Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 01:55:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016  (Read 94159 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #240 on: October 19, 2015, 02:04:10 PM »

There is a big difference between constructive criticism and internet trolling and bullying. Not talking about anybody here specifically. There are a lot of haters on other sites. I appreciate that Jarmo does his best to keep things fairly civil here. and CD was a masterpiece IMO.

OK, I can respect that.

However, suppose you are a lifelong fan that though it was good, not great.  If I (or anyone) can stop short of the "masterpiece" designation, should we have to listen to a lot of bullshit about being fake fans?  There are songs I really love, some I think are just OK, and some that are pretty poor.

Ditto the past 20 years.  If I can't roast marshmallows and sing songs about how expertly everything has been managed and how we are the envy of the rock fandom world, am I unworthy to call myself a fan?

This is what people talk about.  Yes, there is real trolling out there, I agree.  And trust me, it ain't here.  Why should anyone here be painted with the same brush you would other people on other sites that REALLY have an ax to grind with Axl, TB, or the band itself?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #241 on: October 19, 2015, 02:11:00 PM »

There is a big difference between constructive criticism and internet trolling and bullying. Not talking about anybody here specifically. There are a lot of haters on other sites. I appreciate that Jarmo does his best to keep things fairly civil here. and CD was a masterpiece IMO.

OK, I can respect that.

However, suppose you are a lifelong fan that though it was good, not great.  If I (or anyone) can stop short of the "masterpiece" designation, should we have to listen to a lot of bullshit about being fake fans?  There are songs I really love, some I think are just OK, and some that are pretty poor.

Ditto the past 20 years.  If I can't roast marshmallows and sing songs about how expertly everything has been managed and how we are the envy of the rock fandom world, am I unworthy to call myself a fan?

This is what people talk about.  Yes, there is real trolling out there, I agree.  And trust me, it ain't here.  Why should anyone here be painted with the same brush you would other people on other sites that REALLY have an ax to grind with Axl, TB, or the band itself?

Apparently, there is just no room for any kind of dissent here. It's weird. Our beefs (if you can call them that) aren't even against Axl and "Guns N' Roses". But lie with management, and the lack of hustle to get new GNR material out. But because the current regime affords certain posters privileges and make them feel part of the team ("Keep fighting the good fight!") you might as well be attacking GNR.  Again, weird.
Annie
« Reply #242 on: October 19, 2015, 02:12:20 PM »

I can respect that not everybody is going to like every song.  I am a huge fan of Idina Menzel and I really wanted to LOVE her last Broadway musical IF/THEN. But I didn't. Part of why I didn't like it was that I was kinda too stupid to get how they showcased the alternate destinies. So If I were to see it again, I would probably like it better. But I was very excited to be in the 2nd row breathing the same air as her. hihi
Some people do get carried away with their criticism of TB. And I do believe that a lot of management issues have had to do with people wanting to force a reunion for a big payoff. Just look at how out of control things got by a simple interview with Slash where he just briefly mentioned that he and Axl had started to repair their friendship. I am very happy for both of them about that. The rest of us just need to mind our own biz and embrace what the future will bring.

Annie
« Reply #243 on: October 19, 2015, 02:13:24 PM »

OK, I can respect that.

Apparently, there is just no room for any kind of dissent here. It's weird. Our beefs (if you can call them that) aren't even against Axl and "Guns N' Roses". But lie with management, and the lack of hustle to get new GNR material out. But because the current regime affords certain posters privileges and make them feel part of the team ("Keep fighting the good fight!") you might as well be attacking GNR.  Again, weird.
I think it is called loyalty and discretion and knowing a lot more than any of us here about what actually goes on behind the scenes.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #244 on: October 19, 2015, 02:17:47 PM »

Some people do get carried away with their criticism of TB.

Do they help themselves though?  Is staying hunkered down in a bunker the best way to communicate what you are doing?

We damn sure don't have a real solid record of activity we can point to.  So we are then forced to try and make ourselves believe there is all this hustle and bustle is going on behind the scenes.

But...little to nothing happens.  So they almost put themselves in the worst position where we are almost forced to believe they are either incompetent or totally apathetic.  Do we know that?  No, we don't know much of anything.  But are they really doing all this great stuff if nothing ever happens?  What sense does that make?

Which is sort of the problem.  Expecting everyone to sit on their hands quietly in the corner is not realistic.  You can pound the desk all you want and say that's how things should be, but its a fool's errand.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #245 on: October 19, 2015, 02:23:48 PM »

Some people do get carried away with their criticism of TB.

Do they help themselves though?  Is staying hunkered down in a bunker the best way to communicate what you are doing?

We damn sure don't have a real solid record of activity we can point to.  So we are then forced to try and make ourselves believe there is all this hustle and bustle is going on behind the scenes.

But...little to nothing happens.  So they almost put themselves in the worst position where we are almost forced to believe they are either incompetent or totally apathetic.  Do we know that?  No, we don't know much of anything.  But are they really doing all this great stuff if nothing ever happens?  What sense does that make?

Which is sort of the problem.  Expecting everyone to sit on their hands quietly in the corner is not realistic.  You can pound the desk all you want and say that's how things should be, but its a fool's errand.

You can really only do the "benefit of the doubt" thing for so many years.  As far as new music goes, I think that ran out sometime around when the second Las Vegas residency was announced.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #246 on: October 19, 2015, 02:24:40 PM »

Hold on.
Your so called beefs. When you're asked about them, you run away. You don't wanna discuss shit.
You and your "pals" just wanna regurgitate the same stuff you post week after week.

Stop posting this nonsense. It's insulting.
It's not our fault you can't seem to be able to explain any of the shit you post and instead just keep repeating your well rehearsed bullshit lines.

Get a new act already.
The pity party one isn't working or fooling anyone.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #247 on: October 19, 2015, 02:27:19 PM »

I think it is called loyalty and discretion and knowing a lot more than any of us here about what actually goes on behind the scenes.

That's a consequence free position though, isn't it?

Here is what I mean.  If you want play the role of Johnny Insider, Mr. I Know Stuff...you do that.  And if something comes down the pike, you can then puff out your chest, because clearly, there was stuff going on we weren't privy to.

Would the reverse EVER happen though?

If you spent all this past year, year and a half with your little smirk and assurances only you truly knew the real picture, don't you, at some point need to own it...WHEN NOTHING HAPPENS?

To maintain any credibility, every now and again, you need to be willing to say that, well...perhaps there ain't much going on now.  You wish there was, but there ain't.  

Never happens.  So such alleged inside expertise carries little weight with anyone being serious.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #248 on: October 19, 2015, 02:29:41 PM »

You can really only do the "benefit of the doubt" thing for so many years.  As far as new music goes, I think that ran out sometime around when the second Las Vegas residency was announced.

Every now and again, you need to deliver.

An a DVD that took 2 years to release, where the company that put it out said you were a nightmare to deal with...and the artist himself all but says he doesn't know much about it.....when THAT is your big success story?

We've got troubles.

The DVD itself is hardly a bad thing.  Touting as proof everything is ship shape?  Ridiculous.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #249 on: October 19, 2015, 02:34:54 PM »

Hold on.
Your so called beefs. When you're asked about them, you run away. You don't wanna discuss shit.
You and your "pals" just wanna regurgitate the same stuff you post week after week.

Stop posting this nonsense. It's insulting.
It's not our fault you can't seem to be able to explain any of the shit you post and instead just keep repeating your well rehearsed bullshit lines.

Get a new act already.
The pity party one isn't working or fooling anyone.

/jarmo

Riiiiiight, because your one note babbling and lame ass "regurgitations" about how we should just shut up because we don't know what's going on behind the scenes has been just a fountain of explanation.  It's damn near impossible to have a civil conversation with you because you're so on guard, angry and ready to pounce on anyone who has dared to question your pals, whether their line of questioning is legit or not.  

So let's just stop pretending it's even close to possible to speak to you with an open mind or otherwise.  It's simply not.  Because for whatever your reasons, you won't allow yourself to think/speak objectively, and it's so easy to see right through your act.

I love GNR, Axl and can't wait for the next album. I'm not sure his current management team is helping move him in that direction.  And that pisses you the hell off.  Lame Jarmo. So, so lame.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #250 on: October 19, 2015, 02:40:39 PM »

bitches!!!

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #251 on: October 19, 2015, 02:47:11 PM »

bitches!!!

ain't shit but hoes and tricks???
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #252 on: October 19, 2015, 02:51:48 PM »

Riiiiiight, because your one note babbling and lame ass "regurgitations" about how we should just shut up because we don't know what's going on behind the scenes has been just a fountain of explanation.  It's damn near impossible to have a civil conversation with you because you're so on guard, angry and ready to pounce on anyone who has dared to question your pals, whether their line of questioning is legit or not.  

So let's just stop pretending it's even close to possible to speak to you with an open mind or otherwise.  It's simply not.  Because for whatever your reasons, you won't allow yourself to think/speak objectively, and it's so easy to see right through your act.

I love GNR, Axl and can't wait for the next album. I'm not sure his current management team is helping move him in that direction.  And that pisses you the hell off.  Lame Jarmo. So, so lame.

Angry? You and your pal really need to read a book or something. I mean, you really have no clue... Smiley

What act?

You're the one with the "beef". And yet, you can't explain it. "Oh no, I don't think they want to push Axl". Somebody explains it to you. And nothing.
You can't take that info in and process it. You just act like nothing.

So tell me, which part of the posts explaining these things to you are so out there that they make no sense?
Which part of the hypothetical equation makes no sense? That people who've been with him for decades have an idea of what he wants to do instead of trying to force him to do what sofine11 wants him to do?
Or that they have a better understanding on how things work in the GN'R universe than you do? Were Doug, Doc, Merck etc. the right people?  You didn't have any issues with them? They updated you regularly on what was going on?

None of these things make any sense to you?
So you just chose to ignore it all and post "I don't think they're the right people to move Axl in that direction" again.....

The idea you guys have of a discussion is basically you repeating your opinion from 2003 or whatever. No new information is allowed to enter those heads.

I don't care, if you think I'm lame. Couldn't care less.
But you can't say I'm not here to discuss with you. Even though, I think you've been posting the same shit year after year, and most things you still post have been explained and discussed ad nausea..... I'm still here responding to your same old... Smiley

I've seen these posts for over a decade now.... When will you guys move on? Cheesy

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 02:54:31 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #253 on: October 19, 2015, 02:52:56 PM »

bitches!!!

ain't shit but hoes and tricks???

Hahahaha

I remember sellin' instrumentals off a beeper
Millionaire 'fore the headphones or the speakers
I was getting money 'fore the internet
Still got Eminem checks I ain't opened yet

I had such a good year on the comeback front :

Dr. Dre
Mad Max
The X-Files
Roger Federer
Florida Gators

If only I had someone else to join them...

Annie
« Reply #254 on: October 19, 2015, 02:56:30 PM »

That's a consequence free position though, isn't it?

Here is what I mean.  If you want play the role of Johnny Insider, Mr. I Know Stuff...you do that.  And if something comes down the pike, you can then puff out your chest, because clearly, there was stuff going on we weren't privy to.

Would the reverse EVER happen though?

If you spent all this past year, year and a half with your little smirk and assurances only you truly knew the real picture, don't you, at some point need to own it...WHEN NOTHING HAPPENS?

To maintain any credibility, every now and again, you need to be willing to say that, well...perhaps there ain't much going on now.  You wish there was, but there ain't.  

Never happens.  So such alleged inside expertise carries little weight with anyone being serious.
Being an insider and friend who keeps his mouth shut is hardly a bad thing. Its called respect for the actual people in charge. Otherwise you have people like Marc Canter who enjoy pseudo-fame by proxy.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #255 on: October 19, 2015, 03:01:37 PM »

But if you tell people nothing's going on, the band is on a break and as soon as there's news, we'll hear about it, it's met with "Why can't they update us?"....

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #256 on: October 19, 2015, 03:05:18 PM »

Being an insider and friend who keeps his mouth shut is hardly a bad thing. Its called respect for the actual people in charge. Otherwise you have people like Marc Canter who enjoy pseudo-fame by proxy.

Haha.  Fair point.

But did you believe Axl when he gave that interview last year?  I did.  Why the hell not?  What's his incentive to lie?  I took him at his word.

Yet here we are, a year and a half later.  Not even a hint of a whisper of anything going on.  3 band members have left.

Asking what happened, is that "disrespect for the people in charge"?  

Or is it easier to try and make the conversation about how disrespectful the question is...when the answer is depressing at best, and non-existent at worst?

That's the stuff that annoys people, it sure looks like.  And if you really can't say anything, how about actually...not saying anything?

"Its not my place to say, but you best shut your fucking mouth if you don't think things are humming along, because I know stuff."

Guess what?  That's you taking a position.  And the follow up questions are inevitable as the sun rising in the morning.  You opened that door, not us.  No one is forcing you to go on record, even in the half ass fashion you are doing so.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #257 on: October 19, 2015, 03:12:07 PM »

Angry? You and your pal really need to read a book or something. I mean, you really have no clue... Smiley

What act?

You're the one with the "beef". And yet, you can't explain it. "Oh no, I don't think they want to push Axl". Somebody explains it to you. And nothing.
You can't take that info in and process it. You just act like nothing.

So tell me, which part of the posts explaining these things to you are so out there that they make no sense?
Which part of the hypothetical equation makes no sense? That people who've been with him for decades have an idea of what he wants to do instead of trying to force him to do what sofine11 wants him to do?
Or that they have a better understanding on how things work in the GN'R universe than you do? Were Doug, Doc, Merck etc. the right people?  You didn't have any issues with them? They updated you regularly on what was going on?

None of these things make any sense to you?
So you just chose to ignore it all and post "I don't think they're the right people to move Axl in that direction" again.....

The idea you guys have of a discussion is basically you repeating your opinion from 2003 or whatever. No new information is allowed to enter those heads.

I don't care, if you think I'm lame. Couldn't care less.
But you can't say I'm not here to discuss with you. Even though, I think you've been posting the same shit year after year, and most things you still post have been explained and discussed ad nausea..... I'm still here responding to your same old... Smiley

I've seen these posts for over a decade now.... When will you guys move on? Cheesy

/jarmo

The difference between our mindsets is that if I see someone post something like "I honestly believe they are doing everything in the meager powers to get the next album out." I would feel no need to attack that person, and shit all over their personal opinion.  Whereas, with you and a handful of others, if someone randomly doubts Fernando's motives or work ethic, it's "Off with their head!".  

You want us to answer your questions a certain way, as it if would mean you might see some shred of logic in them.  But what's the point of going tit for tat with you, when all you'll do is ridicule us for questioning why an album hasn't been released for the last seven years, when originally Axl told fans we could possibly expect it a year after Chinese?

We've been through this before with Chinese, but with that album there was always a sense of inevitability that it would eventually come out.  We haven't seen any of that build up with the follow up.  But, you know, fuck us for doubting that it's priority 101 on Fernando & Beta's "to do" list.

This thread is about the likelihood of an album in 2016.  There is inevitably going to be two sides to that coin.  Why does it always have to come to blows?
Annie
« Reply #258 on: October 19, 2015, 03:15:21 PM »

If nothing else, GNR fans are passionate. And when passion is involved all sorts of crazy stuff happens.  hihi peace
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #259 on: October 19, 2015, 03:16:42 PM »

This thread is about the likelihood of an album in 2016.  There is inevitably going to be two sides to that coin.  Why does it always have to come to blows?

Because posts become about the individual person that drives you up the fucking wall and not the topic.  Didn't we just see that play out?

The only nasty posts are from a handful of people towards the same handful of people.  Because nerves are touched and feathers are ruffled.

And all the "I couldn't be less affected by you" posts in the world fall a bit flat when its on the heels of 7 straight where you have shown you are very much bothered by that person.

If certain people drive you so god damn nuts you can't have civil conversations, what's the point of beating your head against the wall?  Is that some crazy notion?

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: