Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:03:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016  (Read 93487 times)
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #320 on: October 20, 2015, 09:28:31 AM »

new single > january 2016
new album > march 2016
new tour   > june 2016

that's my plan.  hihi

still my plan  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #321 on: October 20, 2015, 09:42:52 AM »

Def Leppard, hardly the epitome of relevance in 2015 (obviously), has some news :

UK's iconic rockers DEF LEPPARD will release their brand new, self-titled album on October 30th, and now the band is streaming another track from it, for the song 'Dangerous', and you can check it out below.

The Japanese edition of the album will include the bonus track 'Last Dance' (Demo), while the Classic Rock Fanpack edition will include the bonus tracks 'We Belong' (Alternative Vocal Take) and 'Let?s Go' (UK radio edit).

DEF LEPPARD's new album will be released as a Classic Rock Fanpack on October 30th. The Fanpack will include the CD (including the exclusive bonus tracks), a 116-page magazine featuring all-new interviews with all five band members, all-new photos and a track-by-track guide to the album, a series of collectable art cards, and a metal DEF LEPPARD keyring. The album will also be available as a double-vinyl edition.

Oh, and they also just announced a U.S. tour.

How were they ever able to get all this done?  As we know :

- rock is dead
- releasing an album is like growing a garden on Mars
- no one tours the U.S., because, you know...Metallica, that time

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Annie
« Reply #322 on: October 20, 2015, 09:43:26 AM »

new single > january 2016
new album > march 2016
new tour   > june 2016

that's my plan.  hihi

still my plan  hihi

When you're talking to yourself, and nobody's at home...
This is not about your plan. it's about you quoting yourself. hihi
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 09:45:44 AM by Sweet Child O'DEXTER » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #323 on: October 20, 2015, 11:33:12 AM »

- rock is dead

Def Leppard is also not signed to Universal Music. It's also their first album since, you guessed it, 2008.
Metallica still hasn't toured the USA since their Death Magnetic tour. Prove me wrong. Oh wait, you'd rather ignore me and pretend you're right.

Nice try.
Keep trolling for attention.

Edited to add: You forgot to make a comparison between refugees fleeing for their lives and releasing an album.

You could also make the argument that people were having a civil discussion about the topic and then this attention seeker had to try to change focus to something that suits him more. Whining about GN'R not doing things the way Def Leppard does them....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 12:13:45 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #324 on: October 20, 2015, 11:40:43 AM »

Def Leppard, hardly the epitome of relevance in 2015 (obviously), has some news :

UK's iconic rockers DEF LEPPARD will release their brand new, self-titled album on October 30th, and now the band is streaming another track from it, for the song 'Dangerous', and you can check it out below.

The Japanese edition of the album will include the bonus track 'Last Dance' (Demo), while the Classic Rock Fanpack edition will include the bonus tracks 'We Belong' (Alternative Vocal Take) and 'Let?s Go' (UK radio edit).

DEF LEPPARD's new album will be released as a Classic Rock Fanpack on October 30th. The Fanpack will include the CD (including the exclusive bonus tracks), a 116-page magazine featuring all-new interviews with all five band members, all-new photos and a track-by-track guide to the album, a series of collectable art cards, and a metal DEF LEPPARD keyring. The album will also be available as a double-vinyl edition.

Oh, and they also just announced a U.S. tour.

- rock is dead
Def Leppard tours the U.S. pretty much every year with other big name acts. This will be their first full album of original material since 2008. And they play a static setlist along the way. I've seen them about 8 times the last 8 years and while it's a great time, it's basically the same show over and over. Much less variance than a GNR show.

I hate to continually play this card, but Guns situation is different than any other act out there today. There's really no comparison to Def Leppard, aside from both becoming massive in the 80's. I don't think I have to point out the many differences in their current situations. They're pretty clear.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #325 on: October 20, 2015, 11:50:27 AM »

Also, Def Leppard had pretty much given up on the whole album concept. They were going to release songs, but not full albums due to the current state of the music business. They released a single a few years ago and toured behind it, and their hits of course. The next time they got together to work on new music they had a full album worth of material. But the landscape has changed. Releasing albums isn't as much of a priority as it once was. It's also not nearly as easy. Def Leppard hasn't exactly been inactive since 2008. Quite the contrary, yet this will be their first album release since then. That must say something.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #326 on: October 20, 2015, 11:51:10 AM »

I hate to continually play this card, but Guns situation is different than any other act out there today. There's really no comparison to Def Leppard, aside from both becoming massive in the 80's. I don't think I have to point out the many differences in their current situations. They're pretty clear.

Oh, I wasn't really comparing them as acts.

Also knew full well when I posted that, we will just be adding them to the list of non applicable comparisons.  We'll discover time travel before someone can come up with an example deemed legitimately analogous to GNR and thus be fair game to compare and contrast.

The search continues, presumably in vain.

In other news, Keith Richards just put out a solo album.  Because, obviously, the world was so clamoring for one after 22 years.  He got it out though.  Then did all sorts of press and it wound up debuting in the top 10.  Keith Richards.  In 2015.

But, he's a solo artist and GNR is a band, so...

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #327 on: October 20, 2015, 11:52:57 AM »

Also, Def Leppard had pretty much given up on the whole album concept. They were going to release songs, but not full albums due to the current state of the music business. They released a single a few years ago and toured behind it, and their hits of course. The next time they got together to work on new music they had a full album worth of material. But the landscape has changed. Releasing albums isn't as much of a priority as it once was. It's also not nearly as easy. Def Leppard hasn't exactly been inactive since 2008. Quite the contrary, yet this will be their first album release since then. That must say something.

Ah, so they were able to release a single, just one measly song, as they tried to figure out how to move forward? 

And did this before going on a tour to play mostly old stuff?

Interesting.

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #328 on: October 20, 2015, 12:06:26 PM »

Guns N? Roses does not release music like other bands, because Guns N? Roses is not like other bands.
Guns N? Roses does things their way, and their way is not doing things. It?s always been that way. Except when it wasn?t.
Like back when they used to release music like other bands. That was cool.
But, not releasing records is the new ?cool?, and no one is cooler than GN?R.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #329 on: October 20, 2015, 12:07:50 PM »

Ah, so they were able to release a single, just one measly song, as they tried to figure out how to move forward? 

And did this before going on a tour to play mostly old stuff?

Interesting.

Yep. They also don't have a fractured fan base. A former iconic guitarist who many people side with over the current lead singer. They weren't ever know as the most dangerous band in the world, once again led by a sometimes volatile lead singer. And their record company didn't pump 15 million dollars into their last album and "rush" the release and allegedly abandon whatever marketing plan they had.

I'll save you the trouble and also point out how their lead singer didn't disappear from the public eye after their last album release and didn't publicly lambaste their record company for their mishandling of said release. They haven't had countless members leave the band, aside from Steve Clark, RIP. To my knowledge they haven't had countless changes in management over the years either.

Some of those things may have factored into a less than ideal working business relationship between GNR and Universal.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #330 on: October 20, 2015, 12:11:04 PM »

Guns N? Roses does not release music like other bands, because Guns N? Roses is not like other bands.
Guns N? Roses does things their way, and their way is not doing things. It?s always been that way. Except when it wasn?t.
Who's saying it's cool? I'm just pointing out that's the way it is and some possible reasons for it. In no way do I think it's cool, and I find it hard to believe anyone else does either. But each week artists release albums. That doesn't change or have any effect on the current situation of GNR.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #331 on: October 20, 2015, 12:12:50 PM »

Some of those things may have factored into a less than ideal working business relationship between GNR and Universal.

But they just released a DVD.  This is consistently pointed to as proof things have improved on that front.  Isn't it?

So, by that rationale, there shouldn't be those same obstacles to releasing, say...1 song out of a vault of 30 before a tour.

Right?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #332 on: October 20, 2015, 12:17:04 PM »

Who's saying it's cool? I'm just pointing out that's the way it is and some possible reasons for it. In no way do I think it's cool, and I find it hard to believe anyone else does either. But each week artists release albums. That doesn't change or have any effect on the current situation of GNR.

You're arguing with people who don't wanna talk about the topic. They wanna talk about how much GN'R hurts their feelings... Smiley

Notice how they all avoid replying to me. Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #333 on: October 20, 2015, 12:20:07 PM »

So, by that rationale, there shouldn't be those same obstacles to releasing, say...1 song out of a vault of 30 before a tour.

Right?

Does the label want to do this? In what capacity would this be done? Digital only? Streaming? Single? Movie soundtrack? TV commercial? Does it get released on its own or is it part of something like an album? Who gets to pick the song? Who gets to decide the release date?

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #334 on: October 20, 2015, 12:25:34 PM »

I agree with that last sentence in the sense that if GNR can't be bothered to act, no, it doesn't matter how many bands release things every week of every year.

However, doesn't the fact that things are released every week of every year at least suggest that the hold up is on the GNR end, in terms of artist's indifference?

No, nothing anyone says here will change anything.  No, they don't owe us, not one god damn thing.

But how long can we really cling to this desperation this is all someone else's fault entirely?  At the bare minimum, I think we have to allow some of this on the band and their management, right?

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #335 on: October 20, 2015, 12:29:58 PM »

But they just released a DVD.  This is consistently pointed to as proof things have improved on that front.  Isn't it?

Right?
That is a good sign. That's why I'm hopeful for an album release eventually. But I wasn't waiting for Def Leppard or Keith Richards to release an album to prove to myself that it's not going to happen.

All that stuff doesn't erase what did happen though. The relationship may be healing, and it appears that it is. With Iovine hopefully out of the picture, maybe they can play nicer together. The DVD was certainly a good first step. Maybe an album is around the corner. We can only hope. Same thing could be said for Axl and Slash. Things seem to be pointing up for them ever so slightly. That doesn't necessarily mean reunion plans are in full swing. I think you'd agree with that. You have to start somewhere. Things were quite bad on both fronts for many years. Now there seems to be some improvement. That's a good thing. Who knows what the recent reunion chatter has done to alter any plans though. Something that seemed kind of improbable now seems a bit less so. Some may have changed their minds about what should happen next.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #336 on: October 20, 2015, 12:38:53 PM »

I agree with that last sentence in the sense that if GNR can't be bothered to act, no, it doesn't matter how many bands release things every week of every year.

However, doesn't the fact that things are released every week of every year at least suggest that the hold up is on the GNR end, in terms of artist's indifference?

No, nothing anyone says here will change anything.  No, they don't owe us, not one god damn thing.

But how long can we really cling to this desperation this is all someone else's fault entirely?  At the bare minimum, I think we have to allow some of this on the band and their management, right?

I personally have never claimed that it's all on the record label. Obviously there are a lot of factors at play. Axl may want things done a certain way. The label may want things done another. But there are countless stories about how corrupt the music business is and how they've screwed over artists since the beginning of time. I can't say I blame Axl for not wanting to do everything the label's way, and being wary of their motives. We have it easy. We decide whether or not to purchase whatever music is released. We don't have to deal with the ugly business side of the industry unless you want to decide on buying vs. "stealing". So it's quite easy to complain about not having a new album to purchase after 7 years or 14 songs in 20 years. It makes no difference to us, how it gets done, but I'd venture to guess that it's vastly different on the other end.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #337 on: October 20, 2015, 12:40:55 PM »

All that stuff doesn't erase what did happen though. The relationship may be healing, and it appears that it is. With Iovine hopefully out of the picture, maybe they can play nicer together. The DVD was certainly a good first step. Maybe an album is around the corner. We can only hope.

Indeed.

But I believe I saw it posted either here or one of the other GNR boards that the DVD sold pretty well, at least in terms of how those things sell.

If that's the case, it suggests at least some demand for current (or at least post-classic era) GNR.

Would you think it made sense to then have things working on the album front to try and strike while the iron is hot?  When did that DVD come out?  Last fall or so?  I'm not suggesting an album should have followed by last Christmas, but what about by this Christmas?  Or early next year?

Wouldn't there be some sort of indicator that was going on?

People often say we didn't know in 2008 it was coming.  That there were no signs.  Is that true though?  We got out last round of leaks 4-5 months before it dropped, as someone with sticky fingers grabbed up some rough demos being mixed and mastered.  We had a tracklist a few months before.  Then, the ultimate, we started hearing about a release date.

Weren't those signs?

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #338 on: October 20, 2015, 12:50:24 PM »

Right?

Does the label want to do this? In what capacity would this be done? Digital only? Streaming? Single? Movie soundtrack? TV commercial? Does it get released on its own or is it part of something like an album? Who gets to pick the song? Who gets to decide the release date?

/jarmo

Does the band want to do this?  That's the first question to ask...why do you point the finger at the label?  Also, the rest of your questions could be answered in less than a three hour meeting.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #339 on: October 20, 2015, 12:52:03 PM »

I know. Just a little light hearted ribbing at no one in particular, my friend.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: