Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:28:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Reunion Tour???
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reunion Tour???  (Read 154168 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #560 on: December 18, 2015, 08:52:20 PM »

D-Gen is a person who argues to argue....probably a good dude face to face but for some reason gets his rocks off by playing the devil's advocate all the time on the internet. I don't mind a good scrap either, but the Gnr talk at this point is silly for us old school fans. There is really nothing to discuss until Ax comes out of his hole.

I think, just in general, devil's advocate can lead to interesting conversation.

I follow politics pretty hard, and I see some similarities to that world and this board.  You have your people that like to talk about it.  But then you get some true believers that takes things a little more personal, I guess you'd say.  Devil's advocate is taken personally, or seen as joking around about SERIOUS BUSINESS.  It can get away from you.

It's all good.  This is still the best place around to talk about this stuff, I think.   

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #561 on: December 18, 2015, 08:54:10 PM »

Hey DX in regards to your feelings on a favorite line up i feel in music its a little different then say a sports team where you can get behind specific athletes. I think and this is just my opinion when it comes to music and a band like GNR its about the music we all fell in love with the initial line up ill give you that but i also think its fair to say chinese democracy was a great album musically speaking that some fans just didn't want to give it a chance because it wasn't the original guys. As long as its Axl and the music is what it has been i really don't care in the end what the line up is.

I see that rationale.

The difference is really that I see them as 2 different bands.  For me, its hard to say I like them equally because I see such different styles.

If you don't see things with that line of demarcation, I suppose I could see where its harder to pick a favorite.

I just tend to think, gun to your head, everyone has a preference.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #562 on: December 18, 2015, 09:20:18 PM »

Well let me pose this hypothetical question. lets say Chinese democracy was made by the original line up and it came out just as it did. In your heart of hearts would you feel like oh its such a different sound then what they did previously and think negatively of the band for such a change in sound?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #563 on: December 18, 2015, 09:35:42 PM »

Well let me pose this hypothetical question. lets say Chinese democracy was made by the original line up and it came out just as it did. In your heart of hearts would you feel like oh its such a different sound then what they did previously and think negatively of the band for such a change in sound?

I don't think of it negatively, I just think its obviously different.  Not bad, just more of a wholesale change than an organic evolution.

If the old band did the last album?  Hard to say because I can't see Slash, Izzy, or Duff coming up with such material.  But I do think it would sound a little different, yeah.  But not radically.

Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #564 on: December 18, 2015, 09:51:35 PM »

I think following a band is very different from following a sports team.  With a sports team, you expect a complete overhaul of players every few years, and the club may exist for many generations.  The team I follow is the same my father followed, and his father before him, even though none of the personnel are the same.  The identity is the thing.  It's the team from the town, a part of the community.  A band is different.  Only a very few bands will stay together for even twenty years, and you generally have the same core of people being involved the whole time.  It's a very different thing, I think.

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #565 on: December 18, 2015, 09:57:00 PM »

I think following a band is very different from following a sports team.  With a sports team, you expect a complete overhaul of players every few years, and the club may exist for many generations.  The team I follow is the same my father followed, and his father before him, even though none of the personnel are the same.  The identity is the thing.  It's the team from the town, a part of the community.  A band is different.  Only a very few bands will stay together for even twenty years, and you generally have the same core of people being involved the whole time.  It's a very different thing, I think.

I agree with all of this.

danrose51705
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #566 on: December 19, 2015, 12:46:32 PM »

I'm thinking this isn't going to happen Sad
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #567 on: December 19, 2015, 02:34:46 PM »

I think, just in general, devil's advocate can lead to interesting conversation.

Devil's advocate is taken personally,

Devil's advocate can lead to more OBJECTIVE conversations.

When you have a site with too many people gripping the "We're gonna have a reunion!  Why?  Well, because the rumors say so!" side of the coin, it is necessary to play "devil's advocate" in order to balance things out.

And yes, people who want to cling to illogical, unfounded rumors will of course take any refutation personally.

Look, We Joke.  We Break Balls.  Sometimes, We Outright Fight.  But Anyone Still Choosing To Post Here, We Are All On The Same Team.

Now THAT, D-Gen, is a rally cry that Winston Churchill would admire.   hihi  ok
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 02:52:17 PM by Bridge » Logged
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #568 on: December 19, 2015, 09:07:42 PM »

Devil's advocate is taken personally,

Devil's advocate can lead to more OBJECTIVE conversations.

When you have a site with too many people gripping the "We're gonna have a reunion!  Why?  Well, because the rumors say so!" side of the coin, it is necessary to play "devil's advocate" in order to balance things out.

And yes, people who want to cling to illogical, unfounded rumors will of course take any refutation personally.

Look, We Joke.  We Break Balls.  Sometimes, We Outright Fight.  But Anyone Still Choosing To Post Here, We Are All On The Same Team.

Now THAT, D-Gen, is a rally cry that Winston Churchill would admire.   hihi  ok

you and a few others seem very confident this will not happen senor bridge. in a way i hope you are right because i see reunion as a possible distraction from cd 2, but its really hard to say. i just cant take a stance that it will happen or not confidently either way. seems really up in the air.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #569 on: December 19, 2015, 09:19:14 PM »

As the question has been asked a million times on this board, I'll ask it again. If NOTHING is happening then why hasn't ANYONE step forward and stop the rumors? All it takes is for Axl, Slash or Duff to say it's not happening. That's it everything would stop.

I really wonder about some people not wanting a reunion.
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #570 on: December 19, 2015, 09:34:16 PM »

I wanna have a reunion, but with the 2002 line up  peace

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #571 on: December 19, 2015, 10:21:59 PM »

As the question has been asked a million times on this board, I'll ask it again. If NOTHING is happening then why hasn't ANYONE step forward and stop the rumors? All it takes is for Axl, Slash or Duff to say it's not happening. That's it everything would stop.

what do you make of the point that they may not be commenting because theyve already spoken so much on it in the past and that nothing has changed in that regard? i think thats as good of an indicator that it wont happen as the silence is an indicator that it will. its really just too hard to say at this point. either way, i just obsess over this band waaaay too much haha.

but yeah, even if cd2 is hampered by reunion somehow, i will be happy for everyone that wants a reunion so bad and at least i will get to see my favorite band play, even if just on youtube. so either way is ultimately a win win for me.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
danrose51705
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #572 on: December 19, 2015, 11:32:33 PM »

just isnt going to happen
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #573 on: December 20, 2015, 12:07:15 AM »

We'll know a lot come Jan 6th

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #574 on: December 20, 2015, 03:04:42 PM »

what do you make of the point that they may not be commenting because theyve already spoken so much on it in the past and that nothing has changed in that regard?

Exactly.  If Axl were reading this board right now, I'd surmise that he can only be thinking:

"Sweet Jesus, didn't those fucking people hear me the first time?  I said NO FUCKING REUNION!"   Tongue

you and a few others seem very confident this will not happen senor bridge.

That's because I was one of the seemingly few who was actually LISTENING the first time around!   Tongue
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 03:07:35 PM by Bridge » Logged
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #575 on: December 20, 2015, 03:16:34 PM »

We'll know a lot come Jan 6th

Why Jan 6?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #576 on: December 20, 2015, 04:10:19 PM »

The Illusion line ups were probably my favorite if i am being honest.
danrose51705
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #577 on: December 20, 2015, 07:00:15 PM »

not going to happen were are my posts lol
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #578 on: December 20, 2015, 09:51:19 PM »

what do you make of the point that they may not be commenting because theyve already spoken so much on it in the past and that nothing has changed in that regard?

Exactly.  If Axl were reading this board right now, I'd surmise that he can only be thinking:

"Sweet Jesus, didn't those fucking people hear me the first time?  I said NO FUCKING REUNION!"   Tongue

you and a few others seem very confident this will not happen senor bridge.

That's because I was one of the seemingly few who was actually LISTENING the first time around!   Tongue

But he (emphatically) said "no" multiple times in the past  By your logic, he only should've said no once.  But that's not was has happened. 

Why is it hard for people to admit that this time around it's different?  It's hard to quantify, but it just feels different this time around.  It could amount to nothing, but there just seems to be so much discussion on this it's hard to see why they wouldn't shoot it down if it weren't true. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #579 on: December 21, 2015, 01:30:05 PM »

Why is it hard for people to admit that this time around it's different?  It's hard to quantify, but it just feels different this time around.  It could amount to nothing, but there just seems to be so much discussion on this it's hard to see why they wouldn't shoot it down if it weren't true. 

But don't you think that we are putting some of our own hope into that feelings that this is different?

Guys left Axl one after the other.  There is no talk whatsoever about any new album, despite all that SERIOUS looking Axl was going to be doing.

People are left with a feeling of...what the hell is going on here?

But that is all explained away in a second with some sort of reunion.  Oh, so THAT is why all that stuff happened!  That sort of thing.

I think you are going to see some grim times if this reunion thing doesn't pan out, and then people have to go back to wondering if Axl is going to put togetther year another new line-up and keep up that SERIOUS looking at a new album.  And seems to be nowhere on either front.

This reunion talk is a coping mechanism, of sorts.  Not for anyone that thinks its a great time to be a Guns N' Roses fan simply because you woke up this morning, obviously.  But to those with a more discerning eye and lack of aversion to curiosity.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: