Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:25:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is there any way to find GN'R recording session dates?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is there any way to find GN'R recording session dates?  (Read 13231 times)
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« on: October 27, 2015, 12:09:44 PM »

When a studio is booked by a band, you'll have a log of the sessions sometimes, what songs are recorded and whatnot. For example on the Stones album Black & Blue, you got pictures of the session logs in the liner notes, IE: 'Hand of Fate/Rolling Stones Mobile Studio/12-5-1974'.

Would such records exist for GN'R's albums? For example:

'GN'R/'Estranged'/Rumbo Recording Studio/9-21-90'

Or 'GN'R/'Catcher in the Rye'/Rumbo Recording Studio/6-1999

If such records DO exist, would there be any way for the public to find them?
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 03:00:29 PM »

Are you building out your 'where/when to be' Time Machine/Delorean bucket list?

CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 03:19:43 PM »

Are you building out your 'where/when to be' Time Machine/Delorean bucket list?

Possibly.

But in seriousness, I just think the dates would be cool, as they would give an idea about the progression of the various songs as they were born and evolved. Am just a history geek in general anyway. It would be cool to see for example when exactly formal recording on the UYIs started, and when it ended. How long it took to record November Rain overall given how much Axl cared about it. Then, stuff like the mysterious 1994-1996 sessions would be cool, to see if any songs or at least working titles were worked on, and if so, on what dates; if the full band at the time was booked and thus together, etc.

For the CD era, it would be cool to see to see when various songs off the album were first started and when they were finished in terms of pure recording. When exactly each Axl vocal track was done, and so on. Just cool to have from a historical perspective.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 03:41:20 PM »

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 04:33:54 PM »

I think one of them said that they record in their home studio then send each other parts (becuase Axl and Chris are not near the rest the band who are in New York) so I don't think they record all together until like the final version. I'm not exactly sure.

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 06:42:18 PM »

It gets complicated. Im sure that Stones recorded mainly with ''live'' takes. Meaning that everybody is playing at the same time.

With Guns especially Chinese is bits and pieces lets say the drums for  first verse of Better could have been played by Brain in 12.12.2001 and the chorus could have been played by Frank in lets say in 11.01.2007.
 Bass in 2004 Vocals in 2005 ect.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2015, 06:57:30 PM »

This was my argument for the past couple of years that nothing serious was getting done

If gnr were in any serious studio with any serious producer we would of heard about it

I also get the excuse

Well there is lots of home studios.   Gnr has a history of trading tapes and in the year 2015 I am sure a lot of things are sent over the Internet

While I agree that may take place. 

Until any serious studio time is booked    There will be no new album.   Unless it is released from all the material left over from the chinease recordings.   

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2015, 07:16:29 PM »

I highly doubt there has been any full recording sessions any time recently....

Its more likely that they've just done bits and pieces and sent them around to each other and their is bit parts of stuff....  Roll Eyes Tongue

In saying that, who are we even talking about? I mean... Dj AND BBF are gone... and by all reports nothing theyve done is/will be used. Or ever will be?? and we are still 2 guitar players down on this band anyway... i think its fairly safe to say that nothing has happened in quite a while or will be happening anytime soon in terms of recording.

As one other well known poster likes to say.. GUNS IS ON HIATUS...  Wink

You will get news when there is something to be announced, until then.. be a good little fan.  Shocked

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2015, 08:40:40 PM »

This was my argument for the past couple of years that nothing serious was getting done

If gnr were in any serious studio with any serious producer we would of heard about it

I also get the excuse

Well there is lots of home studios.   Gnr has a history of trading tapes and in the year 2015 I am sure a lot of things are sent over the Internet

Until any serious studio time is booked    There will be no new album.   Unless it is released from all the material left over from the chinease recordings.   

That is pretty naive thinking.

Caram and Axl produced Chinese, what makes you think that would change or that someone would come forward out of the blue and disclose information?

Isn't it entirely possible that work has occured without any studio informing the online fan base?

Look at the list of studios listed on Chidem-
Battery Studios Bennett House Can-Am Recorders Capitol Studios Cherokee Studios Electric Lady Studios IGA Studios Studio at The Palms Rumbo Recorders Soundtrack Studios Sunset Sound Recorders The Town House The Village Woodland Ranch

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2015, 10:07:07 PM »

I also get the excuse

Yep. 

Occam's Razor.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2015, 01:33:42 AM »

I also get the excuse

Caram and Axl produced Chinese, what makes you think that would change or that someone would come forward out of the blue and disclose information?

Isn't it entirely possible that work has occured without any studio informing the online fan base?
 aa
Battery Studios Bennett House Can-Am Recorders Capitol Studios Cherokee Studios Electric Lady Studios IGA Studios Studio at The Palms Rumbo Recorders Soundtrack Studios Sunset Sound Recorders The Town House The Village Woodland Ranch

There was also a laundry list of producers that worked on CD that we all heard of

Has guns ever produced an album just off of tracks sent to each other? ,no

They have written music this way.  But from what I know.   No song has ever fully been produced this way.  They alway firm everything up in some studio

And yes I think if Axl was in the studio with any band members we would of heard about it

He could be totally be sitting at home tinkering with music that has already been written and recorded in studios by band members that have left the band many years ago.   I would love to hear that music!

I would love to hear a current band member talking about how they are setting up shop in studio and seriously laying down tracks to already recorded and Axl approved music.  But first we will need band members for that
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2015, 10:53:38 AM »

No answer is going to make everyone happy.  We will always have skeptics and true believers.  Both that believe the other side is being unfair or na?ve.

But how about this?  Could we at least agree that the stance that there is all this stuff going on behind the scenes is the longer shot?  Is that fair?

In other words, we don't dismiss out of hand that there could be all this great work being done in total secret, but its probably more likely there isn't much happening.

Is that an unfair way to put it?  Could that be the compromise position?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2015, 01:45:29 PM »

I also get the excuse

aa

There was also a laundry list of producers that worked on CD that we all heard of

They have written music this way.  But from what I know.   No song has ever fully been produced this way.  They alway firm everything up in some studio

And yes I think if Axl was in the studio with any band members we would of heard about it

He could be totally be sitting at home tinkering with music that has already been written and recorded in studios by band members that have left the band many years ago.   I would love to hear that music!

I would love to hear a current band member talking about how they are setting up shop in studio and seriously laying down tracks to already recorded and Axl approved music.  But first we will need band members for that

Here's another possibility I heard someone mention, the palms studio has been used by GNR before, isn't it possible that when Axl stuck around in Vegas last year after the residency, he could've been working on some songs?

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-engineer-talks-about-recording-process-for-chinese-democracy/

No, I don't think after the leaks happened with the last album that anyone is taking any chances with info or songs getting out.

There are legalities that can be established that would prevent any studio from disclosing info, as well as anyone working on the album.

Why is that so hard to believe?

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2015, 03:13:23 PM »

It's not.  What's being asked is about the contrast in the two positions.

We have people that feel there probably isn't much happening, nor has been lately.  But, even though we consider it the longer shot, there is a chance there is stuff going on no one knows about.  So, 90% there's nothing, 10% there is.

I would think the opposite side puts the 90% on things going on, with only 10% allotted for the possibility nothing is happening. 

But that's not the case.

We seem to have people that feel that things are working we don't know about.  But forget the opposite position that there isn't much going on not just being a longer shot, its an insult and a travesty to suggest that might be the case.

I would think both sides have a 90/10 type of split, based on which side they prefer.  What we are asking you is why you seem to be more like 100/0.  And why people that don't see it that way are na?ve morons.

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2015, 03:27:38 PM »

I also get the excuse

aa

Here's another possibility I heard someone mention, the palms studio has been used by GNR before, isn't it possible that when Axl stuck around in Vegas last year after the residency, he could've been working on some songs?

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-engineer-talks-about-recording-process-for-chinese-democracy/

No, I don't think after the leaks happened with the last album that anyone is taking any chances with info or songs getting out.

There are legalities that can be established that would prevent any studio from disclosing info, as well as anyone working on the album.

GUNS N' ROSES Engineer Talks About Recording Process For 'Chinese Democracy'

Richard Abowitz of the Los Angeles Times reports: Next month will mark two years since audio engineer Mark Gray, 31, dropped by the studio at the Palms to say goodbye to his co-workers before departing for a vacation. His boss asked him if he would be willing to come back early to do some just-booked sessions. "I went from 'no way,'" he recalls, "to changing my plane ticket right away." All it took to change his mind is what the sessions were for recording. And, on Dec. 27, 2006, Gray found himself one of the many engineers to be connected to the legendary GUNS N' ROSES disc "Chinese Democracy".

Axl Rose arrived at the Palms Studio inside the resort and worked for 13 days in 2006 on his vocals for the finally released disc. Gray recalls a list of 14 songs (the same number as on the released version) many with working titles. Among those Rose worked on at Palms Studio he is sure are on the disc are "Chinese Democracy", "Madagascar" and "Prostitute".

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2015, 03:30:36 PM »

Axl Rose arrived at the Palms Studio inside the resort and worked for 13 days in 2006 on his vocals for the finally released disc. Gray recalls a list of 14 songs (the same number as on the released version) many with working titles. Among those Rose worked on at Palms Studio he is sure are on the disc are "Chinese Democracy", "Madagascar" and "Prostitute".

Now imagine if he did something this sometime in the past year or so.  But sent out a quick tweet with a pic of him in there.

People would be thrilled.  It would buy him both goodwill and time.

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2015, 03:33:54 PM »

Now imagine if he did something this sometime in the past year or so.  But sent out a quick tweet with a pic of him in there.

People would be thrilled.  It would buy him both goodwill and time.

Maybe

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2015, 05:22:37 PM »

We have people that feel there probably isn't much happening, nor has been lately.  But, even though we consider it the longer shot, there is a chance there is stuff going on no one knows about.  So, 90% there's nothing, 10% there is.

I would think the opposite side puts the 90% on things going on, with only 10% allotted for the possibility nothing is happening. 

But that's not the case.

We seem to have people that feel that things are working we don't know about.  But forget the opposite position that there isn't much going on not just being a longer shot, its an insult and a travesty to suggest that might be the case.

I would think both sides have a 90/10 type of split, based on which side they prefer.  What we are asking you is why you seem to be more like 100/0.  And why people that don't see it that way are na?ve morons.

You also get the people that get offended when people point out that nothing is going on and hasn't in a while and this will be remembered as one of guns longest breaks of nothingness ever

It's not a bad thing.     But people take such offence to people pointing these things out

I don't think anyone here takes offence to anyone saying that something may be going on. We might just not know about it.   

How do you say there could be something going on that I may not know of!!!   
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2015, 05:45:44 PM »

On a related note, the singer of Tool just labeled some of his band's fans as insufferable people and retards...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2015, 05:52:02 PM »

But that's not the case.

I actually have more accurately descriptive terminology, but I don't say it in mixed company.  Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: