Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 09:05:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016  (Read 93952 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #280 on: October 19, 2015, 04:15:42 PM »

My question (which I don?t think has been answered yet) regarding TB is whose interest are they managing:  Axl?s or Guns n Roses, and, if there is a difference between the two, which would they pick?  I guess you could argue that Axl?s interests and GnR?s interest are one and the way, but that's not always the case.

This happened during the UYI tour?Axl (per his own words) said it wasn?t in his best interest to be on that tour.  Obviously, it was in the best interest of the band because that tour is still regarded as one of the longest and most successful tour of all-time.  

This same scenario could be playing out now.  You?ve had multiple departures and no one really knows what, if anything, is going on.  The best thing for Guns n Roses (as evidenced by all the recent media attention and positive support) would be to have a reunion tour.  However, that may not be in Axl?s best interest.  

So, when TB, as the manager of the band, is sitting around the meeting table, which hat do they have on:  Axl or Guns n Roses?  I would submit, based on the personal relationship TB has with Axl, that they would wear the Axl hat?and that?s my main point with TB.  It?s hard to mix personal relationships with business?just ask Slash.

I think when it comes to "Guns N Roses" it's ultimately Axl who calls all the shots anyway. The management ideally won't move on anything unless Axl gives a go. The public can of course argue on what is best for GN'R as a band, but in the end, if Axl isn't happy with it or agree on it, it won't happen ? not with today's management anyway. Previous managements would probably be viable to push Axl into doing things.

I'd rather have an Axl on a tour that he has agreed to do rather than a tour that would benefit GN'R as a band but leaves us with an unhappy Axl. I think that's when the cancellations keeps rolling in.

With today's management, I'm pretty sure we're left with a "happy Axl".  Cheesy

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #281 on: October 19, 2015, 04:19:41 PM »

The people who "question" management, for some reason forgot that after Team Brazil took over, shows and tours went smoother than before.
Wonder why that's overlooked?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #282 on: October 19, 2015, 04:20:34 PM »

I find it extremely hard to conceive of any scenario where TB pushes through on something in the interest of Guns N' Roses, even if it means going against Axl's wishes.

Which, I understand.  Understand that's how it is, not necessarily understand its a great way to run a business.

Sometimes, Vinny Chase needed E to kick him in the ass, even though they were lifelong friends.  And he was freakin' Aquaman.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #283 on: October 19, 2015, 04:23:29 PM »

I'd rather have an Axl on a tour that he has agreed to do rather than a tour that would benefit GN'R as a band but leaves us with an unhappy Axl. I think that's when the cancellations keeps rolling in.

I think this is on the mark.

He did not want to be on tour in the Summer of 1991, and I don't think there is any real argument he hid that point.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #284 on: October 19, 2015, 04:25:05 PM »

I find it extremely hard to conceive of any scenario where TB pushes through on something in the interest of Guns N' Roses, even if it means going against Axl's wishes.

Just because you do, doesn't mean that's how it is.

How many late night shows has he been on? Doesn't really seem like his thing does it? But he did it.
Not saying it was against his wishes, but maybe it's not his favorite thing to do.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #285 on: October 19, 2015, 04:26:51 PM »

I think the management discussion is much to do about nothing.
It certainly appears Axl is going to do what Axl wants to do, regardless of what management is pushing/suggesting.
I don?t think anyone necessarily has a problem with that mindset. Just disappointed that what he seems to want to do post Illusions era, is not much.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #286 on: October 19, 2015, 04:28:59 PM »

Mid 2008 to mid 2014 was the most active the band's been in ages.
Easy to forget that with some of the doom and gloom posters.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #287 on: October 19, 2015, 04:30:07 PM »

I don?t think anyone necessarily has a problem with that mindset. Just disappointed that what he seems to want to do post Illusions era, is not much.

Unless this was the objective.

The thinking at the time was that he bounced the others to take things off in another direction and do things his way.

But perhaps the error was thinking "his way" meant all this new exciting stuff.  When, in actual fact "his way" meant being accountable to no one and never having to do much of anything.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #288 on: October 19, 2015, 04:33:03 PM »

The people who "question" management, for some reason forgot that after Team Brazil took over, shows and tours went smoother than before.

/jarmo

What do you mean smoother?  You mean Axl showed up on time?  That's been happening before TB took over, right?

Also, what about Rock Fuel's comments about how it was difficult working with TB (which I mentioned earlier but was not addressed).  Isn't this a valid reason to "question" management, when there is another company questioning their management skills?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #289 on: October 19, 2015, 04:35:40 PM »

Also, what about Rock Fuel's comments about how it was difficult working with TB (which I mentioned earlier but was not addressed).  Isn't this a valid reason to "question" management, when there is another company questioning their management skills?

That talk never really made it over here. 

I agree, I don't think it was encouraging.  And at least warranted a conversation.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #290 on: October 19, 2015, 04:38:20 PM »

What do you mean smoother?  You mean Axl showed up on time?  That's been happening before TB took over, right?

I meant, the tours happened.
Compare to 2001 or 2002.

I don't know what they said.
I think if a company makes that kind of comments, it also reflects on them.

I can give you an example. If you're used to doing things one way, and then I'm doing the same thing differently. If we have to work together and you insist on doing things your way, I could say "He's difficult to work with". Does it means there's something wrong with you? No, it doesn't automatically mean that. Just that it's a different situation.

I think this might happen with GN'R a lot. People are used to something and get upset because GN'R doesn't do what everybody else is doing.

But what do I know? I'm an angry robot who scares adult men from responding to my posts! hihi

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 04:49:03 PM by jarmo » Logged

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #291 on: October 19, 2015, 05:16:18 PM »

/jarmo

Exactly! Just off the top of my head there have been numerous successful tours, the TMS interview with Eddie Trunk, The Kimmel interview, The Golden Gods show/awards,  and a new DVD live show release just last year

ALSO the official fan club now has monthly giveaways- how some people can even attempt to crtique this is beyond me.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #292 on: October 19, 2015, 05:22:23 PM »

That's an easy way out isn't it?
I don't like the way you typed those words so I don't answer them.

And I actually believed (at least a part of me did) that you guys liked discussions.
But only on YOUR terms when you're asked sugarcoated questions not to ruffle your feathers....

So now we got the duo ignoring my questions. I guess their feelings got hurt. Sorry! * hugs *

With my 40 years of life, I tend to think that if you get into a discussion, you need to be able to handle it. Especially if you go to a fan site and start questioning 99% of what the band is or has done.

/jarmo

As Sofine said, its to the point where you just dance around the real points with lingo in an attempt to sound intelligent whilst getting straight to the point and actually addressing the real issues that the "whiners" have that never happens thats the issue here.

Its amost to the point now... where the bigger issue on here is how you actually go about dealing with the dissenters and the issues they have, rather than the original Issue to start with. I know thats how i feel. Sofine has already discussed that its almost impossible to get a rational explanation from you on these issues. I tend to agree.Trying not to make this a personal shit because off a message board you could be the nicest guy in the world.. but on here, you arent rational in your responses to the main issues that get brought up on here.. yes you have probably heard them a million times, but when those people are trying their level best to get you to give up some ground and show some sort of sympathy towards the issues and you wont, thats when you get 16 pages of in-fighting.

At the end of the day, the issues that keep coming up are legitimate. No circular dancing around the topics with fancy psychological posturing style answers will change that fact.

Thats the real issue.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #293 on: October 19, 2015, 05:36:53 PM »

As Sofine said, its to the point where you just dance around the real points with lingo in an attempt to sound intelligent whilst getting straight to the point and actually addressing the real issues that the "whiners" have that never happens thats the issue here.

Hard to take somebody who says something, and then fails to follow it up by answering simple questions seriously.
Seems like they're not actually very confident in what they are saying.
Just my opinion. Sorry.

Its amost to the point now... where the bigger issue on here is how you actually go about dealing with the dissenters and the issues they have, rather than the original Issue to start with. I know thats how i feel. Sofine has already discussed that its almost impossible to get a rational explanation from you on these issues. I tend to agree.Trying not to make this a personal shit because off a message board you could be the nicest guy in the world.. but on here, you arent rational in your responses to the main issues that get brought up on here.. yes you have probably heard them a million times, but when those people are trying their level best to get you to give up some ground and show some sort of sympathy towards the issues and you wont, thats when you get 16 pages of in-fighting.

Maybe I have opinions on these people as well, but I still respond to them.
I don't claim "I love to discuss" and then run away with the ball because I don't feel like playing anymore.

Yes, I don't sugarcoat what I say.
Yes, I have hard time reading certain kind of bullcrap about people I actually have met in real life.
Guilty!

I'm not hiding behind usernames or act. I have a hard time taking certain posters seriously because they do act. Say one thing, and do the opposite. Then got the nerve to complain about others.
But I still respond to them.

The irony is that some of them accuse me of not allowing differing opinions. Yet, they're the ones who run away....

/jarmo

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #294 on: October 19, 2015, 05:41:15 PM »

Which, I understand.  Understand that's how it is, not necessarily understand its a great way to run a business.

Sometimes, Vinny Chase needed E to kick him in the ass, even though they were lifelong friends.  And he was freakin' Aquaman.

That was good boy!...fuck getting in to the rest of the conversation. It is what it is....no tour dates and no album release date

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #295 on: October 19, 2015, 05:46:29 PM »

It is what it is....no tour dates and no album release date

The good news is, Festivus is coming!
Except around here, for some lucky ones, it's Festivus every day!

hihi

I mean  Angry

/jarmo

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #296 on: October 19, 2015, 05:48:24 PM »

Hard to take somebody who says something, and then fails to follow it up by answering simple questions seriously.
Seems like they're not actually very confident in what they are saying.
Just my opinion. Sorry.

Maybe I have opinions on these people as well, but I still respond to them.
I don't claim "I love to discuss" and then run away with the ball because I don't feel like playing anymore.

Yes, I don't sugarcoat what I say.
Yes, I have hard time reading certain kind of bullcrap about people I actually have met in real life.
Guilty!

I'm not hiding behind usernames or act. I have a hard time taking certain posters seriously because they do act. Say one thing, and do the opposite. Then got the nerve to complain about others.
But I still respond to them.

The irony is that some of them accuse me of not allowing differing opinions. Yet, they're the ones who run away....

/jarmo

I agree, he should have answered your questions that you asked.

My point is, that i dont think you are able to see the other side of the story. Its Jarmo's way or the highway. That creates angst and reduces the chances of intelligent constructive conversation on the most debated topics on here.

Look... you own the site and have ties to the GNR camp, i understand with that.. comes some fairly strong loyalties and unmovable opinions no matter what shit is thrown at you. I get all that... and im sure you know the difference between someone who just throws shit for the sake of throwing shit.. and those who may whine about a certain topic every week but are actually here for solid reasons.

What i am saying is.. as the owner of the site, it wouldnt hurt for you to acknowledge every once in a while some legitimate concerns that keep coming up. I think it would actually make your life a lot easier on here in terms of how much "whining" goes on.

My last post wasnt intended to be a personal shot, so i hope you dont think that... but sofine did have a point IMO, that you are great at giving circular answers that dont real address those points that are being made. Its just a headlong battle on every topic.. by the same token, those people on this side of the fence could also try to see your side of the story... if both groups did that... im sure wed fine some middle ground Smiley
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #297 on: October 19, 2015, 05:50:15 PM »

For the record, I was just laughing about D-Gen's Entourage reference....staying way out of the TB debate. However, I fall to the side of it is a positive thing for Axl as a human being....as far as Guns goes, tough to call overall because I don't know shite.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #298 on: October 19, 2015, 05:57:12 PM »

Oscar, if you and the others want to play Monday Morning Quarterback for the rest of your life, have at it somewhere else. Again, it is what it is. Saying the same old things in every post is just really boring, predictable yada yada. Jarmo has actually been very tolerant in my opinion.

Whatever, bitch for the rest of your life, it won't make one shit of a difference.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #299 on: October 19, 2015, 06:01:30 PM »

Oscar, if you and the others want to play Monday Morning Quarterback for the rest of your life, have at it somewhere else. Again, it is what it is. Saying the same old things in every post is just really boring, predictable yada yada. Jarmo has actually been very tolerant in my opinion.

Whatever, bitch for the rest of your life, it won't make one shit of a difference.

And there i was trying to maintain some reasonable conversation.. and i get this crap from you.

Take some of your own advice.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: