Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:21:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016  (Read 94235 times)
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #160 on: October 16, 2015, 10:20:44 AM »

the tracklist for Chinese wasn't finalized until right before the cd was mastered....tracklists generally don't come out until a few weeks before the release.

Ahh you reminded me about the booklet fiasco.  Undecided

Was very unfortunate that an incorrect booklet was used when a corrected version was available. It supports the sabotage claim, and it wouldn't surprise me at all.

How was it sabotaged?  Do you think sales would've been better if Axl's preferred booklet was used?
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #161 on: October 16, 2015, 10:39:08 AM »

Grassy Knoll..... Wink

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #162 on: October 16, 2015, 10:44:17 AM »

Grassy Knoll..... Wink

It sounds like that sometimes, doesn't it?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #163 on: October 16, 2015, 10:52:52 AM »

Grassy Knoll..... Wink

It sounds like that sometimes, doesn't it?

Guys...there was a second gunman.  Shocked

I blame Steven.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #164 on: October 16, 2015, 11:02:11 AM »

I blame Azoff...he was the second gunman.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #165 on: October 16, 2015, 11:33:42 AM »

OK, seriously, I have to ask. 

Not disputing it didn't come out how he wanted it.  To what point and purpose would there be to intentionally sabotage the booklet?   

But is it more likely something got fucked up along the way and one or several people in the chain didn't do their due diligence to double check....or that someone with malicious intent fucked it with to be a dick?

Does the latter sound terribly likely?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #166 on: October 16, 2015, 12:40:13 PM »

Not disputing it didn't come out how he wanted it.  To what point and purpose would there be to intentionally sabotage the booklet?   

But is it more likely something got fucked up along the way and one or several people in the chain didn't do their due diligence to double check....or that someone with malicious intent fucked it with to be a dick?

The exact details are fuzzy, but was the booklet ready for distribution, or was more time needed to finalize it?  If you?re the record company, once you finally got Chinese in a final package after a dozen years and $x millions of dollars spent, is it wise to hand the keys back to Axl so he can re-tinker with the artwork?

Also, the booklet does not make Scraped sound any better, so I?m at a loss as to how it could negatively impact the album to any meaningful extent.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #167 on: October 16, 2015, 12:52:36 PM »

The exact details are fuzzy, but was the booklet ready for distribution, or was more time needed to finalize it?  If you?re the record company, once you finally got Chinese in a final package after a dozen years and $x millions of dollars spent, is it wise to hand the keys back to Axl so he can re-tinker with the artwork?

I find this a fair point.

I also think its disingenuous to gloss over that Axl went on walkabout the months leading up to the release and had no contact with the label.

A lot of people really seem to struggle with the concept that if the artist himself is so blas? about it all, its pretty unrealistic for the label to then pick up the slack on the attention to detail part of all this.

If this were me and I worked a decade of my life on this thing, I'd be in on every conceivable detail.  Wouldn't you?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #168 on: October 16, 2015, 01:11:28 PM »

One of your favorite topics. Again!
Must be your lucky day...

Now everybody must read your endless moaning about how Axl wasn't there for you when the album came out....

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=169

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 01:23:35 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #169 on: October 16, 2015, 01:17:01 PM »

Also, the booklet does not make Scraped sound any better, so I?m at a loss as to how it could negatively impact the album to any meaningful extent.

I like scraped, I relate to the lyrics and enjoy it immensely.

See how subjectivity works? Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #170 on: October 16, 2015, 01:18:31 PM »

the tracklist for Chinese wasn't finalized until right before the cd was mastered....tracklists generally don't come out until a few weeks before the release.

Ahh you reminded me about the booklet fiasco.  Undecided

Was very unfortunate that an incorrect booklet was used when a corrected version was available. It supports the sabotage claim, and it wouldn't surprise me at all.

How was it sabotaged?  Do you think sales would've been better if Axl's preferred booklet was used?

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2010/may/20/axl-rose-chinese-democracy

There is a reason Azoff is known as The Poison Dwarf.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 01:20:08 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #171 on: October 16, 2015, 02:00:31 PM »

One of your favorite topics. Again!
Must be your lucky day...

Now everybody must read your endless moaning about how Axl wasn't there for you when the album came out....

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=169

/jarmo

That's also the same interview where he said, "What's clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion and however sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is."  So are we to surmise that's still his current position???  Or, can things change?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #172 on: October 16, 2015, 02:07:27 PM »

Are you saying his opinion on how the record company handled the album's release has changed? Or, you're assuming it has changed because of the alleged rekindled friendship between him and Slash?

I don't see how these things are related. Sorry.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #173 on: October 16, 2015, 02:32:24 PM »

Yeah, I don't get the hate.  Snappy tune, pretty solid lyrics.

People just hate that vocal intro, unfortuantely.  And while I agree its a bit odd, once the song kicks in, I dig it.

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #174 on: October 16, 2015, 02:35:01 PM »

Are you saying his opinion on how the record company handled the album's release has changed? Or, you're assuming it has changed because of the alleged rekindled friendship between him and Slash?

I don't see how these things are related. Sorry.

/jarmo

They?re related in the sense that you?re taking quotes from an old interview with Axl where he gives his opinion, and passing them off as the truth and the answer.  By that same logic, he also gave us his opinion on a reunion.  Is that not the truth and the answer anymore?
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #175 on: October 16, 2015, 02:36:11 PM »

Yeah, I don't get the hate.  Snappy tune, pretty solid lyrics.

People just hate that vocal intro, unfortuantely.  And while I agree its a bit odd, once the song kicks in, I dig it.

I just used Scraped as an example, although it is not my favorite.  Pick any song off CD...would it have had a bigger impact if the album came with different artwork???
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #176 on: October 16, 2015, 02:37:21 PM »

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2010/may/20/axl-rose-chinese-democracy

There is a reason Azoff is known as The Poison Dwarf.

I remember this article.  And I do think there are some very valid points here.

- I do think he signed on to see if he could facilitate a reunion
- I do think that Van Halen super tour was total bullshit
- I do think he used that name in the lawsuit to break balls because he knows Axl is hypersensitive about it

But, to go as far as to say he ordered booklets be fucked with and tried to sabotage the album?  I can't go there.  

If he doesn't get that deal with Best Buy done, there is a very real chance we'd still be sitting here, 7 years later, without an album.  While Axl repeatedly told us he's still looking very seriously at what he's doing in regard to releasing his first album since 1993.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #177 on: October 16, 2015, 02:38:27 PM »

I just used Scraped as an example, although it is not my favorite.  Pick any song off CD...would it have had a bigger impact if the album came with different artwork???

No, of course not.

There were things that absolutely, positively need to be done differently to give that album a real shot.  Different drawing in the booklet aren't among them.

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #178 on: October 16, 2015, 03:05:31 PM »

No, of course not.

There were things that absolutely, positively need to be done differently to give that album a real shot.  Different drawing in the booklet aren't among them.

It?s obvious to you and me, but I think some people here think that the lack of impact of CD was because it wasn?t handled exactly according to Axl?s specifications.  If that were the measuring stick, I agree with you we?d still be waiting to see what he?s going to do in that regard.

Because of that, there is no way to gauge the likelihood of a new album in 2016.  You have band members saying big plans one day, then they have no idea what's going on the next day.  Radio silence from Axl.  No songs played on prior tour.  We know less than what we knew about CD. 
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #179 on: October 16, 2015, 03:12:21 PM »

We know less (about the next album) than what we knew about CD. 

And I have to believe that's intentional.  Why? Because no matter what, they can always fall back on nothing having been promised, announced, etc.  If there was gas in the proverbial tank of Guns N' Roses to get this out, I'm sure we'd be hearing quite a bit more about it than we have up to this point.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: