Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 12:23:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016  (Read 94296 times)
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #180 on: October 16, 2015, 04:09:00 PM »

We know less (about the next album) than what we knew about CD. 

And I have to believe that's intentional.  Why? Because no matter what, they can always fall back on nothing having been promised, announced, etc.  If there was gas in the proverbial tank of Guns N' Roses to get this out, I'm sure we'd be hearing quite a bit more about it than we have up to this point.

I think you?re right.  With CD, there was a certain inevitability to it, because we knew the songs, they were played on multiple tours.  Even still, we had no clue when it was coming out but it seemed like a matter of when and not it.

Completely different this time around.  There is none of the buzz or anticipation generated from knowing the songs and hearing them at concerts.  I think it?s more a matter of if and not when. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #181 on: October 16, 2015, 04:15:37 PM »

What incentive does TB have to kick him in the ass?

That's not a shot at them, per se.  But isn't it inevitable when your manager is friend/family as opposed to a business relationship?

The average manager focuses on the business.  Not if feelings are going to be hurt or risk being tossed out on their ear if you have to play bad cop.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #182 on: October 16, 2015, 04:33:30 PM »

What incentive does TB have to kick him in the ass?

That's not a shot at them, per se.  But isn't it inevitable when your manager is friend/family as opposed to a business relationship?

The average manager focuses on the business.  Not if feelings are going to be hurt or risk being tossed out on their ear if you have to play bad cop.

That's what concerns me as well.  Do Fernando/Beta & whoever else is handling GNR biz have a vested interest in getting the next album out?  Do they honest to God even care?  I think it's a good (and fair) question.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #183 on: October 16, 2015, 04:39:18 PM »

That's what concerns me as well.  Do Fernando/Beta & whoever else is handling GNR biz have a vested interest in getting the next album out?  Do they honest to God even care?  I think it's a good (and fair) question.

I think if Axl wanted to get it done, they'd be right with him.  If Axl is can't be bothered with it, they would roll with that too.

I don't think their life really changes if it comes out or not.

Does it change if they start trying to force his hand?  It might.  Making it, in my opinion, not terribly likely they are going to say getting it out is more important than not pissing him off.

I think that's all logical and rational, from where they sit.  Sadly, it doesn't do us any god damn good.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #184 on: October 16, 2015, 04:43:59 PM »

I think if Axl wanted to get it done, they'd be right with him.  If Axl is can't be bothered with it, they would roll with that too.

I don't think their life really changes if it comes out or not.

Does it change if they start trying to force his hand?  It might.  Making it, in my opinion, not terribly likely they are going to say getting it out is more important than not pissing him off.

I think that's all logical and rational, from where they sit.  Sadly, it doesn't do us any god damn good.

Sebastian Bach jokingly said to Axl in 2006 (or 2007?) "Dude, you gotta put this out!" referring to Chinese Democracy, and Axl wigged the hell out on him.  And at the time they were pretty tight.  So, obviously, if Axl isn't ready to put out something it's a VERY touchy subject to bring up apparently.  I'm sure TB knows this, probably more than anyone, and knows how to avoid those direct conversations about putting out the rest of the material.

Unfortunately for the fans, that doesn't mean much will happen until the "weather" changes in Axl's head.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #185 on: October 16, 2015, 04:44:27 PM »

They’re related in the sense that you’re taking quotes from an old interview with Axl where he gives his opinion, and passing them off as the truth and the answer.  By that same logic, he also gave us his opinion on a reunion.  Is that not the truth and the answer anymore?

Fine. If that's how you wanna play.

You have one side of the friendship situation claiming something has changed. So that might explain why you'd jump to conclusions.

What evidence do you have that his opinion on how Universal Music handled Chinese Democracy has changed? I'm curious.

Also, you're discussing this particular event in time. The release of the album. But you don't wanna take into account Axl's public comments, just in case he has changed his mind? So your assumption invalidates what he's said in the past? Suddenly your opinion is more valid because you assume Axl's has changed, and therefore it can't be used "against" your opinion?

That's quite the tactic you got going there!  Tongue

Maybe you should be more bothered that you're bothered about management to begin with...

Are you aware how this thing even works? Managers work for the artist. And here you are openly claiming that they're almost trying to work against Axl releasing anything.
This is getting silly. The dislike some of you have for them is so obvious.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 04:47:56 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #186 on: October 16, 2015, 04:51:40 PM »

Maybe you should be more bothered that you're bothered about management to begin with...

Are you aware how this thing even works? Managers work for the artist. And here you are openly claiming that they're almost trying to work against Axl releasing anything.
This is getting silly. The dislike some of you have for them is so obvious.

And equally concerning is how you freak out when anyone lobs criticism their way, as if it was aimed at your own mother.

Where did I claim they're working "against" him?  I'm merely wondering whether or not the current management team is apathetic regarding whether or not the next album comes out. It's a fair question, given the complete lack of buzz, excitement etc. coming from this camp regarding new material.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #187 on: October 16, 2015, 04:54:30 PM »

Unlike you, I've actually met the people you're talking about.
So it's a bit difficult for me to look at you typing all kinds of rubbish you clearly don't get.

Managers who don't care about the artist? Really?
Man, look at the past managers. All those guys you think did such splendid jobs!

You really think Chinese Democracy came out without any of their involvement?
Why do you have a problem with the current management? Don't give me that "but they have no experience" line. They've been there for about 20 years.
Serious questions.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #188 on: October 16, 2015, 04:59:23 PM »

Unlike you, I've actually met the people you're talking about.
So it's a bit difficult for me to look at you typing all kinds of rubbish you clearly don't get.

Managers who don't care about the artist? Really?
Man, look at the past managers. All those guys you think did such splendid jobs!

You really think Chinese Democracy came out without any of their involvement?
Serious question.

/jarmo

No, I think they care a great deal about Axl.  I think they care so much about him, that they know better than to put pressure on him when it comes to putting out more music.  Like I said, they know him better than anyone, and they likely know where a tough conversation like that will get them.

I do believe Beta helped quite a bit when dealing with Managers.  She had quite a bit of correspondence with Merck from what I understand, and I know she assisted with the final negotiations for Chinese Democracy's release.  What she's done in the past 7 years to assist with getting the next album out I could not say, as we've heard next to nothing about it.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #189 on: October 16, 2015, 05:05:05 PM »

So you see it as a bad thing to know somebody better than any outsider would?

Plenty of bands/artists have, or have had, managers who were old friends or even relatives.

Another question: Who got the Blu-ray/DVD/live album released? Who made those live streams happen? The fan club? The TV interviews?

You could just do that some of the experts do. Go with the old "They're just doing their job" line. Yet, when the past managers did any those things, they were labeled amazing and basically miracle workers.....

/jarmo

« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 05:10:28 PM by jarmo » Logged

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #190 on: October 16, 2015, 05:09:50 PM »

Plenty of bands/artists have, or have had, managers who were old friends or even relatives.

/jarmo

I know that Axl's had a finished album for a good while now that has yet to see the light of day.  I know Team Brazil manages Axl, and if they do what other managers do, should be the ones negotiating the album's release.  I have to wonder what's not being done behind the scenes to make the album a reality.  Is it 100% Axl just not being ready to put it out? Is it the lack of experience of the current management team negotiating a release without a heavy hitter manager?

So, no, I don't think it's a problem that they're close to Axl.  But I don't think it's helping either.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #191 on: October 16, 2015, 07:56:59 PM »

/jarmo

I know that Axl's had a finished album for a good while now that has yet to see the light of day.  I know Team Brazil manages Axl, and if they do what other managers do, should be the ones negotiating the album's release.  I have to wonder what's not being done behind the scenes to make the album a reality.  Is it 100% Axl just not being ready to put it out? Is it the lack of experience of the current management team negotiating a release without a heavy hitter manager?

So, no, I don't think it's a problem that they're close to Axl.  But I don't think it's helping either.

It's hard to believe you are blindly concocting problems simply because you don't like the current management.

Current management has pulled off countless tours, we had the Kimmel interview, The GG Awards and a new Live DVD release just last year.

The way hate blinds certain people here and colors their perceptions is very unsettling.   nervous
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 12:22:10 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #192 on: October 16, 2015, 08:02:17 PM »

I like scraped, I relate to the lyrics and enjoy it immensely.

Yeah, I don't get the hate.  Snappy tune, pretty solid lyrics.

People just hate that vocal intro, unfortuantely.  And while I agree its a bit odd, once the song kicks in, I dig it.

I just used Scraped as an example, although it is not my favorite.  Pick any song off CD...would it have had a bigger impact if the album came with different artwork???

What a stupid question, I hope this was intended to be rhetorical for your sake.

The booklet was symptomatic of everything that went wrong with this release- the leaks, the lack of a plan by the label, the insane hype by the media- it was a perfect storm, and understandably a nightmare.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #193 on: October 16, 2015, 08:59:09 PM »

In all honesty, seems GNR ran wayyyyyy more smoothly once Beta took over.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #194 on: October 16, 2015, 10:23:49 PM »

Another question: Who got the Blu-ray/DVD/live album released? Who made those live streams happen? The fan club? The TV interviews?

You could just do that some of the experts do. Go with the old "They're just doing their job" line. Yet, when the past managers did any those things, they were labeled amazing and basically miracle workers.....

/jarmo

Didn't Rockfuel make a comment about how difficult it was to work with them regarding the DVD?

I think the problem some people have with them is their relative lack of experience.  Yes, I know they have been in Axl's life for decades, but I'm talking managerial experience...specifically managing a band.

Did any of them manage a band before Guns n Roses?  I don't think so.  So, assuming that to be true, their first job managing a band is one of the biggest bands of all time.  That doesn't sound a little odd to you?  It's like your first job coaching baseball is with the Yankees.  Sure, you can have on the job training if you're managing Trixter...but not Guns n Roses.

Axl's connection with them and acceptance of them as family is undeniable.  That doesn't make them good managers.  That's why I think it's a fair question to ask who's interest are they looking out for first:  Axl or Guns n Roses? 
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #195 on: October 16, 2015, 10:38:58 PM »

Wouldn't it be a fair point to make when one releases an album they usually plan a tour around it. Now being that we don't even know who is actually in the band right now. So a pretty big reason why nobody has heard anything when it comes to a new album or tour or anything is because if he wants to release a new album an people who contributed to said album are not going to be actually playing these songs live then team axl have probably been trying to figure out whats the best course of action right now. here are your options:

1. release new album putting together new players to perform old music.
2. release new album bringing back old familiar faces i.e. robin, buckethead whoever

or #3. Scrap new album for now possibly getting back together with some original members i will even extend this one and this is a big speculation on my part but what if axl has talked to slash or duff or izzy or mix of them and said hey this is what I am looking to put on a new album play with it let me see how it sounds when you guys play it or what your touches on said songs would be.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #196 on: October 16, 2015, 11:44:08 PM »

How come I have a -1 karma and some people on here that seem like they have tourettes do not?  hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #197 on: October 17, 2015, 06:58:57 AM »

Your desire for "heavy hitter managers" is a bit puzzling considering several of them were there either before Chinese Democracy came out or after (without getting the next album released). But that doesn't matter does it? It only applies to current management.

Did any of them manage a band before Guns n Roses?  I don't think so.  So, assuming that to be true, their first job managing a band is one of the biggest bands of all time.  That doesn't sound a little odd to you?  It's like your first job coaching baseball is with the Yankees.  Sure, you can have on the job training if you're managing Trixter...but not Guns n Roses.

Did Doug Goldstein manage bands before GN'R? Did that bother you in 1991 to the point that you told people around you? Did several of the former managers resumes impress you?

It's not odd if you've basically acted as a personal manager for the singer of the band for years before the promotion....

Wouldn't it be a fair point to make when one releases an album they usually plan a tour around it.

Not an impossible scenario at all.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 07:33:43 AM by jarmo » Logged

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #198 on: October 17, 2015, 02:52:07 PM »

Did Doug Goldstein manage bands before GN'R? Did that bother you in 1991 to the point that you told people around you? Did several of the former managers resumes impress you?

It's not odd if you've basically acted as a personal manager for the singer of the band for years before the promotion....

/jarmo

No, I did not ask the same question about Doug Goldstein in 1991...I was 12.  But, now that you mention Doug and the UYI tour...that was the (wildly successful) multi-year tour that Axl now says he should not have been on.  So, while the tour was successful for the band, sounds like it wasn't beneficial for Axl.  Doug chose the band's interests over Axl's, as the sum is greater than its parts.  Would TB make the same choice, or would they put Axl's interests ahead of the band's? 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #199 on: October 17, 2015, 02:59:26 PM »

/jarmo

Beta told the LA Times it was an ultimatum:

It's headed by Beta Lebeis, a Brazilian woman Rose met when she was his ex-girlfriend Stephanie Seymour's assistant; she began working for him after his tempestuous relationship with Seymour ended in 1993. Lebeis' two adult children, Fernando and Vanessa, round out the management group. Lebeis says that this arrangement is the result of an ultimatum she gave Rose after Guns N' Roses' most recent manager, Katsis, left the fold after less than a month on the job.

"We decided, 'No more managers,'" said Lebeis a few days after the Seattle concert. "Between me and Fernando and my daughter, we're dealing with the management." Lebeis added that she characterizes Rose as "more than a son to me," and that after Katsis' departure, "I told [Rose] if he hires another manager, I quit."

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: