Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:31:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Reunion Tour???
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reunion Tour???  (Read 154191 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #620 on: December 22, 2015, 02:35:28 PM »

A reunion would be nice to see as long as they are doing it for the right reasons and not just for the $$$$.

But its not like you'd be opposed to it under those circumstances, right?

I have seen some people say that.  Doesn't make much sense to me.

Would I be opposed? Depends on the alternatives. But I definitely would be disappointed if it was strictly done for the $$$.

Not me... Would it be "cool" if they did it for the "love" of music or their renewed friendship... yea sure... but I don;t really care if money is their top motive.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #621 on: December 22, 2015, 02:43:06 PM »

No obviously it's not a hidden message... but it's something that "Guns N Roses" put out there right...

It's at least interesting that they put up a picture with Duff over lets say.... Tommy Stinson.

I suspect they didn't choose it because it was Duff...
I'm sure it was chosen because the fan is in it!

Maybe nobody submitted pics with Tommy...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #622 on: December 22, 2015, 02:44:57 PM »

Anybody have thoughts about Duff Mckagan being featured on the official GNR xmas card?

Where is this official GNR xmas card?
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #623 on: December 22, 2015, 02:46:08 PM »

No obviously it's not a hidden message... but it's something that "Guns N Roses" put out there right...

It's at least interesting that they put up a picture with Duff over lets say.... Tommy Stinson.

I suspect they didn't choose it because it was Duff...
I'm sure it was chosen because the fan is in it!

Maybe nobody submitted pics with Tommy...

/jarmo

Not that this is important ... at all !

But unless I misunderstood what happened...didn't a bunch of people submit GNR related pictures and then they chose which ones to put in? I'm sure there were a handful of pictures that didn't include the former maybe current bassist to troll everybody.  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #624 on: December 22, 2015, 02:55:46 PM »

Sometimes the simplest answer is the correct one.

Not everything is a big elaborate plan to troll anybody.

So, I guess for future, there needs to clear rules what kind of photos of fans are allowed in order to stop the bloggers and others from reading into everything.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #625 on: December 22, 2015, 03:05:41 PM »

Not me... Would it be "cool" if they did it for the "love" of music or their renewed friendship... yea sure... but I don;t really care if money is their top motive.

Yeah, makes no difference to me.

Sure I'd rather its a tour and some new album.  But I'm not so committed to that that I would be against the tour if that's all it was.

Even the tour is a miracle.  I think you look a little greedy is you want a double miracle, accept no substitutes.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #626 on: December 22, 2015, 03:11:42 PM »

Right, which is why my point of view has always been, "Axl said no.  I mean, REALLY said no.  Multiple times.  That's it."

For me, it doesn't extend any further than that, and a frenzy of insipid, unoriginal rumors isn't gonna change my mind.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #627 on: December 22, 2015, 03:25:02 PM »

So you don't see hidden meanings in a fan photo?  hihi

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #628 on: December 22, 2015, 03:27:00 PM »

So, I guess for future, there needs to clear rules what kind of photos of fans are allowed in order to stop the bloggers and others from reading into everything.  hihi

/jarmo

Oh geez....

I thought it was at least noteworthy considering Guns N Roses never tells you who is in their band or not.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #629 on: December 22, 2015, 03:31:27 PM »

Oh geez....

I thought it was at least noteworthy considering Guns N Roses never tells you who is in their band or not.

Well, I think it means something to you because you want it to mean something... I happen to think it wasn't meant to mean anything like what you think it does.
Simple.  hihi

No need for you to get all upset about it.

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #630 on: December 22, 2015, 03:49:53 PM »

Oh geez....

Well, I think it means something to you because you want it to mean something... I happen to think it wasn't meant to mean anything like what you think it does.
Simple.  hihi

No need for you to get all upset about it.

/jarmo

I don't think it MEANS anything  Cheesy

Just worthy of mention on a GNR forum of all places.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #631 on: December 22, 2015, 03:58:38 PM »

Ah, ok.

I thought you meant it was only worth mentioning because you thought it means something in regard to who's in the band. My mistake.

Edited to add: As far as I know, the photo was made of photos submitted by Nightrain fan club members and was meant for the fan club. so maybe the GN'R Facebook wasn't the right place to put it on. Considering the speculation. It also wasn't the first time there's been a photo with Duff posted. So that alone doesn't really make it newsworthy in my opinion.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 04:28:48 AM by jarmo » Logged

Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #632 on: December 22, 2015, 05:30:57 PM »

To be fair, if I was Axl Rose, I would struggle to resist the temptation to troll people with cryptic clues and messages all over the place.  It would be pretty fun...

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #633 on: December 22, 2015, 06:01:35 PM »

To be fair, if I was Axl Rose, I would struggle to resist the temptation to troll people with cryptic clues and messages all over the place.  It would be pretty fun...

The Beatles started having fun with people and throwing in cryptic verses when they found out people were going over their lyrics looking for hidden messages.

It would be very tempting to troll people IMO.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Princess Leia
« Reply #634 on: December 23, 2015, 08:44:34 AM »

But that?s all it is?a 15 second post talking about GnR?then it?s back to work. 

What?s really funny is the people who really are affected by the goings on of this band are on your side.  People (allegedly) with multiple screen names, taking pictures dressed up as the opposite sex to ?show? people they are not the same person, hand-writing (and delivering) letters to Marc Cantor calling him a douche, etc.  Those people are part of your gang.  So yes, you?re right.  It is kind of funny.   hihi

But what you often fail to acknowledge is that, it does have some effect on the people who say it doesn't.

So instead, we get the "if you think it ruined my Christmas" excuse. That's not what was said. Smiley

Regarding all those other people, I don't recall being in a gang and I don't really identify myself with that kind of description.

Anybody have thoughts about Duff Mckagan being featured on the official GNR xmas card?

Yeah, a fan met Duff, they took a picture.
That's probably as far as meanings go regarding that whole issue.

Sorry, don't buy that whole idea that it's somehow a secret confirmation of anything.  hihi

/jarmo

I saw that card. Forget Tommy and everyone else. Duff is the only one you see  rofl  I find that card really lame to say the least. It?s just 5 or 6 pics of fans holding GN?R albums or babies or just nothing but themselves. And a pic of a fan with Duff. It is the only good picture there. At the bottom right corner there is an old (late 80s or early90s) pic of Axl?s face wearing a Santa?s red hat. It?s clearly Photoshop.

So it seems to me that Duff is by far more important than Axl  rofl   Most likely Duff owns tha name now. And Axl is his employee   Shocked

Is that card you?re talking about?  Undecided
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #635 on: December 23, 2015, 09:00:26 AM »

Yeah, you find a card with pictures of fan club members meant for the fan club members lame because it's only pictures of fellow fans.
Ok....  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Princess Leia
« Reply #636 on: December 23, 2015, 09:24:13 AM »

Yeah, you find a card with pictures of fan club members meant for the fan club members lame because it's only pictures of fellow fans.
Ok....  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

It is lame for an official Xmas card. It?s ok only in that Paradise City creepy webpage they have
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #637 on: December 23, 2015, 09:26:05 AM »

Ok....  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

I thought it was fun.  Maybe if I had known what it was for I would have not stupidly submitted a photo of myself on a Civil War battlefield wearing a GN'R sweatshirt...geez

I was wrong about one thing in my last post.  Thought this was the 2nd Christmas card with fan photos from Nightrain.  The last one was actually for Thanksgiving (Oh wow..another fan with Duff?!):

There are still fan photos left..probably not many.  Maybe another one will pop up on New Years!

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #638 on: December 23, 2015, 09:27:39 AM »

Ok....  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

It is lame for an official Xmas card. It?s ok only in that Paradise City creepy webpage they have

Damn...what's good anymore??  Undecided

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #639 on: December 23, 2015, 09:34:09 AM »

I guess you didn't understand the purpose.

It's not official! It's not something GN'R sent out to anybody.

It was made for fan club members, it shows other fan club members.

Relax. Not everything is so serious that you need to be here commenting how lame it is.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: