Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:27:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Reunion Tour???
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reunion Tour???  (Read 154162 times)
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #580 on: December 21, 2015, 01:42:46 PM »

Why is it hard for people to admit that this time around it's different?  It's hard to quantify, but it just feels different this time around.  It could amount to nothing, but there just seems to be so much discussion on this it's hard to see why they wouldn't shoot it down if it weren't true. 

But don't you think that we are putting some of our own hope into that feelings that this is different?

Guys left Axl one after the other.  There is no talk whatsoever about any new album, despite all that SERIOUS looking Axl was going to be doing.

People are left with a feeling of...what the hell is going on here?

But that is all explained away in a second with some sort of reunion.  Oh, so THAT is why all that stuff happened!  That sort of thing.

I think you are going to see some grim times if this reunion thing doesn't pan out, and then people have to go back to wondering if Axl is going to put togetther year another new line-up and keep up that SERIOUS looking at a new album.  And seems to be nowhere on either front.

This reunion talk is a coping mechanism, of sorts.  Not for anyone that thinks its a great time to be a Guns N' Roses fan simply because you woke up this morning, obviously.  But to those with a more discerning eye and lack of aversion to curiosity.

Yeah, I can see that.  Look, there?s nothing clear about any of this (or anything Guns does, really).  If straight line progression is your thing, this ain?t the band for you.  It seems everything is done so that the band can never be held accountable for anything.  ?New album??  Axl said he was looking into that?he never actually said he?s going to release it.  ?Studio tweet??  That just shows where Axl was on a particular day.  ?Reunion??  Never said anything about that.  Don?t blame us.

Tommy?s comments that they left it all in Vegas, and he and DJ speaking positively about a reunion, to me is the best evidence that they caught wind that a reunion is in discussion, and made the decision to leave.  Otherwise, why would DJ write his letter?  He could be doing exactly what he?s doing right now without having left Guns. 

IMO, they?re trying to put together a reunion, but haven?t worked out all the details/finalized Slash?s divorce.  If it doesn?t work out and people are bummed, they can always go back to the we didn?t promise you a reunion line.  And they'd be right, but people would still be bummed.  How hard are they trying to get a reunion finalized?  Who knows.  I think harder than they were ?very seriously? looking at what to do with regards to CDII.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #581 on: December 21, 2015, 02:03:33 PM »

Tommy?s comments that they left it all in Vegas, and he and DJ speaking positively about a reunion, to me is the best evidence that they caught wind that a reunion is in discussion, and made the decision to leave.  Otherwise, why would DJ write his letter?  He could be doing exactly what he?s doing right now without having left Guns. 

This is the strongest sign, in my view.

You are 100% right.  Why, exactly, did DJ (or Tommy for that matter) have to leave GNR?  Is their non-stop workaholic schedule really keeping them from doing other things?

So did they get wind of something?  That nothing was in the immediate future, but even when things crank back up again, its not with the DJ Ashbas and Tommy Stinsons of the world? 

Yet even that has a plausible denial angle.  All they have to do is point to Robin.  Who quit a 26.2 mile marathon after completing the first 26 miles.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #582 on: December 21, 2015, 03:02:53 PM »

But he (emphatically) said "no" multiple times in the past  By your logic, he only should've said no once. 

No.  By YOUR logic, the number of times Axl said no must somehow mean YES!   hihi

but there just seems to be so much discussion on this it's hard to see why they wouldn't shoot it down if it weren't true. 

Perhaps because they're sick to death of the word "reunion"?  That hearing it over and over makes them want to vomit?  I can't even imagine being in Axl's, Slash's, or Duff's shoes and having to constantly hear the fucking word "reunion" no matter how many times they've said no.  Like I said, if they read these boards, they'd all be shaking their heads at all the hardheads who didn't understand "no" the first thousand times.

Why, exactly, did DJ (or Tommy for that matter) have to leave GNR?  Is their non-stop workaholic schedule really keeping them from doing other things?

So did they get wind of something?  That nothing was in the immediate future, but even when things crank back up again, its not with the DJ Ashbas and Tommy Stinsons of the world? 

Yet even that has a plausible denial angle.  All they have to do is point to Robin.  Who quit a 26.2 mile marathon after completing the first 26 miles.

Or maybe all of them quit just because they were sick of getting put through the GNR wringer?  It might not strictly be related to "but I had time to do something else".  It may have strictly been a matter of not wanting to continue ingesting the poison.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 03:09:18 PM by Bridge » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #583 on: December 21, 2015, 04:04:58 PM »

Why is it hard for people to admit that this time around it's different? 

In some aspects, it's not different.

Like every time, most of the talking is done by people who don't know what's going on. That hasn't changed!  hihi
For the general non-geeky public, it's probably about the same as any other reunion rumor.

For the people who stay informed enough to pay attention to news, it's a bit different because of that one interview Slash gave in Sweden ("Hey, they're friends again! I heard/read that!").

If you want it to be different, then you'll find proof that it is.
If you think it's the same as before, you'll probably find proof for that as well.

Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #584 on: December 21, 2015, 04:21:40 PM »

Like every time, most of the talking is done by people who don't know what's going on. That hasn't changed!  hihi
For the general non-geeky public, it's probably about the same as any other reunion rumor.

For the people who stay informed enough to pay attention to news, it's a bit different because of that one interview Slash gave in Sweden ("Hey, they're friends again! I heard/read that!").

If you think it's the same as before, you'll probably find proof for that as well.

Smiley

/jarmo

In the past with all this talk

It hasn't been allowed in this forum

Most rumors of reunions have also been usually killed pretty quickly by someone some where.....   

Soon as these rumors came out.  The band and managment and all former players have been in vocal lock down

To myself. 

That has been the biggest difference between thes current rumors and those of the past
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #585 on: December 21, 2015, 04:26:41 PM »

In the past with all this talk

It hasn't been allowed in this forum

Ah, the old "we could do this in the past so it must mean something" theory.

In the past, we knew what was going on. So it was easy to say there was no truth to whatever rumor somebody had started.
So until we know for sure.... Smiley

Also, there's not a whole lot going on.
I mean, we could just move all these to Dead Horse if you'd prefer that?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #586 on: December 21, 2015, 04:43:19 PM »

Smiley

/jarmo

But what's different this time around is Axl.  In the past, he spoke directly on this topic and in no uncertain words.  And he did so multiple times.  Why stop now?  It could be because he doesn't feel the need to address it again.  I'm not discounting that as a possibility.  But it seems like before, when it came up he shot it down, and now, not only is he not speaking, but there have been multiple departures.  The combo of those two things adds gas to the fire.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #587 on: December 21, 2015, 04:59:46 PM »

I remember for the RNRHOF we didn't know what was gonna happen until he wrote that letter.

I think you answered your own question. He's not speaking. Period.
He's not gonna start denying all kinds of rumors now, unless there's something planned.

It makes no sense to some. To me it does.
It makes sense to me to not just start address "bad news" without some good news included...  Smiley

By the way, before CherryGarcia jumps in. This isn't anything against the old band... Tongue

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 05:06:56 PM by jarmo » Logged

CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #588 on: December 21, 2015, 05:09:44 PM »

I remember for the RNRHOF we didn't know what was gonna happen until he wrote that letter.

I think you answered your own question. He's not speaking. Period.
He's not gonna start denying all kinds of rumors now, unless there's something planned.

It makes no sense to some. To me it does.
It makes sense to me to not just start address "bad news" without some good news included...  Smiley

Does there REALLY need to be something 1000% planned either way for Axl (or if not Axl, Fernando) to comment?
Something as simple as "Hi guys - Sorry to disappoint but there are no plans for a reunion; not now, not never. Tentatively - no promises - we would like to tour next year and hopefully release the second half of Chinese Democracy. Nothing is set in stone - hang on."

or

'There will be:
#1. No GN'R reunion of any sort. Period. Case closed.

#2. POSSIBLY tour/POSSIBLY CD II release should all go well - negotiating with label. No clear or even tentative plans as of yet.

Hang tight - we're not dead yet. GN'R exists, just need to put the pieces in place. Thanks for all the patience, love and support."

Why would such a message be so hard?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #589 on: December 21, 2015, 05:20:45 PM »

Does there REALLY need to be something 1000% planned either way for Axl (or if not Axl, Fernando) to comment?

1000%?
Wow. Quite the planning involved to get it up to 1000%....  hihi

All your examples, except the one about the album, look like the kind of update you'd only do if you knew 1000% what was gonna happen.

So is it possible the band isn't up to 1000% yet and therefore there's no updates yet?

When there's definite plans, they'll tell us what's planned. Like always.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 05:22:29 PM by jarmo » Logged

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #590 on: December 21, 2015, 05:36:18 PM »

This thread reminds me of an old Ratt song-

Round and Round  hihi
https://youtu.be/0u8teXR8VE4

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #591 on: December 21, 2015, 05:56:23 PM »

Why would such a message be so hard?

They wrote a message against deathpenalty. Not belittling any1 but they gonna write messages to speculating forumpeople? uhm Lips Sealed

We did get a ton of writings from Axl on our forums. He is adressing this topic iirc. Mysteron also posted recently, sort of declining these rumors.

If NOTHING is happening then why hasn't ANYONE step forward and stop the rumors?

The question been asked and answered. How much is enough?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 01:16:02 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #592 on: December 21, 2015, 06:20:24 PM »

Essentially the answer to "Why don't they....?" is: Because it's GN'R!

Does this mean that since CherryGarcia doesn't like the amount of updates from GN'R, he doesn't like GN'R?  Shocked  Shocked
Sounds like a secret conspiracy at work!

Grin

/jarmo

Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #593 on: December 21, 2015, 06:26:02 PM »

I'm not worried because there were many situations like the current one in GN'Rs history (1996-2001, 2004-2005 for example).

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #594 on: December 21, 2015, 06:29:38 PM »

Here is a little food for thought. We all wonder why doesn't Axl come out and shoot the rumors down if they are not. If you are any journalist who knows how to do their job and if the rumor mill kept persisting wouldn't you as a journalist reach out to a GNR rep for comment or try to get axl.

Now do i expect any of them to get thru to axl or a straight answer obviously not but i find it hard to believe no one has asked to get a comment from Axl or someone in management. You haven't even heard someone come out with an article saying anyone from the GNR camp confirms/denys this. I do believe people who have connections to Axl or GNR have do know whats going on but have probably been told not to say anything until something official is announced thats just my little theory.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #595 on: December 21, 2015, 06:43:47 PM »

I don't understand why everyone keeps coming everyday for news.

I think we have a pretty good indication of what's in the near future for gnar fans, a reunion or the comeback of past members with current members on board as well.

We've heard from multiple sources a tour is being put together.

But until everything is official or falls off completely there is nothing to comment by GN'R or their management. I don't think a band or their representatives should speak unless there is something to speak about. And negotiations isn't news, a sealed deal is news. So until all is put together i think we should all just enjoy the holidays and try not to worry so much about why axl or management isn't here responding.

As a matter of fact i'm pretty happy that they didn't shoot these rumours down, because that way we know for sure they mean something.

But let's wait and see how this all pans out in 2k16.

Peace beer

Chinese Democracy!
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #596 on: December 21, 2015, 07:37:10 PM »

Really?  We didn't?

I will freely admit I was caught totally off guard by (what appeared to be) his initially being open to it.  It just flew in the face of everything I knew about the man.

Then, when he put out his letter, I thought...hey, there he is.

My only surprise was that people were surprised.  He was never doing that shit.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #597 on: December 21, 2015, 07:43:19 PM »

I don't understand why everyone keeps coming everyday for news.

I think we have a pretty good indication of what's in the near future for gnar fans, a reunion or the comeback of past members with current members on board as well.

We've heard from multiple sources a tour is being put together.

But until everything is official or falls off completely there is nothing to comment by GN'R or their management. I don't think a band or their representatives should speak unless there is something to speak about. And negotiations isn't news, a sealed deal is news. So until all is put together i think we should all just enjoy the holidays and try not to worry so much about why axl or management isn't here responding.

As a matter of fact i'm pretty happy that they didn't shoot these rumours down, because that way we know for sure they mean something.

But let's wait and see how this all pans out in 2k16.

Peace beer

That nails it. If we don't hear anything by the time Coachella is announced then I'd be concerned

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #598 on: December 21, 2015, 09:27:36 PM »

Im amazed that after all of these years people still expect or hope for Axl to address things a certain way. Its not happening.  Just live life and one day you'll sign on here and get some news. No sense in analyzing and waiting for it or complaining. Should have learned this a long time ago!

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #599 on: December 21, 2015, 10:22:28 PM »

Richard Fortus just liked someone's (edit... just realized it's Michael H who plays with Richard and Frank) status update (on facebook) linking a Blabbermouth article stating that 'the reunion' would be a mixed line up. Might mean nothing, just interesting.

https://www.facebook.com/michael.houghton.7127?fref=nf
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 10:31:16 PM by C0ma » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: