Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:35:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Reunion Poll - Will it Happen
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reunion Poll - Will it Happen  (Read 13696 times)
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2015, 07:55:52 PM »

So did you guys think a reunion was happening when bucket or Robin left? I recall there were rumors on 2007, although Robin wasn't out until 2008.

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2015, 08:21:55 PM »

So did you guys think a reunion was happening when bucket or Robin left? I recall there were rumors on 2007, although Robin wasn't out until 2008.

No.  Because he still clearly hated Slash as far as any of us knew. 

Hell, when Bucket left, we all still assumed he hated them all.  Wasn't exactly full of valentines in onstage speeches at RIRIII or on that 2002 tour.

By the time Robin left, we had enough basis to actually think an album was coming out.  And sticking someone else in his slot was more plausible than some reunion.

Fast forward to today.  He has mass defections of his most recent line-up.  No tangible progress on this alleged next album.

And enough circumstantial signs to legitmately ask the reunion question for the first time, probably ever. 

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2015, 08:30:33 PM »

I vote NO.

I want it to happen. really freakin bad. my head will explode if it does.

I hoped for a reunion for 10 years and then I finally made peace with the idea that it would never happen. and that's been my assumption for the last 7-8 years or so. with nothing official and speculation only, it's tough for me to go back to believing it's possible. It's just really hard for me to envision a reunion based on all of Axl's comments over the years, as well as the issues they all had with each other (some of which were fairly major issues).    

I agree with all of this.

But the alternative is...what?  Axl doesn't have an album, a plan, or even a band right now.

All of your points are valid.  But in a incredible turn of events, a reunion tour is actually the more plausible scenario than Axl suddenly getting his shit together with some next album or next line-up.
How do you know he doesn't have a plan? Many members have confirmed there is songs and albums ready... How does two members gone make it no band?!?!?!?!?!?!

-HugeAxlfan
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2015, 08:36:25 PM »

How does two members gone make it no band?!?!?!?!?!?!

If there was a gig tomorrow, next week, next month...who shows up?

You can tell me "they" are on a break (whoever the hell "they" is right about now) but whenever this break is over, who is ready to take a stage again?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2015, 08:37:28 PM »

How do you know he doesn't have a plan? Many members have confirmed there is songs and albums ready

And how's all that coming along?

AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2015, 08:42:14 PM »

How does two members gone make it no band?!?!?!?!?!?!

If there was a gig tomorrow, next week, next month...who shows up?

You can tell me "they" are on a break (whoever the hell "they" is right about now) but whenever this break is over, who is ready to take a stage again?
I never said they could be able to play right now, although they possible could assuming they had two new guitar players, but just like a reunion. We can't assume that, it hasn't been confirmed. But that doesn't mean there isn't a current band called guns n roses...

-HugeAxlfan
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2015, 08:43:34 PM »

How do you know he doesn't have a plan? Many members have confirmed there is songs and albums ready

And how's all that coming along?
According to dizzy and Richard, pretty damn well and is aiming for 2016. Although, their break has only been going on for a year, and the fact they said next year will be a big year, I'm sure their plan is going well.

-HugeAxlfan
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2015, 08:45:41 PM »

I never said they could be able to play right now, although they possible could assuming they had two new guitar players, but just like a reunion. We can't assume that, it hasn't been confirmed. But that doesn't mean there isn't a current band called guns n roses...

If you say so.

Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2015, 08:55:29 PM »

Here is the reason I believe Chris will (or would?) get to stay on.

Eddie Trunk said he heard a rumor that "some members that have been in the band more recently might be involved to fill out the sound".

Even if nothing from Chinese was played, November Rain will 100% be played at every show. And someone needs to play the string pads while axl plays the piano and Dizzy plays the woodwind leads. It's not going to be Teddy Zig Zag.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2015, 09:03:42 PM »

I vote NO.

I hoped for a reunion for 10 years and then I finally made peace with the idea that it would never happen. and that's been my assumption for the last 7-8 years or so. with nothing official and speculation only, it's tough for me to go back to believing it's possible. It's just really hard for me to envision a reunion based on all of Axl's comments over the years, as well as the issues they all had with each other (some of which were fairly major issues).    

But the alternative is...what?  Axl doesn't have an album, a plan, or even a band right now.

All of your points are valid.  But in a incredible turn of events, a reunion tour is actually the more plausible scenario than Axl suddenly getting his shit together with some next album or next line-up.
How do you know he doesn't have a plan? Many members have confirmed there is songs and albums ready... How does two members gone make it no band?!?!?!?!?!?!

Jesus, you still think Tommy is in? 
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2015, 09:08:23 PM »

I vote NO.

Jesus, you still think Tommy is in? 
I'm going by what is official, not whether I think he is out of not.

-HugeAxlfan
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2015, 09:22:33 PM »

With one guitar player and no bassist, unless Axl is going to reimagine GNR as The Doors, I think he's got a problem.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2015, 10:25:38 PM »

Yes, 2016. BRING THIS SHIT ON.
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2015, 10:37:54 PM »

With one guitar player and no bassist, unless Axl is going to reimagine GNR as The Doors, I think he's got a problem.
Richard did a interview recently and when asked about a new guitar player he said he isn't allowed to answer that and laughed. There could possibly be someone. I dont know Tommy though. Gnr doesn't have a problem, a problem is having to replace almost every member in the band. That's not exactly the case.

-HugeAxlfan
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2015, 10:48:26 PM »

When it comes to Tommy... In the past year I was far more certain that Ron was out than I think Tommy is now.

Tommy's statements has in no way been definate one way or the other. Of the remaining line-up he's the most uncertain, I can agree with that.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2015, 10:53:40 PM »

What?

You know what the alternative is. No news for still a long time and, at a point, new music and a potential gig/tour. Meanwhile u wrestle w Jarmo.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2015, 11:09:21 PM »

When it comes to Tommy... In the past year I was far more certain that Ron was out than I think Tommy is now.

Tommy's statements has in no way been definate one way or the other. Of the remaining line-up he's the most uncertain, I can agree with that.

The so called band general...   The man that has been around longer than another other member of the band, minus Axl and Dizzy,

The man that hadn't given a interview in for ever

And when he did give a interview, regarding gnr

He says

He doesn't have a clue and hope he is involved in future projects....

Tommy is as unofficially done as one can be
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2015, 11:35:50 PM »

The so called band general...   The man that has been around longer than another other member of the band, minus Axl and Dizzy,

He says

If a reunion is in the cards, the silence from the GNR camp can be explained.

If Axl intends to continue without anyone from the past, you reckon Tommy is out then as well?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2015, 11:41:10 PM »

He says

If a reunion is in the cards, the silence from the GNR camp can be explained.

If Axl intends to continue without anyone from the past, you reckon Tommy is out then as well?

I think there will be another year of complete silence

I think Duff and Slash will join Axl for a tour.  In probably 2018

I don't see any plans for Tommy....   He is Ashba..   I mean gone

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2015, 12:34:12 AM »

Whatever form GNR takes I will support, I have seen several lineups and have enjoyed them all.  peace

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: