Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:11:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is there any way to find GN'R recording session dates?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is there any way to find GN'R recording session dates?  (Read 13228 times)
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2015, 01:21:58 AM »

as I already said....

Axl... have fun. Ignore us. U gave us enough pleasure in life. Go be happy, chill, and dont worry about us. We are not your responsibility. Hope you give us more good music one day, untill then.
Peace, and thank you.

nice post! i agree. the temptation of new tunes is very great, but we can live without them. very good point lucky.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2015, 06:26:20 PM »

If you say you are seriously going to do something that in itself sort of implies a short time frame. But then I guess NASA is seriously looking at sending someone to Mars  Roll Eyes

The statement was seriously going to START looking into it, it implied nothing and had NO time frame.

Not sure what you are inferring by Mars reference, if it was an attempt at being witty it failed.

If you just go by the worrying in that statement alone.  It would imply that nobody was serious looking at anything yet.....  And they were just about to start.  Hahaha
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2015, 02:20:15 AM »

If you say you are seriously going to do something that in itself sort of implies a short time frame. But then I guess NASA is seriously looking at sending someone to Mars  Roll Eyes

The statement was seriously going to START looking into it, it implied nothing and had NO time frame.

Not sure what you are inferring by Mars reference, if it was an attempt at being witty it failed.

If you just go by the worrying in that statement alone.  It would imply that nobody was serious looking at anything yet.....  And they were just about to start.  Hahaha

i see no worrying in that statement. if anyone's worrying, its me about all this reunion talk. if a reunion swallowed up or delayed cd 2, i would be so bummed. it would not be worth it at all. i dont think axl will do that to cd 2, but the mere prospect of it is enough to make me a glum chum. but nah... i dont think that will happen. i would be very surprised. i think that idea was crafted by hopeful reunionists. the idea that some people would rather just shelf the cd legacy and move on with the only version of guns they can accept, the one that ended ages ago, is unfathomable to me.

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2015, 07:30:44 AM »

Looking VERY seriously, at what they are doing in that regard.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2015, 01:49:46 PM »

On a related note, the singer of Tool just labeled some of his band's fans as insufferable people and retards...

Haha!     hihi

Here it is-http://www.metalsucks.net/2015/10/28/maynard-james-keenan-calls-tool-fans-insufferable-retards/

Some heads would implode if Axl said anything similar about GN'R fans, that's for sure.  hihi

"We get no updates...."
"He called us stupid!  crying "

/jarmo

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/music/maynard-james-keenan-responds-to-fan-uproar-about-new-times-story-7780052

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2015, 02:02:23 PM »

Yeah, not all fans, some.... But we all know that if you speak out against a small group that are part of a bigger group, it equals insulting everyone. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2015, 02:33:19 PM »

Give me the success story of picking a fight with your fans.

Band, athlete, movie star...what have you.

Where is the example where it all worked out for the best?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2015, 05:26:59 PM »

Since the onset of internet access some "fans" have used it as an outlet and a vehicle to complain, whine and vent- about everything.

the constant barrage of entitled online outrage is frankly annoying. It?s a symptom of fan entitlement, fueled by the notion that, because geek culture is now taken seriously by the mainstream media, their demands should be respected damn the consequences.

One has to wonder at times where the distinction between tasteful understated nerdrage and entitled whining lies.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2015, 05:35:16 PM »

Since the onset of internet access some "fans" have used it as an outlet and a vehicle to complain, whine and vent- about everything.

the constant barrage of entitled online outrage is frankly annoying. It?s a symptom of fan entitlement, fueled by the notion that, because geek culture is now taken seriously by the mainstream media, their demands should be respected damn the consequences.

One has to wonder at times where the distinction between tasteful understated nerdrage and entitled whining lies.

Give it a rest.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2015, 05:38:22 PM »

So...no example, then?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2015, 06:06:08 PM »

Metallica sued some of their fans, they're till huge. Wink

Anyway, just because there's no real success stories doesn't mean it's not right. I don't know anything really about Tool fanatics, but I wouldn't be surprised if Maynard has a point in what he said, unfortunately for him, it obviously gets twisted to generate more attention.

Also, "picking a fight with your fans" sounds like a crappy generalization. In this case, it wasn't what happened.
Like I said, if you speak out against one little group, or one individual, within a bigger group, doesn't mean everybody is included. This is the mistake the pity party participants always make.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2015, 06:56:46 PM »

If I had fans as nasty as some of Axl's, Id be forced to fight with some individuals every now and then. Some people have it coming. Sometimes I feel like that's what you want... for him to show up here and go toe to toe with you.

You say "picking a fight", but who is actually picking the fight when he goes off? Does he just walk up to his fans while they are in line and start randomly pushing them around? Werent you the one that said sometimes he should defend himself?

Ax cant win with you DX. I am convinced there is some unknown motive that drives you here on htgth. I dont buy that you are just some regular fan. Just my opinion.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 07:00:08 PM by rj seitz » Logged

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2015, 06:58:13 PM »

Same goes for Maynard. Im sure he didnt pick the fight. Why would he? It wouldnt make any sense.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2015, 07:07:17 PM »

Metallica sued some of their fans, they're till huge. Wink

Anyway, just because there's no real success stories doesn't mean it's not right. I don't know anything really about Tool fanatics, but I wouldn't be surprised if Maynard has a point in what he said, unfortunately for him, it obviously gets twisted to generate more attention.

Also, "picking a fight with your fans" sounds like a crappy generalization. In this case, it wasn't what happened.
Like I said, if you speak out against one little group, or one individual, within a bigger group, doesn't mean everybody is included. This is the mistake the pity party participants always make.

/jarmo

Maynard said it quite good: "User @nathan_felts tweeted, "hilarious that you can flat out insult your core fanbase then shit in a ziplock and they'd still buy it. now THATS talent" [sic]. Keenan responded, "Our core fanbase aren't fanatics. They're music lovers & artists & good people. Its the fanatics that are insufferable.""

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2015, 07:12:30 PM »

No, it wasn't.

But I'm seeing a lot of black slapping and har-de-har-har type sentiment about what they did say.

I'm just wondering where that's worked.  I think the reason you don't have an example is because there really isn't one.

Look, fans are by their very nature, insane.  Fanbases of any interest or topic will obviously be filled with people that spend an outsized portion of their time on the subject.  And I'm sure, at times, they are annoying as shit.  Celebs have a great life, but the trade off of your privacy is absolutely a thing.

But taking shots at diehard fans that stick with you, let's face it, no matter what?  Never a good idea.  Not for a band, a team, whoever.

Forget being a can't win argument, its fundamentally unsound business practice.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2015, 07:16:49 PM »

You say "picking a fight", but who is actually picking the fight when he goes off? Does he just walk up to his fans while they are in line and start randomly pushing them around? Werent you the one that said sometimes he should defend himself?

I have said that.

He does himself no favors staying silent if he thinks he's been wronged and letting the supposedly false story prosper.  Who remembers the correction 6 months later, on page A8?  They only remember the headline.

Which would be fine if he truly didn't care.  But he does care.  He's long issued disapproval with now people spread lies and he can't stand that's what people choose to believe.  That seems a normal reaction.  What doens't seem normal is not lifting a finger to correct the record when it clearly bothers him.

I don't think Axl picks fights either.  I don't think he does much of anything, communication wise.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2015, 07:21:01 PM »

Same goes for Maynard. Im sure he didnt pick the fight. Why would he? It wouldnt make any sense.

But even what he did say, did it makes sense?

You see the reaction.  That's a surprise?

What's the honest chance that fans were going to look for nuance in his answer and make a good, reasoned decision before freaking out?

Would be nice, but come on.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2015, 07:24:01 PM »

Ax cant win with you DX. I am convinced there is some unknown motive that drives you here on htgth. I dont buy that you are just some regular fan. Just my opinion.

Ah, yes, the sleeper agent theory.

Well, according to my inbox, we've already got a guy here working the Duplicate Accounts / Alias desk.  Maybe he'll have a break.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2015, 07:35:27 PM »

No, it wasn't.

But I'm seeing a lot of black slapping and har-de-har-har type sentiment about what they did say.

I'm just wondering where that's worked.  I think the reason you don't have an example is because there really isn't one.

Look, fans are by their very nature, insane.  Fanbases of any interest or topic will obviously be filled with people that spend an outsized portion of their time on the subject.  And I'm sure, at times, they are annoying as shit.  Celebs have a great life, but the trade off of your privacy is absolutely a thing.

But taking shots at diehard fans that stick with you, let's face it, no matter what?  Never a good idea.  Not for a band, a team, whoever.

Forget being a can't win argument, its fundamentally unsound business practice.

What kind of fan you are depends on everything you do or say about the artist you "support"

If you spend thousand of dollars on concert tickets, cd`s etc. but behave like shit, acting like the artists owes you something... you got the products you paid for, but still acts like a dick.

I think its good that people like Maynard says it like it is... Listen to the Tool songs "Hooker with a penis" that songs is exactly about this kind of subject..

Sorry but i gotta post the Lyrics.. =)

Hooker With A Penis"

I met a boy wearing Vans, 501s, and a
Dope Beastie t, nipple rings, and
New tattoos that claimed that he
Was OGT, (Original Gangster Tool)
From '92,
The first EP.

And in between
Sips of Coke
He told me that
He thought
We were sellin' out,
Layin' down,
Suckin' up
To the man.

Well now I've got some
A-dvice for you, little buddy.
Before you point the finger
You should know that
I'm the man,

And if I'm the man,

Then you're the man, and
He's the man as well so you can
Point that fuckin' finger up your ass.

All you know about me is what I've sold you,
Dumb fuck.
I sold out long before you ever heard my name.

I sold my soul to make a record,
Dip shit,
And you bought one.

So I've got some
Advice for you, little buddy.
Before you point your finger
You should know that
I'm the man,

If I'm the fuckin' man
Then you're the fuckin' man as well
So you can
Point that fuckin' finger up your ass.

All you know about me is what I've sold you,
Dumb fuck.
I sold out long before you ever heard my name.

I sold my soul to make a record,
Dip shit,
And you bought one.

All you read and
Wear or see and
Hear on TV
Is a product
Begging for your
Fatass dirty
Dollar

So...Shut up and

Buy my new record
Send more money
Fuck you, buddy.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2015, 09:17:24 PM »

I have said that.

He does himself no favors staying silent if he thinks he's been wronged and letting the supposedly false story prosper.  Who remembers the correction 6 months later, on page A8?  They only remember the headline.

Which would be fine if he truly didn't care.  But he does care.  He's long issued disapproval with now people spread lies and he can't stand that's what people choose to believe.  That seems a normal reaction.  What doens't seem normal is not lifting a finger to correct the record when it clearly bothers him.

I don't think Axl picks fights either.  I don't think he does much of anything, communication wise.

Ah, the daily whining of entitled "fans."

Please, sing me the song of your people.  crying

Tell me how difficult your life is, and how you are mistreated by GNR.

Tell us all how you have all the e-expertise and armchair quarterback knowledge to sort everything out.
 that you deem is "wrong" (without really knowing.)

Drag up old issues time and time again, and never quit offering unsolicited amateur advice about non-negotiable issues.

Play it again Sam.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: