Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 09:43:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016  (Read 93963 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #260 on: October 19, 2015, 03:16:55 PM »

If nothing else, GNR fans are passionate. And when passion is involved all sorts of crazy stuff happens.  hihi peace

Haha, apathetic we certainly are not.  hihi
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #261 on: October 19, 2015, 03:17:26 PM »

Even if it wasn't much, Fernando did come on here a couple of months ago to assure us there is work being done behind the scenes.

I can accept that as an update even if it wasn't exactly what I wanted to hear at that moment. Of course we all want some concrete news about either the band itself or the next album, but for now I'll just await the announcement (or next update) Fernando talked about back then. If many more months starts to pass now and nothing comes to fruition in terms of communication, I will start to lose respect for the operation.

I will still (and always) pay attention to GN'R in whatever they choose to do musically though.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #262 on: October 19, 2015, 03:18:16 PM »

If nothing else, GNR fans are passionate. And when passion is involved all sorts of crazy stuff happens.  hihi peace

Nothing wrong with passion.  You just can't take things so personally.

You and I are roughly 180 degrees apart the past few pages, no?  Has there been a cross word between us?  Nope.

Respectful conversation and good times.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #263 on: October 19, 2015, 03:23:20 PM »

The difference between our mindsets is that if I see someone post something like "I honestly believe they are doing everything in the meager powers to get the next album out." I would feel no need to attack that person, and shit all over their personal opinion.  Whereas, with you and a handful of others, if someone randomly doubts Fernando's motives or work ethic, it's "Off with their head!".  

That's what you think.
I think if you read my posts, you'd see that I answered WHY I think what you said is wrong and offered you examples of things you could consider.

You want us to answer your questions a certain way, as it if would mean you might see some shred of logic in them.  But what's the point of going tit for tat with you, when all you'll do is ridicule us for questioning why an album hasn't been released for the last seven years, when originally Axl told fans we could possibly expect it a year after Chinese?

Ridicule?
Well the same way you ridicule those who don't.

Maybe it's just me, but when you come across certain people who just keep posting the same complaints week after week, it just makes no sense to me.
Yeah, I know, I know. You just want the album, you want the best for the band and so on. I've heard those excuses.

So, with that in mind. The question that comes to my mind is: How is this helping anything? Nobody seems to know. they just keep posting about how GN'R sucks for not releasing albums when Bon Jovi can!

And then, there's the old "it's GN'R, haven't you fucking realized anything by now?" reason....  hihi

We've been through this before with Chinese, but with that album there was always a sense of inevitability that it would eventually come out.  We haven't seen any of that build up with the follow up.  But, you know, fuck us for doubting that it's priority 101 on Fernando & Beta's "to do" list.

I don't know if it's a priority. And even if it isn't, so what?
Let's say it isn't. Do you know why it wouldn't be? Because there'd be reasons.

You're just hell bent on being upset about not getting an album according to your timetable. So, whatever happens between now and then, doesn't really matter. You'll still be angry and complain.
See, I can accuse you of being angry too. I don't need to know any of this. I can throw it around as well. Hey, maybe I'll add that you're sad too? Wink

For some of us, it matters. You wanna know why? Because we have an open mind!  Tongue

You and I are roughly 180 degrees apart the past few pages, no?  Has there been a cross word between us?  Nope.

Respectful conversation and good times.

Respectful would be to admit you're wrong when you are.... Instead of running away crying about the mean posts asking for that very thing.

But at least you're managing having a discussion with somebody. Good for you!

/jarmo

« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 03:27:19 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #264 on: October 19, 2015, 03:29:34 PM »

I can accept that as an update even if it wasn't exactly what I wanted to hear at that moment. Of course we all want some concrete news about either the band itself or the next album, but for now I'll just await the announcement (or next update) Fernando talked about back then. If many more months starts to pass now and nothing comes to fruition in terms of communication, I will start to lose respect for the operation.

Which is pretty much what happened with Axl's interview last year, right?

Call up those posts.  People were excited.  Even we Enemies Of The State were over the moon. 

It's a shame.  I don't think they go out of their way to be dicks, but they don't help themselves.  And then get pissed about the fallout.

Just manage it a bit better.  When people leave the freakin' band, comment (in under a year).  When you know damn well there is angst, throw us a bone.

Every time they reach out, people are grateful and the mood is good.  Use that to your advantage.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #265 on: October 19, 2015, 03:31:28 PM »

This thread is about the likelihood of an album in 2016.  There is inevitably going to be two sides to that coin.  Why does it always have to come to blows?

Because posts become about the individual person that drives you up the fucking wall and not the topic.  Didn't we just see that play out?

The only nasty posts are from a handful of people towards the same handful of people.  Because nerves are touched and feathers are ruffled.

And all the "I couldn't be less affected by you" posts in the world fall a bit flat when its on the heels of 7 straight where you have shown you are very much bothered by that person.

If certain people drive you so god damn nuts you can't have civil conversations, what's the point of beating your head against the wall?  Is that some crazy notion?

Nothing derails a conversation like someone lumping you into the same lame category of "haters/free thinkers/detractors" because they don't like what you're saying, thus, devaluing the poster and really the conversation as a whole.  It's easy to throw around when you're short on words and a defense, but it's also incredibly annoying and difficult to carry on with in a conversation.  

Hell, a "Nah, I'm sure they're doing everything they can." response would be utterly respectable.  Is that the way it plays out though? Nope. This thread is littered with posters who 100% believe in TB.  But they do it in a way that doesn't goad you into a war of the words.  
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #266 on: October 19, 2015, 03:34:41 PM »

Nothing like people complaining blaming those who support the band for all the shit.
Take some responsibility for your own actions before you start throwing those rocks in your little imaginary glass houses...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #267 on: October 19, 2015, 03:37:32 PM »

Nothing like people complaining blaming those who support the band for all the shit.
Take some responsibility for your own actions before you start throwing those rocks in your little imaginary glass houses...

/jarmo

Speaking of imaginary, who's blaming you for supporting them?  I'm blaming you for being rude and impossible to carry on a conversation with. Again, there's plenty of posters in this thread who support TB's management style, but they don't seem to feel nearly as attacked/blamed/whatever as you are here.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #268 on: October 19, 2015, 03:39:24 PM »

Which is pretty much what happened with Axl's interview last year, right?

Call up those posts.  People were excited.  Even we Enemies Of The State were over the moon. 

To Axl's defense, he didn't give any specific time frame. He pretty much confirmed there is new music in existence, and then we put the time frame in our own minds. One could say we should've known better than to do that given the history of the band and release dates.

I agree that they should've been a bit more on the ball when it came to members leaving the band. It gives a sense of activity and pro-activeness, instead we're left with an impression of it not being a big deal. I'm not saying that's how the management feel, but when they don't say anything that's how it comes off to us.

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #269 on: October 19, 2015, 03:39:37 PM »

Nothing derails a conversation like someone lumping you into the same lame category of "haters/free thinkers/detractors" because they don't like what you're saying, thus, devaluing the poster and really the conversation as a whole.  It's easy to throw around when you're short on words and a defense, but it's also incredibly annoying and difficult to carry on with in a conversation.  

Hell, a "Nah, I'm sure they're doing everything they can." response would be utterly respectable.  Is that the way it plays out though? Nope. This thread is littered with posters who 100% believe in TB.  But they do it in a way that doesn't goad you into a war of the words.  

Forget about the former and focus on the latter.  It makes life easier.

And don't tell me people can't work shit out.  Emily and I used to shoot at each other on sight.  But we were able to find out a way to have conversations even despite our disagreements.

People that just want to be mad make sure they stay mad.  You shrug your shoulders and move on.  Plenty of other fishes in this sea.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #270 on: October 19, 2015, 03:43:05 PM »

I'm blaming you for being rude and impossible to carry on a conversation with. Again, there's plenty of posters in this thread who support TB's management style, but they don't seem to feel nearly as attacked/blamed/whatever as you are here.

That's what I meant.

Some come here to whine and moan day after day, then they blame those who actually support the band for all the shit due to their whining....
Like they're all innocent...

Rude? Whatever.
Impossible to have discussion with? How come? Because I ask you questions that you'd rather ignore so you can keep repeating the same shit?
Yeah, then maybe! Once again, you've proven yourself the impossible one. You skip posts and act like nothing....

Been doing this for quite some time. Only a few find me impossible...... Smiley
But at least I admit I'm wrong, when I'm wrong!

By the way, get back to me on my post with the all those questions. Cheers!  ok

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #271 on: October 19, 2015, 03:43:35 PM »

To Axl's defense, he didn't give any specific time frame. He pretty much confirmed there is new music in existence, and then we put the time frame in our own minds. One could say we should've known better than to do that given the history of the band and release dates.

I agree that they should've been a bit more on the ball when it came to members leaving the band. It gives a sense of activity and pro-activeness, instead we're left with an impression of it not being a big deal. I'm not saying that's how the management feel, but when they don't say anything that's how it comes off to us.

Very true on the first point.

But doesn't it tie into your second point?  When people are leaving your band in droves, where is the downside in speaking up?

We thank DJ Ashba and Tommy Stinson for their time with Guns N' Roses.  They were integral in helping us enjoy the success we've had during their time in the fold.  It is still our intention to have a new album out at some point.  That has not changed.  We continue to appreciate the intense support we receive from GNR fans all over the world.

It gives the impression there is still someone at the wheel here.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #272 on: October 19, 2015, 03:47:37 PM »

Another thing...

Does the prospect of a new GN'R album in 2016 make you annoyed or hopeful?

It seems like some here (no names necessary) are annoyed because they didn't get the album yet and they assume they're not getting it in 2016 either. So they're already annoyed for 2016 as well.
Others are still hopeful since it's October 2015.

Different mentality....

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #273 on: October 19, 2015, 03:54:59 PM »

I'm blaming you for being rude and impossible to carry on a conversation with. Again, there's plenty of posters in this thread who support TB's management style, but they don't seem to feel nearly as attacked/blamed/whatever as you are here.

That's what I meant.

Some come here to whine and moan day after day, then they blame those who actually support the band for all the shit due to their whining....
Like they're all innocent...

Rude? Whatever.
Impossible to have discussion with? How come? Because I ask you questions that you'd rather ignore so you can keep repeating the same shit?
Yeah, then maybe! Once again, you've proven yourself the impossible one. You skip posts and act like nothing....

Been doing this for quite some time. Only a few find me impossible...... Smiley
But at least I admit I'm wrong, when I'm wrong!

By the way, get back to me on my post with the all those questions. Cheers!  ok

/jarmo

Your questions, as per usual, are riddled with circular logic and the usual smug stupidity that only you, Jarmo, can properly articulate.  So, I'm going to go ahead and not answer one God damn thing you've asked. Not because I couldn't, no.  But because doing so would only perpetuate this mind fuckingly stupid conversation with a person who, in my 30 years of life, is the closest thing to a robot I have ever encountered both on the internet or otherwise. So, say what you want, think what you will, I'm ending this conversation here. Cheers!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #274 on: October 19, 2015, 03:59:30 PM »

That's an easy way out isn't it?
I don't like the way you typed those words so I don't answer them.

And I actually believed (at least a part of me did) that you guys liked discussions.
But only on YOUR terms when you're asked sugarcoated questions not to ruffle your feathers....

So now we got the duo ignoring my questions. I guess their feelings got hurt. Sorry! * hugs *

With my 40 years of life, I tend to think that if you get into a discussion, you need to be able to handle it. Especially if you go to a fan site and start questioning 99% of what the band is or has done.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 04:01:05 PM by jarmo » Logged

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #275 on: October 19, 2015, 04:00:27 PM »

Very true on the first point.

But doesn't it tie into your second point?  When people are leaving your band in droves, where is the downside in speaking up?

We thank DJ Ashba and Tommy Stinson for their time with Guns N' Roses.  They were integral in helping us enjoy the success we've had during their time in the fold.  It is still our intention to have a new album out at some point.  That has not changed.  We continue to appreciate the intense support we receive from GNR fans all over the world.

It gives the impression there is still someone at the wheel here.

Yes I think ideally they should have come forward in such a manner. I think most people would've had an impression that things are still moving forward. Now, we did get that information eventually, but it should've come much sooner I think. I would also like to say, this is not something I'm dwelling on right now, I just brought it up as an example for improvement.

But, let me just throw this out there (pure speculation by the way):

Just a theory on why they might have stayed as low as they have in the past 18 months. With all the speculation about former members coming back or not, could maybe this situation have caused a problem for the management on how to portray things in public. If there have been negotiations with former members, this is probably information they don't want out there prematurely. When Bumble left and then eventually Dj, maybe they concluded it would be better to not push any more publicity regarding the new line-up, maybe then leading people to believe a brand new guitarist are being sought when in reality that's not the case.

Maybe they don't want give bits of information that can steer any speculation towards a reunion ? when a reunion is not locked down yet. If they announced the leaving of Bumble and Dj, people would immediately start asking questions about what's next. Still negotiating with former members, they would be unable to answer. If they intended to bring in a new guitarist, they could easily have said that.

Sweetness is a virtue
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #276 on: October 19, 2015, 04:03:07 PM »

Spirit, you obviously can think freely.  ok

I agree with what you said.

Goes with my theory that everything happens for a reason....  It's one of those out there theories... Wink

In addition: If you don't have a clear solution to an issue. Sometimes it's better to not say anything. Especially if what you say will lead to more speculation.

/jarmo

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #277 on: October 19, 2015, 04:04:03 PM »

My question (which I don?t think has been answered yet) regarding TB is whose interest are they managing:  Axl?s or Guns n Roses, and, if there is a difference between the two, which would they pick?  I guess you could argue that Axl?s interests and GnR?s interest are one and the way, but that's not always the case.

This happened during the UYI tour?Axl (per his own words) said it wasn?t in his best interest to be on that tour.  Obviously, it was in the best interest of the band because that tour is still regarded as one of the longest and most successful tour of all-time.  

This same scenario could be playing out now.  You?ve had multiple departures and no one really knows what, if anything, is going on.  The best thing for Guns n Roses (as evidenced by all the recent media attention and positive support) would be to have a reunion tour.  However, that may not be in Axl?s best interest.  

So, when TB, as the manager of the band, is sitting around the meeting table, which hat do they have on:  Axl or Guns n Roses?  I would submit, based on the personal relationship TB has with Axl, that they would wear the Axl hat?and that?s my main point with TB.  It?s hard to mix personal relationships with business?just ask Slash.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #278 on: October 19, 2015, 04:07:36 PM »

But, let me just throw this out there (pure speculation by the way):

Just a theory on why they might have stayed as low as they have in the past 18 months. With all the speculation about former members coming back or not, could maybe this situation have caused a problem for the management on how to portray things in public. If there have been negotiations with former members, this is probably information they don't want out there prematurely. When Bumble left and then eventually Dj, maybe they concluded it would be better to not push any more publicity regarding the new line-up, maybe then leading people to believe a brand new guitarist are being sought when in reality that's not the case.

Maybe they don't want give bits of information that can steer any speculation towards a reunion ? when a reunion is not locked down yet. If they announced the leaving of Bumble and Dj, people would immediately start asking questions about what's next. Still negotiating with former members, they would be unable to answer. If they intended to bring in a new guitarist, they could easily have said that.

Very possible, I think.

I guess my opinion would be that all is well that ends will if that's indeed what happens.  If all this radio silence leads to some sort of reunion or even hybridized one, no one is going to really care about the ham handed way they put it together.  Its together now, so we all win.

H O W E V E R...

If by early next year, Slash, Duff or both confirm there is nothing happening and there ain't gonna be anything happening, people will be annoyed.

When Axl or TB then either has no comment on that, or something how only idiots would think a reunion was in the cards, people will be annoyed.

And if the official position is still some variation on how they are still trying to get a handle on all this super amazing material and there is still nothing in the cards in terms of a strategy forward...people will be furious.

Some sort of reunion tour?  Great.  A new album?  Bring it on.

2 more years sitting around with no progress on either front?  Totally ridiculous.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #279 on: October 19, 2015, 04:09:24 PM »

My question (which I don?t think has been answered yet) regarding TB is whose interest are they managing:  Axl?s or Guns n Roses, and, if there is a difference between the two, which would they pick?  I guess you could argue that Axl?s interests and GnR?s interest are one and the way, but that's not always the case.

Like you said, many times they are the same. There's no GN'R without Axl.

But I would say both. It's probably something you look at one a case to case basis. For example, the Jimmy Kimmel interview. It was Axl Rose. But he was prompting GN'R's upcoming shows in Las Vegas.
So getting him there was for GN'R. Although, of course it brought Axl attention too.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: