Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:04:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What is Guns N Roses right now?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is Guns N Roses right now?  (Read 8644 times)
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« on: November 09, 2015, 12:03:25 AM »

I feel like this time period is very fascinating in the GNR world and I am very interested in hearing people's opinions on this. When GNR last played dj and ron were in the band they are now gone so the current members are Axl, Richard, Dizzy, Chris and Frank tommy's status is up in the air but benefit of the doubt lets say he is still in. There are obviously a lot of rumors out there about some form of the original line up is or could be getting back together. There are certainly a few possibilities out there previous members coming back into the fold or new guitarists altogether. It is very interesting in that you haven't heard from really anyone whether it be slash or duff or even rumors of axl is in talks with this guitarist or that guitarist. So as the line in Sweet Child O mine goes "Where do we go now"?
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 12:15:02 AM »

Wow amazing topic.  For some reason this has never come up on this board in the last few months..... oh wait.  It has.  Dozens of times. 

Use the search button next time
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 01:06:53 AM »

hi?a?tus
hīˈādəs/
noun
a pause or gap in a sequence, series, or process.
"there was a brief hiatus in the war with France"
synonyms:   pause, break, gap, lacuna, interval, intermission, interlude, interruption, suspension, lull, respite, time out, time off, recess; informalbreather, letup
"the spring hiatus gave us time to rethink our next project"

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 04:45:48 AM »

it is many things, yet also no thing. it is the silent interval between thoughts. the place on the blackboard below the chalk that still exists as a clean slate despite being hidden below the writing. it is the vaccum out of which all manifestation arises and returns. the primordial will that insists on existing despite the resistance implied by the laws that govern existence and that  came to power long before any manifestation of matter appeared. the pure white light entering your window to gently awaken you on a sunday morning. the life force within you. the depths of a black hole, the depths of hell, the glimmer of the stars, and the stench that arises from the asphault on a rainy day. the sound a tree falling in the woods makes when no one is there to hear it. the fabric that ties one change into another and creates the illusion of consistency. the intuition that arises before thought or feeling enters and clouds your raw perceptive capabalities. the first and the last, alpha and omega. your mom. my mom. mother theresa. hamburgers, but not the kind from mcdonalds. hamburgers that actually rot when you leave them out for too long because bacteria are not afraid to eat them. did i mention your mom? the aliens that make plants green are also guns n roses. i cant prove their existence to you but you cant prove me wrong so we will call it even. but if you would just let them into your heart and believe, the scale would be tipped in my favor because i could use the idea of their existence against you by making you pay tribute and compelling you to feel guilty about things that are perfectly natural and that you should not feel guilty about such as... well you know. basically what many major religions have done to mankind. they are that, but also the seed of doubt planted in the furthest reaches of your consciousness that will someday set you free. did i mention your mom?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 04:50:58 AM by rj seitz » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 06:32:04 AM »

a Phoenix

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 07:16:27 AM »

A Facebook account posting pics of little kids wearing their shirts. They out out some tweets last night that are interesting.

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 07:18:50 AM »

A Facebook account posting pics of little kids wearing their shirts. They out out some tweets last night that are interesting.

Nope, GNR is a band on hiatus.

Posted these in the appropriate twitter thread too-

Guns N' Roses ✔ @gunsnroses
Of course today everyone is a jouranlist.
8:36 PM - 8 Nov 2015

What ever happened to no news is good news?
8:31 PM - 8 Nov 2015

If only they could read lips...
8:39 PM - 8 Nov 2015

Surely they'll read between the lines
8:44 PM - 8 Nov 2015

"Shut the fuck up."
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 07:34:45 AM »

The official facebook of the band just post nonsense about caricatures , tattoos, song snippets, and shit that does not matter to fans , it lacks a little more interesting posts about the band, who manages the official facebook page of the band?
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 07:37:07 AM »

The official facebook of the band just post nonsense about caricatures , tattoos, song snippets, and shit that does not matter to fans , it lacks a little more interesting posts about the band, who manages the official facebook page of the band?

What would you prefer they post until there is real news or an update ready?

"Shut the fuck up."
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2015, 09:07:18 AM »

It?s not a hiatus?.a hiatus means that, when the gap in a sequence is over, the status quo resumes.  That?s not the case here.  Spin it however you want, but there have been multiple departures.  DJ ? gone.  Bumble ? gone, Tommy ? gone (yes folks, he?s out too).  When/if this break ends, things will not resume as normal.  It will be a completely different band, either as a reunion or with new members. 

Claiming this is a hiatus is trying to paint a picture that all is well and this is just a normal thing that bands do.  Did Tommy use the word hiatus???  No, he said ?we just all sort of left it in Vegas.?  Does that sound like a gap, intermission, interval, etc. to you?  Why is this so hard to accept?  It doesn?t mean it?s all over?but this clearly is not just a brief recess.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2015, 09:25:17 AM »

It?s not a hiatus?.a hiatus means that, when the gap in a sequence is over, the status quo resumes.  That?s not the case here.  Spin it however you want, but there have been multiple departures.  DJ ? gone.  Bumble ? gone, Tommy ? gone (yes folks, he?s out too).  When/if this break ends, things will not resume as normal.  It will be a completely different band, either as a reunion or with new members. 

Claiming this is a hiatus is trying to paint a picture that all is well and this is just a normal thing that bands do.  Did Tommy use the word hiatus???  No, he said ?we just all sort of left it in Vegas.?  Does that sound like a gap, intermission, interval, etc. to you?  Why is this so hard to accept?  It doesn?t mean it?s all over?but this clearly is not just a brief recess.

You beat me to it...

Axl... he's on a hiatus... the band that was... is no more.

As we all wait so patiently to find out who is a member of Guns N roses going forward.  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2015, 11:33:49 AM »

You beat me to it...

Axl... he's on a hiatus... the band that was... is no more.

As we all wait so patiently to find out who is a member of Guns N roses going forward.  Smiley

Both are perfectly said

I would love to know who the guitar players are in my favorite band in the world are!!
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2015, 07:10:43 PM »

At the moment, there is no GNR. DJ and Bumblefoot are out. Tommy is most likely out.  I'm looking forward to next year and 2017 when Slash, Duff, and hopefully Izzy comes back.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2015, 07:12:07 PM »

Technically there's a GN'R until Axl says otherwise.
GN'R existed before Bumblefoot and Dj joined.... So just because they walked away doesn't mean the band ended.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2015, 09:30:25 PM »

If Guns N Roses was to produce a current line up poster for Christmas.  Who would be on it?
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2015, 07:17:56 AM »

ask Fernando, Beta, or maybe Jarmo

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2015, 07:52:45 AM »

If Guns N Roses was to produce a current line up poster for Christmas.  Who would be on it?

No Bumble or Dj.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2015, 09:02:23 AM »

Jarmo, what's your day to day like now that the band is taking a break?  Are you still involved in some respect, or will they contact you when/if it's time to start up again?  Note: if your only job is running this website and going on tour with Guns, that's pretty awesome.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2015, 09:06:00 AM »

No Bumble or Dj.

Hey Jarmo I certainly value your opinion in regards to GNR being that bumble and dj are gone going forward do you feel the band needs 3 guitar players in order to play Chinese democracy stuff and beyond or could axl bring in one guy to say go along with Richard and by no means am I hinting at slash. I'm just wondering if he thinks he could get by with 2 guitar players or he wants 3 like he has been doing for a while now?

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2015, 09:15:03 AM »

Guns N' Roses is currently an inactive operation at a crossroads as to how (if?) they will continue.

We are in 2003-2005 territory right now.  Back then, we didn't know who was in the band, or if there was a band.  When they were coming back, or if they were coming back.

It was great when they re-emerged in May 2006.  But that didn't miraculously turn 2003-2005 into active years in hindsight.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: