Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:24:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016  (Read 93813 times)
Princess Leia
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2015, 06:15:47 AM »

I think it's fair to say that the current state of 'GNR' is the most up in the air it's been since the 2003-2005 hiatus.  Last we heard from Axl, once last year's touring wrapped up, the focus was going to shift over to getting the rest of the "Chinese Democracy Era" music out.  The only evidence we have that this may or may not be the case, was a tweeted pic from the studio from nearly a year ago. Since then...nothing. Not a word from Axl or management about the next record.

Richard and Frank went from claiming 2016 was going to be a big year, to not having any clue what's going on with Guns N' Roses. 

Last we heard from Fernando, some GNR news was on the horizon.  Could this announcement be for the much anticipated follow up to Chinese Democracy? 

I'm of the mind that these reunion rumors are, like it or not, exactly that.  However, I still am not convinced we're any closer to hearing the next album than we were at this time last year...or the year before.

Does anyone really think Axl still has a vested interest in putting this out?

"Much anticipated follow up"Huh? Honey I got news for you. Besides you and 5 to 10 people around forums nobody gives a fuck about CDII!!!

Would I buy it if it ever comes out? Yes, but there is no anticipation. I?m not losing any sleep over that so called album. Nor that album will make any big impact. Very few people were really excited and loved CD when it came out. Not even one song from CD became a radio or iTune hit. Also the industry don`t care about rock bands. At least not the way they used to. The industry priority is Rap,  party music and  a bunch of pop divas
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2015, 07:06:02 AM »

So what you're saying is that the album isn't the answer?

Danm, all this time we've been hearing from certain fans how GN'R needs to release an album, it's the only thing that matters.
And now this?

Oh no....  Cry

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2015, 07:55:32 AM »

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2015, 09:02:54 AM »

Danm, all this time we've been hearing from certain fans how GN'R needs to release an album, it's the only thing that matters.
And now this?

Well, its not going to be some worldwide event.  I think that's obvious.

But it would be to us, the established fans.  But even amongst our number, viability of the operation can come into question when you are releasing songs at a pace of less than one a year (1999-2015, 15 total songs).

It also hurts when you can't name the line-up.  A lot of times, that's just a boilerplate diss.  As in, "no one could even tell you who is in the band."  In this case, however, its not boilerplate, but quite literal.  We do not know who is in our favorite band.  Or if there even will be one going forward.

Way more questions than answers right now.  Despite these vague assurances we are given.  A new album would quell a lot of that.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2015, 09:16:38 AM »

And now this?

But it would be to us, the established fans.  But even amongst our number, viability of the operation can come into question when you are releasing songs at a pace of less than one a year (1999-2015, 15 total songs).

It also hurts when you can't name the line-up.  A lot of times, that's just a boilerplate diss.  As in, "no one could even tell you who is in the band."  In this case, however, its not boilerplate, but quite literal.  We do not know who is in our favorite band.  Or if there even will be one going forward.

Way more questions than answers right now.  Despite these vague assurances we are given.  A new album would quell a lot of that.

My biggest gripe at the moment... and jarmo even acknowledged he understood this.

There could be great plans right around the corner... but its frustrating to somebody like me who gives a lot of time, energy and thought to all of this that I literally couldn't tell a buddy of mine who is in the band Guns N Roses right now.

Some clarity of at least who is going to be a part of things would be much appreciated by me. If you promise me Slash and Duff are ironing out all the details with the big man... then great... I'll sit over here quietly.  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2015, 09:23:40 AM »

Some clarity of at least who is going to be a part of things would be much appreciated by me. If you promise me Slash and Duff are ironing out all the details with the big man... then great... I'll sit over here quietly.  Smiley

Id' be right next to you too.  I'd also do so if we were told there is a new line-up coming.

But we aren't told shit.

And, sorry, but "man, do we have some great things in store...if only I could tell you!!"?  Yeah, piss on that at this point.  Any benefit of the doubt these guys had is long extinguished.

I'm not disputing that perhaps Fernando (or whoever) can't say something right now.  But they have to recognize when we hear stuff like that, people are going to roll their eyes and say "sure thing boss, whatever you say."

And you can gripe that's unfair, as you see it.  Go right ahead.  But who made that bed?  Us?  No, not us.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Princess Leia
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2015, 09:28:13 AM »

And now this?

Do you really think CDII will produce some kind of miracle? Do you think Buckethead, Finck and Brain will be back? Do you want Axl to hire  a bunch of Mr. Irrelevant to perform other people music?

What?s the point of making another album just for the hell of it?  It requires a big investment, not just money but also time and energy
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2015, 09:36:20 AM »

Do you really think CDII will produce some kind of miracle? Do you think Buckethead, Finck and Brain will be back? Do you want Axl to hire  a bunch of Mr. Irrelevant to perform other people music?

No, to all three.

But that last one may be the best we are going to do.  You have to prepare yourself for that.

GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2015, 09:53:02 AM »

That ship has sailed.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2015, 09:54:05 AM »

What?s the point of making another album just for the hell of it?  It requires a big investment, not just money but also time and energy

In the case of CD2, the man himself has said it's done.  The post-recording stuff may or may not also be a big undertaking in this case, don't know, but if the bulk of the work is done, don't see why it wouldn't get released.  
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2015, 10:07:39 AM »

And now this?

But they've already made that investment, years ago, haven't they?  We've been hearing for years about the vast amounts of material they have written and recorded - it's not as though Axl and whoever is in the band now would be starting from scratch.  And surely, surely, the issues around it can't be so impossible to work around - most other bands seem to manage fine.  Even if it's legal mumbo-jumbo to do with ex-members and so on - well, they managed to sort that out with Chinese Democracy.  Maybe Axl doesn't care that much anymore, maybe the songs aren't very good... who knows?  I suspect that if there was another album's-worth of brilliant songs, the stuff that would shut up all the critics, that had people excited... well, we'd have heard it by now.  Or at any rate not seen the departure of at least two and possibly three band members.

I'd like a new album, even one made up of recordings over a decade old.  I don't want it right now this very minute, although it's frustrating that something supposedly near-finished for so long would take so many years to be released.  But hey, we're all pretty much used to that by now, aren't we?  And when it comes out (as I believe it eventually will, whether next year as a "proper" album, or some box-set release in twenty years) I will get it, listen to it and probably enjoy it.  I know that many, many people won't.  Now, it doesn't bother me if other people don't like music which I do, and music doesn't become better because it's popular, but someone with Axl Rose's talent and back catalogue (slim though it may be for someone whose first record came out in 1987) should be reaching far, far more people than I think he will.  And that's sad, but something that ultimately rests of his own (in)actions and those of his management over a period of many years, and I don't see the use in pretending otherwise.

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2015, 11:05:50 AM »

That ship has sailed.

So what's the magical answer to all your issues now? Cheesy

What you mean is: We don't know who's in the band when the band isn't doing anything that we could actually follow.

It's not like the band is touring right now and hiding their identities so you don't know who they are! That'd be different.

hihi

Did you know who was in the band in 1994? Even Gilby didn't seem to know if he was or if he wasn't.... And in 1997? 2003?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2015, 11:23:05 AM »

I think it's fair to say that the current state of 'GNR' is the most up in the air it's been since the 2003-2005 hiatus.  Last we heard from Axl, once last year's touring wrapped up, the focus was going to shift over to getting the rest of the "Chinese Democracy Era" music out.  The only evidence we have that this may or may not be the case, was a tweeted pic from the studio from nearly a year ago. Since then...nothing. Not a word from Axl or management about the next record.

Richard and Frank went from claiming 2016 was going to be a big year, to not having any clue what's going on with Guns N' Roses. 

Last we heard from Fernando, some GNR news was on the horizon.  Could this announcement be for the much anticipated follow up to Chinese Democracy? 

I'm of the mind that these reunion rumors are, like it or not, exactly that.  However, I still am not convinced we're any closer to hearing the next album than we were at this time last year...or the year before.

"Much anticipated follow up"Huh? Honey I got news for you. Besides you and 5 to 10 people around forums nobody gives a fuck about CDII!!!

Would I buy it if it ever comes out? Yes, but there is no anticipation. I?m not losing any sleep over that so called album. Nor that album will make any big impact. Very few people were really excited and loved CD when it came out. Not even one song from CD became a radio or iTune hit. Also the industry don`t care about rock bands. At least not the way they used to. The industry priority is Rap,  party music and  a bunch of pop divas

Bah, now you're exaggerating. The internet has made the world a small place. I was once in Nicaragua, in a taxicab, and a song comes up, and its Guns n' Roses, so I ask the taxidriver if he's fan, because he looks like a rocker, so he said he used to be, and he knew the basic details about how slash had left and it was just axl and how they wanted to release new music but it took too long.

Just that. But that tells you a lot. I guarantee that kind music listener has got ears and an internet connection, if something comes up in the music media, he will know about it and give it a listen. Maybe he wont buy the album, maybe just download it, but its definitely not 5-10 people. 5-10 people do not fill stadiums in Rock In Rio.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Princess Leia
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2015, 11:26:21 AM »

And now this?

But they've already made that investment, years ago, haven't they?  We've been hearing for years about the vast amounts of material they have written and recorded - it's not as though Axl and whoever is in the band now would be starting from scratch.  And surely, surely, the issues around it can't be so impossible to work around - most other bands seem to manage fine.  Even if it's legal mumbo-jumbo to do with ex-members and so on - well, they managed to sort that out with Chinese Democracy.  Maybe Axl doesn't care that much anymore, maybe the songs aren't very good... who knows?  I suspect that if there was another album's-worth of brilliant songs, the stuff that would shut up all the critics, that had people excited... well, we'd have heard it by now.  Or at any rate not seen the departure of at least two and possibly three band members.

I'd like a new album, even one made up of recordings over a decade old.  I don't want it right now this very minute, although it's frustrating that something supposedly near-finished for so long would take so many years to be released.  But hey, we're all pretty much used to that by now, aren't we?  And when it comes out (as I believe it eventually will, whether next year as a "proper" album, or some box-set release in twenty years) I will get it, listen to it and probably enjoy it.  I know that many, many people won't.  Now, it doesn't bother me if other people don't like music which I do, and music doesn't become better because it's popular, but someone with Axl Rose's talent and back catalogue (slim though it may be for someone whose first record came out in 1987) should be reaching far, far more people than I think he will.  And that's sad, but something that ultimately rests of his own (in)actions and those of his management over a period of many years, and I don't see the use in pretending otherwise.

Please leak the entire album or at least 5 to 8 songs. Otherwise there is no evidence that a new album is done. I don`t care about working titles like Soul Monster or a remixed of CD songs.

Axl had plenty of opportunities to perform 2 or 3 of those so called songs over the years. He never did. You have to ask yourself why.

You know back in 87 when they perfomed the accoustic at the CBGB we got to hear songs from Lies. In 1990 we got to hear Civil War

1999 we had OMG although we didn?t know for sure who was in the band

I haven`t seen any hint about CDII being recorded and ready to go

Princess Leia
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2015, 11:30:21 AM »

Bah, now you're exaggerating. The internet has made the world a small place. I was once in Nicaragua, in a taxicab, and a song comes up, and its Guns n' Roses, so I ask the taxidriver if he's fan, because he looks like a rocker, so he said he used to be, and he knew the basic details about how slash had left and it was just axl and how they wanted to release new music but it took too long.

Just that. But that tells you a lot. I guarantee that kind music listener has got ears and an internet connection, if something comes up in the music media, he will know about it and give it a listen. Maybe he wont buy the album, maybe just download it, but its definitely not 5-10 people. 5-10 people do not fill stadiums in Rock In Rio.

You`re talking about South America. What about the U.S. and Europe? That`s what matter the most to artists and record companies.

As for download. They stream CD on My Space. That didn`t mean CD sold 20 million copies
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2015, 11:31:52 AM »

Please leak the entire album or at least 5 to 8 songs. Otherwise there is no evidence that a new album is done. I don`t care about working titles like Soul Monster or a remixed of CD songs.

That's funny. Illogical, but funny.
Leaking something doesn't mean it's finished. That's no guarantee at all.

Also, nice to see you promoting stealing from the artists you claim to support. nice going there.

You`re talking about South America. What about the U.S. and Europe? That`s what matter the most to artists and record companies.

2014: Headlined Rock On The Range in the USA
2013: Headlined Governors Ball in the USA.
2012: Headlined several festivals in Europe.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 11:33:59 AM by jarmo » Logged

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2015, 11:38:45 AM »

As for download. They stream CD on My Space. That didn`t mean CD sold 20 million copies

Actually Im talking about Central America.  Nicaragua = Central America.
But I was making a point about how there's a potential GnR fan in every corner of the world. Just like the graffiti on the cover of chidem.
That hardly seems like 5-10 fans.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2015, 11:49:58 AM »

Anyone who doesn't think a new GNR album in 2016 would be a big deal is talking out of their ass.  I'm not saying it would set the rock world on fire, or even do as well as Chinese.  Hell, I think that's almost a given with the music industry being what it now is.  But nonetheless, a new album from Axl Rose/Guns N' Roses is BIG DEAL, and people will be paying attention. And anyone claiming otherwise isn't thinking straight.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2015, 12:24:50 PM »

Anyone who doesn't think a new GNR album in 2016 would be a big deal is talking out of their ass.  I'm not saying it would set the rock world on fire, or even do as well as Chinese.  Hell, I think that's almost a given with the music industry being what it now is.  But nonetheless, a new album from Axl Rose/Guns N' Roses is BIG DEAL, and people will be paying attention. And anyone claiming otherwise isn't thinking straight.

I agree it would be a big deal?however it would be an even bigger deal if Slash were to rejoin the band.  And I think that?s what maybe irks some people here who downplay the reunion.  They don?t want to accept that Guns n Roses (and Axl) would be more relevant if Slash were back in the band.  There is really no debating that fact, and I guess it?s a hard pill for some people to swallow.  So instead, we?ll talk about how Slash isn?t an original member?
Princess Leia
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2015, 12:27:11 PM »

That's funny. Illogical, but funny.
Leaking something doesn't mean it's finished. That's no guarantee at all.

Also, nice to see you promoting stealing from the artists you claim to support. nice going there.

2014: Headlined Rock On The Range in the USA
2013: Headlined Governors Ball in the USA.
2012: Headlined several festivals in Europe.

/jarmo

Dude I didn`t really mean asking for a leak. Don`t take my words so fuckin`literal  Roll Eyes My point was that there is not enough evidence that CD II has been recorded and now is ready to go. Nobody can make such claim that the album is done and only Dijon has the privilege to listen to it every day
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: