Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 10:56:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228142 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What Is You LineUp Favorite For 2016 ?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What Is You LineUp Favorite For 2016 ?  (Read 22182 times)
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2015, 01:24:55 PM »

Tracii Guns

The only L.A. Guns tune I can recall is 'The Ballad Of Jayne', which I always sort of liked.

Did they have any other "hits"?  Or at least videos that got airplay?

I just wanna see if Tracii and Axl still can work together, at least in form of a tour.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 01:28:11 PM by Sosso » Logged

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2015, 02:23:39 PM »

I just wanna see if Tracii and Axl still can work together, at least in form of a tour.

"Still work together?"  But they never did really work together in the form of a tour.  Tracii ditched the band and got himself canned.   Tongue  Even Emily's not gonna deny that one!   Cheesy
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2015, 04:15:44 AM »

But it's also possible that in the hypothetical scenario, they'd see those songs and see a chance to put their stamp on it..... Like "Ok, you heard that song the way the other guys played it, here's what it would've sounded with us"...

I think both are possible scenarios in the hypothetical reunion tour scenario.

/jarmo

Possible, but hard to see. I think it's possible that Slash has no interest in "putting his stamp" on anything off of this album.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2015, 12:31:10 PM »

Bizzaro World....buckle your chin straps boys and girls. I think it is on. yes

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2015, 01:19:38 PM »

Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Matt, Dizzy

or

Axl, Robin, Bucket, Paul, Tommy, Brain, Dizzy, Chris
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2015, 08:07:48 AM »

DJ replacement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQUvtXz3ZeY

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2015, 02:24:11 PM »

For the people saying Axl and Duff won't play over stuff already written by old band members. I think that's more likely to happen, than Axl Slash and Duff writting new stuff together.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2015, 02:29:21 PM »

For the people saying Axl and Duff won't play over stuff already written by old band members. I think that's more likely to happen, than Axl Slash and Duff writting new stuff together.

Well, put in those terms, sure.

The chances that Axl, Slash and Duff would start from scratch and put out some new album is total fantasy.

Slash and Duff being interested in things Robin Finck and Paul Tobias wrote 10-12 years ago is only mostly fantasy.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2015, 04:40:11 PM »

Well, put in those terms, sure.

The chances that Axl, Slash and Duff would start from scratch and put out some new album is total fantasy.

Slash and Duff being interested in things Robin Finck and Paul Tobias wrote 10-12 years ago is only mostly fantasy.

I'm not so sure it is "total fantasy"..

I mean, for starters, everyone knows Slash likes to keep moving forward, keeping busy... hes been quite prolific the last few years with Myles. IF hes going to continue doing those things with Myles (and all indications are that is what is going to happen), then a GNR tour is probably fine with him as an extra and a huge pay day. 

IF Axl wants GNR to be a full-time gig... in terms of commitment, and time spent.. then is Slash going to be happy with that if they arent writing anything? If its reunion only.. does anyone see CD2 seeing the light of day? What you are suggesting is almost.. we have seen the last GNR album released. If Theres nothing on the horizon for CD2, and slash/duff/axl writing another album is fantasy.. then we have pretty much seen the last new music going on that premise.

There is a million scenarios at play here. With bugger all info to go on... its just guess work. Some scenarios are more plausible then others though granted.  Wink
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2015, 07:33:05 PM »

I think if there is a reunion tour, CD II never sees the light of day.

I see this as a zero sum game.  You gotta pick which you'd rather have.

I'm interested to hear CD II, but where are we on that?  Nowhere. 

So give me the reunion tour.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2015, 07:53:11 PM »

Oh I agree... If there is a reunion, then i dont CD2 ever seeing the light of day either. It makes no sense for that to happen IMO.

What i am saying is, if there is talks about these guys getting back together, do you think new music from these guys is really that far out of the realms of possibility? I dont see Guns reforming in terms of Axl, Slash, and Duff and (and whoever else) and Slash being totally content to just roll through the hits for the next however long? Thats not how Slash operates these days. If this reunion goes ahead and its say a selected set of dates and thats it.. then yeah.. ok... i see that happening, but if they are back together.. as a band.. in an ongoing capacity... for Slash at least, i think he would not be content with just doing tours.. there has to be new music.

Thats where all this gets interesting (in terms of being a fan and speculating).. if there is a reunion.. to what extent does this go? Slash has been vocal that hes got new stuff happening with Myles.. so perhaps hes happy with that as far as pumping new music out is concerned? But you cant tell me that if there has been talks going on.. this subject would surely have to have been discussed...

where are they going with it? 

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2015, 07:58:17 PM »

What i am saying is, if there is talks about these guys getting back together, do you think new music from these guys is really that far out of the realms of possibility?

Yes, I do.  100%

They would be starting from absolute scratch.  And even in their prime, they weren't workaholics.  They put AFD together quickly, but that was also having a lot of that already together.  UYI was over 4 years later.

So if you are asking me the chances they all patch it up, all get in the studio, and crank something out quickly are good?  I say no.

As you said in the rest of your post, Slash has other shit going on.  Is he really going to sit around for god knows how long while Axl waits for the inspiration to lay down some vocals?  Or has to be reminded were the studio even is?

No, if this happens, I see a thanks for the memories type of reunion tour where they end it on a higher note than they left it in 1993.

But I think their days as a creative force are in the rearviewmirror.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2015, 08:12:50 PM »

What i am saying is, if there is talks about these guys getting back together, do you think new music from these guys is really that far out of the realms of possibility?

Yes, I do.  100%

They would be starting from absolute scratch.  And even in their prime, they weren't workaholics.  They put AFD together quickly, but that was also having a lot of that already together.  UYI was over 4 years later.

So if you are asking me the chances they all patch it up, all get in the studio, and crank something out quickly are good?  I say no.

As you said in the rest of your post, Slash has other shit going on.  Is he really going to sit around for god knows how long while Axl waits for the inspiration to lay down some vocals?  Or has to be reminded were the studio even is?

No, if this happens, I see a thanks for the memories type of reunion tour where they end it on a higher note than they left it in 1993.

I can see that point of view.

But im on the other end of the argument, even though i know i am backing the roughie here.  Wink

Call it stupidity... because every point ^^^ is completely on the money, but i see one more album. And i dont see CD2.

Axl hasnt been spotted for 18 months, i honestly think we will see a physically fit, vocally strong Axl when he returns, most definitely that will be the case if its a reunion. That spotlight is huge, and he will not want to be seen as a weak link... this thing is too big for that.

Which brings me to the point above... yes... i do see him being refreshed and willing to re-enter a studio and highly motivated.. especially if mistakes have been learnt from. If they want to do an album, and they creatively agree on which direction that should be, i honestly see no barrier in getting it done with a renewed attitude towards it.

The probably of it happening? I dunno...maybe 5%

but we said that about reunion.... and that probability no longer sits at 5% in most peoples eyes.

(note, i have my positivity hat on today)  Cheesy
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2015, 09:11:29 PM »

Yes, I do.  100%

"Has to be reminded of where the studio is"

You are full of massive amounts of pure, unadulterated shit with comments like this.  rant

Happy Festivus!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 01:54:06 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2015, 03:59:14 AM »

Oh I agree... If there is a reunion, then i dont CD2 ever seeing the light of day either. It makes no sense for that to happen IMO.

What i am saying is, if there is talks about these guys getting back together, do you think new music from these guys is really that far out of the realms of possibility? I dont see Guns reforming in terms of Axl, Slash, and Duff and (and whoever else) and Slash being totally content to just roll through the hits for the next however long? Thats not how Slash operates these days. If this reunion goes ahead and its say a selected set of dates and thats it.. then yeah.. ok... i see that happening, but if they are back together.. as a band.. in an ongoing capacity... for Slash at least, i think he would not be content with just doing tours.. there has to be new music.

Thats where all this gets interesting (in terms of being a fan and speculating).. if there is a reunion.. to what extent does this go? Slash has been vocal that hes got new stuff happening with Myles.. so perhaps hes happy with that as far as pumping new music out is concerned? But you cant tell me that if there has been talks going on.. this subject would surely have to have been discussed...

where are they going with it? 

This would validate the article that says the AFD line-up want to clear up their obligations before getting together
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2015, 05:55:09 AM »

If there is a reunion, then i dont CD2 ever seeing the light of day either. It makes no sense for that to happen IMO.

I don't know how the business works. I'm sure the real experts can enlighten us.

But if I was in the record company, there was an album ready and GN'R were suddenly getting a lot of media attention, I'd make sure everything was in place for Axl to put out music. However he wanted to.
That makes a lot of sense to me.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2015, 08:33:33 AM »

yep....

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2015, 09:20:37 AM »

I'm surprised there's still no new single in the air...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2015, 02:08:10 PM »

But if I was in the record company, there was an album ready and GN'R were suddenly getting a lot of media attention, I'd make sure everything was in place for Axl to put out music. However he wanted to.
That makes a lot of sense to me.

So, for the purposes of this particular conversation, we are operating under the premise the album is done, and the label is happy with it?

Because its hard to keep it all straight.  He both has completed tracks done, and doesn't have completed tracks done.  He has a label that is not digging what he's been turning in, but also a label that can't wait to get it out there.

Lot of moving parts here.

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2015, 02:42:05 PM »

Tracii Guns

The only L.A. Guns tune I can recall is 'The Ballad Of Jayne', which I always sort of liked.

Did they have any other "hits"?  Or at least videos that got airplay?

Last time Tracii brought it up, Axl laughed at the idea.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: