Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:10:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What is Guns N Roses right now?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is Guns N Roses right now?  (Read 8645 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2015, 09:20:31 AM »

Hey Jarmo I certainly value your opinion in regards to GNR being that bumble and dj are gone going forward do you feel the band needs 3 guitar players in order to play Chinese democracy stuff and beyond or could axl bring in one guy to say go along with Richard and by no means am I hinting at slash. I'm just wondering if he thinks he could get by with 2 guitar players or he wants 3 like he has been doing for a while now?

Ever since the old band disbanded, it's been a three guitar band. So I'm assuming it still is.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2015, 10:39:19 AM »

I'd say two new guitarists or Robin back and a complete new guitarist.
as much as I wish Robin back, because I think he's the real Slash replacement, I don't think it will happen.

DJ was not really my cup of tea, I really enjoyed Ron because of his talent & his I-kick-you-in-da-butt-to-wake-up attitude,
I respected the weird genius Buckethead (the only one I've never seen live), and I'm kinda excited to know the names of the new guys.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Mathieu
Opening Act

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2015, 03:05:35 PM »

as much as I wish Robin back, because I think he's the real Slash replacement, I don't think it will happen.

DJ was not really my cup of tea, I really enjoyed Ron because of his talent & his I-kick-you-in-da-butt-to-wake-up attitude,
I respected the weird genius Buckethead (the only one I've never seen live), and I'm kinda excited to know the names of the new guys.

I also was never really happy with DJ in the band. I just observed he was bringing a lot of enthusiasm and energy to the band. That might have been what was needed back in 2009.

I'd be happy to see Robin returns again. It would be cool to finally hear him play This I Love at the shows and also on the new songs which I hope to hear next year. My personal preference for the 3rd guitarist would be Nita Strauss. Alice touring schedule is wrapping up in December. She seems quite pro and hard working. I have the impression Richard could actually play a lot of the complex guitar parts which were recorded by Buckethead and Ron.
Annie
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2015, 03:14:29 PM »

This randomly came up in my facebook feed. This guy Dr. Viossy blows Bumblefoot out of the water. Check out his version Of Beethoven's Moonlight sonata on Electric guitar.
Kinda cool since I have long considered Axl Rose to be the Beethoven of Rock Music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZuSaudKc68
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2015, 03:19:40 PM »

Question for the "hiatus" insisters.

'Mad Max : Beyond Thunderdome' came out in 1985.  After its release, director and creator George Miller did not come out and say that the series was over and will not be returning.  According to logic I've seen posted here about GNR, it would have been inaccurate to assume Miller was done, absent that declaration.

'Mad Max : Fury Road' came out in 2015.  Was the 'Mad Max' franchise on "hiatus"...for 30 years?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2015, 03:27:45 PM »

'Mad Max : Beyond Thunderdome' came out in 1985.  After its release, director and creator George Miller did not come out and say that the series was over and will not be returning.  According to logic I've seen posted here about GNR, it would have been inaccurate to assume Miller was done, absent that declaration.

'Mad Max : Fury Road' came out in 2015.  Was the 'Mad Max' franchise on "hiatus"...for 30 years?

Cool analogy.   ok  Much like Guns N Roses, I prefer the early years of the MAD MAX franchise.  I actually just saw someone driving down the street in a Mad Max interceptor the other day.

I wouldn't call the gap between MAD MAX movies a hiatus, since after a certain amount of time, it didn't appear there were any more films on the horizon.  More like a resurrection when the fourth movie appeared.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 03:30:52 PM by Bridge » Logged
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2015, 03:51:32 PM »

It?s not a hiatus?.a hiatus means that, when the gap in a sequence is over, the status quo resumes.  That?s not the case here.  Spin it however you want, but there have been multiple departures.  DJ ? gone.  Bumble ? gone, Tommy ? gone (yes folks, he?s out too).  When/if this break ends, things will not resume as normal.  It will be a completely different band, either as a reunion or with new members. 

Claiming this is a hiatus is trying to paint a picture that all is well and this is just a normal thing that bands do.  Did Tommy use the word hiatus???  No, he said ?we just all sort of left it in Vegas.?  Does that sound like a gap, intermission, interval, etc. to you?  Why is this so hard to accept?  It doesn?t mean it?s all over?but this clearly is not just a brief recess.

The band is on break and GNR will continue. How does that not equal a hiatus?

hiatus
[hahy-ey-tuh s]
noun, plural hiatuses, hiatus.
a break or interruption in the continuity of a work, series, action, etc.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2015, 03:55:25 PM »

Do the tweets again, Emily.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2015, 04:10:31 PM »

No thanks, they are posted you can scroll back and read them.

I may honor requests, but  not orders Wink

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2015, 04:14:52 PM »

Did you spend all those decades complaining about the lack of updates? Hoping to see Mel come back? Going on and on about how there'll never be a another great movie like the one from 1985? Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2015, 04:16:26 PM »

No thanks, they are posted you can scroll back and read them.

I may honor requests, but  not orders Wink

So was "hiatus" though.  I just assumed you were playing the hits here this afternoon.

Oh...there I go again.  Complaining about the setlist.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2015, 04:21:40 PM »

At least you're not posting about the band's reputation of canceling shows this year!

But who can forget the comedy classic from a while ago... The comparison between refugees crossing the sea and releasing an album. Gold!

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 04:23:46 PM by jarmo » Logged

DeN
Legend

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2015, 06:05:11 PM »

Nita Strauss is a solid guitarist but not a good fit for Guns IMO, too much traditional heavy rock/metal for my taste.
same for Dr.Viossy, reminds me the eighties and it's not the sound I'd like for Guns.

I live in 2015, I want the sound of 2015. even if it means less guitar and dubstep effects instead

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2015, 06:19:27 PM »

I live in 2015, I want the sound of 2015. even if it means less guitar and dubstep effects instead

Really?  I always thought this band was all about the guitars.

All incarnations of the band too.  The guitars are the best parts of CD, not Axl.

Annie
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2015, 06:41:33 PM »

Nita Strauss is a solid guitarist but not a good fit for Guns IMO, too much traditional heavy rock/metal for my taste.
same for Dr.Viossy, reminds me the eighties and it's not the sound I'd like for Guns.

Dr Viossy is totally rocking my world right now!  He is a virtuoso like Buckethead!
DeN
Legend

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2015, 12:43:33 PM »

All incarnations of the band too.  The guitars are the best parts of CD, not Axl.

I think there's a lot of piano too...

and Axl singing on CD is great, maybe except on Madagascar, if I remember correctly
there's an older version with way better singing IMO, matters of taste surely

DeN
Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2015, 12:50:00 PM »

Dr Viossy is totally rocking my world right now!  He is a virtuoso like Buckethead!

again, not a question of technical abilities. these days every serious guitarist has to be.

but I would prefer someone like Jim Martin from Faith No More. he's influenced by Jimmy Page,
Jimi Hendrix and David Gilmour. nobody thinks too much about this guy, but listening to Angel Dust
well...interesting choice for GUNS IMO.

Annie
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2015, 08:40:40 AM »

again, not a question of technical abilities. these days every serious guitarist has to be.

but I would prefer someone like Jim Martin from Faith No More. he's influenced by Jimmy Page,
Jimi Hendrix and David Gilmour. nobody thinks too much about this guy, but listening to Angel Dust
well...interesting choice for GUNS IMO.

DrViossy just has that something special. I was just mesmerized by youtube videos. can't imagine what it would be like to see him perform live. So much better than Bumblefoot!
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2015, 11:37:02 PM »

Can she define

Evolution again please
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2015, 11:38:43 PM »

I totally agree...   There are a couple of epic guitar tracks on CD.  That I would put in my own gnr top 10...   
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: