Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:26:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Reunion Poll - Will it Happen
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reunion Poll - Will it Happen  (Read 13718 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2015, 01:16:28 PM »

not in this lifetime Tongue

This Is Official

ok

Happy 4.000 Post HBK

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2015, 01:28:13 PM »

In my opinion, the reunion is 100% happening. When there is smoke; there is fire! I can't wait!!!!
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2015, 01:31:14 PM »

If it happens, its the best news in over 20 years.

Now, before panties get bunched, that is not the same as saying nothing good has happened in 20 plus years.

But anything in the past 20 years that would be *better* than this?  Nah, I don't see it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2015, 01:36:29 PM »

sure oh sure  ok
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2015, 01:39:05 PM »

Look how many people are reading this board right now.

And its the same at all the other ones, traffic spikes abound.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2015, 01:47:44 PM »

I doubt it will happen for reasons I have already articulated on this site.
Issue number 1 is control and how to decide who will have it. Whoever doesn't have it won't be happy.
Issue number 2 is that Slash has a great thing going with HIS band and I doubt he will give it up.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2015, 01:54:23 PM »

Issue number 2 is that Slash has a great thing going with HIS band and I doubt he will give it up.

Its not like he has to disband them and kick them out of his life.

Sting finally relented a did a Police reunion tour.  When it was over, he went back to being a solo artist.

AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2015, 03:23:43 PM »

Why are we voting on something we have no idea about. The last thing Axl said that we know was 100% about a reunion was negative. Id be fine with seeing it. I love axls voice regardless of who's playing the same beat. 

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2015, 03:29:08 PM »

Why are we voting on something we have no idea about. The last thing Axl said that we know was 100% about a reunion was negative. Id be fine with seeing it. I love axls voice regardless of who's playing the same beat. 

Lately though?

I think one of the true under the radar benefits of a potential reunion tour is that I think it increases the chances Axl gets back in good shape and good voice.

Past few tours had a real going through the motions vibe to me.  I have to think that since a reunion is going to draw a shit ton more eyeballs on him, we can expect a more dedicated Axl Rose.

I hope, anyway.  We'll see.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2015, 03:30:33 PM »

A reunion of what?   Tongue

And please don't say "Guns N Roses", because my next question will be "what does that mean?"

A more legit version of Guns N' Roses, let's say.

Think of it like drugs.  Past however many years, we've been getting by with really diluted, stepped on shit.  This would be a product of higher purity.

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2015, 03:31:30 PM »

Meaning what?   hihi  And who is this "Let's" that is saying?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2015, 03:36:26 PM »

Meaning what?   hihi  And who is this "Let's" that is saying?

Just a general conversational term.

Look, if you (or anyone) is one of those guys that is just going to stomp their feet unless its the 5 guys from AFD, well, I don't know what to tell you if that's not what it winds up being.  We can't control that.

I'm about improving our situation.  If your ideal is the 5 guys from AFD, I would think the opposite end of the spectrum would be another incarnation of Axl and a bunch of dudes, right?

But the perfect is not the enemy of the good.  Even if you can't get 100% AFD personnel, 60% (or 80% if Izzy is onboard) is damn sure better than the 20% version we've been making due with, no?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2015, 03:38:20 PM »

You forgot that the other end of the spectrum is what we've had this year.

No setlists to whine about! Hooray!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2015, 03:39:49 PM »

You forgot that the other end of the spectrum is what we've had this year.

No setlists to whine about! Hooray!

/jarmo

LOL
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2015, 03:42:18 PM »

Look, if you (or anyone) is one of those guys that is just going to stomp their feet unless its the 5 guys from AFD, well, I don't know what to tell you if that's not what it winds up being.  We can't control that.

You're overthinking what I said.  I just meant that Guns N Roses means about 20 different things to different people in terms of a reunion.  A large number of people think bringing Buckethead and Finck back would be an optimum reunion.... yet the question of this thread lumps all those different answers into the word "reunion".

And believe me, I'd count on my childhood hero Ultimate Warrior returning to life before we'll ever see the Appetite lineup back onstage together.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2015, 03:43:45 PM »

Well, what the hell else are we supposed to vote about?  It?s about fans giving their opinion on something that?s relevant?kind of the point about a fan forum, no?  Otherwise, what do you do, only discuss things that have happened?  Ok, do you think Guns n Roses will do another Vegas residency in 2014?  My answer:  Yes.
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2015, 03:44:14 PM »

If it happens, its the best news in over 20 years.

Now, before panties get bunched, that is not the same as saying nothing good has happened in 20 plus years.

But anything in the past 20 years that would be *better* than this?  Nah, I don't see it.

I think Chinese Democracy's release is more important than a short-term reunion that produces no new music. Which is not to say that a reunion wouldn't be important or fun.
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2015, 03:46:00 PM »

Well, what the hell else are we supposed to vote about?  It?s about fans giving their opinion on something that?s relevant?

I'd say a reunion is relevant only in the imaginations of the "yes" crowd on this thread...

But you're right though, we'd otherwise be voting on what to vote about.   hihi
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2015, 03:57:57 PM »

You're overthinking what I said.  I just meant that Guns N Roses means about 20 different things to different people in terms of a reunion.  A large number of people think bringing Buckethead and Finck back would be an optimum reunion.... yet the question of this thread lumps all those different answers into the word "reunion".

Come on now.  "A large number" feel Bucket and Robin is the optimum reunion?

If Axl was going to try and actually finish what he started with this relaunch, OK, I could see that. 

But forgetting the fact that the raw number of people that would be all about Axl & Slash patching it up would DWARF a Bucket/Robin reconciliation...people weren't even all that sold on Buckethead.  There are people that still hate him.

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2015, 04:09:25 PM »

Reunions suck.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22