Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 07:51:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228158 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Could this be a possible scenario?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Could this be a possible scenario?  (Read 15120 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2015, 11:10:04 AM »

I can't see Axl doing this.

He's done very well using the benefits of the name, all of which go right out the window the second he drops it.

"The Axl Rose Band" is not headlining any festivals.  "Guns N' Roses", even in various stages of being watered down, still can.

But he won't be dropping Guns N' Roses. They'll still be headlining everywhere.

This is just a way of getting to tour the material recorded with Bucket/Finck/Fortus on the side, all while the reunited GN'R sells out stadiums.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2015, 11:33:16 AM »

This is just a way of getting to tour the material recorded with Bucket/Finck/Fortus on the side, all while the reunited GN'R sells out stadiums.

So would there be no classic GNR material at these shows?  No SCOM, no WTTJ, no NR?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2015, 11:51:10 AM »

So would there be no classic GNR material at these shows?  No SCOM, no WTTJ, no NR?

those would be some gnarly shows! sign me up! id rather have all cd era stuff shows than old stuff shows. i know im in the minority, but damn, that sounds so rad.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2015, 11:52:39 AM »

No, the cost for CD was not 13mil...media spin.

from what we have so far. it's only CD+silkworms Tongue
so y. 13 mil/1.04 CD so far.

any1 can play whatever they want live. otherwise, they'd be suing you for humming a song while listening to it on your headphones.
however, venues/organisers/radio stations... of public manifestations pay a "flat" fee of royalties to organisations in charge of "artis royalties", who then distribute that money among the artists (I think most countries have agencies that handle these things)

so it goes like this:

Organisation(radio, venue,...)  ---> government agency---> artist
I guess they calculate based on average radio play of that performer how much money he gets

Performance Rights Organizations or PROs (in the US that’s BMI, ASCAP, and SESAC) collect songwriting performance royalties from music users, and then pay songwriters and rights holders (publishers).

https://www.royaltyexchange.com/learn/music-royalties/
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 11:59:22 AM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2015, 01:48:53 PM »

There could be. Sort of what Slash is playing at his shows.

I'm just saying, realistically if there's a reunion, are there any other ways Axl could play the new songs from CD2 live?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2015, 01:55:16 PM »

Would it be completely outside the realm of possibilities that Slash, Duff & possibly Izzy could appear on the follow up to Chinese Democracy?  Shit, all they'd need to be on is the lead single to get new music into the setlist. Just spitballin' here.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2015, 05:34:06 PM »

No, the cost for CD was not 13mil...media spin.

from what we have so far. it's only CD+silkworms Tongue
so y. 13 mil/1.04 CD so far.

How does that even remotely equal to "nothing else was recorded/worked on" Huh

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2015, 05:42:17 PM »

Would it be completely outside the realm of possibilities that Slash, Duff & possibly Izzy could appear on the follow up to Chinese Democracy?  Shit, all they'd need to be on is the lead single to get new music into the setlist. Just spitballin' here.

I would think it impossible, yes.

I'm amazed people think the others have any respect for what Axl has been doing the past 20 years.  Usually if I try and go down this road, I'm told that Izzy played that song that time.  Or Duff played that show.  So that is supposedly the proof they support it.

But Izzy never plays on anything done since he left.  Duff only played on things since his departure as a favor to his buddy Axl who was caught in a jam for a few shows. 

You guys don't think the others, when talking amongst themselves, have a reaction somewhere between rolled eyes and outright laughter at what Axl has done to their band?

I sure do.  And I don't think that's some wacky out there position either.  Not if you look at it form their perspective.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2015, 06:15:12 PM »

You guys don't think the others, when talking amongst themselves, have a reaction somewhere between rolled eyes and outright laughter at what Axl has done to their band?

I sure do.  And I don't think that's some wacky out there position either.  Not if you look at it form their perspective.

First of, they know Axl better than you. So their perspective could be a little different than yours... They would have a better understanding of him than you for example.

Yes, Duff played those songs on tour last year. Did it sound weird? No. Did it sound like something Duff might've actually recorded himself? Yes.

You're trying to portray a disrespect for the art Axl created by the guys who were in the band with him at one time. I think it's more likely they respect his talents and art, even though they might not agree on everything that happened during the band's history.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2015, 06:50:09 PM »

I'm amazed people think the others have any respect for what Axl has been doing the past 20 years.  Usually if I try and go down this road, I'm told that Izzy played that song that time.  Or Duff played that show.  So that is supposedly the proof they support it.

But Izzy never plays on anything done since he left.  Duff only played on things since his departure as a favor to his buddy Axl who was caught in a jam for a few shows. 

I think that Slash, Duff and Izzy have a broader perspective, knowledge and respect of Axls vision, talent. (Especially now in retrospective) then many of the betterwizzer "fans" cheering for only the original lineup.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2015, 07:01:24 PM »

First of, they know Axl better than you. So their perspective could be a little different than yours... They would have a better understanding of him than you for example.

Yes, Duff played those songs on tour last year. Did it sound weird? No. Did it sound like something Duff might've actually recorded himself? Yes.

You're trying to portray a disrespect for the art Axl created by the guys who were in the band with him at one time. I think it's more likely they respect his talents and art, even though they might not agree on everything that happened during the band's history.

OK.

We'll put you down as a "no".

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2015, 07:06:02 PM »

I think that Slash, Duff and Izzy have a broader perspective, knowledge and respect of Axls vision, talent. (Especially now in retrospective) then many of the betterwizzer "fans" cheering for only the original lineup.

I think any sort of reunion project is already a huge longshot.  I just think if it happens at all, its about looking backward, not forward.

Think of it like this.

sofine11's point that started all this was about any of those guys being on a 'Chinese Democracy' follow up.

Let's assume there is some sort of reunion effort.  Do you think it more likely :

- They are interested in a tour to celebrate and highlight what they did as a band in their primes?

- They file into a studio and say "say, Axl...what have you been working on?"

What do you think?  Avoiding cop out answers like "could be both" or "who can say". 

Either/or...what's your gut tell you?

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2015, 07:08:59 PM »

rejects dont matter. They could have spent the money on skittles for all practical reasons.
in 2002, 72 songs were said to be writen, 48 recorded. But obviously they were sub-par, especially since Riad made the final cut Tongue

p.s. I went  to re-listen Riad after a long time... and boy does that song sucks, and the solo... must be worst GNR solo ever Sad
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 07:11:50 PM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2015, 07:19:09 PM »

p.s. I went  to re-listen Riad after a long time... and boy does that song sucks, and the solo... must be worst GNR solo ever Sad

Despite my dislike of it, I do still give a try every few months.

I keep thinking there is a song in there somewhere, but I can't ever find anything to latch on to.

I don't think its an accident its the only one never played past 2002.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2015, 08:41:41 PM »

rejects dont matter. They could have spent the money on skittles for all practical reasons.
in 2002, 72 songs were said to be writen, 48 recorded. But obviously they were sub-par, especially since Riad made the final cut Tongue

How are they "rejects" if they were intentionally saved for a future release?

What "sucks" is some "fans" negativity and stupidity.

If that shoe fits, wear it.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2015, 08:46:51 PM »

Not surprised.

You have already been told you are wrong in what you post by people actually close to the situation.

You seem to have  online nerd rage to vent.  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2015, 09:17:02 PM »

I'm certainly not opposed to it, I just don't think it's likely.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2015, 06:38:21 AM »

How are they "rejects" if they were intentionally saved for a future release?

Just like You Could Be Mine, Don't Cry, November Rain and so on were "rejects"!

OK.

Sure, I even explained why I suspect it's not like how you think it is.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 06:39:58 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2015, 08:25:38 AM »

OK.

Sure, I even explained why I suspect it's not like how you think it is.

I saw your point.  I just didn't agree with it.

What, every conversation is supposed to end with one of the parties exclaiming, my god, I've seen the error of my ways and I recant it all?

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2015, 08:55:48 AM »

I think all of them have now realized that their sum is greater than their parts.  They all went their separate ways and had a moderate amount of success?Axl arguably had the most but he had the advantage of the Guns banner behind him. 

I view Duff playing multiple, full shows as the olive branch that made the reunion talk even possible.  Maybe they did snicker at Axl when he trotted out Bucket and freaky Robin (the leather unitard was a weird look), just like Axl probably snickered at Slash and Fergie?s duet. 

But time does heal all wounds.  I honestly think that if a reunion happens, anything goes.  It could ignite them to create new music, re-tinker with CDII songs, or say fuck it and play the catalogue.  I?m not sure there is a defined plan of attack once/if a reunion happens.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: