Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 06:49:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016  (Read 94110 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2015, 12:31:39 PM »

Anyone who doesn't think a new GNR album in 2016 would be a big deal is talking out of their ass.  I'm not saying it would set the rock world on fire, or even do as well as Chinese.  Hell, I think that's almost a given with the music industry being what it now is.  But nonetheless, a new album from Axl Rose/Guns N' Roses is BIG DEAL, and people will be paying attention. And anyone claiming otherwise isn't thinking straight.

I agree it would be a big deal?however it would be an even bigger deal if Slash were to rejoin the band.  And I think that?s what maybe irks some people here who downplay the reunion.  They don?t want to accept that Guns n Roses (and Axl) would be more relevant if Slash were back in the band.  There is really no debating that fact, and I guess it?s a hard pill for some people to swallow.  So instead, we?ll talk about how Slash isn?t an original member?

Of course it would be a bigger deal if Slash was in the band.  That has to be a given.  Even if he was featured on just a couple songs on the album, it would up interest in it tenfold. And if a reunion is in the cards, and I'm not anywhere close to convinced that it is, it would make sense to try to incorporate Slash on the next album.

But, regardless of that, Slash or no Slash, a GNR album in 2016 would garner plenty of attention.  Keep in mind the majority of Chinese Democracy leaked years before it's eventual release.  Most media outlets and fans had heard the heavy hitters by the time it was officially announced for release, thus, diminishing the anticipation quite a bit.  The followup album doesn't have that problem....And it's Axl Rose. Who doesn't want to hear more music from him?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2015, 01:02:37 PM »

Anyone who doesn't think a new GNR album in 2016 would be a big deal is talking out of their ass.  I'm not saying it would set the rock world on fire, or even do as well as Chinese.  Hell, I think that's almost a given with the music industry being what it now is.  But nonetheless, a new album from Axl Rose/Guns N' Roses is BIG DEAL, and people will be paying attention. And anyone claiming otherwise isn't thinking straight.

It would be the lead review in most magazines the week it came out. 

Of course, it would probably also be introduced with some sort of shots taken at the inactivity and unstable line-up, which would have panties in twists all over this place.

But it would definitely get attention initially.  How sustainable that wound up being depends on Axl.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2015, 01:06:31 PM »

It would be the lead review in most magazines the week it came out. 

Of course, it would probably also be introduced with some sort of shots taken at the inactivity and unstable line-up, which would have panties in twists all over this place.

But it would definitely get attention initially.  How sustainable that wound up being depends on Axl.

Exactly. But those saying that it would be basically an irrelevant non-event are simply mistaken. Of course, any legs it will have will depend on Axl's involvement in the promotion. 
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 01:09:19 PM by sofine11 » Logged
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2015, 01:13:19 PM »

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Caram?  hihi
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2015, 01:18:52 PM »

Exactly. But those saying that it would be basically an irrelevant non-event are simply mistaken. Of course, any legs it will have will depend on Axl's involvement in the promotion. 

Given the name, and the established brand, sure it would be a story.

In a perverse way, the comical lengths of inactivity also make it more of an event.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2015, 01:28:49 PM »

Given the name, and the established brand, sure it would be a story.

In a perverse way, the comical lengths of inactivity also make it more of an event.

You know what's screwed up? If it comes out in mid to late 2016, we will have waited the equivalent amount of time fans waited from the year 2000-2008 to hear Chinese Democracy. Keep in mind, it was completely re-rerecorded during that time as well. We really do wait an obscene amount of time for this band to produce new music. And who knows if it even is coming out next year?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2015, 01:30:32 PM »

My point was that there is not enough evidence that CD II has been recorded and now is ready to go. Nobody can make such claim that the album is done and only Dijon has the privilege to listen to it every day

Axl can.
He would know, and know better than you. 

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2015, 01:31:37 PM »

My point was that there is not enough evidence that CD II has been recorded and now is ready to go. Nobody can make such claim that the album is done and only Dijon has the privilege to listen to it every day

Axl can.
He would know, and know better than you. 

/jarmo

Sure he can.  Too bad he avoids updating us on the album's progress like the bubonic plague.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2015, 01:33:08 PM »

But he said it's mostly done. And yet we have a princess here saying he can't make that claim.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2015, 01:35:18 PM »

But he said it's mostly done. And yet we have a princess here saying he can't make that claim.  hihi

/jarmo

Well, I think most of us would agree that ultimately only Axl can give us a real deal update on what's going on with the next album.  Even Fernando is somewhat beholden to Axl as far as what he can share with the fans.  It all comes down, as always, to the man.   Undecided
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2015, 01:42:20 PM »

/jarmo

No no no...he said it's "already recorded" and "been done for a while."  That's much different than "mostly done."  Don't get loose with the facts, now.  He also said that about a year and half ago.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2015, 01:46:09 PM »

A year and four months! Grin

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2015, 01:46:39 PM »

/jarmo

No no no...he said it's "already recorded" and "been done for a while."  That's much different than "mostly done."  Don't get loose with the facts, now.  He also said that about a year and half ago.

This is Axl we're talking about.  God in heaven only knows what his idea of "done" is or what the hell he was doing in the studio with Chris.  And that's the caveat isn't it?  He can keep this this album under lock and key forever under the the guise of "artistic integrity" and it not being "ready".  Fuck me.  Just put it out. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 01:48:46 PM by sofine11 » Logged
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2015, 01:50:25 PM »

And if its released.. is it gonna be called Stay of Execution?  hihi

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2015, 01:52:31 PM »

I dig that title.  Kinda reminds me of "Appetite For Destruction". Fitting meaning too.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2015, 01:52:46 PM »

You know what's screwed up? If it comes out in mid to late 2016, we will have waited the equivalent amount of time fans waited from the year 2000-2008 to hear Chinese Democracy. Keep in mind, it was completely re-rerecorded during that time as well. We really do wait an obscene amount of time for this band to produce new music. And who knows if it even is coming out next year?

And be honest.  As shitty as that wait was waiting for CD, didn't you figure the next time wouldn't be nearly as long?

I sure did.  All the more so once we were told time and again they already have the next album done.

This might even be more frustrating.  The wait for CD could be explained away by them having to create it all.  This wait is simply because he can't be bothered.

It's a bummer.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2015, 01:53:23 PM »

I dig that title.  Kinda reminds me of "Appetite For Destruction". Fitting meaning too.

Its a cool title.  And a bit meta.

I thought '2000 Intentions' also worked on that level.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2015, 01:54:58 PM »

And be honest.  As shitty as that wait was waiting for CD, didn't you figure the next time wouldn't be nearly as long?

I sure did.  All the more so once we were told time and again they already have the next album done.

This might even be more frustrating.  The wait for CD could be explained away by them having to create it all.  This wait is simply because he can't be bothered.

It's a bummer.

I always thought Chinese Democracy's release would be an opening of "Pandora's Box" of sorts. Everything we heard for years about all those songs, and a planned trilogy of albums.  Bummer.  Joke's on us I guess.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2015, 02:00:07 PM »

I always thought Chinese Democracy's release would be an opening of "Pandora's Box" of sorts. Everything we heard for years about all those songs, and a planned trilogy of albums.  Bummer.  Joke's on us I guess.

Had similar feelings.

I thought Axl was actually correct in that Loder interview saying how hard it was to re-build something up from scratch that had been so big.  And as shitty as that wait was, I assumed it would be worth it in the end.

Can you say that now?  That 8 year wait, if it actually did lead to 3 new albums and a semi-stable new line-up would have been aces.

But, alas...

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2015, 02:03:26 PM »

Had similar feelings.

I thought Axl was actually correct in that Loder interview saying how hard it was to re-build something up from scratch that had been so big.  And as shitty as that wait was, I assumed it would be worth it in the end.

Can you say that now?  That 8 year wait, if it actually did lead to 3 new albums and a semi-stable new line-up would have been aces.

But, alas...

It's kinda funny, in a self deprecating way.  Basically, GNR fans got the equivalent to what Star Wars fans would have gotten if Phantom Menace came out and was followed by nothing, other than rumors from Hayden Christenson that the sequel might be coming next year and that George has a lot of "really great stuff" up his sleave. Yikes.  Shocked
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: