Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:15:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Scott Weiland GNR mention
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Weiland GNR mention  (Read 3363 times)
Thinizzy
Headliner

"I'm everywhere Focker"- Robert DeNiro

« on: November 08, 2015, 08:53:51 AM »

https://www.yahoo.com/music/s/scott-weiland-says-classic-guns-n-roses-lineup-204516980.html

"Senior citizens, although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, still serve a purpose." -Jim Carrey
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 10:27:39 AM »

I would have signed for a Velvet Revolver reunion... thanks Perla... thanks a lot !

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 04:38:47 PM »

Does it really matter what he says? He isn't an Axl Rose fan, he most likely has no idea of what actually is going on... He is just using his fame to make him sound important since his music isn't relevant and slash is doing better without him...

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 05:20:52 PM »

No one will trust anything anybody says unless it's from Axl or mgnt. Just another hint that it could be happening

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 05:25:13 PM »

How would Slashs ex have anything to do with stopping a VR reunion?  Was he really that wiped?  I wonder if she was also the reason Corey Taylor never got offered the gig.   MB she didn't like his makeup
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 08:37:55 PM »

Hearing about Scott Weiland talking about GNR always reminds me of this artice from 2007

According to GnrDaily.com, Matt Pains of Metromix Chicago recently interviewed VELVET REVOLVER frontman Scott Weiland. When asked about his relationship (or lack thereof) with GUNS N' ROSES singer Axl Rose, Weiland replied, "Oh, man. I have never spoken to him, but I've gotten messages from him through [VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES drummer] Matt Sorum. They speak every once in awhile.

I know that [Axl] was a fan of STP back in the early days of GUNS. Well, I guess it wasn't the early days; it was just sort of mid-days, early-mid days ... I think that ? depending on his mood ? he vacillates between being into the idea [of Weiland playing with former GUNS members] and kinda diggin' it and then hating my guts."

After reading the interview, the webmaser of the GUNS N' ROSES fan site Here Today? Gone To Hell! contacted Beta Lebeis (Axl's assistant and close friend) to check the validity of Scott's quote. Here is her response:

"Though Axl spoke with Matt roughly a year ago, Scott doesn't interest Axl, there are no messages, no vacillating, no messages were given to Matt by Axl for Scott. In fact earlier on the same night that Axl ended up speaking with Matt when Scott saw Axl enter the same club that he and Matt were in, Scott immediately RAN out of the club which Axl's guests found mildly amusing, beyond that nothing. I was the one whom Slash spoke with when he came to Axl's house in 2005 and expressed his negative comments regarding the others in his new band. Behind the scenes it is a very different story than what the public is sold."

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
overmatik
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 09:14:54 AM »

Okay, so one of the things Scott mentioned in the interview was that Chester Bennington had left STP, and this has just been officially confirmed. He probably has more connections with people in the know regarding STP than GNR, though...  hihi

By the way, this story has just been picked up by Billboard: http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6754050/scott-weiland-guns-n-roses-reuniting-stone-temple-pilots-chester-bennington-slash-axl-rose
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 09:22:22 AM by overmatik » Logged
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 09:37:37 AM »

How would Slashs ex have anything to do with stopping a VR reunion?  Was he really that wiped?  I wonder if she was also the reason Corey Taylor never got offered the gig.   MB she didn't like his makeup

Not the first time we heard this about perla as far as VR goes. She was his business manager then, and even if she wasn't, if your wife is in ur ear not to do something, then you're less likely to do it.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: