Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:00:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016  (Read 94007 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2015, 02:08:40 PM »

And, frankly, if a new album came out tomorrow, I would give no fucks about the wait.

The wait is only frustrating as its happening.  Once the payoff arrives, the wait becomes an outdated concept.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2015, 02:09:20 PM »

But he said it's mostly done. And yet we have a princess here saying he can't make that claim.  hihi

No no no...he said it's "already recorded" and "been done for a while."  That's much different than "mostly done."  Don't get loose with the facts, now.  He also said that about a year and half ago.

You're correct. I didn't check the actual quote.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2015, 02:13:39 PM »

And, frankly, if a new album came out tomorrow, I would give no fucks about the wait.

The wait is only frustrating as its happening.  Once the payoff arrives, the wait becomes an outdated concept.

Agreed.  And all this "But don't you want it to come out when Axl's ready?" stuff...I don't even care anymore.  No one's doing huge rollouts at music stores, or chain exclusives, anymore anyway.  People are dropping albums, promoting them upon release in whatever way they can, and then touring their asses off after the release.  Labels can't and won't carry all the weight of promoting music.  This isn't rocket science. If it's done, like the man said, put it out...or don't.  Obviously, for whatever reasons known only to heaven and hell, he's choosing the latter.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2015, 02:20:50 PM »

People are dropping albums, promoting them upon release in whatever way they can, and then touring their asses off after the release.  Labels can't and won't carry all the weight of promoting music.  This isn't rocket science. If it's done, like the man said, put it out...or don't.  Obviously, for whatever reasons known only to heaven and hell, he's choosing the latter.

Well, maybe this is the problem.

He would have to recruit a new line-up to play this material.  Material they would have absolutely no connection to.  Not that they have any connection to the classic GNR stuff either, but maybe that's part of it too.  It wasn't like the people he recruited in the past to play that same replacement role got much out of it.

I could see how that's an obstacle.

Of course, that explains right now, the past few months.  What the problem was in 2012, 2013, 2014...that, I can't tell you.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2015, 02:26:06 PM »

People are dropping albums, promoting them upon release in whatever way they can, and then touring their asses off after the release.  Labels can't and won't carry all the weight of promoting music.  This isn't rocket science. If it's done, like the man said, put it out...or don't.  Obviously, for whatever reasons known only to heaven and hell, he's choosing the latter.

Well, maybe this is the problem.

He would have to recruit a new line-up to play this material.  Material they would have absolutely no connection to.  Not that they have any connection to the classic GNR stuff either, but maybe that's part of it too.  It wasn't like the people he recruited in the past to play that same replacement role got much out of it.

I could see how that's an obstacle.

Of course, that explains right now, the past few months.  What the problem was in 2012, 2013, 2014...that, I can't tell you.

They were concentrating on touring.  Roll Eyes

In all seriousness, no one's more baffled as to why we haven't heard the follow up album yet more than me.  I struggle to come up with any reason that hasn't trumped "Axl hasn't felt like it yet."  Honestly, I think that's it.  I think he lives in his own little world, surrounded by family and yes men who probably know better than to have a hard conversation with him, and he just doesn't feel like going through another album release right now.  That could all change on a whim. But until he does what he needs to do to make it happen, it won't. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2015, 02:31:27 PM »

Ah, the old cliche of "yes men".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2015, 02:36:32 PM »

Ah, the old cliche of "yes men".

/jarmo

If it's done, like he said, who's motivating him in the direction of releasing it? Who's currently negotiating the release with the label? He's fired every manager he's had post Chinese Democracy.  Del? Beta? Fernando?...You?

I'm not a psychic, but I do know that the follow up album's been more or less done for over 7 years. Someone's dropping the ball here.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2015, 02:38:20 PM »

In all seriousness, no one's more baffled as to why we haven't heard the follow up album yet more than me.  I struggle to come up with any reason that hasn't trumped "Axl hasn't felt like it yet."  Honestly, I think that's it. 

As do I.

And I think people reflexively take that as an insult.  In a way it is, but not completely.

The only notion I fight hard against is this idea he's just moving heaven and earth to get this done and can't get a break.  There, I throw the flag.

But I don't see how the reason is ultimately not the artist's indifference.  Whether it be not ready, not interested, biding his time.  What have you.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2015, 02:39:06 PM »

If it's done, like he said, who's motivating him in the direction of releasing it? Who's currently negotiating the release with the label? He's fired every manager he's had post Chinese Democracy.  Del? Beta? Fernando?...You?

I'm not a psychic, but I do know that the follow up album's been more or less done for over 7 years. Someone's dropping the ball here.

I think its a hard sell that Axl has taken the "Team Of Rivals" approach to his team.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2015, 02:43:01 PM »

And you know none of that has happened?
Who's motivating him? Are you under the impression that nobody around him ever told him he could release that album?

Negotiations aren't a one way thing. You can negotiate, but it seems like according to your logic, Axl's side should just settle for anything in order to "prove" that they want to release the album.

Some like to think that management is evil and everybody around Axl is a bunch of "yes men". That's the story they've been sold and choose to believe it.

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2015, 02:43:31 PM »

In all seriousness, no one's more baffled as to why we haven't heard the follow up album yet more than me.  I struggle to come up with any reason that hasn't trumped "Axl hasn't felt like it yet."  Honestly, I think that's it. 

As do I.

And I think people reflexively take that as an insult.  In a way it is, but not completely.

The only notion I fight hard against is this idea he's just moving heaven and earth to get this done and can't get a break.  There, I throw the flag.

But I don't see how the reason is ultimately not the artist's indifference.  Whether it be not ready, not interested, biding his time.  What have you.

Nothing takes this long to comes to terms on, if negotiations have been ongoing. Not films, not albums...Skyscrapers take less time to plan and build.  If it's done, and it's not coming out, it's because Axl didn't want it to happen, or didn't want it enough to the point where he'd do his part to make it happen.  Simple as that, really.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2015, 02:45:27 PM »

Could be many reasons.

Edited to add: If you look at what Axl said last year, it was obvious that he didn't say "no, I'm gonna keep this music to myself".
Now, if that was you, and then whatever you planned on doing didn't happen, according to the timetable of those around you, would it be fair to say it's only because of you?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 02:49:07 PM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2015, 02:47:37 PM »

Nothing takes this long to comes to terms on, if negotiations have been ongoing. Not films, not albums...Skyscrapers take less time to plan and build.  If it's done, and it's not coming out, it's because Axl didn't want it to happen, or didn't want it enough to the point where he'd do his part to make it happen.  Simple as that, really.

Which is why you can't honestly believe they've been hard at work all this time.  

John Kerry worked out the deal with Iran quicker than it takes a rock star to get an album out?  Is that real world?

Serious people get things done.  Unserious people do not.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2015, 02:50:48 PM »

Could be many reasons.

/jarmo

"Axl doesn't feel like it yet, and doesn't think he owes the fans an update" is a reason.  Doesn't make it a great one.

Look, I don't think Axl should take any offer the label throws his way to put out the album to the point where he feels like he, or those involved, are being screwed over.  But I have a REALLY hard time believing that Axl Rose is getting a worse offer than Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Green day, or other similar rock acts that have put out albums in recent years.  Is he being a hard ass because because he feels that a GNR album deserves the Taylor Swift treatment?  I have no idea.  But I wouldn't put it outside the realm of possibilities.  
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 02:52:53 PM by sofine11 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2015, 02:54:35 PM »

"Axl doesn't feel like it yet, and doesn't think he owes the fans an update" is a reason.  Doesn't make it a great one.

Agreed.

Along similar lines, can you make completely over the top demands, and then if they aren't met...throw up your hands and claim "hey, I tried"?

This is what I mean about serious people versus unserious people.  Both sides are obviously looking for the most favorable deal.  That's life.

But no serious person remains so dug in on their wish list of demands if the alternative is to never get it out.  That's not a serious position.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2015, 03:02:30 PM »

Agreed.

Along similar lines, can you make completely over the top demands, and then if they aren't met...throw up your hands and claim "hey, I tried"?

This is what I mean about serious people versus unserious people.  Both sides are obviously looking for the most favorable deal.  That's life.

But no serious person remains so dug in on their wish list of demands if the alternative is to never get it out.  That's not a serious position.

It's weird.  With one sentence on his stupid twitter, he could clarify what's up with the next album.  Is he really that aloof that he doesn't know that?  I dunno.  Having a real hard time believing in this whole "suffering in silence" thing.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2015, 03:13:06 PM »

Sure, if you only can see one side of the argument. Which most do, all the time.

Then again, if you think a little. You could say, think back to how many updates he gave in the past.... Maybe he decided that didn't work out for him as he had hoped? So time to try something different....

Like I said, you could see that point of view if you wanted to. Not many people who want the album bother doing that. It doesn't serve the purpose.
"I want the album, I don't need to understand why I don't have it now. It's all Axl's fault is enough reason for me. I'm a free thinker you know!"  Grin

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2015, 03:17:48 PM »

Well, when the other side of the argument is nothing more than "You don't know what's holding things up..." that leaves a gap the size of the grand canyon to fill with guessing.

Well, no, we don't know what's holding things up.  They don't update us. And it's annoying, rude & leads to all sorts of wild heresay, both in the media, and among the fans.  Who's winning there?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2015, 03:18:49 PM »

It's weird.  With one sentence on his stupid twitter, he could clarify what's up with the next album.  Is he really that aloof that he doesn't know that?  I dunno.  Having a real hard time believing in this whole "suffering in silence" thing.

Maybe its hard trying to find the time in between letters to the Indonesian government.

Isn't that why most people follow Axl Rose?  Politics?

Don't tell me its his music.  Crazy talk.

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #99 on: October 14, 2015, 03:20:18 PM »

new single > january 2016
new album > march 2016
new tour   > june 2016

that's my plan.  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: