Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:30:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Reunion Tour???
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reunion Tour???  (Read 154184 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #180 on: November 16, 2015, 02:03:19 PM »

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rumor-guns-n-roses-reunion-wont-be-all-original-members/

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #181 on: November 16, 2015, 02:04:40 PM »

Last update on GNR facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/gunsnroses/photos/a.355783028068.156550.10901008068/10153741390523069/?type=3&theater
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 02:12:45 PM by RnT » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #182 on: November 16, 2015, 03:27:15 PM »

Guess there were no pics of wacky tattoos in the inbox today.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #183 on: November 16, 2015, 03:39:38 PM »

It's Monday.

I think the hashtag #TatTuesday kinda gives you a clue why there was no GN'R tattoo pic today...... Or should i explain it? Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #184 on: November 17, 2015, 05:42:20 AM »

But the biggest clue must be that Jarmo is not deleting all these topics about a reunion in the main GN'R section nervous confused

[/sarcasm]

Ok lets play the game a little more. What do guys expect would happen to the CD songs... would we still hear them live? The naive way of seeing it would be "of course no, because Slash would not want to play someone else's solos". But then again, I have always thought of how those songs would sound with Slash (or with two guitarists anyway), and it would be interesting to hear some of the songs played by a lineup that has been in the rumours mill lately. And we know that Duff already knows how to play some of them ok

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
overmatik
« Reply #185 on: November 21, 2015, 01:35:05 AM »

Scott has talked again about the reunion rumours:

"I?m sure that there have been conversations with the guys, the [former] Guns N? Roses players, and Axl, because I?ve heard from several informants that they were planning a reunion tour."

http://www.alternativenation.net/scott-weiland-gnr-reunion-album-how-stp-could-create-new-memories/
Annie
« Reply #186 on: November 21, 2015, 02:46:41 PM »

Scott has talked again about the reunion rumours:

"I?m sure that there have been conversations with the guys, the [former] Guns N? Roses players, and Axl, because I?ve heard from several informants that they were planning a reunion tour."

http://www.alternativenation.net/scott-weiland-gnr-reunion-album-how-stp-could-create-new-memories/
Ah, my favorite clickbait sight continues to misinform the world.
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #187 on: November 23, 2015, 11:22:24 AM »

So you guys are going to have to keep waiting for my thoughts on Meatloaf, Bob Seger and The Boss. More important stuff keeps coming up. Like the Guns N' Roses reunion, which is probably the most important thing ever.

Or not. It?s widely known that Guns N' Roses are my favorite band ever. When I woke up the other morning, I had about 16 texts telling me that the last truly great rock & roll band were getting back together.

Except, it?s not actually a reunion. Duff and Slash will (allegedly) be rejoining Axl, Dizzy and whoever is standing in for Steven/Matt and Izzy/Gilby. A reunion in my mind, has to include all five of the original Appetite-era boys. Even if it can?t get that, it helps to include the two hired guns that even my grandmother has heard of, not whoever Axl has conned into putting up with his shit this week.

Guns N' Roses were the last truly great rock & roll band. Who else has come along since that has even come close?

Nirvana? Please. I?m endlessly grateful to Nirvana for making me aware that punk rock exists. As a cultural phenomenon, they have value. As a band, they were lackluster.

The White Stripes? Shut the hell up, you normie twat.

Few albums are 100 percent solid from start to finish, but Appetite for Destruction is one of those records. There?s not a dull moment on the entire record, from the echo-ed out intro to ?Welcome to the Jungle? (one of the few overplayed songs that never gets old) to the soulful strains of Axl fucking some broad in the studio on ?Rocket Queen.?

I can only think of a couple more records with the kind of batting average Appetite has. Even those records that are 100 percent solid from start to finish (Boston?s self-titled debut and ...And Out Come the Wolves come to mind) still aren?t as good, pound for pound, as that first effort from Axl and the boys.

This isn?t a Guns N' Roses reunion. It?s just the latest chapter in Axl Rose?s solo career.
People will be trash-talking the Use Your Illusion twins for the rest of time, but I think they age like a fine wine. Some of the band?s best work appears on Use Your Illusion I. I?m talking about ?Dust ?N Bones,? ?Bad Obsession? and ?Garden of Eden.? Use Your Illusion II is no slouch, either with ?Shotgun Blues,? ?Get In the Ring? and ?You Could Be Mine.?

The band failed on the Illusions only where their reach exceeded their grasp. ?My World? made no sense in 1991, but sounds like a bizarre Nine Inch Nails outtake today. ?November Rain? is a misguided attempt at Queen worship. Both versions of ?Don?t Cry? are fine, but did we really need both? And the less said about flying dolphins the better.

"The Spaghetti Incident?? followed, the first effort with Gilby Clarke. It?s good, but not great. The first time I ever heard songs by Fear, The Misfits, The Stooges, The Dead Boys and The New York Dolls was on there, but it?s hard to deny that something significant was missing by this point.

That something was the dope, booze and floozy-fueled magic that propelled the first record. There?s something about the low life, even the bits of it the boys took with them to the top, that was necessary. Something that only the original members of Guns N Roses have to offer the world. It?s not even really about the songs. It?s about the guys playing them, and the chemistry they have with each other.

So Axl can hire people to play the notes. And he can re-hire some of the original Gunners (two of the most important, in fact) to spice things up and get the ball rolling in a more exciting direction. But this isn?t a Guns N' Roses reunion. It?s just the latest chapter in Axl Rose?s solo career. It might be the best thing they?ve done in the last 25 years, and that?s not nothing. But it?s also not enough to get me all that fired up

http://www.laweekly.com/music/unpopular-opinion-i-dont-care-about-guns-n-roses-reuniting-6296602
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #188 on: November 23, 2015, 11:24:49 AM »

Slash says:

"2016 will be a big year !!!!!!!"   rofl hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi beer

http://www.alternativenation.net/slash-hints-at-guns-n-roses-reunion-tour/
Princess Leia
« Reply #189 on: November 23, 2015, 03:22:04 PM »

Why Alternative Nation feels the need to post a fake picture of Axl and Slash when there are tons of real ones?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #190 on: November 23, 2015, 03:35:44 PM »

Why Alternative Nation feels the need to post a fake picture of Axl and Slash when there are tons of real ones?

Hahaha.  Sort of weird.

But, also to sort of prepare people for the here and now.  Can't run some photo of them form 1991, cause that ain't what you are getting.

I've been wondering how it goes for that guy that has not paid attention to Axl in forever.  He hears about this and calls up some more recent Youtube clips of him singing.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #191 on: November 24, 2015, 08:39:30 AM »

Probably copyright.  Wouldn't be a smart move to use images for commercial that aren't properly accounted for, best bet create your own  Wink
Annie
« Reply #192 on: November 24, 2015, 08:43:24 AM »

Probably copyright.  Wouldn't be a smart move to use images for commercial that aren't properly accounted for, best bet create your own  Wink
Alternative nation is a crappy clickbait website with no integrity that likes to stir shit up.  That's why!!!
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #193 on: November 24, 2015, 10:02:10 AM »

But what is the actual law as far as likeness or image is concerned?

Honest question if anyone has the answer.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #194 on: November 24, 2015, 10:53:13 AM »

Seems weird to use a clearly photoshopped image. 

That seems like an area best avoided as part of a "slippery slope" type argument.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #195 on: November 24, 2015, 12:34:57 PM »

It's quite amazing how many articles on the same subject that site has managed to post in just a few months.

And in reality, we still know as much as we did back then!  hihi

Well, I guess now we know what Nikki Sixx thinks... Which obviously is important to know. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #196 on: November 24, 2015, 09:50:03 PM »

It's quite amazing how many articles on the same subject that site has managed to post in just a few months.

And in reality, we still know as much as we did back then!  hihi

Well, I guess now we know what Nikki Sixx thinks... Which obviously is important to know. Wink

/jarmo

And don't forget Scott Weiland.....and rando friend of Duffs wife!! :p

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #197 on: November 24, 2015, 10:32:02 PM »

Can't wait for a reunion, it's kinda to weird, I guess they will dig up Ole's body!?

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #198 on: November 24, 2015, 10:37:42 PM »

Can't wait for a reunion, it's kinda to weird, I guess they will dig up Ole's body!?

:Gasp: How dare you insinuate that my favorite lineup wasn't "original" I don't care what is actual history, I want my delusions, myths, and fairy tales.  crying

hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #199 on: November 24, 2015, 10:39:36 PM »

And don't forget Scott Weiland.....and rando friend of Duffs wife!! :p

What, you don't think she came off like a sharp tack?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: