Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:38:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Reunion Tour???
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reunion Tour???  (Read 154241 times)
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2015, 12:01:33 PM »

You guys are being naive if you hope they won't be expensive...

Of course tickets will be expensive... and they should be !

There is nothing wrong with them getting whatever they can for tickets... (if it happens)

Not hoping, just stating plainly what/how much I'd pay or not pay for.  Having seen both classic and post-classic lineups, I already know that for me one isn't worth 10 times more than the other.  If they can get people to show up for ridiculously obscene prices, good for them, but it won't be from me.  I've already seen them back in the day for $35, why would I pay 20-30 times that to see them now, will they be that much better?  Will they even be as good?  
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #121 on: November 13, 2015, 12:02:05 PM »

I was wondering about why Izzy , Steven and Matt are out of the meeting.

In this hypothetical, Axl most likely doesn't want to tell Frank and Richard to take a hike.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2015, 12:04:17 PM »

There is nothing wrong with them getting whatever they can for tickets... (if it happens)

Not hoping, just stating plainly what/how much I'd pay or not pay for.  Having seen both classic and post-classic lineups, I already know that for me one isn't worth 10 times more than the other.  If they can get people to show up for ridiculously obscene prices, good for them, but it won't be from me.  I've already seen them back in the day for $35, why would I pay 20-30 times that to see them now, will they be that much better?  Will they even be as good?  

Sure I am not telling you how to spend your money.

I wasn't fortunate enough to see them then, so I would go above and beyond, and obviously 20 years alter, you're not going tos ee anybody for 35 bux.

I have spent 150 bucks (something close to) to see Axl a few years ago, so seeing him with Slash and Duff , I'd have no issue with paying double or even triple for a great seat.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #123 on: November 13, 2015, 12:05:03 PM »

I?m under no delusions that tickets will be cheap.
Not a huge deal, but I?ve always felt the post Illusions GN?R shows were on the expensive side already, since it was Axl and 8 members I couldn?t give a shit less about.
Now I?d be paying to see Axl, Slash, Duff, and some others I couldn't give a shit less about. That?s an improvement, and worth some additional cash.
Just not the amount I always thought it would take to get tickets, most likely on the secondary market to see the classic lineup.
Paying huge money to see Fortus and Ferrer would feel like I was being duped. A true reunion would be far easier to justify.
I?m not cheap. It?s not even so much the amount. It?s about not wanting to feel like I?m being swindled.
And by the sounds of it, it?s exactly what would be happening. They would be counting on the idea that as long as they have Axl and Slash on stage together, that would be enough to bill it as something it isn?t to the general public. We?ll pay full price for an inferior product.

There?s far worse problems to have, especially as a GN?R fan, but it?s just odd they can?t seem to ever get out of their own way, and do anything right in the past 20 something years. It would still be a massive improvement and I?m sure a great show, but having Izzy involved would be fucking aces.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2015, 12:07:06 PM »

Not a huge deal, but I?ve always felt the post Illusions GN?R shows were on the expensive side already, since it was Axl and 8 members I couldn?t give a shit less about.
Now I?d be paying to see Axl, Slash, Duff, and some others I couldn't give a shit less about. That?s an improvement, and worth some additional cash.
Just not the amount I always thought it would take to get tickets, most likely on the secondary market to see the classic lineup.
Paying huge money to see Fortus and Ferrer would feel like I was being duped. A true reunion would be far easier to justify.
I?m not cheap. It?s not even so much the amount. It?s about not wanting to feel like I?m being swindled.
And by the sounds of it, it?s exactly what would be happening. They would be counting on the idea that as long as they have Axl and Slash on stage together, that would be enough to bill it as something it isn?t to the general public. We?ll pay full price for an inferior product.

There?s far worse problems to have, especially as a GN?R fan, but it?s just odd they can?t seem to ever get out of their own way, and do anything right in the past 20 something years. It would still be a massive improvement and I?m sure a great show, but having Izzy involved would be fucking aces.

I agree... I don't care about the drummer, even though I'd prefer Matt or Steven over Frank , for obvious reasons, they played the songs.

I also really hope Izzy makes it our for this if it goes down.

I was blasting 14 years TODAY on my way to work !

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2015, 12:07:42 PM »

I remember $15-$35 Tickets, I also remember $1 a gallon gasoline.  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #126 on: November 13, 2015, 12:13:22 PM »

There's just no way they'll get reputable promoters or be able to market those big time prices if the endeavor requires reliance on Izzy and Steve.  I love those guys and would of course rather see a show with them involved but the reality is that Izzy is a risk to disappear without explanation at any moment and as for Steve.. what more is there to say about him...
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: November 13, 2015, 12:17:04 PM »

I remember $15-$35 Tickets, I also remember $1 a gallon gasoline.  hihi

So to paraphrase the dad in Saturday Night Fever, these days $500 won't even buy you $35. 
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #128 on: November 13, 2015, 12:17:38 PM »

Just bring Matt and Steven. If Steven falls off the Wagon Matt can handle it all. Bring Izzy and Gilby for the same reasons.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #129 on: November 13, 2015, 12:19:33 PM »

Just bring Matt and Steven. If Steven falls off the Wagon Matt can handle it all. Bring Izzy and Gilby for the same reasons.

Right, and hand everyone a Playbill the night of the show with a note inside that says the understudy is performing tonight. 
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #130 on: November 13, 2015, 12:24:14 PM »

Matt is the clear cut winner in this race to me, he can handle all the material 9 I am sure he could dot he CD songs easy too), reliable- no personal or chemical dependency issues, and always good for a quote!

I think the thought is Axl wouldn't want to sack guys who have been with him such as Frank and Richard. Which could put the older drummers on the outs.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #131 on: November 13, 2015, 12:35:13 PM »

On a holiday a permanent vacation I'm livin on a cigarette with wine.  I'm never alone cause I got myself Yes I entertain myself all of the time.❤️❤️❤️

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #132 on: November 13, 2015, 01:53:09 PM »

I would still like to see Richard and Frank play with the old guys. Richard and Slash might make a really sick combo.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #133 on: November 13, 2015, 02:08:47 PM »

Don?t get me wrong, I would love to see the AFD 5, but I can see, at least with Steven, it?s a pure business risk decision.  What?s the upside with Steven there?  Are they going to be able to sell more tickets because of him?  Maybe?but does a marginal increase in ticket sales offset the obvious risks???  IMO, the potential negatives outweigh the positives, so I wouldn?t hold it against Axl and co. if they decide he?s just not worth the risk.  Obviously, you can?t take all risk out of a reunion.  But removing Steven (or limiting his involvement to a couple shows) takes away a big one.

I don?t think they wouldn?t offer it to Izzy?I just think he may have his own reasons for not wanting to do a full tour.  Also, I don?t think it?s Richard or Izzy.  They have been going with a 3 guitar approach for a while now.  I think Izzy and Richard could co-exist.
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #134 on: November 13, 2015, 02:09:11 PM »

I assume they're writting the press release now and assuming with quotes from Axl and Slash and what the plan is. My guess is as far as the lineup it would be Axl, Slash, Duff and Frank and 4tus with special guests from the appetite and illusion era  something like that. Personaly hope it's orignial 5 with Frank and 4tus to be available in Izzy and Adler can't hang.  

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #135 on: November 13, 2015, 02:30:33 PM »

Keith Richards has done enough drugs to kill everyone in GN?R 10 times over, and could die any day now of old age.
The Rolling Stones still trot him out there, because he (along with Mick and the gang) is the Rolling Stones.

Could Adler overdose and die onstage?
Sure, I guess that?s a possibility, but as Lt. Vincent Hanna would say, you can get killed walking your doggie.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #136 on: November 13, 2015, 02:32:21 PM »

Don?t get me wrong, I would love to see the AFD 5, but I can see, at least with Steven, it?s a pure business risk decision.  What?s the upside with Steven there?  Are they going to be able to sell more tickets because of him?  Maybe?but does a marginal increase in ticket sales offset the obvious risks???  IMO, the potential negatives outweigh the positives, so I wouldn?t hold it against Axl and co. if they decide he?s just not worth the risk.  Obviously, you can?t take all risk out of a reunion.  But removing Steven (or limiting his involvement to a couple shows) takes away a big one.

I don?t think they wouldn?t offer it to Izzy?I just think he may have his own reasons for not wanting to do a full tour.  Also, I don?t think it?s Richard or Izzy.  They have been going with a 3 guitar approach for a while now.  I think Izzy and Richard could co-exist.

Yeah I mean.. Izzy is tight with all three of the others. I don't think they would do this without asking him if he wants to join....

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #137 on: November 13, 2015, 02:39:44 PM »

Yeah I mean.. Izzy is tight with all three of the others. I don't think they would do this without asking him if he wants to join....

I don't think there's any doubt he was asked. Very likely he turned it down but said he'd do some shows. As far as Adler and Sorum. No question Adler will do it and probably sorum. If either isn't the drummer than it's a matter of they weren't invited...  which is kind of F'd up for Adler.  Unless he pissed off Duff so much when they played together a few years ago and Alder was a mess that Duff said he doesn't want him. Very possible

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #138 on: November 13, 2015, 02:43:44 PM »

Let me pose a question to all in this forum lets and this is in regards to the drummer position only if a reunion does happen is everyone just wanting to hear the old band play the old songs again or would you possibly like to hear the guys like slash and duff playing some of the chi dem stuff which in that case your best bet would be frank because he has played all the songs AFD, UYI and Chin Dem. Personally speaking id like to hear those guys play on those newer songs to see how they sound on them songs like Better or Catcher or Sorry and can you imagine slash working that solo in This I Love i think would be pretty cool
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #139 on: November 13, 2015, 02:53:06 PM »

Let me pose a question to all in this forum lets and this is in regards to the drummer position only if a reunion does happen is everyone just wanting to hear the old band play the old songs again or would you possibly like to hear the guys like slash and duff playing some of the chi dem stuff which in that case your best bet would be frank because he has played all the songs AFD, UYI and Chin Dem. Personally speaking id like to hear those guys play on those newer songs to see how they sound on them songs like Better or Catcher or Sorry and can you imagine slash working that solo in This I Love i think would be pretty cool

If Slash can play Better why can't Steven or Matt? 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: