Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:07:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Reunion Tour???
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reunion Tour???  (Read 153881 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #760 on: December 28, 2015, 10:17:40 AM »

I could even see Bumblefoot coming back at some point. But thats about it.

Really?  Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #761 on: December 28, 2015, 10:19:08 AM »

If Axl puts Slash back in a GNR stage I would be VERY dissapointed. Artistically, it would be a major step back.

I dont want this to happen. But the thing is I actually think it won't happen. What's the evidence so far?

It looks like something big is going to happen, yes, but why on earth would we forget these words, which have been said just a few years ago?

"There's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush, and that wouldn't be pretty", "Slash either should not have been in Guns to begin with or should have left after Lies. In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided, and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/axl-rose-calls-slash-a-cancer-in-new-chinese-democracy-interview-20090227#ixzz3vazFZCMc

I dont see how anyone can go from these words to a ''reunion tour'' without scales...
I agree 100%

I can see Duff coming back to replace Tommy if he wants out of the band. I would prefer Tommy but Duff works just as well. I can see Robin coming back, Izzy doing the usual cameos. I could even see Bumblefoot coming back at some point. But thats about it.

Come back to us ....lol

Robin quit this band...twice already! and Bumblefoot?Huh

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #762 on: December 28, 2015, 10:31:01 AM »

If Axl puts Slash back in a GNR stage I would be VERY dissapointed. Artistically, it would be a major step back.

I dont want this to happen. But the thing is I actually think it won't happen. What's the evidence so far?

It looks like something big is going to happen, yes, but why on earth would we forget these words, which have been said just a few years ago?

"There's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush, and that wouldn't be pretty", "Slash either should not have been in Guns to begin with or should have left after Lies. In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided, and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/axl-rose-calls-slash-a-cancer-in-new-chinese-democracy-interview-20090227#ixzz3vazFZCMc

I dont see how anyone can go from these words to a ''reunion tour'' without scales...
I agree 100%

I can see Duff coming back to replace Tommy if he wants out of the band. I would prefer Tommy but Duff works just as well. I can see Robin coming back, Izzy doing the usual cameos. I could even see Bumblefoot coming back at some point. But thats about it.

Come back to us ....lol

Allright, i know nothing, im only speculating.

I dont think Bumble is coming back anytime soon, but in the future, if the time is right for everyone, with better conditions , i think its a possibility. (bumble indicated that he didnt get along really well with some people in the band, if those people were for instance Tommy and Ashba...)

I think that Robin did a lot of stuff for the next album, if there ever is one. For the last 20 years he has been on and off Nine Inch Nails and other projects like GNR, He might be interested, he might not, i dont know.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #763 on: December 28, 2015, 10:31:08 AM »

Its comical to think that having Slash back in the band would be an artistic setback. Axl has always had Slash in mind this whole time in terms of the music. He was willing to include Slash on some CD songs around Rock in Rio 3! Did you forget that?They have/had musical differences but the other "stuff" is what probably drove the bitterness/hatred.

Having Slash and Duff back in the mix will push Axl. Imo, Axl lost his drive somewhere along the way. The 1996-2006ish, ambitious, focused, FU Axl has been long gone. Having the old lineup back in the mix along with Richard should get the creative juices flowing again. Plus the world is now watching. He will be back and in my mind, better than ever.

If you are a true fan and observer of Axl then you really should not be surprised he has become friends again with Slash. Axl is a softee deep down inside. He respects and appreciates the hey day. They had some real issues on a personal level but nothing lasts forever. Time heals all wounds. Once wives, lawyers, managers, handlers are out of the mix then things can get resolved much faster and clearly. Duff getting back into the mix a few yrs back is probably one of the biggest factors in at least getting the ball rolling.

Im happy that Axl and Slash have mended their personal stuff. Why wouldn't anyone else be? These guys broke in together and made rock history. Its great that they are all alive and will be able to get the band back together again. It will more than likely be a massive success. Too much talent and emotion for it not to be.

As much as i would love a 2002 reunion, Robin does not make sense musically with the old lineup. Fortus is the perfect addition to the old band.

As for Bfoot....NO THANKS. Nice guy but should have never been in the band to begin with.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 10:35:15 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #764 on: December 28, 2015, 10:36:16 AM »

It is pretty fuckin' obvious Slash and Duff are coming back.....not so sure about the other 2 spots.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #765 on: December 28, 2015, 10:44:46 AM »

I dont think Bumble is coming back anytime soon, but in the future, if the time is right for everyone, with better conditions , i think its a possibility. (bumble indicated that he didnt get along really well with some people in the band, if those people were for instance Tommy and Ashba...)

Most of the issues he had, and made public, had little to do with those two....
He joined Guns N' Roses, it wasn't the other way around. The rest didn't join him.... I guess that might have been lost somewhere along the ride.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #766 on: December 28, 2015, 10:52:05 AM »

I've been posting here for about 10 years or so, and following the site since right around the time it launched.  This is only my interpretation of what I have seen over that time.  Yes there have been some posters from time to time who were completely against any type of reunion and actually seemed to have a personal hatred for former members just because Axl had a problem with them.  But those type of posters were in the minority.  The majority of the posters who you call "anti-reunion" didn't hate the old band, they had a problem with the fact that while the current incarnation were putting out "Chinese Democracy" and putting on amazing shows on a consistent basis all over the world, some people were doing everything they could to undermine that effort by constantly bringing up reunion talk or the whole "it's not really GNR" nonsense.  To suggest any fan of GNR hates things that happened between 87-93 is a little strange to me.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #767 on: December 28, 2015, 10:52:56 AM »

Mr F are you insane?  Cool
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #768 on: December 28, 2015, 11:05:34 AM »

He joined Guns N' Roses, it wasn't the other way around. The rest didn't join him.... I guess that might have been lost somewhere along the ride.

/jarmo

Maybe i should just shut up, and wait and see what happens.

Interesting the whole buzz around GNR at the moment, and no one has really a clear clue of what is going on.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Princess Leia
« Reply #769 on: December 28, 2015, 11:17:18 AM »

I agree 100%

Come back to us ....lol

I think that Robin did a lot of stuff for the next album, if there ever is one. For the last 20 years he has been on and off Nine Inch Nails and other projects like GNR, He might be interested, he might not, i dont know.

I?m not so sure I understand. If you mean now, well all the clues and rumors indicate there will be a reunion. If you are wondering what?s gonna happen once the reunion tour is over, well very hard to know. Axl could try again with new GN?R but it seems odd. Axl had plenty of time since 1996 to do a lot of things. For different reasons he couldn?t do it, at least he couldn?t do things the way he wanted to. I don?t see why he would want to try again when his original plans didn?t go as he expected them to be.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #770 on: December 28, 2015, 11:34:31 AM »

I agree 100%

Come back to us ....lol

I?m not so sure I understand. If you mean now, well all the clues and rumors indicate there will be a reunion. If you are wondering what?s gonna happen once the reunion tour is over, well very hard to know. Axl could try again with new GN?R but it seems odd. Axl had plenty of time since 1996 to do a lot of things. For different reasons he couldn?t do it, at least he couldn?t do things the way he wanted to. I don?t see why he would want to try again when his original plans didn?t go as he expected them to be.

That is funny, I have attended countless GNR shows since 1996- sure seems like he did something right.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Princess Leia
« Reply #771 on: December 28, 2015, 11:42:00 AM »

I agree 100%

Come back to us ....lol

That is funny, I have attended countless GNR shows since 1996- sure seems like he did something right.

Really? Do you think it was Axl plan that Buckethead, Robin and Brian should leave the band? Do you think it was Axl?s plan to delay the realease of the CD 10 years? Do you think it was Axl?s plan to make just one album with new GN?R?

Roll Eyes

stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #772 on: December 28, 2015, 12:11:52 PM »

I've been posting here for about 10 years or so, and following the site since right around the time it launched.  This is only my interpretation of what I have seen over that time.  Yes there have been some posters from time to time who were completely against any type of reunion and actually seemed to have a personal hatred for former members just because Axl had a problem with them.  But those type of posters were in the minority.  The majority of the posters who you call "anti-reunion" didn't hate the old band, they had a problem with the fact that while the current incarnation were putting out "Chinese Democracy" and putting on amazing shows on a consistent basis all over the world, some people were doing everything they could to undermine that effort by constantly bringing up reunion talk or the whole "it's not really GNR" nonsense.  To suggest any fan of GNR hates things that happened between 87-93 is a little strange to me.

They were some pretty awesome shows weren't they?  Axl puts a lot of energy into them...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #773 on: December 28, 2015, 12:21:10 PM »

Agreed. I'm part of the faction of fans who supported whatever Axl chose to do over the years. Did I agree with all his choices? Not necessarily, but they were not my choices to make. I'm quite certain things didn't happen exactly how he had hoped. He had a lot of pushback through the rebuilding of the brand from all areas that made things much harder than they needed to be. I enjoyed CD immensely and The 3 shows I saw with the various lineups were better each time. I went to Cleveland for the R&RHOF induction, and even though Axl wasn't there, I enjoyed that immensely too. The only time I've seen Slash to date. Hopefully that changes soon. I've supported Slash over the years too. My appreciation for his work post Guns has varied more, but in fairness, there's more material to judge. Chances are I'm not going to like everything an artist puts out there.

I can't wait for whatever's in store for the near future. What a long, strange trip it's been. But we're nearing territory that I thought was extremely unlikely less than a year ago. Buckle up, things are getting interesting!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #774 on: December 28, 2015, 12:33:08 PM »

I agree 100%

Come back to us ....lol

Really? Do you think it was Axl plan that Buckethead, Robin and Brian should leave the band? Do you think it was Axl?s plan to delay the realease of the CD 10 years? Do you think it was Axl?s plan to make just one album with new GN?R?

Roll Eyes

Exactly.  Even Axl has acknowledged that mistakes were made along the way and some things could have been done differently.  That a reunion is likely (still feels weird to type) is proof enough that not everything went swimmingly and according to how he originally envisioned things.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #775 on: December 28, 2015, 12:45:54 PM »

/jarmo

Maybe i should just shut up, and wait and see what happens.

Interesting the whole buzz around GNR at the moment, and no one has really a clear clue of what is going on.

there are quite a few people who know what is going on....their will be a new lineup and some form of tour or shows played... after that, who knows.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #776 on: December 28, 2015, 12:58:12 PM »

People can change their minds...

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #777 on: December 28, 2015, 01:09:29 PM »

Yes; i know that. But what's the evidence so far that Axl has changed his mind?

People is stating as a hard fact that ''they're back in good terms'' and I ask... says who?

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Princess Leia
« Reply #778 on: December 28, 2015, 01:22:49 PM »

People is stating as a hard fact that ''they're back in good terms'' and I ask... says who?

Slash has said they are in good terms. That was the begining of all the rumors
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #779 on: December 28, 2015, 01:35:23 PM »

You can look at the fact that Del James as acknowledged Slash in some tweet's, you have Slash wishing Axl a Happy Bday on Twitter.  The interview where Slash said they're on good terms....  I'm sure with Duff playing some shows, he had a hand in getting them to speak to one another.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: