Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:37:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Izzy's "demotion"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Izzy's "demotion"  (Read 54343 times)
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #140 on: November 09, 2015, 11:59:26 AM »

I think there were two evolutions of guns n roses

You have the original one up until 1995

Then you have the version that Axl started over again.  Once he quit the original

No, the original lineup did not last until 1995.

This might come in handy for you Cheesy
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/history/index.html

Disclaimer: By knowing and acknowledging the actual history of GNR does not in any way mean I dislike,or discredit any member of any lineup.

I wasn't talking about the line-up.

I was talking about the business structure of Guns.

From all accounts is was pretty straight forward up until 1995 (regardless of the lineups)   People came and went

But

It was only in 1995, when Axl quit.  That the evolution began.  Were all full time members were asked to become employees under Axls new GNR

No, I disagree- GNR has been evolving since Tracii and Rob and Ole were replaced by Slash, Duff, and Steven.

It continued when Steven was replaced by Matt, Dizzy was added, and again when Izzy was replaced by Gilby and so on.

There is no such thing as "new GNR" it is GNR.

that's where you and me disagree in our point of view. You consider GNR to be GNR when it got the name. I consider GNR to be GNR when it got an identity. You seem to consider evolution as the revolving door of musicians, I consider evolution the sound of the band. One band member leaving may not impact the sound of the band, but deciding to drastically change the sound of the band does. However I don't think Axl actually achieved it. Adding little farts to better doesnt make it industrial. To me Chinese Democracy does sound like a GNR album. That's why I say there's not much evolution.
UYI evolved much more from AFD, not because it had Matt Sorum, but because Axl and Slash drove their sound in uncharted territory

Nobody added "little farts" to the music. It's very clear what your direction and agenda is here.

I personally think Chinese Democracy was an evolution from the UYIs much like they were from Appetite.

I have no Agenda, but saying I do is a good way to not add anything to the conversation.  I love better. But I would rather listen to the Demos and the live performances than the song on the album, those do not have those unnecessary little farts that sound bad on my very good audio technica headphones.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #141 on: November 09, 2015, 12:02:25 PM »

Then you have the version that Axl started over again.  Once he quit the original

Disclaimer: By knowing and acknowledging the actual history of GNR does not in any way mean I dislike,or discredit any member of any lineup.

From all accounts is was pretty straight forward up until 1995 (regardless of the lineups)   People came and went

But

It was only in 1995, when Axl quit.  That the evolution began.  Were all full time members were asked to become employees under Axls new GNR

No, I disagree- GNR has been evolving since Tracii and Rob and Ole were replaced by Slash, Duff, and Steven.

It continued when Steven was replaced by Matt, Dizzy was added, and again when Izzy was replaced by Gilby and so on.

that's where you and me disagree in our point of view. You consider GNR to be GNR when it got the name. I consider GNR to be GNR when it got an identity. You seem to consider evolution as the revolving door of musicians, I consider evolution the sound of the band. One band member leaving may not impact the sound of the band, but deciding to drastically change the sound of the band does. However I don't think Axl actually achieved it. Adding little farts to better doesnt make it industrial. To me Chinese Democracy does sound like a GNR album. That's why I say there's not much evolution.
UYI evolved much more from AFD, not because it had Matt Sorum, but because Axl and Slash drove their sound in uncharted territory

Nobody added "little farts" to the music. It's very clear what your direction and agenda is here.

I personally think Chinese Democracy was an evolution from the UYIs much like they were from Appetite.

I like Chinese.

But to call it a evolution, is a stretch

It is just a different album than that of Appetite or the UYI.   Not a evolution

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #142 on: November 09, 2015, 12:02:55 PM »

But

I have no Agenda, but saying I do is a good way to not add anything to the conversation.  I love better. But I would rather listen to the Demos and the live performances than the song on the album, those do not have those unnecessary little farts that sound bad on my very good audio technica headphones.

How am I supposed to take you seriously when you describe the music as having "little farts" added?

Laughable.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #143 on: November 09, 2015, 12:04:47 PM »

But

I like Chinese.

It is just a different album than that of Appetite or the UYI.   Not a evolution

That is subjective, that is the way you see it but not the way I do.

I see it as a natural progression and evolution from the illusions.

"Shut the fuck up."
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #144 on: November 09, 2015, 12:06:20 PM »

And there is a difference between talking about how the business structure worked in guns apposed to how the lineups are

I refer to old gnr, as 1995 and prior.  When there was actual full time band members with equal say.  (was!, not all)

I refer to new gnr, as 1995 to present.  After Axl quit, started the business fresh, tried to make everyone employees and gone where the full time band members with equal say..

I don't make the division there and most certainly don't employ your questionable and debatable constraints and descriptions.

With new gnr post 1995, what I see most evident with the band are.  Lack of new music and lack of press.  Prior to 1995, the band was making/releasing music all the time.  The band was constantly doing interviews.  After 1995, when Axl became the boss, it seems we have gotten a lot less music and lot less interviews
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #145 on: November 09, 2015, 12:10:07 PM »

Quick question.

Have any of you ever come across anyone that is so all in with this being a straight line evolution of the same band that DIDN'T get their backs up over every little thing?

In other words, its just another perceived slight to add to the list.  I can't really think of anyone that is so gung-ho about it that wasn't hypersensitive about, well, everything with this band.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #146 on: November 09, 2015, 12:10:47 PM »

And there is a difference between talking about how the business structure worked in guns apposed to how the lineups are

I refer to old gnr, as 1995 and prior.  When there was actual full time band members with equal say.  (was!, not all)

I refer to new gnr, as 1995 to present.  After Axl quit, started the business fresh, tried to make everyone employees and gone where the full time band members with equal say..

I don't make the division there and most certainly don't employ your questionable and debatable constraints and descriptions.

With new gnr post 1995, what I see most evident with the band are.  Lack of new music and lack of press.  Prior to 1995, the band was making/releasing music all the time.  The band was constantly doing interviews.  After 1995, when Axl became the boss, it seems we have gotten a lot less music and lot less interviews

There was a lot going on in various years, I don't think it is that cut and dry and I consider all the many circumstances surrounding.

Who is "we"?

"Shut the fuck up."
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #147 on: November 09, 2015, 12:11:24 PM »

But

I like Chinese.

For myself, to be a evolution of music, there would have to be a continuum of musicians in the band.....  With guns there is only one member who has continuously been in the line up..   So to call the albums a evolution is wrong.  They are just different.  And to call them a evolution of just Axl, is also wrong.  Because CD is the first guns album he had full power and say on.   Now of the next album came out with the exact same musicians on it as CD and has a different sound, that could be argued as a evolution
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #148 on: November 09, 2015, 12:12:52 PM »

For myself, to be a evolution of music, there would have to be a continuum of musicians in the band.....  With guns there is only one member who has continuously been in the line up..   So to call the albums a evolution is wrong.  They are just different.  And to call them a evolution of just Axl, is also wrong.  Because CD is the first guns album he had full power and say on.   Now of the next album came out with the exact same musicians on it as CD and has a different sound, that could be argued as a evolution

It's certainly a stronger argument.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #149 on: November 09, 2015, 12:14:32 PM »

But

How am I supposed to take you seriously when you describe the music as having "little farts" added?

Laughable.

Because that's the most accurate description of what those effects sound like. LIke little air explosions piercing through my headphones. Little air explosions= little farts. Im not saying Axl farted on the album.

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #150 on: November 09, 2015, 12:15:38 PM »

I was trying to say the same thing. You said it better.

Although like I said, I dont think they have to have the exact same musicians? But to change the roster altogether except one, then yeah its completely different. Also, whether anyone likes it or not, some members are more important than others in that distinction.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 12:19:55 PM by Wooody » Logged

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #151 on: November 09, 2015, 12:18:28 PM »

But

I like Chinese.

I disagree, there was a member change from AFD to the illusions as well but people don't harp on that anymore- it was a complaint back in the day, many complained about the illusions being unlike Appetite.

I think you are simply using qualifiers and categories that benefit and support your particular views, so I'm not taking them as valid.

I think CD was a natural progression from the UYIs.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 12:24:24 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #152 on: November 09, 2015, 12:20:31 PM »

But

Laughable.

Because that's the most accurate description of what those effects sound like. LIke little air explosions piercing through my headphones. Little air explosions= little farts. Im not saying Axl farted on the album.

It's a stupid description and makes this entire conversation stupid.

It's not accurate at all and I have listened to both.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 12:22:08 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #153 on: November 09, 2015, 12:27:49 PM »

Although like I said, I dont think they have to have the exact same musicians? But to change the roster altogether except one, then yeah its completely different. Also, whether anyone likes it or not, some members are more important than others in that distinction.

On the Illusions Matt and Dizzy played, they were not on AFD-
If you weren't around back then, people complained about UYIs not being the same as Appetite.

"Shut the fuck up."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #154 on: November 09, 2015, 12:29:06 PM »

Did the sound evolve because the people in the band changed, or did the people change because the sound evolved?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #155 on: November 09, 2015, 12:32:55 PM »

If you weren't around back then, people complained about UYIs not being the same as Appetite.

You are the only one today saying the sound of Guns has evolved.   I am saying it has just changed

It changed from AFD to UYI to CD.   There was no evolution.  Like you said there was different musicians on different albums.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #156 on: November 09, 2015, 12:33:47 PM »

Did the sound evolve because the people in the band changed, or did the people change because the sound evolved?

/jarmo

I think the sound would have evolved regardless of lineup.

There were a number of people very upset that the UYIs weren't Appetite part two.

"Shut the fuck up."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #157 on: November 09, 2015, 12:35:09 PM »

You forgot GN'R going "soft" when they released those acoustic tracks in 1988...  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #158 on: November 09, 2015, 12:36:59 PM »

I was around and do remember, but the people who complaint was a vast minority considering the hit they had with November rain, even Matt Sorum admitted he was wrong to criticize November rain before it came out when he saw how much people liked it.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #159 on: November 09, 2015, 12:39:09 PM »

You are the only one today saying the sound of Guns has evolved.   I am saying it has just changed

It changed from AFD to UYI to CD.   There was no evolution.  Like you said there was different musicians on different albums.

I don't honestly care that I'm the only one saying it, that is how I view it and I'm not interested in merely going with the majority, dead fish go with the flow.

There was a change with every Album, so the lineup evolved and so did the sound.

e?volve
verb
develop gradually, especially from a simple to a more complex form.

"Shut the fuck up."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: