Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:31:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016  (Read 94241 times)
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #140 on: October 15, 2015, 10:02:04 AM »

the label agreed to release a dvd so relations must be somewhat alright.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #141 on: October 15, 2015, 10:06:12 AM »

Maybe.

Yet Axl all but claimed he didn't know anything about that.  I'd think he'd be more hands on and have some different thoughts about an album.

He thought things should have happened with CD that didn't.  If he sticks to those guns, it could be why nothing happens.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: October 15, 2015, 10:08:06 AM »

I would imagine that the stakes are a lot higher for the follow up to Chinese Democracy.  Who knows what Axl's demands are? And who knows how fair or unfair the label is being as far as whatever assurances Axl is requesting?  Axl doesn't seem the type to meet anyone half way on...well...anything.  So what's holding things up?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #143 on: October 15, 2015, 11:23:21 AM »

Interscope and Universal Music today aren't the same companies they were in 2008.

Jimmy Iovine isn't there any more for example.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #144 on: October 15, 2015, 11:36:35 AM »

Iovine is more into rap these days anyway, right?

who's the guy in Interscope talking with Axl about things these days?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #145 on: October 15, 2015, 11:52:13 AM »

Iovine is more into rap these days anyway, right?

who's the guy in Interscope talking with Axl about things these days?

Iovine is at Apple now, he helped put together U2's $100M deal for their last album.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #146 on: October 15, 2015, 12:03:55 PM »

Interscope and Universal Music today aren't the same companies they were in 2008.

I don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing. I do know, however, that it's late 2015 and we still don't have a projected release date, confirmed tracklist etc.  Undecided
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #147 on: October 15, 2015, 12:53:00 PM »

the tracklist for Chinese wasn't finalized until right before the cd was mastered....tracklists generally don't come out until a few weeks before the release.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #148 on: October 15, 2015, 01:09:41 PM »

I don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Maybe the new people have better ideas?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #149 on: October 15, 2015, 01:34:37 PM »

I don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Maybe the new people have better ideas?

/jarmo

You would hope.  But to date, we have no idea if there is any communication between Axl and the label regarding the next album.  Again, you would hope.  Hopefully someone will let us know whether it's actually still on the horizon.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #150 on: October 15, 2015, 02:53:51 PM »

You would hope.  But to date, we have no idea if there is any communication between Axl and the label regarding the next album.  Again, you would hope.  Hopefully someone will let us know whether it's actually still on the horizon.

Check your entitlement, son.

You will speak when spoken to, and not a minute before.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #151 on: October 15, 2015, 03:17:20 PM »

But to date, we have no idea if there is any communication between Axl and the label regarding the next album.  Again, you would hope. 

Could you guess?

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #152 on: October 15, 2015, 03:32:47 PM »

But to date, we have no idea if there is any communication between Axl and the label regarding the next album.  Again, you would hope. 

Could you guess?

/jarmo

Well, yeah. And if I had to, I would say that yes, there's probably some sort of communication between Geffen/Interscope and Axl Rose from time to time. I would also guess that there's alien life somewhere in the universe, but I'll likely never know for sure in my lifetime. Hopefully hearing some news on the album front isn't that elusive.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #153 on: October 15, 2015, 04:34:06 PM »

Hopefully the update Fernando was talking about regards to both what Guns N' Roses will be in the future, as well as a status update on new music coming from them.

I believe there's work being done and there's a plan being put in place, but right now ? with every rumor going around ? it feels like the direction of GN'R could go any number of places. The uncertainty is greater than both 2008-9 and 2006, it will be interesting to see what happens next.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #154 on: October 15, 2015, 04:51:55 PM »

Hopefully the update Fernando was talking about regards to both what Guns N' Roses will be in the future, as well as a status update on new music coming from them.

I believe there's work being done and there's a plan being put in place, but right now ? with every rumor going around ? it feels like the direction of GN'R could go any number of places. The uncertainty is greater than both 2008-9 and 2006, it will be interesting to see what happens next.

That's what's so strange about the current situation. If a reunion is in the works, I just can't see it coinciding with an album that has nothing to do with the original members, as it currently stands. It would just be nice to know what our expectations should be in regard to the future of Guns, what with all the rumors and speculation that running rampant right now. A little clarity couldn't hurt.  But whether or not they can be bothered to offer that clarity is the question.  As it stands, all is quiet on the Malibu front.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 04:53:59 PM by sofine11 » Logged
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #155 on: October 15, 2015, 04:58:45 PM »

the tracklist for Chinese wasn't finalized until right before the cd was mastered....tracklists generally don't come out until a few weeks before the release.

Ahh you reminded me about the booklet fiasco.  Undecided

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #156 on: October 15, 2015, 05:02:45 PM »

That's what's so strange about the current situation. If a reunion is in the works, I just can't see it coinciding with an album that has nothing to do with the original members, as it currently stands. It would just be nice to know what our expectations should be in regard to the future of Guns, what with all the rumors and speculation that running rampant right now. A little clarity couldn't hurt.  But whether or not they can be bothered to offer that clarity is the question.  As it stands, all is quiet on the Malibu front.

If they're negotiating terms to a possible reunion at the moment, I can understand them keeping quiet. It would be the shit storm of the century if something like that falls through after first hinting at something like that. Maybe harder to come back from than the process Axl went through from 1996 and onwards.

If a reunion is on the table, I can see Axl releasing the remainder of the Chinese Democracy songs before a possible reunion tour. Something like Live Era in reverse ? a goodbye to an era.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #157 on: October 15, 2015, 06:51:57 PM »

Was very unfortunate that an incorrect booklet was used when a corrected version was available. It supports the sabotage claim, and it wouldn't surprise me at all.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Annie
« Reply #158 on: October 15, 2015, 07:16:31 PM »

Was very unfortunate that an incorrect booklet was used when a corrected version was available. It supports the sabotage claim, and it wouldn't surprise me at all.
I totally agree.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #159 on: October 15, 2015, 07:45:53 PM »

If they're negotiating terms to a possible reunion at the moment, I can understand them keeping quiet. It would be the shit storm of the century if something like that falls through after first hinting at something like that. Maybe harder to come back from than the process Axl went through from 1996 and onwards.

If a reunion is on the table, I can see Axl releasing the remainder of the Chinese Democracy songs before a possible reunion tour. Something like Live Era in reverse ? a goodbye to an era.

Yeah, kind of goes along with Axl's "throwing the baby out with the bathwater" comment as far as a reunion goes and the unreleased material.   Regardless of his apparent inability to put it out, you would think he wouldn't just intentionally do something that would make doing so damn near impossible.  It would make sense to put the album out first.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: