Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:36:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Reunion Tour???
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reunion Tour???  (Read 154234 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #540 on: December 18, 2015, 11:20:04 AM »

Funny, This People Is Amazing !!

ajajaja

hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #541 on: December 18, 2015, 11:43:11 AM »

<a bunch of deflection to avoid an answer to a harmless question>

Classic...but expected.

Never change, brah.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #542 on: December 18, 2015, 11:49:14 AM »

Some of us actually appreciate and value each and every incarnation of GNR sincerely- it isn't any sort of act or online persona gimmick.

And you value them all equally?

Because that is what is being discussed here.  He refuses to say which line-up was his favorite.

Logic would dictate that he (or anyone) prefers one line-up over the rest.  It's human nature.  Every parent has a favorite, regardless of what they say.  

Legit question. Do you have kids?

I have three. I legit do not have a favorite. I don't know why people think this is a lie we tell our kids and each other. It is, for me, 100% true.

I have three fav versions of the gnr lineup: the most recent version, the afd version, and the uyi recording version that included izzy. I like them all equally. I'm sorry if my likes and opinions conflict with your need to choose just one, but thats on you. Not people who feel differently. Just like, if you want, YOU can choose one.

And there isn't any version i didnt like, really, that i have heard.

This does not automatically mean there is anything wrong with any other line-up, anymore that it would mean you love your other kids any less.  But I think its fear that things would then be spun that way which leads to him not wanting to admit to a favorite.

His whole schtick is how everything going on in the here and now is awesome.  That's never going to change.  Fine, whatever.

But where is the harm in saying you liked every line-up and every line-up rules, but this was the one I liked the best?  The only harm I can figure is the very reason I just laid out.

If that's wrong, he's free to correct me.  It's only a theory.

But, at the end of the day, my money is on this conversation not going to lead to him admitting to a favorite line-up, for whatever reason.

Maybe because....uhhhh..thats the way he actually feels?

You do realize you are telling him what his opinion is, right? How do you feel when others do that to you? Because, looking back at the discussions here....you don't like it so much.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #543 on: December 18, 2015, 12:02:48 PM »

Some of us actually appreciate and value each and every incarnation of GNR sincerely- it isn't any sort of act or online persona gimmick.

And you value them all equally?

Because that is what is being discussed here.  He refuses to say which line-up was his favorite.

Logic would dictate that he (or anyone) prefers one line-up over the rest.  It's human nature.  Every parent has a favorite, regardless of what they say.  

This does not automatically mean there is anything wrong with any other line-up, anymore that it would mean you love your other kids any less.  But I think its fear that things would then be spun that way which leads to him not wanting to admit to a favorite.

His whole schtick is how everything going on in the here and now is awesome.  That's never going to change.  Fine, whatever.

But where is the harm in saying you liked every line-up and every line-up rules, but this was the one I liked the best?  The only harm I can figure is the very reason I just laid out.

If that's wrong, he's free to correct me.  It's only a theory.

But, at the end of the day, my money is on this conversation not going to lead to him admitting to a favorite line-up, for whatever reason.

LOL at your attempt to "define" and clarify "what is being discussed here" your condescending manner is laughable.

I can't speak for Jarmo- but I have enjoyed every single GNR show I have seen and every lineup so far- I do not have a favorite and all have been great- I feel no need to choose one over another.

Your "fear" theory is flawed Mr Logic, as is your attempt to once again paint true, supportive fans as somewhat inferior to you and your ilk-

I like all lineups of GNR and will enjoy the future ones, whatever is decided.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 12:05:23 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #544 on: December 18, 2015, 12:08:48 PM »

<a bunch of deflection to avoid an answer to a harmless question>

Classic...but expected.

Never change, brah.

Just because you don't understand it, doesn't mean it's a deflection.

At least some here get it.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #545 on: December 18, 2015, 01:46:37 PM »

You do realize you are telling him what his opinion is, right? How do you feel when others do that to you? Because, looking back at the discussions here....you don't like it so much.

But no one can ever accuse me of not having an opinion.  I consider that the greatest offense of all.

I'm not telling him what his opinion is at all.  That is always my objection, and I believe what you are referring to.

No, I'm questioning how he can seriously claim he doesn't have one.  "Everything is equally awesome" is wishy washy nonsense. 

If you were asked to rank your top ten of something (movies, athletes, TV shows) and you ranked everything tied for 1st, is that a serious answer?

Its a fruitless exercise anyway.  I'm under no delusions he would ever give anyone here the satisfaction.  Me asking the question moves the chances from pretty remote to laughably impossible.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 01:56:47 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #546 on: December 18, 2015, 02:13:34 PM »

I can't speak for Jarmo- but I have enjoyed every single GNR show I have seen and every lineup so far- I do not have a favorite and all have been great- I feel no need to choose one over another.

Who asked you?

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #547 on: December 18, 2015, 02:24:46 PM »

But no one can ever accuse me of not having an opinion.  I consider that the greatest offense of all.

But he does. And he has told you what his opinion is. And you've told him he can't have it. And then told him he does have a favorite.

I'm not telling him what his opinion is at all.  That is always my objection, and I believe what you are referring to.
But you are. By telling him what it cant be, and insisting he adopt another, of only one.

No, I'm questioning how he can seriously claim he doesn't have one.  "Everything is equally awesome" is wishy washy nonsense. 

Which is telling him what his opinion is. Its not wishy washy nonsense. Its a perfectly valid and defesible position. Maybe your brain works different. Maybe you feel the burning need to organize and rank every thing in your life. I dont know. But not everyones brain works that way in all things.

You are telling him what is opinion is because it doesnt match what YOU think it should be. I've watched your reaction when faced with the same on these very boards. Yet....you are doing it right here.

If you were asked to rank your top ten of something (movies, athletes, TV shows) and you ranked everything tied for 1st, is that a serious answer?

Depends on the thing.

Ask me to rank the various flavors of truffles my wife makes and i will rattle off at least 5 that tie for first. Of 20 or so. Thats not wishy washy nonsense...its the way i legit feel. Who are you to tell me how i feel, or that i feel otherwise. You aren't me?

I gave you 3 lineups that i would say all tie for 1st, for different reasons. I can't get more granular than that. Its the way i really feel. I can sit here and struggle, and ponder, and try..but why? To what purpose? Its the way i feel, and i'm good with that feeling/opinion.

Its a fruitless exercise anyway.  I'm under no delusions he would ever give anyone here the satisfaction.  Me asking the question moves the chances from pretty remote to laughably impossible.

Or you can simply accept he's being genuine, disagree, and move on. Seems more fruitful....

Edited because i fail at quotes, on my ipad.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 02:29:48 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #548 on: December 18, 2015, 02:26:12 PM »

I'm all set.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #549 on: December 18, 2015, 03:25:38 PM »

Who asked you?

Haha upset much?  hihi

Here's a little lesson for you- If You post on a public discussion forum anyone can answer your posts, try and grasp that concept .  Kiss

Besides- you quoted me and I was responding to you.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 03:28:26 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #550 on: December 18, 2015, 03:52:49 PM »

Here's a little lesson for you- If You post on a public discussion forum anyone can answer your posts, try and grasp that concept .  Kiss

I did quote you.  As we talked about Jarmo.

Why would I put any of these questions to you?  Your answers never change.

Someone else entirely could even post as you and no one would know.  Theoretically, anyway.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #551 on: December 18, 2015, 04:17:08 PM »

You're the guy who gets upset over posts, then tell others that they are indeed feeling upset. In reality, you have no clue.
You're the one who gets all defensive if somebody points out how you come across, and then you're the one telling others how they think, what they think and why. Once again, without having a clue.
You're the guy who claims to love discussions, but choose to ignore uncomfortable questions or even full posts (see above what you just did to pilferk).

It's hard to take you seriously. Your whole act is one contradiction after another. You make claims about how things are in the "real world" but to most, it's obvious your view of the real world is pretty limited.
And when you're corrected, you just joke about and/or just ignore it. It's a pretty common tactic for people who live in their own world where they're never wrong.

You're stubborn, I'll give you that.

20+ years of waiting... I think we have a good example of what carrying that weigh around can do to one!  no

Next time you wanna make statements about how you love discussion, save it. You love your own voice. That isn't a discussion. It's a monologue.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #552 on: December 18, 2015, 04:23:04 PM »

2 people here have a problem with me.  The same 2 people.

I'm not too worried about it.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #553 on: December 18, 2015, 04:26:39 PM »

Nice deflection!

I don't have a problem with you.

I just think you're one of those people who just refuses to learn. Because nobody else can be right.
It does create amusing posts. Even though they're mostly so wrong, you can't help but chuckle.

Like now when pilferk posted some things and you just totally ignored it.
Love discussions. Please!

/jarmo

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #554 on: December 18, 2015, 04:36:01 PM »

should has steven

* Original meaning the one that existed before the one that some of you think is original. Tongue

shameless flamebait

hihi
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 04:42:16 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #555 on: December 18, 2015, 04:39:35 PM »

D-Gen is a person who argues to argue....probably a good dude face to face but for some reason gets his rocks off by playing the devil's advocate all the time on the internet. I don't mind a good scrap either, but the Gnr talk at this point is silly for us old school fans. There is really nothing to discuss until Ax comes out of his hole.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #556 on: December 18, 2015, 04:42:57 PM »

Hey DX in regards to your feelings on a favorite line up i feel in music its a little different then say a sports team where you can get behind specific athletes. I think and this is just my opinion when it comes to music and a band like GNR its about the music we all fell in love with the initial line up ill give you that but i also think its fair to say chinese democracy was a great album musically speaking that some fans just didn't want to give it a chance because it wasn't the original guys. As long as its Axl and the music is what it has been i really don't care in the end what the line up is.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #557 on: December 18, 2015, 04:50:15 PM »

It is kinda like a sports team at this point. That is reality...Deep Purple is getting in to the rock and roll hall of fame this year....look up their story because it is crazier than Gnr's. At least Guns has the same singer.... Undecided

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/deep-purples-ian-paice-on-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-induction-at-last-20151217

honestly, read this article....a lot of similarities

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #558 on: December 18, 2015, 05:32:52 PM »

Who asked you?

hahahaha. sorry, I was not asked either.

All my statements represent MY OPINION. If not, I'll say so by posting references or the like
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #559 on: December 18, 2015, 05:36:04 PM »

I did quote you.  As we talked about Jarmo.

Why would I put any of these questions to you?  Your answers never change.

Someone else entirely could even post as you and no one would know.  Theoretically, anyway.

Shame on me for being consistent- such a crime.

Somebody else entirely could post for you, all they would need is a persecution complex, a bitter, negative attitude toward GNR , a pair of tights and a lobotomy.  Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: