Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 10:26:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228142 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What Is You LineUp Favorite For 2016 ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What Is You LineUp Favorite For 2016 ?  (Read 22169 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2015, 01:37:18 AM »

With NIN on hiatus, I wonder if Robin could end up back in the band??    Wouldn't be the first time he returned.     Probably not, but would be cool.   beer
hRob
Rocker

The Defender of the Opera

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2015, 03:47:45 AM »

If you had a girlfriend you broke up with, then reconciled with 10 years later, would you really draw much attention to things you did with other girls in the meantime?  I doubt it.  Because its awkward.  It might be best to leave all that stuff be, lest risk the reconciliation.

Like I said, not a perfect analogy.  But you see the point I'm after.

That's pretty much exactly what Ian Gillan is saying about Deep Purple's MK3 era/songs.

It's a possible scenario and then there is also the Iron Maiden/Bruce Dickinson approach, where Bruce doesn't seem to mind to sing a Blaze song here and there.

13/6/2006 Prague, 27/9/2010 Prague, 13/7/2012 Pie?ťany, 4/7/2017 Prague
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2015, 06:34:29 AM »

Singing is a bit different than guitar playing don't you think?  Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Trash Boat
Opening Act

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2015, 06:54:00 AM »

Go for option 1, but don't mind as long as Axl is cool with whatever he chooses  peace
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2015, 06:57:44 AM »

Personally I just don't see Slash playing with Axl for 2 years minimum even if the relationship has thawed. Too many potential pitfalls and legal issues to broach. The latest incarnation of GNR appears to be dead in the water and replacing 2-3 members to tour CD again would simply stretch the friendship too far with many. So It does seem if GNR are to continue the only viable option is a partial reunion I think it's likely some time off away from the spotlight to concentrate on the personal relationship is the most important aspect anyway. Another issue is that said Duff and Slash will not stick around for lengthy periods of inactivity and most certainly would not allow themselves to be as out of the loop as the previous guys.....I think I'm saying who the hell knows.

But what the hey, we are speculating and stating our dream team.

Axl
Slash
Izzy (If new songs are being written) or Richard if not. (Although I do think a Slash/Richard combo could work brilliantly)
Duff
Frank
Dizzy

Jarmo, if we are discussing a dream team scenario who would you rate as the best combo for either a tour or a new album. As a fan of all incarnations which members hold which strengths and chemistry to you?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 07:00:02 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2015, 07:12:09 AM »

Personally I just don't see Slash playing with Axl for 2 years minimum even if the relationship has thawed. Too many potential pitfalls and legal issues to broach. The latest incarnation of GNR appears to be dead in the water and replacing 2-3 members to tour CD again would simply stretch the friendship too far with many. So It does seem if GNR are to continue the only viable option is a partial reunion I think it's likely some time off away from the spotlight to concentrate on the personal relationship is the most important aspect anyway. Another issue is that said Duff and Slash will not stick around for lengthy periods of inactivity and most certainly would not allow themselves to be as out of the loop as the previous guys.....I think I'm saying who the hell knows.

Axl
Slash
Izzy (If new songs are being written) or Richard if not. (Although I do think a Slash/Richard combo could work brilliantly)
Duff
Frank
Dizzy

Jarmo, if we are discussing a dream team scenario who would you rate as the best combo for either a tour or a new album. As a fan of all incarnations which members hold which strengths and chemistry to you?

Pitman Is In GNR

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2015, 08:36:02 AM »

Axl
Slash
Duff
Frank
Dizzy

Pitman Is In GNR

Yes but that's my wish list I guess. Happy for him to remain but then again am not too fussed either.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2015, 08:47:38 AM »

I'd like to see the musicians who had a hand in writing and recording the albums they worked on.

If they are going to play a set of 85 percent Appetite and illusions... well then I want to see Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy play them. Pick a drummer, preferably Matt Sorum and sprinkle in Dizzy on the songs that are needed.

Same as always...

If Axl ever wanted to do a Chinese Democracy residency and play thru the album... then I would want to see those people onstage with him... (Robin, Brain, Buckethead)

This makes sense to people right?  Roll Eyes

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2015, 10:15:36 AM »

Axl
Slash
Duff
Frank
Dizzy

You forgot Chris.
Anyway, what you just posted would probably make most fans and casual fans happy since they'd get the "reunion". Even if it wasn't the AFD5.

All the line ups I've seen have played great shows and had great chemistry.
Both Duff and Tommy worked well. Many fans have a nostalgic (?) emotional attachment to Duff since he was part of the band way back when they made those old albums and videos.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2015, 10:30:49 AM »

I'd like to see the musicians who had a hand in writing and recording the albums they worked on.

If they are going to play a set of 85 percent Appetite and illusions... well then I want to see Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy play them. Pick a drummer, preferably Matt Sorum and sprinkle in Dizzy on the songs that are needed.

Same as always...

If Axl ever wanted to do a Chinese Democracy residency and play thru the album... then I would want to see those people onstage with him... (Robin, Brain, Buckethead)

You Remember ?

- GNR NOT IS BURGUER KING -

beer

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2015, 10:31:46 AM »

I'm sorry... I hope to see Duff on bass play It's So Easy over anybody else. I don't know if that makes me nostalgic or not.

I just don't want two brand new guitar players and or a brand new bass player, that have nothing to do with not one Guns N Roses recording.

Which i think is at least a decent possibility... Even if Slash gets up there one day... I don't think it will be in 2016, if you assume he's telling the truth about a new album and tour this coming year... so where do they go for lead guitar?

Robin? I'd be on board with that...Richard take over the bulk of lead parts? Maybe Ron does a 180? ALL better options than new guys joining up.

Who the fuck knows.

HBK... I apologize for getting away from the intent of ur poll.. If I have to choose from ur options... I'll say 1.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2015, 10:32:45 AM »

Same as always...

You Remember ?

- GNR NOT IS BURGUER KING -

beer

I apologize, but I don't follow this one.

You asked what peoples preference are... so I gave it.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2015, 10:35:18 AM »

I'm sorry... I hope to see Duff on bass play It's So Easy over anybody else. I don't know if that makes me nostalgic or not.

I just don't want two brand new guitar players and or a brand new bass player, that have nothing to do with not one Guns N Roses recording.

Which i think is at least a decent possibility... Even if Slash gets up there one day... I don't think it will be in 2016, if you assume he's telling the truth about a new album and tour this coming year... so where do they go for lead guitar?

Robin? I'd be on board with that...Richard take over the bulk of lead parts? Maybe Ron does a 180? ALL better options than new guys joining up.

Who the fuck knows.

HBK... I apologize for getting away from the intent of ur poll.. If I have to choose from ur options... I'll say 1.

It was just a reminder

ok

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2015, 10:55:45 AM »

My favourite line ups for 2016:

1. Axl Rose, Dizzy Reed, Robin Finck, Tommy Stinson, Chris Pitman, Richard Fortus, Frank Ferrer, Dave Navarro

2. Axl Rose, Dizzy Reed, Robin Finck, Tommy Stinson, Chris Pitman, Buckethead, Bain, Richard Fortus

3. Axl Rose, Tracii Guns, Dizzy Reed, Tommy Stinson, Chris Pitman, Richard Fortus, Frank Ferrer, Dave Navarro
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 11:47:38 PM by Sosso » Logged

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2015, 01:52:42 PM »

Tracii Guns would have to be one the longer shots, I would think.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2015, 03:34:14 PM »

Tracii Guns would have to be one the longer shots, I would think.

But he was an original member Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2015, 04:17:56 PM »

Oh no you didn't.....

Here comes the "But Axl said...." brigade.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2015, 08:56:18 PM »

Tracii Guns

The only L.A. Guns tune I can recall is 'The Ballad Of Jayne', which I always sort of liked.

Did they have any other "hits"?  Or at least videos that got airplay?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2015, 07:13:03 AM »

Tracii Guns

The only L.A. Guns tune I can recall is 'The Ballad Of Jayne', which I always sort of liked.

Did they have any other "hits"?  Or at least videos that got airplay?

i saw their greatest hits album once. true story. didnt buy it though, bought jonny cash american 5 instead, even though i was curious. i kind of figured the only reason they had a cd in best buy was because people hard core enough would know the gnr connection and buy it based off that. could be wrong.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2015, 10:30:50 AM »

With NIN on hiatus, I wonder if Robin could end up back in the band?? 

not anymore.

Nine Inch Nails set to return in 2016 says Trent Reznor

Posting on his personal account, Reznor said "New NIN coming in 2016. Other stuff, too."

http://www.nme.com/news/nine-inch-nails/90425

so, I would say : no Slash, and no Robin.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: