Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 02:15:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016  (Read 94168 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #220 on: October 18, 2015, 11:04:01 AM »

I'm assuming you're joking.... Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #221 on: October 18, 2015, 04:15:09 PM »

To call them Team Brazil is childish though, and borderline racist hahahha

You realize that is what they call themselves... they have a website http://www.teambrazil.com
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #222 on: October 18, 2015, 09:44:43 PM »

But wasn't Doug their tour manager first...and then got promoted to band manager in 1991?

And, your point is?

The issue was the alleged lack of experience of managing a big popular band.

But, when that same "issue" applies to others, here you are looking for excuses.
Did you point out that Fernando was the band's tour manager or that Beta was Axl's personal manager? No, you didn't.
That seems to be irrelevant because you have issues with them.

Jesus. Well, that's one way to get a "promotion".  no

Five managers were let go.... At what point do you think it's time to try something different?
Maybe some free thinking would help?

But no, that makes no sense because you don't like them.

Your bias is obvious. No need to pretend to be "worried" or something similar.

/jarmo

People try to dehumanize Axl, make him into an object to relive their glory days through now that they are middle aged and doing pathetic things with their time like whining about his actions or lack thereof on a message board. its morbid and sad. people are just too damned stupid to grasp how great cd was and how a creation like that cant be shit out in a day. it aint gonna change next time around, youll still be here moaning till your 80. Fuck Robert Downey JR. ill come on here from time to time to point out how fucked up what you are doing is, it doesnt make me a creeper. i live a fulfilling life, im a happy dude. if you or robert downey jr, or axl himself thinks that me or emily or his other diehard fans are creepy, then well i dont give too much of a fuck, just enough to post some shit like this once in a great while.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 09:53:13 PM by rj seitz » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #223 on: October 18, 2015, 09:55:53 PM »

even if theres a reunion or axl takes over the world again, you wont get any younger, sorry. better off going after the head of the forest spirit, i heard from the emperor that it can give you eternal youth.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #224 on: October 19, 2015, 12:24:29 AM »

But wasn't Doug their tour manager first...and then got promoted to band manager in 1991?

And, your point is?

But, when that same "issue" applies to others, here you are looking for excuses.
Did you point out that Fernando was the band's tour manager or that Beta was Axl's personal manager? No, you didn't.

Five managers were let go.... At what point do you think it's time to try something different?

/jarmo

People try to dehumanize Axl, make him into an object to relive their glory days through now that they are middle aged and doing pathetic things with their time like whining about his actions or lack thereof on a message board. its morbid and sad. people are just too damned stupid to grasp how great cd was and how a creation like that cant be shit out in a day. it aint gonna change next time around, youll still be here moaning till your 80. Fuck Robert Downey JR. ill come on here from time to time to point out how fucked up what you are doing is, it doesnt make me a creeper. i live a fulfilling life, im a happy dude. if you or robert downey jr, or axl himself thinks that me or emily or his other diehard fans are creepy, then well i dont give too much of a fuck, just enough to post some shit like this once in a great while.

So essentially, unless people are posting ultra positive posts on here and acting like they are part of an online cult... its pathetic and sad to be on this message board? Is that what its come to?  Roll Eyes

You do realize its possible to be a "diehard" fan and yet not be a blind follower? Heavin forbid some people can love the music, hell.. even like Axl but question certain things? Wouldnt want that would we?  Cheesy

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #225 on: October 19, 2015, 01:50:14 AM »

And, your point is?

/jarmo

So essentially, unless people are posting ultra positive posts on here and acting like they are part of an online cult... its pathetic and sad to be on this message board? Is that what its come to?  Roll Eyes

You do realize its possible to be a "diehard" fan and yet not be a blind follower? Heavin forbid some people can love the music, hell.. even like Axl but question certain things? Wouldnt want that would we?  Cheesy

No, it's sad when the same people have the same complaints and bring up the same shit every day.  It's not about questioning things bro.  It's about hearing the same shit day after day by certain people.  So am I a "blind follower" because I don't question things on a day to day basis?  Don't spin this.  If you haven't figured out by now how Axl operates, it's nobody's fault but your own IF you get called out for your bullshit complaining.  It's pointless.   

Am I telling people that they shouldn't ever question or complain?  No.  I'm saying after a post or two, move on. You gotta have something more important in your life, right?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #226 on: October 19, 2015, 02:37:59 AM »

You do realize its possible to be a "die-hard" fan and yet not be a blind follower?

Yes.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #227 on: October 19, 2015, 05:33:02 AM »

It's clear that Beta has Axl's best interest at heart here.

You need to understand that in her own words that she regards Axl as more than a son. 

Any good parent allows their offspring to go through life to make mistakes as part of the process of growing, and any good parent will at least step in and make it know to their children when the same mistakes keep cropping up. She had stepped in, and pointed out that managers who have come and gone, are part of the same problem, namely they are trying to impart their own view of GnR and what's best for GnR. They are looking at things (in simplistic terms) from a text-book management A-Z guide, balance sheet maximizing and with an agenda to reunite the AFD/UYI's  line-up and gain some kind of notoriety too.

They don't know the human side to Axl, the hurt and anger that various incidents from the past, they don't share his passion as an artist and what he stands for, they don't get that he isn't driven by money for money sake or that a reunion isn't a place where he wants to visit again - nor does he have to. TB knows all the things to know and have basically said to Axl, or at least this is my take on things, that you don't need to keep going through this shit. 

At the end of the day, if your in a place where in relying on others to do a job and they don't deliver, means that you seek someone to vent your frustrations, in effect, that somebody is managing them through reassurance.  Beta has basically told Axl, that she understands him, and that she'll ensure that will make it work for Axl, on terms that he can live with  - and who wouldn't want to have that. Wink
I'd like to add to this, is how Axl must feel.

How good must it feel to know that those working for you, actually are doing just that... That the "R" word isn't a part of the gig, unless he says so. That the people talking to promoters, labels etc do so without agreeing to things that "we think we can persuade Axl to...."

How good is for TB to understand their client and that they know any decision that they make, be greeted with approval, based on a sound understanding of what is acceptable to Axl and that his wellbeing isn't being undermined.  Anybody who has organised an event, that relies on other vendors to deliver, will understand how stressful it is getting these people to make good on their promises. They as "management" will know what they need and will follow their gut instincts if a person is up to the job, they make this call (or not) knowing more than anybody that they've assembled a team to make things happen. Trust me, or should I say trust TB, as when something is announced it will mean that Uncle Axl is good with it and is done from a point of things in progress.  ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #228 on: October 19, 2015, 06:51:57 AM »

No, it's sad when the same people have the same complaints and bring up the same shit every day.  It's not about questioning things bro.  It's about hearing the same shit day after day by certain people.  So am I a "blind follower" because I don't question things on a day to day basis?  Don't spin this.  If you haven't figured out by now how Axl operates, it's nobody's fault but your own IF you get called out for your bullshit complaining.  It's pointless.   

Am I telling people that they shouldn't ever question or complain?  No.  I'm saying after a post or two, move on. You gotta have something more important in your life, right?

Exactly.....

Amusing how those who actually support the band through everything are labeled so called blind followers by the self proclaimed free thinking objective super fans. Yet we hardly ever see any evidence of all this mythical free thinking powers they claim to possess. It's usually the same complaints day in and day out. Month after month. Doesn't really require any free thinking does it? Ask them to try to see things from another perspective and they get defensive.  hihi

How good must it feel to know that those working for you, actually are doing just that... That the "R" word isn't a part of the gig, unless he says so. That the people talking to promoters, labels etc do so without agreeing to things that "we think we can persuade Axl to...."

How good is for TB to understand their client and that they know any decision that they make, be greeted with approval, based on a sound understanding of what is acceptable to Axl and that his wellbeing isn't being undermined.  Anybody who has organised an event, that relies on other vendors to deliver, will understand how stressful it is getting these people to make good on their promises. They as "management" will know what they need and will follow their gut instincts if a person is up to the job, they make this call (or not) knowing more than anybody that they've assembled a team to make things happen. Trust me, or should I say trust TB, as when something is announced it will mean that Uncle Axl is good with it and is done from a point of things in progress.  ok

Gotta give credit here. Nice to see somebody who can think and put down those thought into a post.
Instead of more of the usual we see from certain posters here.

ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #229 on: October 19, 2015, 07:55:46 AM »

Any good parent allows their offspring to go through life to make mistakes as part of the process of growing, and any good parent will at least step in and make it know to their children when the same mistakes keep cropping up.

Keep in mind this child is 53.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Annie
« Reply #230 on: October 19, 2015, 08:29:59 AM »

It's clear that Beta has Axl's best interest at heart here.

You need to understand that in her own words that she regards Axl as more than a son. 

Any good parent allows their offspring to go through life to make mistakes as part of the process of growing, and any good parent will at least step in and make it know to their children when the same mistakes keep cropping up. She had stepped in, and pointed out that managers who have come and gone, are part of the same problem, namely they are trying to impart their own view of GnR and what's best for GnR. They are looking at things (in simplistic terms) from a text-book management A-Z guide, balance sheet maximizing and with an agenda to reunite the AFD/UYI's  line-up and gain some kind of notoriety too.

They don't know the human side to Axl, the hurt and anger that various incidents from the past, they don't share his passion as an artist and what he stands for, they don't get that he isn't driven by money for money sake or that a reunion isn't a place where he wants to visit again - nor does he have to. TB knows all the things to know and have basically said to Axl, or at least this is my take on things, that you don't need to keep going through this shit. 

At the end of the day, if your in a place where in relying on others to do a job and they don't deliver, means that you seek someone to vent your frustrations, in effect, that somebody is managing them through reassurance.  Beta has basically told Axl, that she understands him, and that she'll ensure that will make it work for Axl, on terms that he can live with  - and who wouldn't want to have that. Wink
I'd like to add to this, is how Axl must feel.

What a great way to start the day reading such a thoughtful and insightful post. Thankyou for your uplifting thoughts.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #231 on: October 19, 2015, 11:49:26 AM »

You realize that is what they call themselves... they have a website http://www.teambrazil.com

Actually I didnt know...
I thought it was the way  critics were calling them, playing on the words like its was a twilight thing,  like Team Edward or something  hihi
So its not racist, now its the opposite, way too patriotic  Tongue
Maybe guns should move to Brazil, and find a record company down there (Im being serious !)

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #232 on: October 19, 2015, 12:03:22 PM »

And, your point is?

/jarmo

damn straight! i like you, damn the haters. i dont know if you like me or not but i dont care, i like you anyway. i dont mean to make anyone feel bad for being a middle aged fan. thats all well and good. but what is going on in the gnr fan world largely is not cool. its way fucked up, complete disregard for axl, his art, and his humanity. its a never ending smear campaign. how obsessed do you have to be to drone on about the same negative shit every day for years? the same complaints over and over. what the fuck!? take a look at your posts people. this is what you have contributed to the world of gnr. a great big pile of shit. and not the kind of shit that inspires bucket to play well. its the kind of shit that gives you hepatitis A. its contagious too. it catches on like wildfire. people are influenced so easily. people are mammals. we are pack animals. straying from the pack means danger, it means getting eaten by a wolf. the leaders are leading everyone off the edge of a negative cliff. fuck this pack! I dont care if i dont fit in. ill take my chances with the wolf, at least he doesnt reek. at least the saber toothed tiger buries its shit (im guessing, because its a cat).

Annie
« Reply #233 on: October 19, 2015, 12:05:52 PM »

Actually I didnt know...
I thought it was the way  critics were calling them, playing on the words like its was a twilight thing,  like Team Edward or something  hihi

Haha. I remember we had a lot of arguments when I was at the height of my TWILIGHT obsession and I thought THIS I LOVE should have been featured in one of the movies.  hihi In my defense Neutron Star Collision by MUSE was a great song! and they did use Patience in that Romeo and Juliet teen zombie movie Warm Bodies. beer
Annie
« Reply #234 on: October 19, 2015, 12:09:29 PM »

And, your point is?

/jarmo

damn straight! i like you, damn the haters. i dont know if you like me or not but i dont care, i like you anyway. i dont mean to make anyone feel bad for being a middle aged fan. thats all well and good. but what is going on in the gnr fan world largely is not cool. its way fucked up, complete disregard for axl, his art, and his humanity. its a never ending smear campaign. how obsessed do you have to be to drone on about the same negative shit every day for years? the same complaints over and over. what the fuck!? take a look at your posts people. this is what you have contributed to the world of gnr. a great big pile of shit. and not the kind of shit that inspires bucket to play well. its the kind of shit that gives you hepatitis A. its contagious too. it catches on like wildfire. people are influenced so easily. people are mammals. we are pack animals. straying from the pack means danger, it means getting eaten by a wolf. the leaders are leading everyone off the edge of a negative cliff. fuck this pack! I dont care if i dont fit in. ill take my chances with the wolf, at least he doesnt reek. at least the saber toothed tiger buries its shit (im guessing, because its a cat).
Yes damn er F*** the haters! GNR Thunder buddies for life!
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #235 on: October 19, 2015, 12:53:45 PM »

Actually I didnt know...

Haha. I remember we had a lot of arguments when I was at the height of my TWILIGHT obsession and I thought THIS I LOVE should have been featured in one of the movies.  hihi In my defense Neutron Star Collision by MUSE was a great song! and they did use Patience in that Romeo and Juliet teen zombie movie Warm Bodies. beer

So it was you ! For a moment I couldnt listen to the song because I kept pictured Kirsten Stewart and the other dude,   rant hihi

Warm Bodies was a cool movie, but what does it have to do with Twilight?  Hopefully nothing  hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Annie
« Reply #236 on: October 19, 2015, 01:06:05 PM »

Actually I didnt know...

So it was you ! For a moment I couldnt listen to the song because I kept pictured Kirsten Stewart and the other dude,   rant hihi

Warm Bodies was a cool movie, but what does it have to do with Twilight?  Hopefully nothing  hihi
Yeah sorry about that. The past is in the past. Let it go.  hihi The people who chose the music for Warm Bodies were the same people who chose the music for all the TWILIGHT films. ok
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #237 on: October 19, 2015, 01:08:36 PM »

even if theres a reunion or axl takes over the world again, you wont get any younger, sorry. better off going after the head of the forest spirit, i heard from the emperor that it can give you eternal youth.

I'm not even sure you can hear me way up there on the high horse, but it would take the rationalization of alltime to say he's made the most effective use of the past 20 years of his career.

If that makes people villains in your world, then villains we shall be.  Convincing everyone that anoyne that dare ever utter a critical word is some pathetic loser trying to relive his glory days, or anyone that didn't love CD was because they were just too god damn dumb to appreciate it...hey, good luck with all that.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Annie
« Reply #238 on: October 19, 2015, 01:46:33 PM »

There is a big difference between constructive criticism and internet trolling and bullying. Not talking about anybody here specifically. There are a lot of haters on other sites. I appreciate that Jarmo does his best to keep things fairly civil here. and CD was a masterpiece IMO.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #239 on: October 19, 2015, 02:03:22 PM »

it would take the rationalization of alltime to say he's made the most effective use of the past 20 years of his career.

What's "most' effective" and best, is relative.
Your one-track mind only measures things in the amount of albums released. There's more to life than that.
Sorry!

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: