Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:37:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Reunion Tour???
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reunion Tour???  (Read 154236 times)
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #300 on: November 30, 2015, 02:38:24 PM »

Ya know i gotta give the powers that be whomever that may be for being able to keep things so tight lipped. Whether a reunion does or doesn't happen the fact that nobody outside of Vicky Hamilton who shot this whole thing down. we all look at it as like why don't they come out and say something pro or against reunion that all your getting is rumors of alleged concerts they are doing. My guess is that the only people who know exactly what is going on is obviously Axl and i guess what people refer to as Team Brazil on here thats it is my guess. Can someone get the guys from Anonymous on the line to see if they can hack into Axl's email lol jk of course
Princess Leia
« Reply #301 on: November 30, 2015, 02:39:17 PM »

That?s one of my favorite RS songs. Thank you!  Kiss
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #302 on: November 30, 2015, 02:44:42 PM »

De nada. Great song and a title to take into consideration.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #303 on: November 30, 2015, 02:49:07 PM »

Ya know i gotta give the powers that be whomever that may be for being able to keep things so tight lipped. Whether a reunion does or doesn't happen the fact that nobody outside of Vicky Hamilton who shot this whole thing down. we all look at it as like why don't they come out and say something pro or against reunion that all your getting is rumors of alleged concerts they are doing. My guess is that the only people who know exactly what is going on is obviously Axl and i guess what people refer to as Team Brazil on here thats it is my guess. Can someone get the guys from Anonymous on the line to see if they can hack into Axl's email lol jk of course

Do you ever consider Axl miht be trying to talk himself into it?

Like, everyone else is down, and they are just waiting for him to sign on?

Because, honestly, I think the biggest problem with all this would be how Axl addresses the past 15 years. 

No matter how nicely the phrasing, he's going to get many a variation on "So, does it feel better to be back with the real band?"

Now I know, I know.  We have people that object STRENUOUSLY to such talk.  But I think it foolish to think that would not be asked of him.

How does he react?  Laugh it off?  Flip the fuck out?  Refuse all interview requests because he does not want to address any of it?

My money would be on Option C in that scenario.  If all this comes off, I still don't see Axl suddenly becoming accessible.   

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #304 on: November 30, 2015, 03:03:34 PM »

I'm hoping someone can clarify this as i m not exactly how tours can get booked but is it possible that the promoters of these shows can  hold a spot for a band like GNR in case they do reform then they can say ok they are in then in a few months if they don't they can just go with more assured bands for these shows?

It all depends on the festivals I suppose.

I remember the 2006 edition of Rock Am Ring in Germany, GN'R played a late set. They were booked to play after midnight. It doesn't seem like a "normal" thing for a festival to book a band that is scheduled for a late show like that, so maybe they had three headliners, and then added GN'R to the bill?

Obviously, sometimes you can't do this if you have a curfew. And I suspect some bands/artists might get booked to be the headliner, so then changing that might not be possible.

Imagine if you're told you're the last band of the festival, only to realize another band has been added to the bill. It might cause some issues...

/jarmo

I have never been there, but if im not mistaken Rock am Ring has always their last band to play after midnight.

I remember watching thier live stream and they had Rammstein in the evening and after them they had Them Crooked Vultures to close the festival, they started after midnight and played for 1,5 hours.

Fun fact, the festival is held inside of the Formula 1 circuit Nurburgring, The horizontally long building next to the stage is the pitlane building.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #305 on: November 30, 2015, 03:31:18 PM »

Maybe. I just remember when GN'R was announced in 2006 they specifically mentioned the later show time.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #306 on: November 30, 2015, 03:34:28 PM »

Do you ever consider Axl miht be trying to talk himself into it?

Like, everyone else is down, and they are just waiting for him to sign on?

Because, honestly, I think the biggest problem with all this would be how Axl addresses the past 15 years. 

No matter how nicely the phrasing, he's going to get many a variation on "So, does it feel better to be back with the real band?"

Now I know, I know.  We have people that object STRENUOUSLY to such talk.  But I think it foolish to think that would not be asked of him.

How does he react?  Laugh it off?  Flip the fuck out?  Refuse all interview requests because he does not want to address any of it?

My money would be on Option C in that scenario.  If all this comes off, I still don't see Axl suddenly becoming accessible.   

Couldn't Axl just say it was just the right time things came together or i could picture axl refering to just "fate" determined it i don't know if we will get a full on explanation as to why he finally decided to but keep it simple no reason to expand on it because in the end won't most people be content with the fact that they are back in the band.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #307 on: November 30, 2015, 03:37:31 PM »

Option D. Axl will never please some.

Grin

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #308 on: November 30, 2015, 03:54:31 PM »

Hopefully now that Slash's tour is over and the Holiday weekend has passed, we'll hear something official about 2016 soon.  Be it about a reunion tour, new album...Or the less likely yet totally mind blowing BOTH answer.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #309 on: November 30, 2015, 04:06:44 PM »

Couldn't Axl just say it was just the right time things came together or i could picture axl refering to just "fate" determined it i don't know if we will get a full on explanation as to why he finally decided to but keep it simple no reason to expand on it because in the end won't most people be content with the fact that they are back in the band.

That's probably the spin I would put on it, in his spot.

I'm just wondering if people were to really press him on why he had Slash sentenced to death for all those years, but now its all good in the hood.

Or if they press him on asking if a reunion is an admission of failure of sorts, and proof the replacement line-up did not work.

How does that go?

In a perfect world, I would hope Axl can laugh that sort of talk off.  Perhaps deflect it somewhat, and try and steer it back to the fact things are good now.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #310 on: November 30, 2015, 04:11:00 PM »

I'm just wondering if people were to really press him on why he had Slash sentenced to death for all those years, but now its all good in the hood.

Or if they press him on asking if a reunion is an admission of failure of sorts, and proof the replacement line-up did not work.

How does that go?

In a perfect world, I would hope Axl can laugh that sort of talk off.  Perhaps deflect it somewhat, and try and steer it back to the fact things are good now.

Most interviews are pre-scripted these days and the interviewee is aware of what will be asked beforehand.. so id expect Axl (if he ever gives another interview) to be on point with this.

Axl talks in circles anyway, half the things he says are very roundabout... its like he speaks in code half the time.  Wink
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #311 on: November 30, 2015, 04:19:37 PM »

How does that go?

Most interviews are pre-scripted these days and the interviewee is aware of what will be asked beforehand.. so id expect Axl (if he ever gives another interview) to be on point with this.

Axl talks in circles anyway, half the things he says are very roundabout... its like he speaks in code half the time.  Wink

It may be your perception that he "talks in circles" - I have a different opinion, you can't blame him for being cautious with media/press.

LOL @"speaking in code"

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #312 on: November 30, 2015, 04:19:54 PM »

If it happens. Yes, he could.

People think it's all "Axl this, Axl that". It's not only about him.
Some of the others basically spent years talking about how it was impossible to work with Axl....

/jarmo

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #313 on: November 30, 2015, 04:21:15 PM »

How does that go?

It may be your perception that he "talks in circles" - I have a different opinion, you can't blame him for being cautious with media/press.

LOL @"speaking in code"

LOL at the "revelation" that you have a different opinion.

Shocking stuff that.  Shocked
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #314 on: November 30, 2015, 04:22:52 PM »

If it happens. Yes, he could.

People think it's all "Axl this, Axl that". It's not only about him.
Some of the others basically spent years talking about how it was impossible to work with Axl....

/jarmo

You answered the question on the second line buddy.

The reason its "always about Axl", is because he rarely speaks. Why does it have to be such a negative thing that people are interested in hearing from him?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #315 on: November 30, 2015, 04:23:20 PM »

Yeah, that's why I never understood all this desire for his autobiography.  Imagine trying to make sense of that.

As for doing press, I think one of the best features of any sort of reunion is that Slash and Duff are willing to do some press.  Spares Axl doing something he hates.

So when you ask why there are no interviews, we don't have be told Axl just gave that interview to Billboard.  In the spring.  Of 2009.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #316 on: November 30, 2015, 04:26:17 PM »

How does that go?

LOL @"speaking in code"

I'm sure he is cautious with the press/media when he talks or communicates with such in an insidious and calculated effort to frustrate and confuse you. It's a plot  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #317 on: November 30, 2015, 04:31:47 PM »

How does that go?

LOL @"speaking in code"

I'm sure he is cautious with the press/media when he talks or communicates with such in an insidious and calculated effort to frustrate and confuse you. It's a plot  hihi

Nice spin.

Keep waving those pom poms darling.  Kiss
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #318 on: November 30, 2015, 04:36:35 PM »

Yeah, that's why I never understood all this desire for his autobiography.  Imagine trying to make sense of that.

As for doing press, I think one of the best features of any sort of reunion is that Slash and Duff are willing to do some press.  Spares Axl doing something he hates.

So when you ask why there are no interviews, we don't have be told Axl just gave that interview to Billboard.  In the spring.  Of 2009.

Glad im not the only one who thinks he speaks in half circles... and trying to figure out what he's saying half the time. It's like he's so damn guarded that he feels he needs to not be specific about whatever it is hes saying that most of the time its just a big spiel that never gets to the end point.

The one thing that annoys me from those web chats in 2008 was that he was going to address the "mistruths" and get that "stuff out there"..and it never really happened. We still to this day dont have a proper explanation for The falling out from his side. We got Slash's take in his book, we got some of it from Duff in his book.. but the end game is this... its all about Axl because he rarely speaks, and when he does.. most people walk away thinking... "what did we get from that"Huh

At 52 years of age, you would think that hed have just put his version out there, and like most issues... that would have clarified things there and then.

But anyway.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #319 on: November 30, 2015, 05:04:05 PM »

You answered the question on the second line buddy.

The reason its "always about Axl", is because he rarely speaks. Why does it have to be such a negative thing that people are interested in hearing from him?

No, I didn't answer the question.
You missed the point.

Some are going on about how Axl would handle a hypothetical interview asking him why he could reunite with those guys. The same could be said about them.
I'll explain it even more so you don't get confused about me talking in circles: If Axl can be asked "but you said ________, what changed?", so can the others.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: