Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 11:04:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228146 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What Is You LineUp Favorite For 2016 ?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What Is You LineUp Favorite For 2016 ?  (Read 22270 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2015, 02:49:07 PM »

So, for the purposes of this particular conversation, we are operating under the premise the album is done, and the label is happy with it?

Because its hard to keep it all straight.  He both has completed tracks done, and doesn't have completed tracks done.  He has a label that is not digging what he's been turning in, but also a label that can't wait to get it out there.

Lot of moving parts here.

You wanna play games?

I don't see the big deal assuming there'd be a finished album at some point. When there's media interest around the band.

Just like I said:

But if I was in the record company, there was an album ready and GN'R were suddenly getting a lot of media attention, I'd make sure everything was in place for Axl to put out music. However he wanted to.
That makes a lot of sense to me.

I put it in red for you so you'll notice. It seems to be the thing to do when you want something to get noticed. Apparently.
Yes, it's an assumption. You should be used to assumptions, it's what you do day in and day out.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2015, 04:22:49 PM »

Jarmo,

I still don't think CD2 coming out makes any sense what so ever if a reunion is on.

If the label contractually is owed another album, they'll want slash and duff on it over CD2 for maximum $$$

Just my op of course.

Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2015, 05:07:19 PM »

CD II and III with Duff and Slash would make no sense, but I think they could play some of the songs life (Duff did it in 2014).
Maybe as special Guests (like Sebastian Bach on Sorry) but not as band members.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2015, 05:15:52 PM »

Jarmo,

I still don't think CD2 coming out makes any sense what so ever if a reunion is on.

If the label contractually is owed another album, they'll want slash and duff on it over CD2 for maximum $$$

Just my op of course.

So you don't believe in the old saying "strike while the iron is hot"?
All I was saying that IF there was an opportunity, the record company could use all that attention to their benefit. Smiley

Well, the record company might want to add former members if they want to market is as a reunion album. And hope that will in turn bring more attention to it....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2015, 05:43:28 PM »

Jarmo,

Just my op of course.

So you don't believe in the old saying "strike while the iron is hot"?
All I was saying that IF there was an opportunity, the record company could use all that attention to their benefit. Smiley

Well, the record company might want to add former members if they want to market is as a reunion album. And hope that will in turn bring more attention to it....

/jarmo

I get what you are saying...

My opinion is... that if CD2 was coming out, it would be out by now.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2015, 05:44:33 PM »

It doesn't have to be CD II, III, or X! It can just be a Guns N Roses album for God's sake! confused

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2015, 05:48:39 PM »

maybe, just maybe....a couple other guys are putting their stamp on some of the stuff recorded during the Chinese sessions....it is not out of the question at all. In the end, everything on any Chinese material was done with Axl's approval. Slash and Duff may dig some ideas and DIVE IN AND FIND THE MONKEY! Who the fuck knows at this point, but all options are open IMO. peace

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2015, 05:54:30 PM »

Skydog, thats a possibility too...

But i mean... does Duff & Slash working on CD stuff previously recorded by Axl's hired hands make any sense for them? I'd say No. I mean.. its not out of the realms of possibilities.. but its not exactly the number 1 possibility either IMO.

If Slash and Duff wanted to work with Axl and release a guns album, surely theyd be more interested in new ideas than something that has been worked on for over 10 years by a previous line up?

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2015, 05:58:42 PM »

But i mean... does Duff & Slash working on CD stuff previously recorded by Axl's hired hands make any sense for them? I'd say No. I mean.. its not out of the realms of possibilities.. but its not exactly the number 1 possibility either IMO.

If Slash and Duff wanted to work with Axl and release a guns album, surely theyd be more interested in new ideas than something that has been worked on for over 10 years by a previous line up?

Why is is neccesary to demean  band members by referring to them as "hired hands"?

I truly don't get this mindset and why everything has to be so negative.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2015, 06:04:38 PM »

Oscar, maybe they put out an EP of songs they dig from those sessions to have some new music to tour with until they can decide on the future. I think it is likely that they play a few big shows initially to test the waters for a full tour and potential return to the studio. Plus, those hired hands were pretty fucking talented....

On the flip side, maybe Slash gave Axl a few tracks that Axl likes and wants to work on....a lot of possibilities here. As long as the material remains unreleased, includes Duff-Slash-or Axl material, it is fair game to be manipulated and changed. Think about it....

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2015, 06:06:41 PM »

My opinion is... that if CD2 was coming out, it would be out by now.

Define "out by now".

It's a pretty broad statement. You mean out in 1999? 2003? 2009? 2015? What?

/jarmo

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2015, 06:13:03 PM »

Emily, it still cracks me up. Anybody who thinks Duff has more street cred in the biz than Tommy is simply delusional. They are both great, but to demean Tommy as some cheap hired hand is downright offensive. rant

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2015, 06:20:13 PM »

Don't hold back!  Grin

/jarmo

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2015, 07:27:04 PM »

Oscar, maybe they put out an EP of songs they dig from those sessions to have some new music to tour with until they can decide on the future. I think it is likely that they play a few big shows initially to test the waters for a full tour and potential return to the studio. Plus, those hired hands were pretty fucking talented....

On the flip side, maybe Slash gave Axl a few tracks that Axl likes and wants to work on....a lot of possibilities here. As long as the material remains unreleased, includes Duff-Slash-or Axl material, it is fair game to be manipulated and changed. Think about it....

I think this a much stronger possibility then seeing Slash re-record on anything to do with CD2...

As i said yesterday to DX, i think duff and slash collaborating on new ideas with Axl isnt such a stretch of the imagination...

I think its a more plausible scenario then them re-recording parts for CD.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2015, 07:28:25 PM »

Why is is neccesary to demean  band members by referring to them as "hired hands"?

I truly don't get this mindset and why everything has to be so negative.

You could have addressed the topics we were discussing rather then nit-picking... but anyway.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2015, 07:30:42 PM »

Emily, it still cracks me up. Anybody who thinks Duff has more street cred in the biz than Tommy is simply delusional. They are both great, but to demean Tommy as some cheap hired hand is downright offensive. rant

Agreed, it just shows ignorance-either willful or otherwise-  on the part of the person throwing around the label "hired hands".

Very offensive terminology.

"Shut the fuck up."
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2015, 08:56:29 PM »

I don't think the band members meet the dictionary definition of hired hand. However they certainly meet the colloquial definition. The members of the band:

- Do not have any meaningful input of when an album gets released (see numerous complaints from band members on not being able to write or release music)
- Have no legal rights to the name
- Many of them were clearly hired to either act as session muso's in the case of Bumblefoot and perhaps  with Ashba seemingly hired with the sole intention as backing musicians to perform live

etc, etc, etc.

We can all disagree but whether you view them as legitimate band members with ownership within the creative input and output or whether you view them as hired musicians there to meet the need of an employer is open for debate. It is subjective and unprovable. Therefore to be offended about a term like this on a forum is just bizarre IMO.

Emily deliberately gets bogged down in semantics over crap like hired hands, or original band etc purely as a method of distracting discussion away from reality. It really lowers the tone of discussion on here.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2015, 09:01:20 PM »

I don't think the band members meet the dictionary definition of hired hand. However they certainly meet the colloquial definition. The members of the band:

- Do not have any meaningful input of when an album gets released (see numerous complaints from band members on not being able to write or release music)
- Many of them were clearly hired to either act as session muso's in the case of Bumblefoot and perhaps  with Ashba seemingly hired with the sole intention as backing musicians to perform live

etc, etc, etc.

We can all disagree but whether you view them as legitimate band members with ownership within the creative input and output or whether you view them as hired musicians there to meet the need of an employer is open for debate. It is subjective and unprovable. Therefore to be offended about a term like this on a forum is just bizarre IMO.

Emily deliberately gets bogged down in semantics over crap like hired hands, or original band etc purely as a method of distracting discussion away from reality. It really lowers the tone of discussion on here.

You cannot deny that when known trolls use the term "hired hands" they are making a cheap shot at GNR's expense.

It isn't innocent, it is contrived and intentional.

I'm aware of the actual history, I realize it ruffles the tail feathers of people that don't like the fact that Slash, Duff, and Steven were not original members, but that doesn't change history one iota.

"Shut the fuck up."
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2015, 09:10:47 PM »

etc, etc, etc.

You cannot deny that when known trolls use the term "hired hands" they are making a cheap shot at GNR's expense.

I'm aware of the actual history, I realize it ruffles the tail feathers of people that don't like the fact that Slash, Duff, and Steven were not original members, but that doesn't change history one iota.

I think it is a bit of a dig but nothing to get upset about the way you do. The view that these guys have not been allowed a chance to shine and have been essentially treated as 'hired hands' has some legitimacy. It's not a 'get out of here' idea. Therefore because it falls within the realms of plausibility who are you to tell off anyone (or get offended for god's sake) if someone uses the term?

If anything I think the term may be used with some sympathy for the guys that were hired and were unable to drag Axl to the recording studio or to add vocals to musical sketches etc.

Either way who cares. It's not blatantly aggressive so let others have a view.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2015, 09:15:03 PM »

etc, etc, etc.

I think it is a bit of a dig but nothing to get upset about the way you do. The view that these guys have not been allowed a chance to shine and have been essentially treated as 'hired hands' has some legitimacy. It's not a 'get out of here' idea. Therefore because it falls within the realms of plausibility who are you to tell off anyone (or get offended for god's sake) if someone uses the term?

If anything I think the term may be used with some sympathy for the guys that were hired and were unable to drag Axl to the recording studio or to add vocals to musical sketches etc.

Either way who cares. It's not blatantly aggressive so let others have a view.

Honestly wasn't upset, trying to gauge emotions from an internet post isn't very accurate .

It's annoying when some trolls parade out the same offensive idiocy and terminology day after day, it is tiring.

Please provide proof for your claim that "guys were unable to drag Axl to the studio or add vocals to musical sketches".

"Shut the fuck up."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: