Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 06:04:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016  (Read 94089 times)
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #120 on: October 14, 2015, 05:09:38 PM »

But, that's the thing, we ARE trying to understand. We just don't get it.  hihi

For example, about the updates. Do you see that if you did something one way, and then you decide it didn't work the way you had hoped, that you might try something else next time?

Sofine11 is right, if negotiations don't work to your liking, then you keep on negotiating and changing stuff until it works. And if it is that difficult and no proposition is acceptable then you go somewhere else, another label, another country. I don't think that should take 8 years, and if it takes that long, then I understand why people start thinking that you're not flexible nor realistic.  

How do you know it has taken eight years?

There's a possibility that once they realized they weren't gonna put out the next album in say 2009, that they got a new plan and then tried again at a later point.

/jarmo

Ok, Im bad at math. 2008-2015 = that's 7 years in a bit more than a month.

I stopped caring about updates in 2008 to be honest, I learned my lesson. What I care about ultimately, is results.  

And I do think it is odd, that after CD was released, things didnt start to roll faster. Sure touring happened, but for 6 years? when you toured extensively from 2000-2008 for the same album, 6 years is a bit too much.

Especially when you take into consideration, that the old band released 5 albums in the same amount of time 1987-1993

Im not saying they didnt try anything, but they tried and nothing panned out? that's what I don't get.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #121 on: October 14, 2015, 05:39:30 PM »

I was not talking about Axl. I was talking about people who are all the time claming that the album is done and it is coming out next year.

People read what Axl said -> they come to the conclusion that when he said it's done, it means it's done.
What's weird about that?  Huh

Anyway when did Axl make it official that next year we will have an album? Whe did Axl make official what the name of the album is? Whe and where did Axl perfom Soul Monster or any other unheard song?

He didn't. The topic is about whether or not you think so.
You on the other hand started going on about how it can't be done.

I stopped caring about updates in 2008 to be honest, I learned my lesson. What I care about ultimately, is results. 

And I do think it is odd, that after CD was released, things didnt start to roll faster. Sure touring happened, but for 6 years? when you toured extensively from 2000-2008 for the same album, 6 years is a bit too much.

Especially when you take into consideration, that the old band released 5 albums in the same amount of time 1987-1993

Im not saying they didnt try anything, but they tried and nothing panned out? that's what I don't get.

And what I meant was, they probably haven't sat negotiations it daily since the day Chinese Democracy was released.
There were more than 200 shows to do as well...

/jarmo

« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 05:41:03 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #122 on: October 14, 2015, 06:03:44 PM »

OP - I'm gonna say 50/50 at this point.

Seems to be a lot of comments made about next year, though whether this relates to a new album or touring remains to be seen.

I'm a big fan of the surprise release idea. Drop that bad boy on iTunes next month and let it rip. Can you imagine the publicity? Someone earlier in the thread mentioned keeping the interest alive once an announcement about a pending release is made. Surely with a surprise release the interest peaks whilst the album is actually available. Maybe do a physical release a month or two later.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #123 on: October 14, 2015, 06:37:21 PM »

For example, about the updates. Do you see that if you did something one way, and then you decide it didn't work the way you had hoped, that you might try something else next time?

Sofine11 is right, if negotiations don't work to your liking, then you keep on negotiating and changing stuff until it works. And if it is that difficult and no proposition is acceptable then you go somewhere else, another label, another country. I don't think that should take 8 years, and if it takes that long, then I understand why people start thinking that you're not flexible nor realistic.  

There's a possibility that once they realized they weren't gonna put out the next album in say 2009, that they got a new plan and then tried again at a later point.

/jarmo

Oppsss... LineUpAFD 2 Disc - LineUpUYI 3Disc = Two Bands

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #124 on: October 14, 2015, 07:03:22 PM »

/jarmo

ok

I would argue that the AFD is the same as the UYI lineup minus a drummer. So if you want to be picky I can agree on 4 albums with the AFD and UYI lineup being the same band and the spaguetti incident being another band, because Izzy wasnt there and he was far more important than Adler.

But you're further supporting my point. Even with members leaving, Izzy and Adler, and others coming in, Sorum and Gilby. They were still able to release records faster.

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2015, 09:56:47 PM »

/jarmo

ok

I would argue that the AFD is the same as the UYI lineup minus a drummer. So if you want to be picky I can agree on 4 albums with the AFD and UYI lineup being the same band and the spaguetti incident being another band, because Izzy wasnt there and he was far more important than Adler.

But you're further supporting my point. Even with members leaving, Izzy and Adler, and others coming in, Sorum and Gilby. They were still able to release records faster.

Yeaaahhh,,, Rock/Metal/Pop/Era 1987-1991

Now Is 2015, You Know ?

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2015, 10:07:10 PM »

/jarmo

ok

Now Is 2015, You Know ?

Yes, now we have the internet, software and hardware that makes things function even faster  hihi what's your point?

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2015, 10:08:41 PM »

/jarmo

ok

Now Is 2015, You Know ?

Yes, now we have the internet, software and hardware that makes things function even faster  hihi what's your point?

Industry Change, Simply.

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Princess Leia
« Reply #128 on: October 15, 2015, 01:51:45 AM »

I was not talking about Axl. I was talking about people who are all the time claming that the album is done and it is coming out next year.

People read what Axl said -> they come to the conclusion that when he said it's done, it means it's done.

Anyway when did Axl make it official that next year we will have an album? Whe did Axl make official what the name of the album is? Whe and where did Axl perfom Soul Monster or any other unheard song?

And what I meant was, they probably haven't sat negotiations it daily since the day Chinese Democracy was released.

/jarmo

When and where did Axl say CD II is done? The last I know back in 2009 Axl said in the interview with Del James that he didn?t know and he didn?t care. His plan was to tour a lot with CD.

And last year in the Revolver magazine interview he said he was gonna look very seriously in that regard.

Sorry I don?t see any confirmation.

Richard said that great things  were going to happen in 2016. And recently he said he doesn?t  have a clue. Go figure!!!

I find it really weird that some people say they are 100% sure that the album is done and it is coming up next year.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #129 on: October 15, 2015, 04:03:55 AM »

/jarmo

When and where did Axl say CD II is done? The last I know back in 2009 Axl said in the interview with Del James that he didn?t know and he didn?t care. His plan was to tour a lot with CD.

And last year in the Revolver magazine interview he said he was gonna look very seriously in that regard.

Sorry I don?t see any confirmation.

Richard said that great things  were going to happen in 2016. And recently he said he doesn?t  have a clue. Go figure!!!

I find it really weird that some people say they are 100% sure that the album is done and it is coming up next year.

During a brand new interview with Revolver magazine, GUNS N' ROSES singer Axl Rose was asked where things stand as far as recording the follow-up to the band's 2008 album "Chinese Democracy". "We recorded a lot of things before 'Chinese' was out," Axl said. "We've worked more on some of those things and we've written a few new things. But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of 'Chinese'. That's already recorded. And then we have a remix album made of the songs from 'Chinese'. That's been done for a while, too. But after Vegas [GUNS N' ROSES is performing a residency at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino that is scheduled to wrap in early June ? Ed.], we're going to start looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/axl-rose-talks-about-new-guns-n-roses-music-possibility-of-more-shows-with-duff-mckagan/#yvltmrHRmXWM759j.99

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Princess Leia
« Reply #130 on: October 15, 2015, 04:18:15 AM »

Again, just because Axl said they have recorded songs still  that doesn`t mean the album is 100% done and ready to come out in 2016.

All he confirmed was that they were gonna look in that regard very seriously
back to mono
Opening Act

Just one Fix

« Reply #131 on: October 15, 2015, 07:57:58 AM »

likelihood? probably about 50/50. I think it just depends on if the whole reunion of smoking is real or not. I don't see a album coming next year if some sorta AFD line up reunite for a tour.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #132 on: October 15, 2015, 08:50:45 AM »

Again, just because Axl said they have recorded songs still  that doesn`t mean the album is 100% done and ready to come out in 2016.

All he confirmed was that they were gonna look in that regard very seriously

To me, "already recorded" and "been done for a while" means the album's fucking done.  The "look very seriously in that regard" means he'll decide whether he wants to release it and deal with the non-music side of things (label, promotion, marketing, etc.).  But who knows, that's what he felt back then.  We know things change.  Maybe he now thinks it's not done and he wants to tinker with it some more.   I'm sure Fernando will clear all this up soon.
Annie
« Reply #133 on: October 15, 2015, 08:52:50 AM »

I really hope we get some new music!  beer It will come out when the time is right ! just gotta be patient! I have faith!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #134 on: October 15, 2015, 09:33:11 AM »

I think too much analyzing goes on over hearing when 'the album is done.' So what if the album is done. That isn't important. An album could be done/finished in ten days or thirty years, it still accomplishes nothing for the fans. What is important is a release date and until that happens it doesn't really matter if an album is done or who says the album is done. And further more, even an official release date doesn't conclude anything because so much could happen during the time of the release date given, until your actually able to purchase the music.

Hearing promising things from Axl and company is encouraging but you can bet anything on that as we've seen in the past. Nothing else matters or is official until you own the music.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #135 on: October 15, 2015, 09:38:54 AM »

I think too much analyzing goes on over hearing when 'the album is done.' So what if the album is done. That isn't important. An album could be done/finished in ten days or thirty years, it still accomplishes nothing for the fans. What is important is a release date and until that happens it doesn't really matter if an album is done or who says the album is done. And further more, even an official release date doesn't conclude anything because so much could happen during the time of the release date given, until your actually able to purchase the music.

Hearing promising things from Axl and company is encouraging but you can bet anything on that as we've seen in the past. Nothing else matters or is official until you own the music.

Great post, agree completely.  Sure, it's great that the album is done.  But how long has that been the case?  What obviously matters is whatever behind the scenes drama is holding up the release from happening. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #136 on: October 15, 2015, 09:39:55 AM »

I largely agree.

But the reality is that they are not still recording stuff.  How the hell can they?  There is no band right now.

So when you factor in that that there is no more recording to be done, you do start to ask what the hold-up could possibly be after all this time, if not just artist's indifference.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #137 on: October 15, 2015, 09:43:40 AM »

I just hope what's going on isn't simply Axl taking his ball and going home because he's not getting the deal he wants for the next album.  That would obviously be a no win for the label, Axl and (shocker) the fans once again.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #138 on: October 15, 2015, 09:49:29 AM »

I just hope what's going on isn't simply Axl taking his ball and going home because he's not getting the deal he wants for the next album.  That would obviously be a no win for the label, Axl and (shocker) the fans once again.

There are people that DON'T think this?

This is exactly what I think is happening.  And has been happening.

Axl : I need X, Y, and Z before we can even think about releasing an album.  I'd also like an apology over the things you fucked up last time.

Label : Yeah, that's not really going to happen.

Axl : Well, get back to me when it is going to happen.

Label : Will do.  But I wouldn't wait by the phone.

Some variation of that conversation, you don't think that's possible?  I most certainly do.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #139 on: October 15, 2015, 09:57:14 AM »

There are people that DON'T think this?

This is exactly what I think is happening.  And has been happening.

Axl : I need X, Y, and Z before we can even think about releasing an album.  I'd also like an apology over the things you fucked up last time.

Label : Yeah, that's not really going to happen.

Axl : Well, get back to me when it is going to happen.

Label : Will do.  But I wouldn't wait by the phone.

Some variation of that conversation, you don't think that's possible?  I most certainly do.

I have to believe there's some kind of impasse going on behind the scenes that's holding up the release.  Did that take the wind completely out of Axl's sails? Are they still at least trying to negotiate?  Theses are obviously the questions that we are not entitled to see answered lol.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: