Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:38:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Reunion Tour???
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reunion Tour???  (Read 154241 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #420 on: December 02, 2015, 01:19:35 PM »

If the album comes out in the end of 2016 I don't think either you or me cares about what we discussed one year ago. Even if Axl comes out and talks about in detail how he worked on the album in 2015, I wouldn't bother to dig up this thread and point out that I was right all along.

Hahaha.  Yeah, I say that about everything with this band.

In the rare times good news comes, all the arguments that came before go out the window.  No longer current issues.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #421 on: December 02, 2015, 01:21:42 PM »

Because they decided to some time off and people went to do other things, on top of that Dj quit. All of that kinda made touring the album more difficult.
Or maybe you'd prefer an album in 2015 and a tour in say 2016? Just like last time.... No wait, that's not how this business works right?

Or maybe Axl decided to take the year off!

Ah, I see.

So you think its the lack of a viable touring band right now that has delayed things.

Maybe you're right.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #422 on: December 02, 2015, 01:36:27 PM »

Ah, I see.

So you think its the lack of a viable touring band right now that has delayed things.

Maybe you're right.

I don't know for sure.
Maybe the plan was to release it this year and tour later. Then they decided not to.
I do remember Dj mentioning that things might be happening this year. I don't think he made it up.

Edited to add: As a fan, it's not as much fun when there's downtime. But it does make sense to step away a little bit. Just makes the return is more exciting....

/jarmo

« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 01:39:56 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #423 on: December 02, 2015, 01:39:55 PM »

Because they decided to some time off and people went to do other things, on top of that Dj quit. All of that kinda made touring the album more difficult.
Or maybe you'd prefer an album in 2015 and a tour in say 2016? Just like last time.... No wait, that's not how this business works right?

Or maybe Axl decided to take the year off!

Ah, I see.

Maybe you're right.

Though I have no idea whether or not it's the official reason we didn't get the next album this year, I would agree that having a touring lineup ready to go to promote it upon it's release or soon thereafter is pretty important. If that's what they're waiting for, I can understand that.   
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #424 on: December 02, 2015, 01:43:30 PM »

As a fan, it's not as much fun when there's downtime. But it does make sense to step away a little bit. Just makes the return is more exciting....

Axl does have a tendency to let excitement build up to a point where the fans become unsure of what's going on, then BOOM - he pops up out of nowhere.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #425 on: December 02, 2015, 01:49:00 PM »

New music and touring (yes, even a reunion tour) are great and all...But if Axl is somehow able to pull off both in the same year, something he hasn't been able to do since 1991, holy shit it'd be nothing short of a miracle and would likely be the most exciting year for GNR fans since said year. Here's hoping!
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #426 on: December 02, 2015, 04:32:55 PM »

I do remember Dj mentioning that things might be happening this year. I don't think he made it up.

/jarmo

Things sure did happen, 2 guitarists quit...Yowzer..

[/quote]
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #427 on: December 02, 2015, 06:04:47 PM »

/jarmo

[/quote]

Technically BBF has been out for a while  Roll Eyes

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #428 on: December 02, 2015, 07:29:35 PM »

Things Be Happening This Year:

- QUIT 2 GUITARS -

Cry

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #429 on: December 02, 2015, 09:42:18 PM »

/jarmo

[/quote]

Don't forget about Tommy...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #430 on: December 02, 2015, 09:46:40 PM »

/jarmo

[/quote]

I'm not, on one hand you could make the argument that he left first- considering that he chose the replacements shows over the GNR shows.

But there's enough insanity at present Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #431 on: December 02, 2015, 11:34:50 PM »

Add Lizzy Hale from Halestorm to the list of musicians claiming there is going to be a reunion. Apparently she did an interview with that mitch lafon I think who is the same guy who had that interview with Slash someone can correct me if I am wrong and she was asked what her thoughts on a reunion would be and she said friends she knows is that it sounds like a reunion is happening and she would love to open for them if they were ever asked. Saw the article on facebook.
WaurioRocks
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #432 on: December 03, 2015, 12:19:12 AM »

If reunion happens they should also play this.  Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0waoQk21lM8&app=desktop
(GNR cover band playing Slither/If the world)

« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 12:26:08 AM by WaurioRocks » Logged
Hell House
Opening Act

« Reply #433 on: December 03, 2015, 02:16:00 AM »

Hi everyone, first post Smiley

I don't think we'll see CDII anytime soon. Axl has shown that he prefers that the guitarist on the album is the same guy who's currently in the band. If Slash is back in the band, then Axl will want him on whatever is to be officially released. Remember, Axl owns the GN'R name. He decides what the next GN'R record is.
Hell House
Opening Act

« Reply #434 on: December 03, 2015, 02:32:36 AM »

/jarmo

I'm not, on one hand you could make the argument that he left first- considering that he chose the replacements shows over the GNR shows.

But there's enough insanity at present Cheesy
[/quote]

I always imagined Tommy got permission to do the Replacements reunion. Axl always did like to reward his friends. Remember that Tommy never made a dime off the Replacements, plus he lost his brother who played lead, so it was a more emotional project than a simple reunion of a rock n' roll band.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #435 on: December 03, 2015, 06:36:34 AM »

Add Lizzy Hale from Halestorm to the list of musicians claiming there is going to be a reunion. Apparently she did an interview with that mitch lafon I think who is the same guy who had that interview with Slash someone can correct me if I am wrong and she was asked what her thoughts on a reunion would be and she said friends she knows is that it sounds like a reunion is happening and she would love to open for them if they were ever asked. Saw the article on facebook.

Love Halestorm!  Would love to see them open for GnR (in any incarnation).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #436 on: December 03, 2015, 08:30:53 AM »

Her performance of Out ta Get Me with the Conspirators was fucking awesome! imo

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #437 on: December 03, 2015, 09:12:13 AM »

Her performance of Out ta Get Me with the Conspirators was fucking awesome! imo

Yes!  One of the best GnR covers I've heard.  She also did a pretty bad ass cover of Slave to the Grind by Skid Row.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #438 on: December 03, 2015, 11:08:11 AM »

I don't think this is happening fellas...

https://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/meet-slash-with-2-vip-tickets-to-his-2016-2017-nyc-tri-783332
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #439 on: December 03, 2015, 11:12:34 AM »

So, is this a confirmation of a Slash tour happening?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: