Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 06:58:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Video of Duff's wife's friend mentioning reunion
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Video of Duff's wife's friend mentioning reunion  (Read 53653 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #120 on: November 10, 2015, 10:00:38 AM »

For those who truly don't care what happens next or long it takes... as long as Axl Rose is happy... good for you, I applaud you for the ability to care so deeply about a man who you have never met and most likely never will.

This is absolutely the disconnect for me.

I've been a big time music fan for all of my life, with rabid fandom of several bands.  I have never, ever, ever seen the dynamic I see with this one.

The constant deference as if he's infallible.  The worrying about his hurt feelings, like they know the man.

The guy made a bunch of rock songs I really dug at 12 years old, and still do to this day.  But the man is a rock singer, not a deity.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #121 on: November 10, 2015, 10:17:59 AM »

For those who truly don't care what happens next or long it takes... as long as Axl Rose is happy... good for you, I applaud you for the ability to care so deeply about a man who you have never met and most likely never will.

This is absolutely the disconnect for me.

I've been a big time music fan for all of my life, with rabid fandom of several bands.  I have never, ever, ever seen the dynamic I see with this one.

The constant deference as if he's infallible.  The worrying about his hurt feelings, like they know the man.

The guy made a bunch of rock songs I really dug at 12 years old, and still do to this day.  But the man is a rock singer, not a deity.

Yeah, I understand not wanting to dwell on his past issues, but pretending like they don?t exist is crazy.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #122 on: November 10, 2015, 10:26:05 AM »

I'd rather see Axl move away from GNR and perform under a new name or new project than remake GNR for the 6th time. That's just me, some of you take offense to that idea.. not sure why.

So we're back to the name issue... Even though Axl's explained his point of view, you disagree.

Not back to anything... I'm stating my preference, nothing to do with disagreeing with the all mighty.

Your preference is that since there's been line up changes, you'd prefer if the name was changed.
So to me it looks like the problem you have is related to keeping the name.... That's what it looks like to me. Sorry.

I think it would be cool as fuck to see Axl in a new band, playing songs from his entire history, without the weight of the past. A new band with a new identity of it's own that doesn't feel the need to rely on 25 year old GNR songs for the majority of the setlist.

Those songs are part of his history too, no matter how much you wish they weren't.... And many people, excluding you, go see Axl in concert to hear them. Smiley

I see the usual attempt at ridiculing those who don't spend most of their time posting their dislikes about Axl and the band.
Like I said, these people chose this kind of existence. Constant dwelling on how shit didn't go according to their wishes. Hooray!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #123 on: November 10, 2015, 10:26:35 AM »

Yeah, I understand not wanting to dwell on his past issues, but pretending like they don?t exist is crazy.

He certainly seems a lot better on the past however many tours.  It's not like he's still the angry tornado he was in the early 90s.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #124 on: November 10, 2015, 10:37:50 AM »

I'd rather see Axl move away from GNR and perform under a new name or new project than remake GNR for the 6th time. That's just me, some of you take offense to that idea.. not sure why.

So we're back to the name issue... Even though Axl's explained his point of view, you disagree.

Not back to anything... I'm stating my preference, nothing to do with disagreeing with the all mighty.

Your preference is that since there's been line up changes, you'd prefer if the name was changed.
So to me it looks like the problem you have is related to keeping the name.... That's what it looks like to me. Sorry.

I think it would be cool as fuck to see Axl in a new band, playing songs from his entire history, without the weight of the past. A new band with a new identity of it's own that doesn't feel the need to rely on 25 year old GNR songs for the majority of the setlist.

Those songs are part of his history too, no matter how much you wish they weren't.... And many people, excluding you, go see Axl in concert to hear them. Smiley

I see the usual attempt at ridiculing those who don't spend most of their time posting their dislikes about Axl and the band.
Like I said, these people chose this kind of existence. Constant dwelling on how shit didn't go according to their wishes. Hooray!

/jarmo

As usual, you are too close to the man, to see anybody's differing perspective or acknowledge them. Which is why i don't like to address a lot of your comments directly. I never once said I don't enjoy hearing Welcome to the Jungle, but if Axl didn't I'd still love the show, how is this a knock or a criticism? I don't need it to say Guns N Roses on the ticket, that's all im saying.

I have no dislike towards Axl or anybody involved with the band, never have or never will. The fact that you think everybody should have blinders on or just support everything he does with blinders on is really funny, considering Axl Rose would absolutely never do that.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 10:39:45 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #125 on: November 10, 2015, 11:02:33 AM »

Not only should you never criticize...which I have always stated I understand the push back ...

You also can't have a preference for the future of a band that is completely up in the air at the moment.

Fantastic.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #126 on: November 10, 2015, 11:06:10 AM »

Not only should you never criticize...which I have always stated I understand the push back ...

You also can't have a preference for the future of a band that is completely up in the air at the moment.

Fantastic.

By commenting on which direction you might prefer (after being asked for your opinion, mind you), what you are actually doing, is demanding that is how things are run because you are an expert on everything and the band should cater to your every whim.

Or something like that.  I don't have all the details.

Just that it's bad, you know.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2015, 11:22:17 AM »

Fantastic.

By commenting on which direction you might prefer (after being asked for your opinion, mind you), what you are actually doing, is demanding that is how things are run because you are an expert on everything and the band should cater to your every whim.

Yeah seriously...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: November 10, 2015, 11:43:50 AM »

Fantastic.

Reality. Don't let him near Axl!

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #129 on: November 10, 2015, 11:53:11 AM »

Fantastic.

Yeah seriously...

It's all so silly. 

It's just looking for a fight where there doesn't even have to be one.  Its totally manufactured and disingenuous.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #130 on: November 10, 2015, 01:22:47 PM »

As usual, you are too close to the man, to see anybody's differing perspective or acknowledge them. Which is why i don't like to address a lot of your comments directly. I never once said I don't enjoy hearing Welcome to the Jungle, but if Axl didn't I'd still love the show, how is this a knock or a criticism? I don't need it to say Guns N Roses on the ticket, that's all im saying.

Why don't you just show some evidence of all this talk about how I don't see anybody's differing perspective or acknowledge them?
As far as I can tell, I've pointed out the opposite to be true, multiple times.

What's true though is the fact that some can't seem to take into account the other side of the coin. Instead, they'd rather run away, try to ridicule, insult and ignore.

My point, without all your generalizations and such, is that Axl is the singer who sings Jungle. For example.
It's part of him. So, if you don't want him to sing it because the band that recorded it doesn't perform it with him, that's your opinion. Fine.

I pointed out why I think him singing it in concert makes sense..... Oddly enough, you don't like that I pointed it out. So you attack me for asking you about this particular topic.

I have no dislike towards Axl or anybody involved with the band, never have or never will. The fact that you think everybody should have blinders on or just support everything he does with blinders on is really funny, considering Axl Rose would absolutely never do that.

Again. Prove that I "think that everybody should have blinders on or just support everything he does with blinders on".

I will admit that the constant whiny posts from a select group of fans, after a few decades, it gets old....
I find it utterly counter productive, boring and self-serving. Never said I was perfect!

Fantastic.

Stick to the truth, Twistmaster.

Go ahead, I challenge you to read your posts again. I'm sure your posts are still there.
So how does that go with your "You also can't have a preference for the future of a band that is completely up in the air at the moment." bullshit?

It doesn't.

What you should say is "I can't believe I'm not allowed to say anything I want without somebody asking me why I say those things! Unbelievable! I just wanna whine day in and day out but I get asked these questions! I can't believe it! On a fan forum! Somebody wants to discuss my negative opinions! Horrible!".

That's a more accurate portrayal of your Pity Party(tm).

Boo-fucking-hoo.
Every-fucking-time. "Poor me, look at me, I'm a victim".

* virtual hugs all around *

Edited to add: One poster above insulted me and "ran" away. He wasn't banned. Normally that kind of behavior wouldn't be allowed.

But yet you guys keep attacking me with all kinds of fictitious reasons... Even after one of you overly negative posters decided to try to insult me, disappear and act like nothing, I'm still not allegedly allowing you guys to spew your negativity. How does that make any sense? Smiley

/jarmo

« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 01:34:47 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #131 on: November 10, 2015, 02:43:34 PM »

Maybe I'm the only one who sees the irony in you some people complaining about me complaining about their constant complaining.
Not that I'd expect any of those people to ever manage to take any responsibility for what they're doing....

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #132 on: November 10, 2015, 02:46:56 PM »

Why don't you just show some evidence of all this talk about how I don't see anybody's differing perspective or acknowledge them?
As far as I can tell, I've pointed out the opposite to be true, multiple times.

What's true though is the fact that some can't seem to take into account the other side of the coin. Instead, they'd rather run away, try to ridicule, insult and ignore.

My point, without all your generalizations and such, is that Axl is the singer who sings Jungle. For example.
It's part of him. So, if you don't want him to sing it because the band that recorded it doesn't perform it with him, that's your opinion. Fine.

I pointed out why I think him singing it in concert makes sense..... Oddly enough, you don't like that I pointed it out. So you attack me for asking you about this particular topic.

Again. Prove that I "think that everybody should have blinders on or just support everything he does with blinders on".

I will admit that the constant whiny posts from a select group of fans, after a few decades, it gets old....
I find it utterly counter productive, boring and self-serving. Never said I was perfect!

Fantastic.

Stick to the truth, Twistmaster.

Go ahead, I challenge you to read your posts again. I'm sure your posts are still there.
So how does that go with your "You also can't have a preference for the future of a band that is completely up in the air at the moment." bullshit?

It doesn't.

What you should say is "I can't believe I'm not allowed to say anything I want without somebody asking me why I say those things! Unbelievable! I just wanna whine day in and day out but I get asked these questions! I can't believe it! On a fan forum! Somebody wants to discuss my negative opinions! Horrible!".

That's a more accurate portrayal of your Pity Party(tm).

Boo-fucking-hoo.
Every-fucking-time. "Poor me, look at me, I'm a victim".

* virtual hugs all around *

Edited to add: One poster above insulted me and "ran" away. He wasn't banned. Normally that kind of behavior wouldn't be allowed.

But yet you guys keep attacking me with all kinds of fictitious reasons... Even after one of you overly negative posters decided to try to insult me, disappear and act like nothing, I'm still not allegedly allowing you guys to spew your negativity. How does that make any sense? Smiley

/jarmo

This is such a hot mess... I really don't even know how to begin...but a few points.

1)  I have not said one negative thing about Axl here, and truthfully never do. Having an opinion on what I'd like to see the band do, or discussing the history of the band... is something very different in my eyes.

1) I have never insulted anybody on this forum, if you take my comments about being too close to Axl as an insult, then I apologize, because that was not my intent. I certainly have never insulted any other poster here. I don't see the need for it. If you were just a fan who doesn't have that relationship , you would view things differently.. that would be hard to refute, and again, more importantly not an insult.

2) You asked for my preference about the future and i gave it. I had no point criticized Axl for any choice he might make going forward.

3) I never ever said Axl shouldn't play x y or z and of course the material is a part of him and has just as much a right as anybody else to play the song, but if they played a lot less older stuff... I would find that cool. Again, my opinion, my preference. Why you are putting words in to my mouth that Axl SHOULDN't play those songs... I am not sure.

You turned this in to me complaining about the name issue after I gave my response to your question if I was upset about departures in previous years, which is off base.

If you're mad at some other poster for always saying mean things about Axl, then don't take it out on me.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #133 on: November 10, 2015, 02:49:49 PM »

Maybe I'm the only one who sees the irony in you some people complaining about me complaining about their constant complaining.
Not that I'd expect any of those people to ever manage to take any responsibility for what they're doing....

/jarmo

Again... I'm not complaining about anything.

I could ... if you want me to...ha, but it wouldn't have anything to do with you, this website or Axl rose. I enjoy it here.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #134 on: November 10, 2015, 03:03:06 PM »

Again... I'm not complaining about anything.

And what is this? Is this rice?

Fantastic.

1)  I have not said one negative thing about Axl here, and truthfully never do. Having an opinion on what I'd like to see the band do, or discussing the history of the band... is something very different in my eyes.

1) I have never insulted anybody on this forum, if you take my comments about being too close to Axl as an insult, then I apologize, because that was not my intent. I certainly have never insulted any other poster here. I don't see the need for it. If you were just a fan who doesn't have that relationship , you would view things differently.. that would be hard to refute, and again, more importantly not an insult.

2) You asked for my preference about the future and i gave it. I had no point criticized Axl for any choice he might make going forward.

3) I never ever said Axl shouldn't play x y or z and of course the material is a part of him and has just as much a right as anybody else to play the song, but if they played a lot less older stuff... I would find that cool. Again, my opinion, my preference. Why you are putting words in to my mouth that Axl SHOULDN't play those songs... I am not sure.

You turned this in to me complaining about the name issue after I gave my response to your question if I was upset about departures in previous years, which is off base.

If you're mad at some other poster for always saying mean things about Axl, then don't take it out on me.

#1: Sometimes I post and then I make similar generalizations like you do. Also, sometimes some parts of my posts might be aimed at you, and then other parts might be more generally speaking. I know it can sometimes be confusing and for that I apologize.

#1 again: Like i said, above. Certain parts aren't necessarily about you. That part about the insults weren't about you. Just another poster who's here to try to ridicule me, but conveniently forgot all the insults aimed at me that were posted not that long ago.

#2 (I said number two!): I know you did, and as soon as I asked you for more, tried to discuss your opinion and what you said, you started with the accusations of not being allowed to have an opinion and the "poor me" parade. Why? Sorry, yet another question.

#3: I am aware of your preference for certain songs. Didn't say you're not allowed to think that. I only pointed out exactly why I think it's not gonna be surprising if those songs remain part of the shows. That's all. I'm not allowed to do that? You won't allow me to post my opinion because it differs from yours? Poor me! Just kidding.

I made a connection between the issues because of the answers you gave. Simple. It's my opinion.

I'm not taking it out on you. If it appears that way, I'm sorry.

But some of the people who play these pointless games are constantly agreeing with each other.
The game I'm talking about is as follows:
Here's my whiny post -> Why do you say that? -> I don't wanna talk to you! Stop stalking me! You don't allow me to post what I think!

What do you call it when obvious attention seekers get attention, but then they complain about it?  hihi

/jarmo

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #135 on: November 10, 2015, 04:14:21 PM »

So im not a guns n roses fan?

Are you?
You pretty much made it clear already that you're a fan of what was until the mid-90s and you're interested in whatever Axl does.

/jarmo

[/quote]

Thats not far from the mark. Ive hung around on message boards discussing guns for years now, just because i have a preference for the guys who created the music over the employees that Axl hired, most of whom have had no input into making any music, and also over those who created CD which IMO isn't a great record doesn't mean i'm a guns fan. It seems to be ok if other posters wax lyrical about CD and claim they like that album better then AFD OR UYI.. but not the other way around.

I have followed Duffs, Slash's and Axl's career since the split... and ive always got a massive kick out of seeing Izzy or Duff play with Axl... I don't feel i should be ridiculed for not identifying with the multiple line up changes that followed.

Here is a tip... Most people go to see Guns to see Axl these days. Not DJ Ashba, Not Robin.. or any other blow in. It's Axl. That's why i bought my tickets.

Whats so bad about admitting to that? 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #136 on: November 10, 2015, 04:16:50 PM »

Thats not far from the mark. Ive hung around on message boards discussing guns for years now, just because i have a preference for the guys who created the music over the employees that Axl hired, most of whom have had no input into making any music, and also over those who created CD which IMO isn't a great record doesn't mean i'm a guns fan.

This is where your bias truly shows.
At least you're not pretending anymore. Props for that.

Edited to add: You do realize that your opinion, no matter how popular you claim it to be, has its downsides on a site that's not exclusively catered for people like yourself? Right?

Surely a smart person like yourself can see why you're the odd one and you seem like just another attention seeking troll with too much free time? Meaning, you come to a Guns N' Roses fan site that's at least as much about the present, as it's about the past, and post your same old opinions about how everything was better way back when...

/jarmo

« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 04:20:41 PM by jarmo » Logged

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #137 on: November 10, 2015, 04:24:40 PM »

Thats not far from the mark. Ive hung around on message boards discussing guns for years now, just because i have a preference for the guys who created the music over the employees that Axl hired, most of whom have had no input into making any music, and also over those who created CD which IMO isn't a great record doesn't mean i'm a guns fan.

/jarmo

I'm still not sure why you seem to be so put off by it? And bias towards what exactly?

Honestly... the deal from my end is simple.

I accept the AFD line up because they made what i consider one of (if not the best) album of all time... at least in my eyes.

I accept the UYI line up, because i enjoyed those 2 albums almost as much as AFD.

Then... nothing happened... then.. when it did... the next album (just my opinion).. wasnt totally great.

There has been nothing since.

Ive enjoyed seeing Axl perform live.. with the new incarnation.. but when i bought my ticket.. i bought it to see Axl. Not Ashba.. of BBF etc.. I wanted to hear Axl's voice and watch him perform... hell.. id buy a ticket to watch Axl play with a bunch of gimps if it meant hearing him close to his best live. Whats so wrong with that?

When i went to Slash in sydney in January.. i didnt go to see Myles.. or whoever else was in that band.. i went to watch Slash.. and see him absolutely kill it on Rocket Queen with a 15 minute rendition that made my night.. etc..

If i buy a ticket to see walking papers.. im not buying it for the other guys, im buying it to see Duff...

and so on...

i dont get why you seem to find that so offensive.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 04:26:17 PM by OscarAxl22 » Logged
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #138 on: November 10, 2015, 04:27:50 PM »

Surely a smart person like yourself can see why you're the odd one and you seem like just another attention seeking troll with too much free time? Meaning, you come to a Guns N' Roses fan site that's at least as much about the present, as it's about the past, and post your same old opinions about how everything was better way back when...

/jarmo

But when the past becomes the present, what happens to the present that's now become the past?  Boom!  Mind blown. hihi
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #139 on: November 10, 2015, 04:35:18 PM »

Edited to add: You do realize that your opinion, no matter how popular you claim it to be, has its downsides on a site that's not exclusively catered for people like yourself? Right?

/jarmo

Of course this site is just as much about the present... its a guns n roses forum, where pretty much every minute detail of this bands history and the current goings-ons are dissected on a daily basis.. over and over again. I get that.

And you may not have noticed, but when there is threads about certain topics regarding new incarnations of the band, for the large part, i just avoid them. Ive never tried to derail a thread and spew negativity on those threads. Sure.. in other threads where there has been debate (such as this one).. ill have my say that i dont agree with another new line up, but its just my opinion. I dont agree with people who Love CD or Love some of the newer band members over the old ones, but they are entitled to their opinion. And i respect it for the most part.. doesn't mean i have to just go along with it though.

Calling me a troll for having an honest opinion is a bit much.. but anyway... im just trying to be honest.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: