Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:20:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Reunion Tour???
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reunion Tour???  (Read 154117 times)
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #320 on: November 30, 2015, 05:07:31 PM »

You answered the question on the second line buddy.

The reason its "always about Axl", is because he rarely speaks. Why does it have to be such a negative thing that people are interested in hearing from him?

No, I didn't answer the question.
You missed the point.

Some are going on about how Axl would handle a hypothetical interview asking him why he could reunite with those guys. The same could be said about them.
I'll explain it even more so you don't get confused about me talking in circles: If Axl can be asked "but you said ________, what changed?", so can the others.

/jarmo

The difference is.... the "others" have a history of speaking a lot more freely then Axl does. They give regular interviews. Axl doesnt.

That's why its a bigger issue with Axl.

Nobody missed anything.. except you mate.

edited to add:

Axl made some very strong statements about reunions in the past "not in this lifetime" etc... I dont remember Slash and Duff ever being that forecful when the question was posed to them, unless you can find me a quote...

So when Axl stays silent for so long, then when he does open his mouth u get such a strong statement, if that were to change, of course those factors will lead to him being the number one person the media and fans want to hear from. He was the face of the band... its not a difficult concept Jarmo.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 05:15:41 PM by OscarAxl22 » Logged
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #321 on: November 30, 2015, 05:14:05 PM »

Well...

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Guns-N-Roses-tipped-Reading-Festival-headline/story-28267771-detail/story.html

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #322 on: November 30, 2015, 05:16:19 PM »

The difference is.... the "others" have a history of speaking a lot more freely then Axl does. They give regular interviews. Axl doesnt.

Funny how the original posts weren't about the number of interviews he gives: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=66533.msg1402929#msg1402929
It was about what he would answer or how he'd react to certain questions.

I pointed out that in that hypothetical scenario, he's not the only one who would have to explain what changed. It doesn't really matter how many interviews they've given.

Better luck next time, "pal".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #323 on: November 30, 2015, 05:32:40 PM »

Yeah, seems like the Isle of Lucy jazz-blues festival is the only one GN'R isn't rumored to headline!  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #324 on: November 30, 2015, 05:33:03 PM »

Funny how the original posts weren't about the number of interviews he gives: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=66533.msg1402929#msg1402929
It was about what he would answer or how he'd react to certain questions.

I pointed out that in that hypothetical scenario, he's not the only one who would have to explain what changed. It doesn't really matter how many interviews they've given.

Better luck next time, "pal".

/jarmo

Ok, we can go back to "what he would answer, and how he would react to certain questions if you like.

Axl hasnt got a good track record in answering questions by getting to the point in interviews. As explained before, even in the webchats he stated that there was a lot of "mistruths" out there by people who were seeking personal gain (or some bullshit to that effect).... there was some other roundabout shit spoken in that answer and we were told at some point in the future hed get his side of things out there. Ok.. we are 7 years down the track, we have had nothing, and to be fair, he didnt elaborate on when in the future hed tell his side...

either way... so far, we havent had a lot to go on when it comes to Axl's take on things. Because he doesnt give a lot of interviews. We know Slash and Duffs opinions on things better than that of Axl... thats the difference.

comprende.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 05:35:41 PM by OscarAxl22 » Logged
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #325 on: November 30, 2015, 05:33:32 PM »

Hey DX in regards to your feelings about the press pressing on axl as to why now i honestly don't think they would because an Axl interview is a rare thing i don't think anybody wants to push the wrong buttons they want to be on his good side
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #326 on: November 30, 2015, 05:37:58 PM »

Ok, we can go back to "what he would answer, and how he would react to certain questions if you like.

You mean go back to what I was talking about instead of what you think I wasn't talking about. Cool.

Axl hasnt got a good track record in answering questions by getting to the point in interviews. As explained before, even in the webchats he stated that there was a lot of "mistruths" out there by people who were seeking personal gain (or some bullshit to that effect).... there was some other roundabout shit spoken in that answer and we were told at some point in the future hed get his side of things out there. Ok.. we are 7 years down the track, we have had nothing, and to be fair, he didnt elaborate on when in the future hed tell his side...

either way... so far, we havent had a lot to go on when it comes to Axl's take on things. Because he doesnt give a lot of interviews.

comprende.

The online forum charts weren't real interviews. It was chaos.

I can't blame him for not being able to answer everything to your liking in those. Hell, some people here have a hard time focusing on one topic at a time!

I don't know how you managed to come to that conclusion about his so called track record. I've read, if not all, then most of, his latest interviews and I don't get that impression.

/jarmo

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #327 on: November 30, 2015, 05:55:19 PM »

You mean go back to what I was talking about instead of what you think I wasn't talking about. Cool.

either way... so far, we havent had a lot to go on when it comes to Axl's take on things. Because he doesnt give a lot of interviews.

comprende.

The online forum charts weren't real interviews. It was chaos.

I can't blame him for not being able to answer everything to your liking in those. Hell, some people here have a hard time focusing on one topic at a time!

I don't know how you managed to come to that conclusion about his so called track record. I've read, if not all, then most of, his latest interviews and I don't get that impression.

/jarmo

Those web chats were probably the most hes spoken in god knows how long though.

Ill meet you half way, those web chats were probably chaos from his point of view and obviously yours... and i agree..they weren't official interviews, but the upside was, that Axl was speaking personally to the fans and i thought some of his answers were skirting around things a lot when he could have been a bit more direct and honest. .... I have read those web chats many times and i thought there was some super dancing around certain topics.. for example.. someone asked him what his relationship was with former band members... his response was.. not sure i understand the question....

It was a fairly obvious question, as to Slash, and Duff especially.. he just didnt answer it. The webchats were full of stuff like that whenever anything came up regarding the older line ups.. it was sidestepping mumbo jumbo..

anyhoooooo... im not here to bash on Axl... i know thats what you think i am doing... so ill just say this..

People want to hear from Axl the most. He was the biggest star in that Line up. Slash ran a close second, but people want to hear from the front man, the guy that did it on his own for 20 years without the rest of them, like it or not... thats what EVERYONE wants. To hear from the Front man of Guns n Roses. We want his take on things If this happens.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #328 on: November 30, 2015, 06:10:34 PM »

Couldn't Axl just say it was just the right time things came together or i could picture axl refering to just "fate" determined it i don't know if we will get a full on explanation as to why he finally decided to but keep it simple no reason to expand on it because in the end won't most people be content with the fact that they are back in the band.

That's probably the spin I would put on it, in his spot.

I'm just wondering if people were to really press him on why he had Slash sentenced to death for all those years, but now its all good in the hood.

Or if they press him on asking if a reunion is an admission of failure of sorts, and proof the replacement line-up did not work.

How does that go?

In a perfect world, I would hope Axl can laugh that sort of talk off.  Perhaps deflect it somewhat, and try and steer it back to the fact things are good now.

Most interviews are pre-scripted these days and the interviewee is aware of what will be asked beforehand.. so id expect Axl (if he ever gives another interview) to be on point with this.

Axl talks in circles anyway, half the things he says are very roundabout... its like he speaks in code half the time.  Wink

It may be your perception that he "talks in circles" - I have a different opinion, you can't blame him for being cautious with media/press.

LOL @"speaking in code"

LOL at the "revelation" that you have a different opinion.

Shocking stuff that.  Shocked

I'm sure he is cautious with the press/media when he talks or communicates with such in an insidious and calculated effort to frustrate and confuse you. It's a plot  hihi

Nice spin.

Keep waving those pom poms darling.  Kiss

Keep being whiny, bitter, negative and butthurt darling.  Kiss

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #329 on: November 30, 2015, 06:18:20 PM »

Those web chats were probably the most hes spoken in god knows how long though.

Well, it was in December 2008. He hasn't been all silent since... You're aware of that right?  Huh
But before that, he gave that long Eddie Trunk interview in May 2006....

Ill meet you half way, those web chats were probably chaos from his point of view and obviously yours... and i agree..they weren't official interviews, but the upside was, that Axl was speaking personally to the fans and i thought some of his answers were skirting around things a lot when he could have been a bit more direct and honest. .... I have read those web chats many times and i thought there was some super dancing around certain topics.. for example.. someone asked him what his relationship was with former band members... his response was.. not sure i understand the question....

It was a fairly obvious question, as to Slash, and Duff especially.. he just didnt answer it. The webchats were full of stuff like that whenever anything came up regarding the older line ups.. it was sidestepping mumbo jumbo..

Well, some of the things he got back to later. Other stuff, he didn't answer. Can't answer everybody's questions....
I'll also add that if he had spent most of his time answering questions about the old band, we both know what would've happened.  Tongue

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 06:33:37 PM by jarmo » Logged

raindog
Rocker

« Reply #330 on: November 30, 2015, 09:42:08 PM »

Sorry to disappoint anyone, but I'm headlining Reading with my kazoo. If you're lucky I might bust out an epic version of My World for an encore though.
Princess Leia
« Reply #331 on: December 01, 2015, 02:42:04 AM »

Couldn't Axl just say it was just the right time things came together or i could picture axl refering to just "fate" determined it i don't know if we will get a full on explanation as to why he finally decided to but keep it simple no reason to expand on it because in the end won't most people be content with the fact that they are back in the band.

I'm just wondering if people were to really press him on why he had Slash sentenced to death for all those years, but now its all good in the hood.

Or if they press him on asking if a reunion is an admission of failure of sorts, and proof the replacement line-up did not work.

How does that go?

In a perfect world, I would hope Axl can laugh that sort of talk off.  Perhaps deflect it somewhat, and try and steer it back to the fact things are good now.

I?m not so sure we will see a huge press conference and some kind of world wide event. That seems outdated these days. Most likely I expect a very long interview with Del James. They could put it in their oficial website for the whole world to see.

Or both Del James and Eddie Trunk could host some Youtube event with the whole band sitting around a table or sitting around a sofa mostly chatting and fooling around. It doesn?t have to be a CIA like interrogation  press conference.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 02:43:36 AM by Princess Leia » Logged
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #332 on: December 01, 2015, 02:52:12 AM »

How does that go?

I?m not so sure we will see a huge press conference and some kind of world wide event. That seems outdated these days. Most likely I expect a very long interview with Del James. They could put it in their oficial website for the whole world to see.

Or both Del James and Eddie Trunk could host some Youtube event with the whole band sitting around a table or sitting around a sofa mostly chatting and fooling around. It doesn?t have to be a CIA like interrogation  press conference.

On most things New Guns I'd agree with you. Axl tried the 'big reveal' at the VMAs. Never personally thought it was as bad a showing as the shit he got for it, but I guess a 6/10 performance when people haven't seen you in almost ten years could indeed have been a career killer.

I just think if the Axl/Slash/Duff thing proved true, its announcement would HAVE to be something with all 3 of them involved. Talk show appearance/performance maybe? Something prerecorded where they have a chance to retake and get it just right. That said they could just as well put up a youtube video with a clip montage of the old days, the three of them sat there "Hi I'm Axl/Slash/Duff, we're touring in 2016" *prolonged fart* and still sell out most of the venues in the world at the drop of a hat.

It'd be nice to see it done right though. Biggest event of 80s kids musical lifetimes. It deserves all the excitement that could come with it. But Super Bowl, anything like that, I'd say no. I still don't believe it's happening, but if it did, there first performance back after all these years should be something all the fans are proud to share around. Something they had a chance to get just right. Something prerecorded, basically.
Princess Leia
« Reply #333 on: December 01, 2015, 03:50:11 AM »

How does that go?

On most things New Guns I'd agree with you. Axl tried the 'big reveal' at the VMAs. Never personally thought it was as bad a showing as the shit he got for it, but I guess a 6/10 performance when people haven't seen you in almost ten years could indeed have been a career killer.

I just think if the Axl/Slash/Duff thing proved true, its announcement would HAVE to be something with all 3 of them involved. Talk show appearance/performance maybe? Something prerecorded where they have a chance to retake and get it just right. That said they could just as well put up a youtube video with a clip montage of the old days, the three of them sat there "Hi I'm Axl/Slash/Duff, we're touring in 2016" *prolonged fart* and still sell out most of the venues in the world at the drop of a hat.

It'd be nice to see it done right though. Biggest event of 80s kids musical lifetimes. It deserves all the excitement that could come with it. But Super Bowl, anything like that, I'd say no. I still don't believe it's happening, but if it did, there first performance back after all these years should be something all the fans are proud to share around. Something they had a chance to get just right. Something prerecorded, basically.

I don?t see a Super Bowl event either. But if DX and others want answers from Axl about some controversial things. CIA like questions/interrogation is not gonna get it done. All we?re gonna get is a pissed off Axl and nobody wants that.

What we need if for Axl is to be relaxed, enjoying the moment. So creat a confortable environment, talk about whatever. Make sure he is having fun. That way he is gonna lower the guard. If he wants to tell jokes then let him. And one word brings another. Then next thing you know he is gonna give you the answers you?re looking for.
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #334 on: December 01, 2015, 08:36:20 AM »

I just don't see why there'd have to be an interview at all. A press release sure, a video maybe. But assuming a reunion happened what is there to ask? Why now, why the bad blood went away? Given that we never really got a straight answer on why things disintegrated in the first place I don't see why anyone would expect those kind of answers. Get up, play and let the music do the talking.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #335 on: December 01, 2015, 09:14:23 AM »

Does anybody remember when Van Halen tried to reunite at the VMAs?
I'm sure that seemed like a great idea, on paper.

/jarmo

Princess Leia
« Reply #336 on: December 01, 2015, 09:20:27 AM »

I just don't see why there'd have to be an interview at all. A press release sure, a video maybe. But assuming a reunion happened what is there to ask? Why now, why the bad blood went away? Given that we never really got a straight answer on why things disintegrated in the first place I don't see why anyone would expect those kind of answers. Get up, play and let the music do the talking.

Well there are things I?d like to know. For example, was Duff the peacemaker?  What made them to change their minds?

I don?t think that Axl just woke up one day and he said "Hey I feel like doing a reunion tour now". Something like this it doesn?t happen overnight. And it?s not somthing that came out of nowhere.

I don?t mean they have to give us every detail. But I think as a band they have to give some information on the matter.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #337 on: December 01, 2015, 09:22:11 AM »

Glad im not the only one who thinks he speaks in half circles... and trying to figure out what he's saying half the time. It's like he's so damn guarded that he feels he needs to not be specific about whatever it is hes saying that most of the time its just a big spiel that never gets to the end point.

I still think the alltimer is the one where he explains how we came up with the lyrics to 'Oh My God'.

The guy pushing the shopping cart of cans down the street made more sense.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #338 on: December 01, 2015, 09:23:44 AM »

Does anybody remember when Van Halen tried to reunite at the VMAs?
I'm sure that seemed like a great idea, on paper.

And then remember when they did reunite, did multiple tours and even released an album?

Pepperidge Farm remembers...

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #339 on: December 01, 2015, 09:29:16 AM »

Well there are things I?d like to know. For example, was Duff the peacemaker?  What made them to change their minds?

I don?t think that Axl just woke up one day and he said "Hey I feel like doing a reunion tour now". Something like this it doesn?t happen overnight. And it?s not somthing that came out of nowhere.

I don?t mean they have to give us every detail. But I think as a band they have to give some information on the matter.

I guess so. Personally I'd say 'save that stuff for when it's all over and put it in your next biographies'. If a reunion happened, it just seems like it'd be such a fragile thing that could dissipate at any minute, the less said the better. Less said is less to argue about and fall out over.  Wink

Speaking of books though, mildly off topic, something I'd love to see someday is one of those exhaustive 'the band's story in their own word's type things like The Stones and Aerosmith did.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: