Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:42:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016  (Read 93464 times)
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #300 on: October 19, 2015, 06:03:54 PM »

But, let me just throw this out there (pure speculation by the way):

Just a theory on why they might have stayed as low as they have in the past 18 months. With all the speculation about former members coming back or not, could maybe this situation have caused a problem for the management on how to portray things in public. If there have been negotiations with former members, this is probably information they don't want out there prematurely. When Bumble left and then eventually Dj, maybe they concluded it would be better to not push any more publicity regarding the new line-up, maybe then leading people to believe a brand new guitarist are being sought when in reality that's not the case.

Maybe they don't want give bits of information that can steer any speculation towards a reunion ? when a reunion is not locked down yet. If they announced the leaving of Bumble and Dj, people would immediately start asking questions about what's next. Still negotiating with former members, they would be unable to answer. If they intended to bring in a new guitarist, they could easily have said that.

Very possible, I think.

I guess my opinion would be that all is well that ends will if that's indeed what happens.  If all this radio silence leads to some sort of reunion or even hybridized one, no one is going to really care about the ham handed way they put it together.  Its together now, so we all win.

H O W E V E R...

If by early next year, Slash, Duff or both confirm there is nothing happening and there ain't gonna be anything happening, people will be annoyed.

When Axl or TB then either has no comment on that, or something how only idiots would think a reunion was in the cards, people will be annoyed.

And if the official position is still some variation on how they are still trying to get a handle on all this super amazing material and there is still nothing in the cards in terms of a strategy forward...people will be furious.

Some sort of reunion tour?  Great.  A new album?  Bring it on.

2 more years sitting around with no progress on either front?  Totally ridiculous.

Honestly, I think most people are past caring enough about this band to be furious at anything they do - short of canceling shows, walking off stage and prompting riots etc.  If they carry on doing nothing, people will carry on not caring and occasionally getting worked up about a reunion next time Slash or Duff or whoever words something loosely in an interview.  

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #301 on: October 19, 2015, 06:08:51 PM »

My point is, that i dont think you are able to see the other side of the story. Its Jarmo's way or the highway. That creates angst and reduces the chances of intelligent constructive conversation on the most debated topics on here.

Really?
So you mean, when I say "I can understand why you'd say ______" it means I don't?

Look... you own the site and have ties to the GNR camp, i understand with that.. comes some fairly strong loyalties and unmovable opinions no matter what shit is thrown at you. I get all that... and im sure you know the difference between someone who just throws shit for the sake of throwing shit.. and those who may whine about a certain topic every week but are actually here for solid reasons.

Sure, but the point I've been trying to make for years is that there's nothing productive in the whining...

What i am saying is.. as the owner of the site, it wouldnt hurt for you to acknowledge every once in a while some legitimate concerns that keep coming up. I think it would actually make your life a lot easier on here in terms of how much "whining" goes on.

I think over time I've made it clear on numerous occasions that I can understand the frustration and whatever.
I think I've also explained that when you see something with limited knowledge, it might appear one way when in reality it's something else.

The issue is that when I try to explain that part, it's ignored.

I think others are able to do the same, and their posts seem to be ignored as well. So it's not only because it's me. It's like anybody trying to explain something gets ignored because it doesn't fit whatever ideas these people have. How you can claim to be interested in discussions when you actively choose to ignore numerous posts trying to show you a different point of view, besides the negative ones you have, I don't understand.

To me, that's just the act of a hypocrite.

I can understand this guy sofine or whoever saying something like "I don't know if they want to force Axl to do something he doesn't want to". I can understand it. Doesn't mean I agree. It's because he wants something, the product that he thinks he will get once somebody forces Axl to deliver it to him.
But, what I don't understand is why would that be a good thing? Multiple people have pointed out that it's not necessarily the way to do things. Does that make sofine change his opinion? No. So, then what? Is it just a case of him being selfish? He wants what he wants, no matter what the cost to his favorite band or singer? Why doesn't any of this register with him or the others? No idea. We can only guess.

How about the fact that there's more people involved in all this. Not only band and management. Does that matter? Seems like it doesn't. Ruling out one part of the equation just like that because you don't like the other part? I guess that makes sense to some. Not to me.

It easy to post things and complain, it's seem like it's more difficult to actually spend some time and think.

At the end of the day, most of us here are fans. Some like to think they know their shit. Some do, some clearly don't. But it's nice to be something or somebody right? I can understand that. Again, something I can understand! I can't necessarily understand it when it comes to taking this so seriously that your online ego must be protected to the point where you run away like a little kid if you get challenged... But, what do I know? Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #302 on: October 19, 2015, 06:34:43 PM »

My point is, that i dont think you are able to see the other side of the story. Its Jarmo's way or the highway. That creates angst and reduces the chances of intelligent constructive conversation on the most debated topics on here.

Really?
So you mean, when I say "I can understand why you'd say ______" it means I don't?

Look... you own the site and have ties to the GNR camp, i understand with that.. comes some fairly strong loyalties and unmovable opinions no matter what shit is thrown at you. I get all that... and im sure you know the difference between someone who just throws shit for the sake of throwing shit.. and those who may whine about a certain topic every week but are actually here for solid reasons.

Sure, but the point I've been trying to make for years is that there's nothing productive in the whining...

What i am saying is.. as the owner of the site, it wouldnt hurt for you to acknowledge every once in a while some legitimate concerns that keep coming up. I think it would actually make your life a lot easier on here in terms of how much "whining" goes on.

I think over time I've made it clear on numerous occasions that I can understand the frustration and whatever.
I think I've also explained that when you see something with limited knowledge, it might appear one way when in reality it's something else.

The issue is that when I try to explain that part, it's ignored.

I think others are able to do the same, and their posts seem to be ignored as well. So it's not only because it's me. It's like anybody trying to explain something gets ignored because it doesn't fit whatever ideas these people have. How you can claim to be interested in discussions when you actively choose to ignore numerous posts trying to show you a different point of view, besides the negative ones you have, I don't understand.

To me, that's just the act of a hypocrite.

I can understand this guy sofine or whoever saying something like "I don't know if they want to force Axl to do something he doesn't want to". I can understand it. Doesn't mean I agree. It's because he wants something, the product that he thinks he will get once somebody forces Axl to deliver it to him.
But, what I don't understand is why would that be a good thing? Multiple people have pointed out that it's not necessarily the way to do things. Does that make sofine change his opinion? No. So, then what? Is it just a case of him being selfish? He wants what he wants, no matter what the cost to his favorite band or singer? Why doesn't any of this register with him or the others? No idea. We can only guess.

How about the fact that there's more people involved in all this. Not only band and management. Does that matter? Seems like it doesn't. Ruling out one part of the equation just like that because you don't like the other part? I guess that makes sense to some. Not to me.

It easy to post things and complain, it's seem like it's more difficult to actually spend some time and think.

At the end of the day, most of us here are fans. Some like to think they know their shit. Some do, some clearly don't. But it's nice to be something or somebody right? I can understand that. Again, something I can understand! I can't necessarily understand it when it comes to taking this so seriously that your online ego must be protected to the point where you run away like a little kid if you get challenged... But, what do I know? Smiley

/jarmo

On your last point. Others on here who have similar opinions to yours dont carry the weight with their opinions that perhaps your opinion carries? Why??? Because people on here assume (rightly or wrongly) that you do in fact have some degree of knowledge when it comes to whats actually going on in the band... now..whether thats right or wrong.. i dont know.. You may or may not be willing to open up on that. Either way, its perceived that way. So when you shut down the conversation with responses like whingers whinging again or dancing around the topic with some "circular (sofines word) answer, it gets incredibly frustrating.

In saying that, its refreshing to read in your post above that you do understand some of the frustration that us fans on here have regarding new albums, lack of information, no bones being thrown in terms of information or interaction with the fans.. (my biggest gripe has always been the last one).

I agree... it most certainly is very easy to complain on a message board, or post negative view points, Ive done it.. as you know.. but just because its negative doesn't mean its invalid. I mean... Ive also been very complimentary on things since i joined the board. I thought it was fantastic that Fernando showed up here for a couple of days, answered some questions and tried to at least give us some information. it created a buzz on the board and was the most positive thing to happen on here in 12 months. I hope you or someone else can get him back here for some kind of information before Christmas for an update one afternoon, i heard hes just had a baby so his time is probably a bit more limited then usual... but im sure most on here would be appreciative of the intent to at least try and communicate with the fans then just ghostly silence.

As for the very last paragraph, im not sure why you would bring up people wanting to be something... not sure if its a general comment or aimed at me, or what? I have never claimed i know everything or i am anything on this board, most certainly ive enjoyed the interaction on here with certain posters, learnt a few new things along the way and turn up in work hours on the off chance there may be something new happening in GNR land that may indicate whats happening.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 06:36:16 PM by OscarAxl22 » Logged
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #303 on: October 19, 2015, 06:40:22 PM »

you enjoy interaction ONLY with people who think like you....you need to come clean....you haven't learned shit because you are stuck in your own world.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #304 on: October 19, 2015, 06:42:31 PM »

you enjoy interaction ONLY with people who think like you....you need to come clean....you haven't learned shit because you are stuck in your own world.

Coming from one of the most arrogant internet warriors on here.. thats laughable...

but anyhoo
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #305 on: October 19, 2015, 06:51:43 PM »

Nothing for me to be arrogant about, followed this saga since 1988...went to 7 UYI shows...pined for some form of Gnr album for 17 years...been there and done that....yes, I wear my rock badge proud. However, I learned a while ago when to shut the fuck up. If that is arrogance, then so be it. Like Jarmo and others, if you and your ilk can't accept reality, ain't my problem...continue to be a bitch.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #306 on: October 19, 2015, 07:04:09 PM »

Nothing for me to be arrogant about, followed this saga since 1988...went to 7 UYI shows...pined for some form of Gnr album for 17 years...been there and done that....yes, I wear my rock badge proud. However, I learned a while ago when to shut the fuck up. If that is arrogance, then so be it. Like Jarmo and others, if you and your ilk can't accept reality, ain't my problem...continue to be a bitch.

You obviously haven't learnt to "shut the fuck up" because here you are.... still going.  Roll Eyes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #307 on: October 19, 2015, 07:05:46 PM »

On your last point. Others on here who have similar opinions to yours dont carry the weight with their opinions that perhaps your opinion carries? Why??? Because people on here assume (rightly or wrongly) that you do in fact have some degree of knowledge when it comes to whats actually going on in the band... now..whether thats right or wrong.. i dont know.. You may or may not be willing to open up on that. Either way, its perceived that way. So when you shut down the conversation with responses like whingers whinging again or dancing around the topic with some "circular (sofines word) answer, it gets incredibly frustrating.

Just to be clear, I don't claim to be an insider. I get that maybe to some it seems like a label they'd use. Their choice, not mine.
Anyway, the only thing I've said is that we all have different experiences that "color" our opinions.
So for some who think I'm brainwashed and whatever, well maybe if you saw things my way you'd have a similar point of view...

In saying that, its refreshing to read in your post above that you do understand some of the frustration that us fans on here have regarding new albums, lack of information, no bones being thrown in terms of information or interaction with the fans.. (my biggest gripe has always been the last one).

It's really nothing new, I've stated it numerous times that as a fan I can understand some of it.
Just because I don't repeat that week after week like some, doesn't mean I don't understand some of their reasons. But, at the end of the day, that kind of existence isn't for me.

I agree... it most certainly is very easy to complain on a message board, or post negative view points, Ive done it.. as you know.. but just because its negative doesn't mean its invalid.

Sometimes it does!
Sometimes people have made up their mind on something and won't change. Even if their opinion is based on something that's not really 100% true.

As for the very last paragraph, im not sure why you would bring up people wanting to be something... not sure if its a general comment or aimed at me, or what? I have never claimed i know everything or i am anything on this board, most certainly ive enjoyed the interaction on here with certain posters, learnt a few new things along the way and turn up in work hours on the off chance there may be something new happening in GNR land that may indicate whats happening.

No, it was a general comment. Seems to me like a bunch of people go on fan sites and hope to become somebody. They create an username and it becomes part of their identity. For some, part of that is that they want to be that guy who knows his shit, or the funny guy, or whatever....

And then you got those who will go to any length to prove they are "objective". Even if it means posting whiny posts about their favorite band in order to not be seem like a fan boy!

And then you wonder, didn't they say it wasn't supposed to be serious?

Just my personal opinion based on over a decade of visiting fan sites....

Edited to add: The answer to all this is kinda obvious. If you can get over the fact that GN'R will possibly never do things your way, and accept that. Then maybe, just maybe, you'll be able to let some of those frustrations go. No matter how many of the bands you listen to release albums according to your approved schedules, doesn't mean GN'R will. No matter how much you think you know about how GN'R should be run, doesn't mean it'll change to comply to those wishes you have.

But instead, year after year we got the same people feeling frustrated about the same things.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 07:32:27 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #308 on: October 19, 2015, 07:35:07 PM »

Honestly, I think most people are past caring enough about this band to be furious at anything they do - short of canceling shows, walking off stage and prompting riots etc.  If they carry on doing nothing, people will carry on not caring and occasionally getting worked up about a reunion next time Slash or Duff or whoever words something loosely in an interview.  

I do see what you are saying.

But I do think that many fans are in the camp they can accept either fork in the road (reunion vs. new album), but will have real trouble with the idea Axl didn't take either path on the road, and instead has just pulled the car over and parked for 2 more years.

Where I think you are on to something is that people will be pissed, but ultimately, not surprised.  Disappointed, but beaten down enough to shrug it off.

If you accept the three outcomes, as : reunion vs. new album vs. more stalling.....how would you rank them in terms of probability?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #309 on: October 19, 2015, 07:49:53 PM »

But I do think that many fans are in the camp they can accept either fork in the road (reunion vs. new album), but will have real trouble with the idea Axl didn't take either path on the road, and instead has just pulled the car over and parked for 2 more years.

Where I think you are on to something is that people will be pissed, but ultimately, not surprised.  Disappointed, but beaten down enough to shrug it off.

If you accept the three outcomes, as : reunion vs. new album vs. more stalling.....how would you rank them in terms of probability?

Or this option....

Axl gets a couple of new gee-tar players we have never heard of before and hits the road again. No new music, no reunion... just another tour....

Its possible.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #310 on: October 19, 2015, 07:53:50 PM »

Ok so im actually going to try to get everyone back on topic not that it will work probably lol. But i am going to say there will be an album in 2016 but it will be towards the end of the year like oct/nov. My only basis for that is that if i recall UYI came out in the fall, chinese democracy came out in the fall and i think Axl likes fall releases and will make us all happy with a tour whether its before the release or after thus giving you the big 2016 that has been mentioned by others in the band.
Annie
« Reply #311 on: October 19, 2015, 07:57:05 PM »

Ok so im actually going to try to get everyone back on topic not that it will work probably lol. But i am going to say there will be an album in 2016 but it will be towards the end of the year like oct/nov. My only basis for that is that if i recall UYI came out in the fall, chinese democracy came out in the fall and i think Axl likes fall releases and will make us all happy with a tour whether its before the release or after thus giving you the big 2016 that has been mentioned by others in the band.
I could live with that. ok
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #312 on: October 19, 2015, 07:58:53 PM »

With who on stage with him?

Old faces, or new names to learn?  I'd have to think new names, no?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #313 on: October 19, 2015, 08:04:15 PM »

Well I think we are going to get what has been talked about and have some kind of mixed reunion again the fact that there are no guitarists in this band other then Richard.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #314 on: October 19, 2015, 11:53:37 PM »

Well I think we are going to get what has been talked about and have some kind of mixed reunion again the fact that there are no guitarists in this band other then Richard.

I think the only thing I would find more astounding than Slash or Duff coming back in the first place, would be them to come back and say they are excited to promote material released under the Guns N' Roses banner, but written by Robin Finck and Paul Huge.

I have no idea if those guys would sign back on with Axl.  But would it be to flog the (as yet unheard, but granted legendary status) 'The General' or 'Atlas Shrugged'?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #315 on: October 20, 2015, 06:41:56 AM »

Yeah, that fall release theory makes sense. Or at least it did. Record companies seemed to prefer to put out the big releases in time for the the holidays.
I don't honestly know if this is still a factor for them when planning releases though. Considering the changed climate in the world of music retail.

/jarmo

The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #316 on: October 20, 2015, 07:06:54 AM »

Yeah, that fall release theory makes sense. Or at least it did. Record companies seemed to prefer to put out the big releases in time for the the holidays.
I don't honestly know if this is still a factor for them when planning releases though. Considering the changed climate in the world of music retail.

/jarmo

you'd think that with some acts that a spring release would make more sense, spreading the competition around abit to make it more affordable to customers, at the end of the day hardcore fans will always buy, and whenever.  If you are a casual buyer with a limited budget, but are buying Christmas pressies, and another artist,who is more prolific in releasing stuff is dropping an album, then as purchase, they will nearly always imo be the "safe" option in regards to being a gift that pleases its recipient...
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #317 on: October 20, 2015, 07:08:12 AM »

I would rank them in reverse order: stalling (with or without another tour/ residency with new guitarists) - new album - reunion.  A reunion being probably a considerable way back from a new album.

As for a new album coming out next year... maybe.  I mean, if we assume for a moment that it will indeed come out, then the further into the future we go, the more likely it is to come out.  An t'other hand, I don't know what we've heard this year that makes next year likely, more than anything we heard last year that makes this year likely.  

And as for autumn/ spring releases - well, I suppose a spring release could set up touring summer festivals, if that's part of the picture.  I suspect nobody involved in the operation really knows any more than we do, though. 

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #318 on: October 20, 2015, 07:08:58 AM »

you'd think that with some acts that a spring release would make more sense, spreading the competition around abit to make it more affordable to customers, at the end of the day hardcore fans will always buy, and whenever.  If you are a casual buyer with a limited budget, but are buying Christmas pressies, and another artist,who is more prolific in releasing stuff is dropping an album, then as purchase, they will nearly always imo be the "safe" option in regards to being a gift that pleases its recipient...

Yes. Plus many acts tour in the summer. So if those want the album to coincide with a summer tour, then a spring release makes sense.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 07:10:38 AM by jarmo » Logged

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #319 on: October 20, 2015, 08:22:22 AM »

If the band are reforming, a Spring release for any new album next year could make sense. They could tour and promote that during 2016, then do a thirty year anniversary reunion tour of AFD in 2017.

It's exciting either way
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: