Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 01:27:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016  (Read 94320 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #200 on: October 17, 2015, 04:07:27 PM »

No, I did not ask the same question about Doug Goldstein in 1991...I was 12. 

So, there wasn't an issue with experience then. It's only an issue now.  Tongue

Regarding your question, you honestly think people agree all the time?

Beta told the LA Times it was an ultimatum:

I've read the same article you've read. What's your point?
That doesn't make anything I said invalid. They were there working for Axl for years before they became the band's management.

Looks like yet another person with issues regarding the band's management....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #201 on: October 17, 2015, 04:23:24 PM »

I've read the same article you've read. What's your point?
That doesn't make anything I said invalid. They were there working for Axl for years before they became the band's management.

Looks like yet another person with issues regarding the band's management....

/jarmo

No issues.  You said it was a promotion, she said it was an ultimatum.  He didn't have much choice.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #202 on: October 17, 2015, 04:28:05 PM »

No issues.  You said it was a promotion, she said it was an ultimatum.  He didn't have much choice.

In my world, if you go from personal manager to band management, that would be a promotion. I'm sure you know better and know all the details...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #203 on: October 17, 2015, 05:09:20 PM »

No, I did not ask the same question about Doug Goldstein in 1991...I was 12. 

So, there wasn't an issue with experience then. It's only an issue now.  Tongue

Regarding your question, you honestly think people agree all the time?

/jarmo

But wasn't Doug their tour manager first...and then got promoted to band manager in 1991?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #204 on: October 17, 2015, 05:22:25 PM »

I'm sure you know better and know all the details...

/jarmo

No, just what she said.

"I told [Rose] if he hires another manager, I quit."

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #205 on: October 17, 2015, 05:39:20 PM »

I'm sure you know better and know all the details...

/jarmo

No, just what she said.

"I told [Rose] if he hires another manager, I quit."

Jesus. Well, that's one way to get a "promotion".  no
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #206 on: October 17, 2015, 05:52:13 PM »

Optimists see: A glass half full.

Pessimists see: A glass half empty.

Chronic complainers see: A glass that is slightly chipped holding water that isn't cold enough, probably because it's tap water when I asked for bottled water and wait, there's a smudge on the rim, too, which means the glass wasn't cleaned properly and now I'll probably end up with some kind of virus. Why do these things always happen to me?! crying

I think some people would die if they didn't have something to whine and complain about.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 06:02:56 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #207 on: October 17, 2015, 05:54:32 PM »

Chronic complainers see: A glass that is slightly chipped holding water that isn't cold enough, probably because it's tap water when I asked for bottled water and wait, there's a smudge on the rim, too, which means the glass wasn't cleaned properly and now I'll probably end up with some kind of virus. Why do these things always happen to me?! crying

Robert Downey Jr once said that when he goes on the internet and sees people attacking him, it scares him equally when he sees other people defending him as if he were a member of their own family.  Get off your high horse.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #208 on: October 17, 2015, 06:08:40 PM »

Robert Downey Jr once said that when he goes on the internet and sees people attacking him, it scares him equally when he sees other people defending him as if he were a member of their own family.  Get off your high horse.

Honestly don't care what he supposedly said, and there is no horse, high or otherwise.

The tendency to whining and complaining may be taken as the surest sign symptom of little souls and inferior intellects.

Since you seem fond of random quotes, here's one.

"We've turned into a whining society."
Billy Corgan
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 06:12:19 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #209 on: October 17, 2015, 06:15:06 PM »

But wasn't Doug their tour manager first...and then got promoted to band manager in 1991?

And, your point is?

The issue was the alleged lack of experience of managing a big popular band.

But, when that same "issue" applies to others, here you are looking for excuses.
Did you point out that Fernando was the band's tour manager or that Beta was Axl's personal manager? No, you didn't.
That seems to be irrelevant because you have issues with them.

Jesus. Well, that's one way to get a "promotion".  no

Five managers were let go.... At what point do you think it's time to try something different?
Maybe some free thinking would help?

But no, that makes no sense because you don't like them.

Your bias is obvious. No need to pretend to be "worried" or something similar.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 06:46:45 PM by jarmo » Logged

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #210 on: October 17, 2015, 09:22:16 PM »

Tell you what, if within the next 365 days we're listening to new GNR music that wasn't leaked, both management and your undying devotion and allegiance to said team wins.  If not, and you're still badgering anyone who dares to lob criticism their way in October 2016, well...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #211 on: October 18, 2015, 12:04:23 AM »

Tell you what, if within the next 365 days we're listening to new GNR music that wasn't leaked, both management and your undying devotion and allegiance to said team wins.  If not, and you're still badgering anyone who dares to lob criticism their way in October 2016, well...

How cute, a pretend deadline and almost ultimatum.  hihi
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 12:33:17 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #212 on: October 18, 2015, 02:14:27 AM »

People here where saying 6 months ago that this wasn't a problem.  That this break wasn't that long.  Blah blah blah

This will go down as guns longest break.  Without any official camp news.   Without anything.

Guns better hope the Jays don't loose 2 more.   As I may have a little free time

TheBaconman doesn't go on breaks
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #213 on: October 18, 2015, 03:05:41 AM »

People here where saying 6 months ago that this wasn't a problem.  That this break wasn't that long.  Blah blah blah

This will go down as guns longest break.  Without any official camp news.   Without anything.

Guns better hope the Jays don't loose 2 more.   As I may have a little free time

TheBaconman doesn't go on breaks

Apparently people don't remember the long quiet period before Chinese Democracy- the late 90's were particularly dark.

GNR has only been on hiatus since June 2014, not exactly an eternity.

"Shut the fuck up."
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #214 on: October 18, 2015, 05:14:12 AM »

It's clear that Beta has Axl's best interest at heart here.

You need to understand that in her own words that she regards Axl as more than a son. 

Any good parent allows their offspring to go through life to make mistakes as part of the process of growing, and any good parent will at least step in and make it know to their children when the same mistakes keep cropping up. She had stepped in, and pointed out that managers who have come and gone, are part of the same problem, namely they are trying to impart their own view of GnR and what's best for GnR. They are looking at things (in simplistic terms) from a text-book management A-Z guide, balance sheet maximizing and with an agenda to reunite the AFD/UYI's  line-up and gain some kind of notoriety too.

They don't know the human side to Axl, the hurt and anger that various incidents from the past, they don't share his passion as an artist and what he stands for, they don't get that he isn't driven by money for money sake or that a reunion isn't a place where he wants to visit again - nor does he have to. TB knows all the things to know and have basically said to Axl, or at least this is my take on things, that you don't need to keep going through this shit. 

At the end of the day, if your in a place where in relying on others to do a job and they don't deliver, means that you seek someone to vent your frustrations, in effect, that somebody is managing them through reassurance.  Beta has basically told Axl, that she understands him, and that she'll ensure that will make it work for Axl, on terms that he can live with  - and who wouldn't want to have that. Wink
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #215 on: October 18, 2015, 07:00:34 AM »

This is your answer to my question?
To be honest, I wasn't expecting anything else really....

The bottom line is, your so called reasons that you've listed for not liking them, are things that could've been applied to past management as well. You also decided to turn positives into negatives and yet there's no real answer to the question why you don't like them.

I mean, for example, the whole excuse of not liking them because you don't know how motivated they are to release an album blah blah blah.... And you knew that in the past that was every manager's top priority? How? My guess is that you don't know. But it didn't matter! So why does it matter now?

See the post above for some clues.  ok

/jarmo

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #216 on: October 18, 2015, 07:08:54 AM »

You need to understand that in her own words that she regards Axl as more than a son. 

Any good parent allows their offspring to go through life to make mistakes as part of the process of growing, and any good parent will at least step in and make it know to their children when the same mistakes keep cropping up. She had stepped in, and pointed out that managers who have come and gone, are part of the same problem, namely they are trying to impart their own view of GnR and what's best for GnR. They are looking at things (in simplistic terms) from a text-book management A-Z guide, balance sheet maximizing and with an agenda to reunite the AFD/UYI's  line-up and gain some kind of notoriety too.

They don't know the human side to Axl, the hurt and anger that various incidents from the past, they don't share his passion as an artist and what he stands for, they don't get that he isn't driven by money for money sake or that a reunion isn't a place where he wants to visit again - nor does he have to. TB knows all the things to know and have basically said to Axl, or at least this is my take on things, that you don't need to keep going through this shit. 

At the end of the day, if your in a place where in relying on others to do a job and they don't deliver, means that you seek someone to vent your frustrations, in effect, that somebody is managing them through reassurance.  Beta has basically told Axl, that she understands him, and that she'll ensure that will make it work for Axl, on terms that he can live with  - and who wouldn't want to have that. Wink

very good post, what I think almost word for word

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
w.david rose
Rocker

"I Believe In Israel"- W.AXL ROSE 13.06.06

« Reply #217 on: October 18, 2015, 07:59:01 AM »

Yes indeed
great post ok

the most sick fan in the middle east
Annie
« Reply #218 on: October 18, 2015, 08:47:22 AM »

very good post, what I think almost word for word

One of the greatest posts ever.  Thankyou for your beautiful words and insight.  Brought a tear to my eye
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #219 on: October 18, 2015, 10:14:28 AM »

To call them Team Brazil is childish though, and borderline racist hahahha

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: