Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 06:39:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228158 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Could this be a possible scenario?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Could this be a possible scenario?  (Read 15097 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2015, 09:03:09 AM »

I saw your point.  I just didn't agree with it.

What, every conversation is supposed to end with one of the parties exclaiming, my god, I've seen the error of my ways and I recant it all?

Hey, you're the one who likes discussions...  Grin

When I think about what you said a bit more, it makes less sense in a way.
Duff, as a bass player, has respect for Tommy. So in that musician to musician sense, he probably has respect for those songs.

As a guitar player, Slash must be able to hear some of those amazing guitar parts on the album and know why they are there. You don't think he would have some respect for Axl for actually doing that?
It might not always be Aerosmith or Led Zeppelin in the 1970s style guitar playing, but it's still amazing. And those parts are there because of Axl....

So yeah... Maybe some of those songs wouldn't be the kind of songs they'd write and/or record, but that doesn't mean they can't respect it.
After all, one of them has performed with the Black Eyed Peas....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2015, 09:08:32 AM »

I am with Ginger on this....anything is possible.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2015, 10:38:35 AM »

p.s. I went  to re-listen Riad after a long time... and boy does that song sucks, and the solo... must be worst GNR solo ever Sad

Despite my dislike of it, I do still give a try every few months.

I keep thinking there is a song in there somewhere, but I can't ever find anything to latch on to.

I don't think its an accident its the only one never played past 2002.

Im very critical of CHinese democracy, but Rhiad is one of my favorites !!  hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2015, 01:30:30 PM »

If something as unlikely as an Axl Rose and Slash reunion actually materializes, I'm gonna go ahead and say pretty much anything goes.  As in, I do not think Slash would out right oppose playing some rhythms and a solo over s pre-recorded "Chinese Era" track to promote the reunion, however unlikely.

That said, at this point, with no news or quotes to support it whatsoever I think all this 2016 reunion talk is likely hogwash. Hopefully, we still manage to hear new music from Axl, again, however unlikely.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2015, 01:45:47 PM »

If something as unlikely as an Axl Rose and Slash reunion actually materializes, I'm gonna go ahead and say pretty much anything goes.  As in, I do not think Slash would out right oppose playing some rhythms and a solo over s pre-recorded "Chinese Era" track to promote the reunion, however unlikely.

That said, at this point, with no news or quotes to support it whatsoever I think all this 2016 reunion talk is likely hogwash. Hopefully, we still manage to hear new music from Axl, again, however unlikely.

Yeah, you might be right.  I wonder if perhaps everyone's looking a little further ahead, like to 2017 and the 30th anniversary of AFD.  Coinciding a reunion or CDII with the 30th anniversary of AFD could really maximize the impact.  Special box sets with AFD tracks, CD remixes, CDII, etc.  Who knows.  But we'll all find out soon.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2015, 01:53:56 PM »

I saw your point.  I just didn't agree with it.

What, every conversation is supposed to end with one of the parties exclaiming, my god, I've seen the error of my ways and I recant it all?

Hey, you're the one who likes discussions...  Grin

When I think about what you said a bit more, it makes less sense in a way.
Duff, as a bass player, has respect for Tommy. So in that musician to musician sense, he probably has respect for those songs.

As a guitar player, Slash must be able to hear some of those amazing guitar parts on the album and know why they are there. You don't think he would have some respect for Axl for actually doing that?
It might not always be Aerosmith or Led Zeppelin in the 1970s style guitar playing, but it's still amazing. And those parts are there because of Axl....

So yeah... Maybe some of those songs wouldn't be the kind of songs they'd write and/or record, but that doesn't mean they can't respect it.
After all, one of them has performed with the Black Eyed Peas....

/jarmo

Is this a debate over whether we think the old guns respect Axl as an artist, primarily speaking to their opinion of Chinese Democracy, or are you talking about whether they respect the way Axl has handled Gn'R's legacy from a business perspective?

On the former, I believe they do respect, but on the latter I imagine not so much.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2015, 02:14:49 PM »

Well yeah.

The poster I was discussing with, basically made a point that they can't have any respect for what Axl's done since they quit.
Just because they might not agree with all decisions made, doesn't mean there's no respect for the art created by Axl.

That was my point, and the original poster disagrees for whatever reason. He didn't manage to explain why....
I suspect it might be yet another case of "this makes sense to me, even though I have no actual information to back it up"...  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2015, 02:59:58 PM »

Sort of died down pretty quick, huh?  I tend to think you are right.

I suppose it all still possible there is this master plan brewing behind the scenes, one that would fly in the face of everything we know about how this band operates.

Of course, if that were true, you'd have to believe the same about this album they are looking very seriously at, right?  And I sure don't.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2015, 03:02:37 PM »

The poster I was discussing with, basically made a point that they can't have any respect for what Axl's done since they quit.
Just because they might not agree with all decisions made, doesn't mean there's no respect for the art created by Axl.

That was my point, and the original poster disagrees for whatever reason. He didn't manage to explain why....
I suspect it might be yet another case of "this makes sense to me, even though I have no actual information to back it up"...  hihi

I gave my opinion, you got upset and disagreed.

You gave your alternate opinion, I disagreed.

The reason I didn't also get upset is that I don't enter into conversation with you think I'm going to convert you.  We each gave our takes.  You just seem to get upset when I am not moved by your supposedly airtight rationale why I should see things your way.

Well...too bad.  Become a better debater or learn to accept disappointment.  Either/or.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2015, 03:09:49 PM »

Is this a debate over whether we think the old guns respect Axl as an artist, primarily speaking to their opinion of Chinese Democracy, or are you talking about whether they respect the way Axl has handled Gn'R's legacy from a business perspective?

On the former, I believe they do respect, but on the latter I imagine not so much.

Agreed on both points. 

They obviously respect Axl as an artist, because of their own history with them.  Hardly means they love what he's done with the place since they moved out.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2015, 04:01:28 PM »

Sort of died down pretty quick, huh?  I tend to think you are right.

I suppose it all still possible there is this master plan brewing behind the scenes, one that would fly in the face of everything we know about how this band operates.

Of course, if that were true, you'd have to believe the same about this album they are looking very seriously at, right?  And I sure don't.

Yeah, it just spiraled completely beyond what it initially was what with all the media craze, which is a quick Slash soundbite where he confirmed that he and Axl may have buried the hatchet.  Unfortunately, a reunion that does not make...Like, at all.  Had me optimistic for a good week.

But yeah, hopefully Axl can get some music out.  I'm sure Fernando's impending update will clear this all up.  Wink

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2015, 04:08:15 PM »

But yeah, hopefully Axl can get some music out.  I'm sure Fernando's impending update will clear this all up.  Wink

I think he already did, no?

Welcome to the jingle
We got candy canes
We got us some mistletoe
And little tiny trains

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2015, 04:11:47 PM »

Welcome to the jingle
We got candy canes
We got us some mistletoe
And little tiny trains

So we did this at the end of last year

I am already starting to get concert and festival updates for next year throw email via promoters

What the deadline do you think untl we know or don't know of any touring plans next year

Right now I think we can rule out November. December January and feb
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2015, 04:13:43 PM »

So we did this at the end of last year

I am already starting to get concert and festival updates for next year throw email via promoters

What the deadline do you think untl we know or don't know of any touring plans next year

Right now I think we can rule out November. December January and feb

That seems reasonable.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2015, 04:20:36 PM »

Welcome to the jingle
We got candy canes
We got us some mistletoe
And little tiny trains

You know, I know that's a joke, but I wouldn't be at all shocked if it was some Nightrain announcement, and has nothing to do with the next album. I heard the next contest will give fans a chance to watch Frank eat a sandwich LIVE!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2015, 04:53:24 PM »

I gave my opinion, you got upset and disagreed.

You gave your alternate opinion, I disagreed.

The reason I didn't also get upset is that I don't enter into conversation with you think I'm going to convert you.  We each gave our takes.  You just seem to get upset when I am not moved by your supposedly airtight rationale why I should see things your way.

Well...too bad.  Become a better debater or learn to accept disappointment.  Either/or.

Jeez. You and your constant idea that you somehow know how others feel.

You gave your opinion which I thought was bullshit so I replied. No emotions were involved. Simple as that.

The idea of a discussion seems to be lost with you. I'm not stupid enough to try to convert you, or the likes of you. I know better than that.

But, knowing that, I did at some point have little hope that an actual discussion could still take place and there'd be something more than "this is what I think I don't need to listen to the other side". This isn't your diary where you put down your ideas without anybody reading them.... You're aware I assume.

Basically, what I'm saying is that having a discussion with a rock is almost fulfilling than trying to discuss this with you. To use your own language, the endgame is the same.

And now I'll go back to being upset about this....   Angry I can't believe that unknown Internet user with a wrestling username can't have a proper discussion. I'm so upset! rant

Edited to add: I could list multiple things that are actually somewhat upsetting, but then this would get off topic and none of it matters anyway because you already know how much you upset me..... hihi

/jarmo

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 05:11:48 PM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2015, 05:10:37 PM »

Basically, what I'm saying is that having a discussion with a rock is almost fulfilling than trying to discuss this with you. To use your own language, the endgame is the same.

So give up.  What are you getting out of this?

I tried putting you on time out, and you followed me around thread to thread, increasingly desperate to get my attention.  Michael Douglas had an easier time of it trying to shake Glenn Close for god's sake.

You need to ask yourself some hard questions, solider.  If this where we keep ending up, this...us...is a dead end.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2015, 05:16:15 PM »

Why would I give up? Keep dreaming.  Smiley
If it bothers you that I respond to your posts, post less rubbish. Stick to facts instead of taking everything and twisting it.

I still have hope that there's others out there who don't share your mentality of "I know what I know, and I don't need to listen to you la la la".
Correction, I actually know others manage this.... But there's always exceptions. Smiley

By the way, since you're free to try to analyze me... You're pretty sensitive aren't you? Smiley

Your time out game is cute. Ignore the other guy, so you can act like you're always right and don't need to answer for anything... Real mature isn't it?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 05:17:48 PM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2015, 05:26:02 PM »

Why would I give up?

Oh, I don't know.  To at least give even a passing attempt at refuting everything I've just said?

I can sure take or leave you, bro.  Here, let me show you.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2015, 05:30:28 PM »

I can ignore you, but I'm sure you don't want that.... That would mean you're not posting here anymore.

If you come to our house, you'll have to expect the owners to be home. If that's a problem, there's always a door...  Kiss

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: