Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:36:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Reunion Tour???
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reunion Tour???  (Read 154228 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #400 on: December 02, 2015, 12:27:53 PM »

Recent Blabbermouth post reports "Classic" GN'R lineup offered mega bucks for 2 European Festivals, but due to Slash's commitments and Axl's loyalty to his bandmates they may take place in 2017..Perhaps this is an opportunity for Axl to release more CD material.....A WIN all around!!

They reference this article: http://loaded.co.uk/guns-n-roses-get-the-wight-stuff/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #401 on: December 02, 2015, 12:37:05 PM »

Recent Blabbermouth post reports "Classic" GN'R lineup offered mega bucks for 2 European Festivals, but due to Slash's commitments and Axl's loyalty to his bandmates they may take place in 2017..Perhaps this is an opportunity for Axl to release more CD material.....A WIN all around!!

Was there not an opportunity in 2015?

I'm right with you that I think it would be great.  I'm just curious what the difference between the 2 years would have been.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #402 on: December 02, 2015, 12:41:05 PM »

I'm right with you that I think it would be great.  I'm just curious what the difference between the 2 years would have been.

Well, we haven't heard from Axl this year so it's hard to say. He might have spent this year in the studio. We know he's a perfectionist.

One year ago Richard confirmed that Axl was in the studio, so there's been activity since Axl gave the Revolver interview.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #403 on: December 02, 2015, 12:42:57 PM »

No, there was not.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #404 on: December 02, 2015, 12:43:32 PM »

Well, we haven't heard from Axl this year so it's hard to say. He might have spent this year in the studio. We know he's a perfectionist.

One year ago Richard confirmed that Axl was in the studio, so there's been activity since Axl gave the Revolver interview.

Do you think people that use this argument should be held accountable down the line if 365 days from now we are saying this exact same stuff?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #405 on: December 02, 2015, 12:44:35 PM »

No, there was not.

Really?  And why was that?

I'm simply asking, but you seem to be speaking more in the declarative sense.

What's the basis?

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #406 on: December 02, 2015, 12:46:10 PM »

They reference this article: http://loaded.co.uk/guns-n-roses-get-the-wight-stuff/

/jarmo

Not sure I'd put too much faith in that article... and a lot can change in two years.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #407 on: December 02, 2015, 12:48:52 PM »

Do you think people that use this argument should be held accountable down the line if 365 days from now we are saying this exact same stuff?

Things take a long time in Axl's world, it shouldn't come as a surprise for us in 2015.

I am one of the advocates for more information and more creative output, but at the same time you have to look at the realities and can't really do anything else than accept it. Nothing will change.

Sweetness is a virtue
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #408 on: December 02, 2015, 12:52:06 PM »

Wttj
It's Easy
Better
Mr Brownstone
November Rain
Slash Solo Grin
Scom
Civil War
Sorry
Ycbm
This I Love
Catcher in The Rye
Nightrain

Encore:

Rocket Queen
Estranged
Paradise City
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 12:53:45 PM by ITARocker » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #409 on: December 02, 2015, 12:52:45 PM »

Things take a long time in Axl's world, it shouldn't come as a surprise for us in 2015.

I am one of the advocates for more information and more creative output, but at the same time you have to look at the realities and can't really do anything else than accept it. Nothing will change.

All true.

I'm just not a fan of consequence free statements.

It would seem to me, anyone at all interested in credibility, if you are going to go all in on something and shout down an opposing view based on little more than your hunch...you should have to own up if it didn't pan out.

Nothing major.  Just a basic "well, didn't pan out so it looks like I was wrong to assume that" and so forth.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #410 on: December 02, 2015, 12:53:36 PM »

Sorry

Expecting this one in any sort of reunion setlist is...well, I think its a stretch.

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #411 on: December 02, 2015, 12:54:15 PM »

Sorry

Expecting this one in any sort of reunion setlist is...well, I think its a stretch.

YEah but ...who cares...it's a good one  Grin
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #412 on: December 02, 2015, 01:02:01 PM »

I'm just not a fan of consequence free statements.

It would seem to me, anyone at all interested in credibility, if you are going to go all in on something and shout down an opposing view based on little more than your hunch...you should have to own up if it didn't pan out.

Nothing major.  Just a basic "well, didn't pan out so it looks like I was wrong to assume that" and so forth.

But I did say we really don't know and then proposed a possible explanation. Isn't that all we can do when there's no substantial information out there.

You questioned the difference between 2015 and 2016. Didn't you then base that on a preconception of nothingness behind the scenes in 2015?

Sweetness is a virtue
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #413 on: December 02, 2015, 01:03:00 PM »

No, there was not.

I'm simply asking, but you seem to be speaking more in the declarative sense.

What's the basis?

I'm also curious as to why 2015 was off the table for a new album release...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #414 on: December 02, 2015, 01:08:00 PM »

You questioned the difference between 2015 and 2016. Didn't you then base that on a preconception of nothingness behind the scenes in 2015?

Pretty much, yeah. 

But if an album came out sometime in 2016, guess what?  I was wrong.  Would be little argument I was not.

My question, I suppose, is if you are the sort of person that believes that all this work has been done in 2015, if we got to the end of 2016 and we were no further along, is it not incumbent upon a person to say perhaps they were mistaken?

Or can they just get away with doubling down and insisting there was serious work done in 2015 AND 2016...nevermind there is not a shred of proof outside a few vague statements that can be taken several ways?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #415 on: December 02, 2015, 01:09:02 PM »

No doubt.

Just hoping its not "well, it didn't come out, so...um, there wasn't."

We shall see.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #416 on: December 02, 2015, 01:11:23 PM »

No doubt.

Just hoping its not "well, it didn't come out, so...um, there wasn't."

We shall see.

Yeah, "Well, it didn't come out so obviously there wasn't..." is essentially a non-answer to a declarative statement like that. Hopefully Jarmo can explain.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #417 on: December 02, 2015, 01:12:15 PM »

Yeah, he seemed pretty sure, huh?

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #418 on: December 02, 2015, 01:17:07 PM »

Pretty much, yeah. 

But if an album came out sometime in 2016, guess what?  I was wrong.  Would be little argument I was not.

My question, I suppose, is if you are the sort of person that believes that all this work has been done in 2015, if we got to the end of 2016 and we were no further along, is it not incumbent upon a person to say perhaps they were mistaken?

Or can they just get away with doubling down and insisting there was serious work done in 2015 AND 2016...nevermind there is not a shred of proof outside a few vague statements that can be taken several ways?

I get your point there. But this is what happens when we're in the dark on the process. If we shall have anything to talk about there's bound to be speculation. To be clear, I'm not insisting anything here, I'm just guessing.

If the album comes out in the end of 2016 I don't think either you or me cares about what we discussed one year ago. Even if Axl comes out and talks about in detail how he worked on the album in 2015, I wouldn't bother to dig up this thread and point out that I was right all along.

Sweetness is a virtue
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #419 on: December 02, 2015, 01:17:49 PM »

No, there was not.

Because they decided to some time off and people went to do other things, on top of that Dj quit. All of that kinda made touring the album more difficult.
Or maybe you'd prefer an album in 2015 and a tour in say 2016? Just like last time.... No wait, that's not how this business works right?

Or maybe Axl decided to take the year off!

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: