Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:29:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Reunion Tour???
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reunion Tour???  (Read 154176 times)
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #140 on: November 13, 2015, 02:55:46 PM »

Keith Richards has done enough drugs to kill everyone in GN?R 10 times over, and could die any day now of old age.
The Rolling Stones still trot him out there, because he (along with Mick and the gang) is the Rolling Stones.

Could Adler overdose and die onstage?
Sure, I guess that?s a possibility, but as Lt. Vincent Hanna would say, you can get killed walking your doggie.

Does Keith Richards play drums for the Stones?  Keith and Mick are the Stones, much like Axl and Slash are Guns.  It's a hard truth, but typically the drummer is the least important (and most replaceable) band member.  By not having Steven there (or only for a limited amount of shows) does not devalue the reunion (at least for me).
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: November 13, 2015, 02:59:40 PM »

I think Izzy is more of a risk than Adler.  Adler is a risk to relapse but he's not a risk to quit and he's not a risk to dog it when he does show up.  And even if he relapses, replacing him with Matt is seamless.  Izzy walked out on Guns right before a major tour (was mailing it in right up until he did quit), walked out on his own band (JuJu Hounds), walked out when VR was getting started and, per Axl, was not reliable with his recent appearances with the new lineup.  

You could say replacing Izzy mid-tour with Gilby would be just as simple, but 1 - I'm not so sure about that, and 2 - losing Izzy mid-tour would be a big loss because, compared to Adler, having Izzy on board is a much bigger draw for selling this reunion.  If Izzy is in and then suddenly isn't, that's a big blow, especially to those fans who would have already bought tickets, who will be pissed.  

LGD, I know you're being facetious with the Keith comparison, that's nuts, I don't care how many drugs that guy has done, since James Brown's death, he holds the throne for hardest working man in show business.  
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #142 on: November 13, 2015, 03:34:58 PM »

I think Izzy is more of a risk than Adler.  Adler is a risk to relapse but he's not a risk to quit and he's not a risk to dog it when he does show up.  And even if he relapses, replacing him with Matt is seamless.  Izzy walked out on Guns right before a major tour (was mailing it in right up until he did quit), walked out on his own band (JuJu Hounds), walked out when VR was getting started and, per Axl, was not reliable with his recent appearances with the new lineup.  

You could say replacing Izzy mid-tour with Gilby would be just as simple, but 1 - I'm not so sure about that, and 2 - losing Izzy mid-tour would be a big loss because, compared to Adler, having Izzy on board is a much bigger draw for selling this reunion.  If Izzy is in and then suddenly isn't, that's a big blow, especially to those fans who would have already bought tickets, who will be pissed.  

LGD, I know you're being facetious with the Keith comparison, that's nuts, I don't care how many drugs that guy has done, since James Brown's death, he holds the throne for hardest working man in show business.  

I didn't realize this.  Where did Axl talk about this?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #143 on: November 13, 2015, 03:48:20 PM »

Very good points.

Although I didn't know that about him blowing off Axl lately.  I did wonder why he was at all those 2006 shows, then none after that.

Is that why?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #144 on: November 13, 2015, 04:40:12 PM »

Very good points.

Although I didn't know that about him blowing off Axl lately.  I did wonder why he was at all those 2006 shows, then none after that.

Is that why?

I picked that up from Axl's Del James interview in 2009:

The Izzy bit was fun -- and also fun because we didn't have to rely on him in any way, which is how he prefers things and works better for everyone. That said, you never knew if Izzy would be there or not or if he'd remember the song or decide to leave early. It didn't cause any problems, because we were doing our show regardless and didn't have to depend on anything, but it did open everyone's eyes a bit and blow minds.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #145 on: November 13, 2015, 05:09:11 PM »

Just a FYI, Izzy played with GN'R after that 2006 tour, in 2012.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #146 on: November 13, 2015, 05:48:13 PM »

Let me pose a question to all in this forum lets and this is in regards to the drummer position only if a reunion does happen is everyone just wanting to hear the old band play the old songs again or would you possibly like to hear the guys like slash and duff playing some of the chi dem stuff which in that case your best bet would be frank because he has played all the songs AFD, UYI and Chin Dem. Personally speaking id like to hear those guys play on those newer songs to see how they sound on them songs like Better or Catcher or Sorry and can you imagine slash working that solo in This I Love i think would be pretty cool

If Slash can play Better why can't Steven or Matt? 

I think slash just has the better talent to play newer stuff then steven would be in playing the new stuff and from what it sounds like Matt might not even be an option if you go by what people are saying on here in regards to him being involved. Again this is just my opinion I would just question if Steven has even attempted the drum parts on any chi dem songs and if they are going to tour how long it would take him to learn them. You could be right that steven might be able to just don't know if he would have the time to learn any new stuff.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #147 on: November 13, 2015, 07:53:01 PM »

If Vikki Hamilton says it's not happening, then it looks like its off....maybe we can get a former doorman from the whiskey to confirm this? The hot dog guy at pinky's probably has some good intel too.  hihi

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #148 on: November 13, 2015, 08:32:22 PM »

If Vikki Hamilton says it's not happening, then it looks like its off....maybe we can get a former doorman from the whiskey to confirm this? The hot dog guy at pinky's probably has some good intel too.  hihi

I'm waiting to see who chimes in next.

Any guesses? Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #149 on: November 13, 2015, 08:41:29 PM »

Any guesses? Cheesy

Axl, hopefully.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #150 on: November 13, 2015, 10:28:06 PM »

Just a FYI, Izzy played with GN'R after that 2006 tour, in 2012.

/jarmo

Yep, November 23rd. I was there.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #151 on: November 13, 2015, 10:40:30 PM »

Any guesses? Cheesy

Alice Cooper
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #152 on: November 13, 2015, 11:17:45 PM »

Any guesses? Cheesy
Slashs friends uncle's friends college roommate

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #153 on: November 13, 2015, 11:37:42 PM »

Slash said this about Future Plans- In a recent interview.

6) What does future hold for Slash ft. Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators?

I'm very excited to go out on this next leg, which is the last leg of the "World On Fire" tour with MTV Indies Xtreme, and then going back into the studio and doing the next album and hitting the road after that

"Shut the fuck up."
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #154 on: November 13, 2015, 11:47:20 PM »

I'm very excited to go out on this next leg, which is the last leg of the "World On Fire" tour with MTV Indies Xtreme, and then going back into the studio and doing the next album and hitting the road after that

Thats a reason I have been saying there wont even be close to any reunion until 2017..

So what about 2016?

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #155 on: November 14, 2015, 01:07:28 AM »

Thats a reason I have been saying there wont even be close to any reunion until 2017..

So what about 2016?

Guess we will have to wait and see  ok

"Shut the fuck up."
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #156 on: November 14, 2015, 01:19:56 AM »

What would people like more?

1) A reunion in 2017, with no official announcement regarding it until 2017

2) A reunion in 2017, with a official announcement regarding it, as soon as possible.  With a total hype machine in full effect until the first concert

Pick 2 for me
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #157 on: November 14, 2015, 04:10:34 AM »

What would people like more?

1) A reunion in 2017, with no official announcement regarding it until 2017

2) A reunion in 2017, with a official announcement regarding it, as soon as possible.  With a total hype machine in full effect until the first concert

Pick 2 for me

well 2 would be more fun. my dad bought me some games for xmas in 98. parasite eve and kartia for ps1. i chose them, so i knew what they were. he hid them under his mattress. dont mess with them. if you do and i find out, you cant have them. every day after elementary school when he was at work, i peeked. i picked them up, looked them over, imagined what they might be like... i was dying to play them. then i put them back. it was a fun experience, i knew it was coming and when it did, that christmas, boy was it awesome.

but something like a reunion or album is kind of different. things can and do go wrong all the time with stuff like that. so i can see not wanting to let anyone down.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #158 on: November 14, 2015, 07:24:26 AM »

Look it

https://www.facebook.com/Guns-N-Roses-Reunion-2016-932287826849436/
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #159 on: November 14, 2015, 07:34:35 AM »

Somebody made a Facebook page. That must be a sign!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: