocean" and other stuff Axl was said to do with Izzy.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2015, 04:33:26 PM »

It seems pretty reasonable to say at this point that they're on speaking if not friendly terms given all we've heard.

All we've heard? One small quote from Slash is all we've heard...So much has been made out of it, pretty interesting....
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2015, 04:20:25 PM »

I read one article that said they may have been speaking through managers and lawyers. I dont like the sound of that. Hopefully they have already hung out together, alone and just let it all flow out. No need for managers and lawyers to be involved other than to carry out the game plan that Axl, Slash and Duff put together.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2015, 05:09:11 PM »

Not really.  This strikes me more as a business arrangement.

Which is what all bands become after awhile.  Mick & Keith, Steven & Joe, David & Eddie...they aren't closing down the bar each night anymore.

But I'd still wager their fans have had a better time of it lately than we have.  I'm sure they got over the fact they aren't blood brothers anymore.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2015, 05:51:46 PM »

But I'd still wager their fans have had a better time of it lately than we have. 

I'm sorry that you and your imaginary celebrity girlfriend haven't had a swell time lately.
It's unfortunate that you have to try to project your unhappiness on other fans without actually asking if they share your constant unhappiness...  Sad

Oh, the Pity Party(tm)....

I read one article that said they may have been speaking through managers and lawyers.

All the articles I've read so far are all about people guessing.
Everybody's looking for clues and trying to get the scoop.

That particular assumption is easy to come to.

Bottom line is, we know very little of what, or if it, has happened.

Edited to add: A lot of the news articles are just rewritten pieces about what some other site assume/guessed/speculated. On top of that, you got all these other sites who try to get in on the action by doing all kinds of GN'R related articles... More and more articles, but we pretty much know as much as we did a few months ago...

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 06:04:39 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2015, 06:03:59 PM »

I read one article that said they may have been speaking through managers and lawyers.

All the articles I've read so far are all about people guessing.
Everybody's looking for clues and trying to get the scoop.

That particular assumption is easy to come to.

Bottom line is, we know very little of what, or if it, has happened.

Edited to add: A lot of the news articles are just rewritten pieces about what some other site assume/guessed/speculated. On top of that, you got all these other sites who try to get in on the action by doing all kinds of GN'R related articles... More and more articles, but we pretty much know as much as we did a few months ago...

/jarmo

Good point. I'm sure everything will come out if/when they make an announcement.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 06:05:57 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2015, 06:19:57 PM »

To answer the question of the OP..

who knows... id say probably interaction via email or phone, maybe even only through lawyers or Duff...

but that's a guess. (obviously).

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2015, 06:21:56 PM »

To answer the question of the OP..

who knows... id say probably interaction via email or phone, maybe even only through lawyers or Duff...

but that's a guess. (obviously).

Duff as middleman absolutely makes sense to me.

If there is anything to this, I have to think that's how it started.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2015, 09:47:48 AM »

Good point. I'm sure everything will come out if/when they make an announcement.

Yeah.

I can understand fans wanting them to confirm (I'm assuming this is what they're hoping) or deny these rumors, but unless they actually have something concrete at this point, it makes little sense to do so.

Like "no, we're not doing that" would bum out a lot of people. But if you said something like "no, those rumors are false but we got this planned instead" would be less worse.
Also, if they'd confirm something like "yes, things are better nowadays, but we got no plans", that would just add fuel to the fire... Like in Dumb & Dumber.... "So you're telling me there's a chance?" hihi

So things aren't always as black and white as they seem.
But that's just me....

/jarmo

Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2015, 10:31:45 AM »

Yeah.

I can understand fans wanting them to confirm (I'm assuming this is what they're hoping) or deny these rumors, but unless they actually have something concrete at this point, it makes little sense to do so.

Like "no, we're not doing that" would bum out a lot of people. But if you said something like "no, those rumors are false but we got this planned instead" would be less worse.
Also, if they'd confirm something like "yes, things are better nowadays, but we got no plans", that would just add fuel to the fire... Like in Dumb & Dumber.... "So you're telling me there's a chance?" hihi

But that's just me....

/jarmo

Jarmo's right. People need to take into consideration things like contract negotiations. That alone can get ugly considering that as far as I know they all (Axl, Slash and Duff) have different representation.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2015, 11:08:50 AM »

Yeah.

But that's just me....

/jarmo

They are in a no win situation at the moment... If this is a possibility, until things are completely confirmed, they can't broach the subject publically.

However if the answer from Axl's side of the coin is still "not in this lifetime". Then I think it's in his "camp's" best interest to put a stop to it.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2015, 11:19:29 AM »

However if the answer from Axl's side of the coin is still "not in this lifetime". Then I think it's in his "camp's" best interest to put a stop to it.

Like I said, even if that's the answer, then delivering only bad news isn't a good idea....
Which was one of the points....

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2015, 11:21:44 AM »

Like I said, even if that's the answer, then delivering only bad news isn't a good idea....
Which was one of the points....

/jarmo

Well I just think a lot of people won't give the alternative to a reunion with Slash a very fair shake when it comes out... people will be angry... maybe I am over thinking it, people will say they should have told us and not let us get our hopes up ! That kinda thing.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2015, 11:23:13 AM »

They are doing him a grave, grave disservice if that's the case.  If they know he'll never do this, but they keep mum.

If you are going to deliver bad news, best to just come out with it already.  Letting it fester only makes things worse when you have to crush hopes, officially.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2015, 11:24:02 AM »

Well I just think a lot of people won't give the alternative to a reunion with Slash a very fair shake when it comes out... people will be angry... maybe I am over thinking it, people will say they should have told us and not let us get our hopes up ! That kinda thing.

Of course they will.  And they will be right.

Another black mark for TB too, but its obvious they give no fucks about such things.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2015, 11:37:48 AM »

Think down the road a few steps, if this does all fall apart.

Suppose Axl doesn't want to do this, and gets the word out either through his official management or one of his allies.  Something like :

Axl has said time and again that chapter in his life is closed.  Its fun catching up with one of the alumni when schedules permit, but he has no interest in moving backwards.  His focus remains on completing the vision he started back in 2000 and seeing that through.  He is committed to releasing his already recorded new material and getting back on tour.

Now, who in their right god damn mind is going to buy that steaming pile?  Not the bit about him not being interested in any reunion effort.  That, people could probably see.  But I'm asking who puts any serious stock in such feel goodery about how he's supposedly moving forward with his "vision".

I don't see anyone buying that line that was already not the type of person that could find him standing over a bullet ridden body with a smoking gun and assuring people we don't have "the facts".

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2015, 11:43:05 AM »

You have to wonder if Axl is being "protected" from all the reunion madness in the media.  You'd think he would have commented one way or another at this point if he was aware.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2015, 11:45:55 AM »

You have to wonder if Axl is being "protected" from all the reunion madness in the media.  You'd think he would have commented one way or another at this point if he was aware.

Which would be super healthy.

But even if that were true, his management is not blind.  So they would have to bear the brunt of that too.  They would have chosen to keep him out of the loop, and let a bunch of bad feelings build up against him.

The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2015, 11:46:27 AM »

Paleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze - that is fucking the single most stupid post ever, protect him from what  Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: