Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 10:38:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228146 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What Is You LineUp Favorite For 2016 ?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What Is You LineUp Favorite For 2016 ?  (Read 22249 times)
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2015, 09:21:14 PM »

I don't think the band members meet the dictionary definition of hired hand. However they certainly meet the colloquial definition. The members of the band:

- Do not have any meaningful input of when an album gets released (see numerous complaints from band members on not being able to write or release music)
- Have no legal rights to the name
- Many of them were clearly hired to either act as session muso's in the case of Bumblefoot and perhaps  with Ashba seemingly hired with the sole intention as backing musicians to perform live

etc, etc, etc.

We can all disagree but whether you view them as legitimate band members with ownership within the creative input and output or whether you view them as hired musicians there to meet the need of an employer is open for debate. It is subjective and unprovable. Therefore to be offended about a term like this on a forum is just bizarre IMO.

Emily deliberately gets bogged down in semantics over crap like hired hands, or original band etc purely as a method of distracting discussion away from reality. It really lowers the tone of discussion on here.

You cannot deny that when known trolls use the term "hired hands" they are making a cheap shot at GNR's expense.

It isn't innocent, it is contrived and intentional.

I'm aware of the actual history, I realize it ruffles the tail feathers of people that don't like the fact that Slash, Duff, and Steven were not original members, but that doesn't change history one iota.

I think it is a bit of a dig but nothing to get upset about the way you do. The view that these guys have not been allowed a chance to shine and have been essentially treated as 'hired hands' has some legitimacy. It's not a 'get out of here' idea. Therefore because it falls within the realms of plausibility who are you to tell off anyone (or get offended for god's sake) if someone uses the term?

If anything I think the term may be used with some sympathy for the guys that were hired and were unable to drag Axl to the recording studio or to add vocals to musical sketches etc.

Either way who cares. It's not blatantly aggressive so let others have a view.

Honestly wasn't upset, trying to gauge emotions from an internet post isn't very accurate .

It's annoying when some trolls parade out the same offensive idiocy and terminology day after day, it is tiring.

Please provide proof for your claim that "guys were unable to drag Axl to the studio or add vocals to musical sketches".

I'm too lazy and disinterested to go searching for quotes etc and even then you would likely just dismiss them. But surely you recall Ashba stating he send multiple songs to Axl and what became of them? He left. Bumblefoot complaining for ages that nothing was being done musically and trying his little heart out to get the band to write and release music? The number of people involved with CD that stated getting Axl to complete things or put vocals down was traumatic? Slash and Duff stating that Axl often never showed and when he did he wouldn't sing?

This isn't 'proof' but considering the band has released 1 album in forever then I would strongly suggest the onus of proof is with those who claim Axl IS productive and not the other way round.

As Jarmo put is so well in another post (I paraphrase ' Sometimes the simplest answer is the accurate one and we don't need to construct complicated fabrications to avoid that reality'.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2015, 09:25:17 PM »

I don't think the band members meet the dictionary definition of hired hand. However they certainly meet the colloquial definition. The members of the band:

- Do not have any meaningful input of when an album gets released (see numerous complaints from band members on not being able to write or release music)
- Many of them were clearly hired to either act as session muso's in the case of Bumblefoot and perhaps  with Ashba seemingly hired with the sole intention as backing musicians to perform live

etc, etc, etc.

We can all disagree but whether you view them as legitimate band members with ownership within the creative input and output or whether you view them as hired musicians there to meet the need of an employer is open for debate. It is subjective and unprovable. Therefore to be offended about a term like this on a forum is just bizarre IMO.

Emily deliberately gets bogged down in semantics over crap like hired hands, or original band etc purely as a method of distracting discussion away from reality. It really lowers the tone of discussion on here.

You cannot deny that when known trolls use the term "hired hands" they are making a cheap shot at GNR's expense.

I'm aware of the actual history, I realize it ruffles the tail feathers of people that don't like the fact that Slash, Duff, and Steven were not original members, but that doesn't change history one iota.

I think it is a bit of a dig but nothing to get upset about the way you do. The view that these guys have not been allowed a chance to shine and have been essentially treated as 'hired hands' has some legitimacy. It's not a 'get out of here' idea. Therefore because it falls within the realms of plausibility who are you to tell off anyone (or get offended for god's sake) if someone uses the term?

If anything I think the term may be used with some sympathy for the guys that were hired and were unable to drag Axl to the recording studio or to add vocals to musical sketches etc.

Honestly wasn't upset, trying to gauge emotions from an internet post isn't very accurate .

It's annoying when some trolls parade out the same offensive idiocy and terminology day after day, it is tiring.

Please provide proof for your claim that "guys were unable to drag Axl to the studio or add vocals to musical sketches".

I'm too lazy and disinterested to go searching for quotes etc and even then you would likely just dismiss them. But surely you recall Ashba stating he send multiple songs to Axl and what became of them? He left. Bumblefoot complaining for ages that nothing was being done musically and trying his little heart out to get the band to write and release music? The number of people involved with CD that stated getting Axl to complete things or put vocals down was traumatic? Slash and Duff stating that Axl often never showed and when he did he wouldn't sing?

This isn't 'proof' but considering the band has released 1 album in forever then I would strongly suggest the onus of proof is with those who claim Axl IS productive and not the other way round.

As Jarmo put is so well in another post (I paraphrase ' Sometimes the simplest answer is the accurate one and we don't need to construct complicated fabrications to avoid that reality'.

Where does it say as you claim that "guys were unable to drag Axl to the studio or add vocals to musical sketches"?.

What if Bumblefoot was lying, or simply not in the loop? He certainly deceived fans about his status in the band for months.

I don't think not knowing what has been done is sufficient evidence to conclude that nothing is being done, or has been done.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2015, 09:31:19 PM »

etc, etc, etc.

Where does it say as you claim that "guys were unable to drag Axl to the studio or add vocals to musical sketches"?.

What if Bumblefoot was lying, or simply not in the loop? He certainly deceived fans about his status in the band for months.

I don't think not knowing what has been done is sufficient evidence to conclude that nothing is being done, or has been done.

And just as I predicted when I show you what multiple band members have said (or are they lowered to 'Hired Hands' and 'liars' when they no longer back your preferred world view?). You dismiss it. Funny that calling these guys liars is fine but hired hands is so bad?

I can't be arsed debating this but as I said. The onus is on YOU to prove Axl is productive against ALL the circumstantial evidence and the observations made by multiple 'band members, producers over the years.

Go back and read the (paraphrased) quote from Jarmo.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2015, 09:34:40 PM »

etc, etc, etc.

And just as I predicted when I show you what multiple band members have said (or are they lowered to 'Hired Hands' and 'liars' when they no longer back your preferred world view?). You dismiss it. Funny that calling these guys liars is fine but hired hands is so bad?

I can't be arsed debating this but as I said. The onus is on YOU to prove Axl is productive against ALL the circumstantial evidence and the observations made by multiple 'band members, producers over the years.

Is it so hard to believe they might not be in the loop?

I said Ron deceived fans by not defining his status, but at no time did I call him a "hired hand".

Read this quote again-

I don't think not knowing what has been done is sufficient evidence to conclude that nothing has been done.

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2015, 09:46:14 PM »

etc, etc, etc.

This.

She picks and chooses what side she wants to be on, whenever it suits.

I think she just likes the arguments to be honest mate.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2015, 09:49:41 PM »

Not trying to play mod here but could you all please STOP quoting the entire conversation.

It's totally unnecessary.

Thanks.  Smiley

Edited to add my 2 cents:
As a GNR fan, I personally don't find the term "hired-hand" offensive.  IMO it's similar to Nu-GNR or hired guns.

To argue over it is IMO as silly as arguing over if "original line-up" is Tracii or AFD.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 09:59:14 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2015, 09:55:37 PM »

I can't be arsed debating this but as

This.

No, I am consistently on GNR's side if you haven't noticed yet.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 09:58:35 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2015, 10:01:44 PM »

Not trying to play mod here but could you all please STOP quoting the entire conversation.

Thanks.  Smiley

As a GNR fan, I personally don't find the term "hired-hand" offensive.  IMO it's similar to Nu-GNR or hired guns.

To argue over it is IMO as silly as arguing over if "original line-up" is Tracii or AFD.

Exactly. but you are about to kick off a whole new argument with her if you use references like NU-GNR etc  hihi

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2015, 10:02:57 PM »

I can't be arsed debating this but as

This.

No, I am consistently on GNR's side if you haven't noticed yet.

Listen, to state some of your opinions and obsessions on here are slightly creepy, or whacky would be an understatement.

You caused 2 pages of rubbish on here which looks to have been deleted, try not repeating it and sticking to the topic.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2015, 10:05:18 PM »

Thanks.  Smiley

My .02 is as I stated previously - a certain contingent trots out some terms continually to get their petty little digs in- I have found some utilize both "hired hands" and "NuGNR" in a less than complimentary manner IMO.

There is NO argument as far as actual GNR history goes , it doesn't change even if some would rather ignore it.

"Shut the fuck up."
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2015, 10:19:47 PM »

It doesn't have to be CD II, III, or X! It can just be a Guns N Roses album for God's sake! confused

CD II would be a guns n roses album, with or without Slash.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2015, 10:24:56 PM »

The line-up I would like to see for 2016 is:

Axl
Dizzy
Chris
Frank
Tommy
Richard
Brian May
Derek Trucks

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2015, 10:26:26 PM »

Axl
Dizzy
Chris
Frank
Tommy
Richard
Brian May
Derek Trucks

I'm a huge Derek Trucks fan!  beer

Brian May is no slouch either.

"Shut the fuck up."
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2015, 10:32:36 PM »

Trucks is a monster....better player than Slash....not really fit for Guns but he is a badass.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2015, 10:38:04 PM »

....not really fit for Guns but he is a badass.

Same could have been said about every guitarist who was actually in GNR after the AFD line-up.  hihi

Hustlers Revenge
Opening Act

« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2015, 11:07:58 PM »

Axl
Dizzy
Chris
Frank
Tommy
Richard
Brian May
Derek Trucks

now that's something! i wanna play too!

axl
dizzy
pitman
frank
duff
fortus

helios creed and
poison ivy

OR

axl
dizzy
pitman
brain
tommy
fortus

ry cooder and
tetuzi akiyama

remember: you read it here FIRST!
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #96 on: December 23, 2015, 03:14:52 AM »

Assuming a Slash/Duff lineup - wonder what likelihood of them toying around with a VR song while on stage with Axl Huh
Princess Leia
« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2015, 05:11:34 AM »

Assuming a Slash/Duff lineup - wonder what likelihood of them toying around with a VR song while on stage with Axl Huh

If Slash and Duff do something VR related it is not gonna be on stage with Axl. They will just follow the same path we?ve seen before with other artists. Meaning unheard VR songs, some DVD and other stuff will be released as some special edition box set.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2015, 10:57:04 AM »

I would think there is an equal amount of longshot Axl would have some overwhelming desire to play a VR tune as there is Slash and Duff with CD tunes.

I think if you are willing to believe one, you sort of have to believe the other.  I know the argument will probably be made that CD tunes are "Guns N' Roses songs", but not to Slash and Duff, they aren't.

Performance of any of those tunes, VR or CD, basically comes down to the same premise.  One of the parties from the other side taking an interest and wanting to give it a try.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #99 on: December 23, 2015, 11:39:35 AM »

Even if Axl wouldn't have a burning desire to sing Fall to Pieces (say), or Slash and Duff wouldn't want to do Chinese Democracy more than anything else in the world, I can imagine that doing so, even if only once or twice would show goodwill, and be a public sign that bridges had been mended.  As when ex-members have come on for a song or two at shows here and there, it would be a nice gesture to show that things are cool.  It need not be more than that.

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: